/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Poor Amelia edition

>Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

thanks, forgot about that.

But my points remain, the ideological differences, practical differences, and clear splits in goals must come from a massive split at the head of the Church.

My guess is when Laurence and Ludwig died, the Mensis under Micolash and Choir under Amelia.

Also, looking at the Yahar Ghul attire, it seems to have developed from the Executioner Garb.

I don't remember all the details, but it's confirmed somewhere the School of Mensis and the Church have the same roots and similar goals, with some distinct differences that created a rivalry.

Particularly, Laurence came from Byrgenwerth, so did Micolash. He's wearing the student uniform, and uses Byrgenwerth/Choir spells.

it's implied the Mensis adapted Byrgenworth Uniforms.

However that implies Byrgenworth was no longer operational at the time.

Anybody got 6j2kk88n open? Need someone to re-share it so I can get me a Waning Cold Abyssal.

Nevermind, found a backup in gjjarayk

>The key to the Upper Cathedral Ward seal.
>The upper echelons of the Healing Church are formed by the School of Mensis, based in the Unseen Village, and the Choir occupying the Upper Cathedral Ward.
>This key brings one a step closer to the Choir.

It's all connected. The Choir harvests the blood, the Church spreads it, and Mensis use those who are taken by it.

>re-share it
?

If you don't use a chalice dungeon for a long time they take it off the server.

>Near the end of the game & end of the DLC
>Bored with nothing to do
>invasion time
>have error pop up during invasion
>happened before with bro in co-op
>restart the app
>my character data is gone
>can't find it anywhere

pls halp

>invading
You deserved it.

If you're farming waning cold abyssals, can I join your game for some co-op? I need some also

How do you know when you're done hitting hotdog in the face? The first time he collapses?

Dude I can't even get to the third layer. I'm kind over this half-HP shit already.

I like the idea JSF put out, which implies the bodies are being harvested and burned in Hemwick, however, if you cross it over with Redgraves theory that the coffins are being taken to yahar ghul by the Mensis, burning corpses wouldn't make much sense.

The positioning of the graves in Hemwick had me wondering though.

What if there's a massive grave robbing operation under way in hemwick.

The tombstones are all lined up at the corners, as if they had been stored there, and quite old corpses are lying all over the place.

I wager that mensis has begun graverobbing all the graveyards outside yharnam, or even possibly the labyrinths underneath it.

But then what about the coffins in Yharnam? Well, I suppose the Church is responsible for the dead in yharnam, and they are being taken to Hemwick for actually being burned.

I'm not quite finished with this theory.

>ringing sinister bell in Forbidden Woods
>constantly invaded by some guy named Amazon.co.jp
>Gold Ardeo, punches me with Fist of Gratia and backpedals through the map
>I send message, "What are you?"
>response, "toilet"

Who is this? Why am I being tormented?

Alright an user suggested I use Beast cutter or the stake for a low level quality build, but could I use both? One for 1v1 one for crowd control? already got the cutter so getting the stake will be a piece of cake.

do your chalice dungeons reset after a given time?

Also holy shit the Pthumerian Descendant is by far the best boss in the game.

No bullshit abilities, awesome moveset and great speed.

No hitbox shittery, no AOE fuckery, no ads.

Just a simple awesome and fast duel to the death between two fighters.

If you still want in I'm about to start.

What determines a visceral attack's damage?

Points in Skill. Some runes can boost it also.

I need some of those as well. Got room?

Yeah definitely. Pass is 216.

It's base damage is determined by player level, it has S scaling in Skill. It also counts as unconvertsble Thrust damage, and is affected by gems.

Cool. Ringing.

I only got a regular Cold, Arcan Scaling +50. So I guess I'm going again.

Alright. Pretty stylish finish there.
Ringing.

The fuck? lol

I guess I fell through the floor?

Ringing again.

I thought he oneshot you or something.
Quick burial, at least.

Shit, this one was even worse.

Hope this dude actually drops them.

Which dungeon is this, again?

gjjarayk

I figured a Cold Abyssal is a Cold Abyssal, but the doc actually has these things listed as 22.5 for some reason. The two I got were 55 and 35 so I don't know. Typo?

I got a Waning Cold Abyssal +65 the first time

The gem rating isn't always guaranteed. All 20s should have +65 Arc scaling.

Ah, I see.

Well if you don't wanna tag in no hard feelings.

I have shit luck.

I'm still ringing, if you're going again.

Ah, sorry. I just ran it alone (and got another +35 fml)

Rebooting now if you wanna keep ringing.

No worries. Ready to go whenever.

Tbh I don't even need waning, just figured it wouldn't be bad to have a few.

So if soloing is easier /faster for you, let me know, I won't mind.

Nah I only beat him by the skin of my teeth. He was wrecking my shit before you joined.

Only Arcane +50 AND HP depletes -4 lol

But I got a Blood Rock.

Good to know lol.
Get a Cold Abyssal this time?

Shit that gem sucks.

Going again or are you keeping the Rock?

Pfft nah I ain't keeping the Rock. Wish text could convey sarcasm. Although I didn't know bosses could drop them.

Amelia is cute! Cute!

I think you can get them once per chalice area, but that may be just what's found in chests.

Yeah I thought the chests were one time only. Wasn't sure bosses could drop them at all or whether they fell under the one-per-chalice-type rule.

Still ringing?

I am now. You're savescumming right? At Layer 3?

Cause how would you keep the rock if you savescummed after?

Fuck. Another +50. And another Rock.

Guess I'm scumming again.

Same user?

Yeah. Figured I'd drop the gem on one of my parasites, get it to +9.
But that was fun as fuck and the L2 did 1.2k so I used my blood rock.

Ah nice.

Well, I'm ringing again. I appreciate you coming.

Searching.
Glad to be here, can't farm on my own. Too tedious.

>Too tedious.
I'm just too bad, heh.

I might have been able to get this +65 alone, but no way I'm farming Ebriatas by myself.

Hope you got a Cold Abyss on that one ..I just got my 3rd.

Yo if you want to do Ebby instead, I'm definitely down. I need her shape.

But probably not as fun to tentacle rape her as it is to do it to the elder.

+35, again.

I'm starting to get upset lol.

Will it say "Cold Abyssal", so I know whether to even bother looking?

It'll read "Cursed Cold Abyssal".

Sorry, man. Tentacles crossed on the next one.

Alright. Yeah they've all been Cold Damp.

I don't want to do Ebbi until I have this Abyssal, 'cause I've got two 19.3 Nourishings to placehold in the meantime.

But, if you want a meatshield for whenever you farm her I certainly owe you for all these runs.

Don't worry about it, I'm in no rush to farm her.

We should totally push him off again.

Wish I had the madman set. Probably best fashun with milkweed

COLD ABYSSAL

.....Attack Down -3%

You and RNG don't get along.

I'd drop you mine if I could.

It's funny too 'cause I see off-shapes and stuff almost frequently.

Fucking desire sensor.

From made save editor mules impossible in their only game where farming is critical.

I'm going Fist of the Kos Star on this one.

I deserved that.
I'll save this for the FC.
Also, update to install.

lol

He did some move I hadn't seen yet and OKHO'd me.

Bummer. Update should only take a few minutes, I'll be around after.

It's cool: I got one. I'm gonna keep this and run the dungeon again, see how it feels.

I'll scope the Ebbi dungeons and see if I wanna try one today.

Grats man.
Speedrunning to Eb is pretty simple. Emissary on the second floor is kind of an HP sponge.
I have that chalice open at layer 3, but I'm not going to farm it tonight.

Ah, ok. Guess I'll see you around then. Appreciate the help.

It's +5% Beast and +1.something Stam so it's not great.

I'm a little underwhelmed by the paper numbers: I'm only gaining about 30 Arc damage, but losing even more phys. I didn't realize HMLS' attack modifiers were such shit. I'm hoping this isn't a wasted endeavor.

Lord, this game is hard.
Finally decided to play my NoGaems4, and this game is kicking my ass.
Been playing for a couple of days and just got to Rom. Who proceeded to Ice comet my ass.

..You put it on the HMLS?
I haven't done any number crunching myself but I'm fairly sure for STR/Arc you get a lot more out of stacking nourishings, since the tricked form converts 70% of the physical to arcane.

Or something like that. I saw better damage numbers when I raised physical and didn't invest gems on Arcane.

He's the difficulty Spike in the base game. Everything after him is smooth sailing, until you do deep chalices and the DLC Bosses, those will teach you humility.

>Or something like that. I saw better damage numbers when I raised physical
Yeah. Even in tricked mode the split is like .98/.9, and phys is always like 150 points higher than Arcane.

It just pisses me off ...a lot, because, not only do I not want to level past 98, I don't think phys damage when I think about the Moonlight.

But, yeah, there seems to be very little reason not to 25/25 and use Nourishing.

I just really don't want to.

Even at these new numbers, untricked R2s still do more damage than most anything else

I'm level 42.
Is that underleveled or something? Even the beasts before him seem to be really high hp compared to my damage, I have a +5 Saw

What's your build right now?
25/50 gets real good use out of the HMLS.

For what it's worth, the moonbeams do 100% of the listed Arc damage. So if you want to be a space laser machine, stack Arc. Landing a fully charged R2 with 25/50 and stacked nourishings (or full Arc setup) does great damage since you hit for 100% of the arc and then whatever the modifier is on the physical swing itself.

My build now is 16/12/50 at 98, so I'm not getting to 25 unless I go up.

Yeah, just based on the numbers I've no doubt it's effective, I mean, it's effective enough as it is now. It just pisses me off.

There's a lot you can and should do before fighting Rom.

Have you found the Tonsil Stone? Have you found Hypogean Gaol?

You been to Cainhurst?

is anyone farming Heavy Abyssals? I really need some and I don't want to do the whole dungeon and savescum just to get one. If someone lets me coop I promise to host another time.

With your setup you are better off just using the HMS as a projectile weapon and ignoring anything but tricked-R2's. Using arc only gems and having no STR/SKL means the actual sword swings will be pathetic.

The only way to do a proper HMS build at 98 is to have a whopping 10 vitality. The damage becomes insane, but it requires very heavy investment into 3 stats.

>The damage becomes insane, but it requires very heavy investment into 3 stats.
Yeah, I've seen.
Maybe I'll fucking go to 117. I don't know.

I miss DeS' and DaS' MLS. Fuck.

I did a rough estimate of damage testing just now on the werewolves in Isz.

Once with ~+300 phys and ~+100 arc
500 damage Moonbeam
1300 damage Moonbeam + R2
1030 damage L2
~250 or so per swing
~220 untricked, didn't test anything else

Then I tried ~+100 Phys, +250 Arc
700 damage moonbeam
1030 damage R2+Moonbeam
1030 damage L2
~250 per swing
~190 per swing untricked

So that's a quick look at where the distribution of phys/arc goes.
Nourishings are a happy medium for 25/50 but since your str is 16 you'll get better returns on arc gems than on anything else.
A fully connected R2 and L1 combo will do about the same damage, give or take 50-100

(I did 300 more on the phys setup but I also had a total of 50 more AR)

No to the Tonsil
Is that the place you go after getting kidnapped in the sack?

I don't think so

>Is that the place you go after getting kidnapped in the sack?
Yes. Finish out that place. before Rom

>No to the Tonsil
Ok. Without being to spoilery, there's a shack near the village in the Forbidden Woods. You get the stone there.

If a host gives 10k echo's when killed, what level were they?

Also, no one can deal with unlocked rolls in this game. If I roll (not dash) away from someone then R1 and 180 the attack by flicking the stick they run into it EVERY SINGLE TIME, often running or attacking as well so I get counter damage bonus.

I beat one guy by doing nothing but roll away from him and reverse attack,

Need help with Amygala in Cursed Pthumerian Defilement
Preferably with 2 anons, since everyone I've summoned till now have died

wma2
Default pass. I'll be waiting by the fog gate.

Nvm, I give up for now

people who are more experience won't get caught by that, but some weapons are better at that than otthers so if you're using something like a saw or whirligig it might just be that you're beating out their attacks because your roll r1 is faster even though they see it coming

toilet

Can someone give me a hand with the watchdog in Cursed Pthumerian Defilement?

I keep getting him low and then he pulls out the charge attack he hasn't used in the last 5 minutes and one shots me.

Anyone care to lend me a hand with getting the moonlight greatsword? I haven't played in half a year and am trying to get it for a low level play through.

The dlc enemies obliterate me.

Sure thing m8. Can't say I'll do to well against Ludwig himself, but I can get you there.

God I hate both those places.
I just ran straight past the kidnappers to the lantern to escape.
And that woods was a pain in the ass the first time to get through.

Are you by the fog and what's the pass?

pw and area?

Yeah.
bbg

Nightmare church is the area, password is qwerty44

I'm not getting anything.

Hey guys is the whrilgig saw still the best weapon? I want an ez run of the game which build and weapons would allow me to do that?

what is up with the fucking psn tags, it has nothing to do with connecting in bloodborne

Habit and keeping up with posters.

>tried Logarius 5 times
>alright fuck this I'll summon
>PSN asks me for my birthday
>didn't put in my actual birthday last time and can't remember the fictional one
>guess no summons for me
>19 vials left, no bullets
>put on "the only thing I know for real" for a last attempt
>actually beat the bugger

shiiiieeet, music really does matter.

I guess what we learn from this is first, don't put in account informations you can't remember in a year, and second, don't list to lore podcasts during boss battles

consider reddit

Consider creating your own image board.

Anyone want help with anything? Offering a hand for main game,dlc,dungeons, you name it I can be there.