Well?

Well?

>ff

well? what happened

you ever seen a company so determined to make the same car in spite of a society that hates it
i've never seen a company stagnate as bad as subaru has, its like they completely fucking gave up
remember the rad and weird sport coupes they made? fuck me man

Looks like a piece of monoblock machinery

subaru is selling more cars now than they ever have. ever. you can say these things but if they are making money they do not need to try hard

and thats the biggest tragedy of this terrible industry

They got my money and I don't regret it. I have a 2016 WRX and I love it. Don't give a fuck about poor-ass autists and their nostalgia boners.

Wow i've never seen anyone try this hard to justify their purchase for no reason
like nobody was even talking shit

quick, tell him to get a focus RS

Same thing that happened to Nissan. The corporate attitude is such that they only want to invest in cars that will be a guaranteed sales success. Nothing adventurous, nothing risky.

is that why they say nissans are for people with bad credit?
they need a new frontier that isnt a turd

nissan bought mitsubishi so maybe they'll collab?
nissan really is just non stop fucking up, they ONLY have a halo car and thats it
and their halo car isnt' even necessarily something thats actually FUN, its the same problem NSX has now too

everyone made their sub compact cars of the 80s and 90s way too fucking big and heavy

It's made worse by the fact that one of the higher-up's at NIssan, I think the chief design manager maybe, said on the record the company only had room for 2 performance cars, and those would be the GT-R and the new Z crossover.

>yup, a 6 figure track car and a 'sporty' crossover for the millennials. That's more than enough guys, good work

it will be strange to see something like a fusion sport being faster than some sports cars from nissan

>tfw the next Z car is nothing but a factory riced Juke

the sad part is that the juke and z could actually be decent cars if they weren't raised so high off the fucking ground and given massive wheels and tires for no reason

still slower than a fusion sport
what kind of person buys that thing

Millennials. Again, Nissan has publicly stated that the entire reason the 370z will be replaced with a crossover instead of another dedicated sports car is because they are trying to attract millennial buyers

but millenials dont fucking like driving
they either buy used corollas/prizms/civics of the newest year they can or if they're rich they get some luxury car or if they're middle class they get a compact MPG saver
they dont want to fucking drive they dont want to spend money on it and are chasing the tesla/ self driving cars

About 50% of concept designers being completely fucked in the head is an unchanging constant among the sands of time, though.

>there is not a lot to get excited about in this honda line up anymore

There's the new NSX and the type r coming to the states, thats fairly exciting. Too bad their both kinda ugly. Talks about a s2000 successor too

The simple answer is Nissan looked at the sales figures of all the major competitors and saw that small crossover SUV's always sell well and have decent margin, and some other Nissan executive walked on a college campus and saw a lot of crossover SUV's, hence millennials must buy them

So for them, the logic is to replace a sports car that sells about 7,000 units a year with something that, historically, sells about 100,000 units a year. They would rather sacrifice an affordable sports car to whore out the badge to shift an image driven sport crossover

To me, it's all fuckign stupid. The Z crossover is simply trying to re-invent something they already had (NISMO Juke) but in a way that lets them badgewhore the branding. They could have introduced a smaller crossover based off the Rogue to compete against the Honda HRV if they wanted millennials money, and actually taken the time to do something nice with the Z instead of retiring it to whorehouse status

i saw a Nissan Murano CrossCabriolet yesterday. such a god awful car

millenials drive them because it's their parents hand me down car usually what the fuck
>new nsx
im looking forward to a self driving mode where it uploads times to instagram
>type r
why does honda keep cramming all this new tech and performance engine into their pigfat chassis? fucking launch a lighter small sub compact car already use your fuckign honda fit mother fuckers

>implying Porsche worsened

Literally the only company that has remained faithful to their original product. I really can't whine about the 911 as it's still the only true GTS available right now.

REMEMBER THE FUCKING DEL SOL?
>hey man lets make a nice tiny two seater coup
>JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP SENPAI
>FUCKING BENDING ALL OVER THE PLACE
>HEAVIER THAN THE LARGER COUPE AND HATCHBACK

Yet Nissan will now use that car and it's failure as an excuse to point to as to why they don't make anything interesting

>look people, we gave you guys a convertible SUV and you didn't buy it! we're just going to make beige Altima's from here till the end of time

Does the company's logic hold up in the real world? Not really, but having poor insight into the market is how you get the Murano CrossCabriolet

what about aston martin?

the evil part is it replaced the crx

>crossover instead of another dedicated sports car is because they are trying to attract millennial buyers
Trying to attract women buyers maybe, No young man looking for a sporty car is going to buy a crossover. Was this ever even confirmed? if so bad move by nissan, they must way out of touch.

Maybe it's just where I live, But I don't understand where this whole "millennials don't like cars come from". I'd say at least 80% of people on Veeky Forums are millennials, easily.

doesn't nissan build the gtr

yeah right

have you read the replies on this board

there isn't a single modern sports car that Veeky Forums deems as good

not a single one

mustang = too fat
camaro = too fat
370z = shit
toyobaru = slow
challenger = fat
miata = shit
fiat 124 = shit
4c = expensive shit

some of the quickest and most powerful sports car are available right now but Veeky Forums is too poor and trashes on all of them

"After scrapping production plans for the Nissan IDx coupes... ...the next Z car will be a crossover. Autocar reports that not only will it be previewed in concept form at the Frankfurt Motor Show, but that it will go on sale in 2017....

For starters, the current 370Z will be allowed to expire by 2017. As its replacement, Nissan had been considering a smaller coupe as a possibility, previewing it in concept form at the 2013 Tokyo Motor Show. The IDx would have been powered by a four-cylinder engine, and would have been a throwback to the packaging offered by the Datsun Z cars of the 1970s.

The company has chosen not to go that route, and has indicated that it will instead market a small sports crossover.....

Nissan executives have indicated that the company will not be rehashing the same formula or trying to improve upon the 370Z directly.

“I don’t think the next one [Z car] is going to be the 390Z," the company's creative officer, Shiro Nakamura, recently told the Australian media. "It’s not growing because it’s already big enough. You know, 350 started with 240, 300, 350 and then came 370. I don’t think we should go higher."

Why might this signal a change in vehicle type? Nissan executives already feel that a new approach is needed for the Z to avoid pushing the car up against the Nissan GT-R.

"We need to take another path," Nakamura continued. "I feel Z needs more revolution than evolution. I think GT-R has to stay the most high-performance symbol of Nissan technology and Z is a more affordable sports car or a sporty car to GET THE YOUNGER PEOPLE....

...The logic behind a move to make the next Z a small, sporty crossover would be to get new, younger enthusiasts interested in the brand."

Direct quotes from multiple interviews with Nissan about the next Z car

>Miata
>sports car
Okay twink

>miata = shit
>fiat 124 = shit
Which is funny because I don't think anyone on Veeky Forums actually owns an ND and 124 Abarths haven't even gone on sale yet

thats not because Veeky Forums its because modern cars have gone downhill
>miata shit
>124 shit

>im going to compile the many differing opinions of dozens of people and attribute it to one entity
b8

but they haven't

every seasoned car journalist admits that they're awesome

meanwhile, the only people on Veeky Forums that hate these cars are the ones that haven't driven them

YOU KN OW HOW YOU GET YOUNG ENTHUSIASTS MOTIVATED
YOU MAKE A 240SX FOLLOW UP
YOU DENSE MOTHER FUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I DONT EVEN LIKE NISSAN OR THE 240 AND I CAN SEE THAT

You're wrong. Goodbye.

you can already buy a car that weighs less than 2900 lbs and has 200hp

and plenty of room for a turbo

>one kills you when you crash
>one kills you because you crash it

I don't get NIssan's thought processes on not putting the IDx concept into production, personally. It would have been a success, and while it likely wouldn't have been a high volume car, they would have been extremely profitable per unit, and generated far more interest in the brand than a rebadged Juke ever will

so jeremy clarkson, tiff needel and chris harris both approve of the gt86 and say it's awesome, but it's not awesome?

or let me guess...your tinfoil hat says that they've all been bought out

I'm not going to argue opinions user. You can take your shitty b8 out of this thread.

So they want to make it affordable so younger people can buy it. Still doesn't explain why they're making it a crossover. Its like their selling out in a way, just because they know a crossover will sell well.
I really hope this car absolutely fails miserably

because they can't afford to turbocharge it and keep it under 30k

and unless it's turbocharged they can't say it has more power than a gt86

and unless it has more power than a gt86 it can't compete with one of the best-handling cars of all time

it's all about money, and the sporty coupe market is saturated right now

someone hasn't seen the mess that is toyobaru ....

i'm not arguing your opinion, i'm arguing theirs

they're the ones who love it

>the sporty coupe market is saturated

>gt86
>best handling car of all time
They can beat gt86 by having a lower curb weight user
the nissan car could fit between gt86 and miata

>gt86 best handling

also
>sport coupe market is saturated

Zac?

>Its like their selling out in a way, just because they know a crossover will sell well.
That's exactly what they're doing user

>because they can't afford to turbocharge it and keep it under 30k
Ehhhhh, see, I really think they could have though. If Fiat can produce a 124 at 25K, Toyota could have gotten a production IDx turbo on the market for under 30 easily

>and the sporty coupe market is saturated right now
You have plenty room on the low end (sub 30K) to get a car in the market

Literally the only thing wrong with the new 911s is the watercooled engine

They should have stuck with aircooled. I wouldn't turn down a free 991, but if I had the money to but a 991, I'd buy a 964

lets see, this is everything that is available for under 30k and has two doors

scion tc
ford mustang
chevrolet camaro
scion fr-s
dodge challenger
nissan 370z
subaru brz
hyundai genesis coupe
kia forte coupe
honda civic coupe
vw gti
vw beetle

or if you want to bump it up 5k
bmw 2 series (!)

fiat had a chassis designed by mazda which saved them billions, and they can borrow manufacturing details, but they can still only package 160hp for 25k

they're gonna charge 35k for a turbo'd model with sticky tires and a better rear diff

Right now all we have is toyobaru user

Oh I know, It's 99% likely I'll end up buying a 124 Abarth.

But Toyota has the overhead, infrastructure, and R&D in place that they could have put the IDx to market for about 26-28K. I have absolutely no doubt they could have met the price point had they wanted to...they CHOSE not to, which is what I will always find confusing

>scion tc
Literally an Avensis
>ford mustang
Muscle car, not a coupe
>chevrolet camaro
Muscle car, not a coupe
>scion fr-s
Too slow for 30K
>dodge challenger
Muscle car, not a coupe
>nissan 370z
Surprisingly heavy for what it is
>subaru brz
Too slow for 30K
>hyundai genesis coupe
Hyundai build quality
>kia forte coupe
Hyundai build quality
>honda civic coupe
Literally a econobox with less doors
>vw gti
Literally an econobox with less doors
>vw beetle
Literally a womans car

what does it matter?

look up the msrp on all of those

you can get a 300hp/3500lbs mustang for 27k, why would anyone need a little dinky nissan

especially when that little dinky nissan would need a brand new chassis and a brand new motor because there is nothing that nissan could source from its other models that would fit it

so in order to be competitive you can either a. hookup with another manufacturer to split r/d costs or b. sell it for a high price

who would hook up with nissan on anything when they all have their own competing products that still have a few years of shelf-life? honda/toyota won't do anything because honda is making a stupid amount of money with their new civic and accord, and toyota has their own small rwd product that is doing well

so nissan just can't afford to sell a 25k coupe right now, and realize that they should just try to peddle a 30k crossover to the children of people who already own muranos

>scion tc
>ford mustang
>dodge challenger
>chevrolet camaro
>kia forte coupe
>vw beetle

None of these really compete with what we are talking about here, they are either hardly actually sporty or arent really cross shopped. The people buying the BRZ dont want challengers or beetles.

>toyota
meant Nissan, derp

Water is heavy, a water pump is heavy, a radiator is heavy

They also take up more space and cause the already cramped engine bay to turn into an oven. With aircooled you just need an oil cooler and that's it, way more space for exhausts and displacement

You're an idiot
Right now only two cars occupy the market
Miata
and
Toyobaru

the market of no bullshit lightweight drivers cars

because they already have the fr-s and the brz and every single person who has driven one, loves the car

it would be dumb for them to waste money on a nissan rwd coupe that won't sell well

>people shouldnt try because this thing exists and people already like that thing
thats so fucking dumb did you even think about your post

there are plenty of people who would cross-shop a civic si vs an fr-s

or a vw gti

or a genesis coupe

or an ecoboost mustang

it's all about, what am i really looking for?

have you ever taken a marketing course? literally one of the first things that they teach you is that no one really knows what they're looking for

Oh my godddd
There are only two cars in the market, Toyobaru and Miata. Stop bring other markets into this.

are you fucking retarded
yeah you're right i guess on some level the people buying camaros and pacificas are cross shopping at some point

get this fucking joker out of here

>because they already have the fr-s and the brz and every single person who has driven one, loves the car
I didn't/still don't

>it would be dumb for them to waste money on a nissan rwd coupe that won't sell well
But that's what I am driving at, it WOULD have sold well, and been profitable. No, it wouldn't have been a 100,XXX unit car for them, but it would have moved more than the 370Z had been, while being more profitable

That's my whole point from before, if Nissan wanted to grow the brand/get younger buyers, they should have split a smaller style crossover off the Rogue and marketed it to compete against the HRV. The Juke could have been retained and been given some legit sporting credentials, and a production model IDx could have taken the Z badge and gotten younger people interested in the brand

don't fix what isn't broken

nissan would have built a rwd coupe if they saw it would make money

they built the gtr and the murano cabriolet, so of course they'd go the easy route and build something that was proven

but they didn't

because they realize it would be a waste of cash

so wanna know what they're gonna do?

you probably don't want to hear this

but the're gonna take the sentra, take off the body, and put on a small suv body onto that crap little frame and they're gonna put in a cvt with a manual option and they're gonna claim it's the next iteration of the 240sx

just watch

What did he mean by this

you should leave the board user, you might miss your bus.

>the sporty coupe market is saturated
>this whole post

I know we're meme and shitposts experts here, but i think i've had enough of Veeky Forums today

good, then go to bed

Fuck you. Discuss Honda

there will never been another s2000

the next civic si will be an excellent drive

>FWD
>excellent drive

>this entire poopost

Die

L
M
A
O

well?

Nah its because people expect too much out of them. They're comparing cars sold for 80k 20 years ago to 40k cars of today

Senna's soul was said to have haunted Honda for a good 10 yrs after he died.

Now that his soul has passed on Honda only makes shit.

Are you retarded, companies want to make money. If their current product is selling well, they'll be looking to continue doing so. There's literally no incentive for them to spend money on something that will just appeal to the same market without bringing any more in.

Dude I know from your sample of like minded car enthusiasts it seems that way, but trust me when I say that the millions they dump into market analysis provide a better idea of what will sell.

If it was profitable there would be absolutely no reason for them to not do it, that's not how corporate finance works.

>all the people on Veeky Forums who like cars are millenials, therefore all millenials like cars

Are you retarded ?

They don't want to get "enthusiasts motivated", they want to sell cars. Crossovers sell a fucking lot and have good profit margins,sporty cars like 240x don't.

Money talk, shit walks, deal with it, I know it's shit but it is what it is.