Veeky Forums why shouldnt I buy a 2010 Taurus SHO with 60,000 miles for 17k $ ?

Veeky Forums why shouldnt I buy a 2010 Taurus SHO with 60,000 miles for 17k $ ?

Anyone has experience with these cars ?
Reliable ?

Other urls found in this thread:

autoblog.com/2015/11/30/ford-police-testing-results/
superstreetonline.com/how-to/chassis-suspension/sstp-1302-understanding-all-wheel-drive-systems/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

$17k seems like a lot for a 6 year old ford.

You can get a 2013 model with 20,000 miles for 23,000.

They're v6, heavier and larger than the Crown Vic it replaced while the interior space is smaller. Its FWD biased AWD with a transverse mounted V6. And you're asking if a sideways mounted, twin turbo, V6 with direct injection is reliable.

People will think you're a cop.

It's also faster.

>8.4 Seconds

All that R&D to get a twin Turbo V6 and 6 speed auto tranny to beat an engine made in 1991 and a transmission made in the early 80's

>over 3 seconds slower
lol the v8 cuckolds got triggered again

The Taurus is also safer.

Test drove one, accelerations are impressive. Also I did enjoy the long list of equipment especially the massage and cooled seats.

The one I drove felt cramped and a lot smaller on the inside than I expected. I was not impressed.

I'll give you that the interior isnt roomy as it should.

I kind of like the way the new Taurus looks. Really, I think it's the best natural looking car Ford has right now. Everything else feels like it's trying too hard.

It's not a Yamaha engine like the good SHO was

No dude "people" are too ignorant to realize the taurus is a cop car. CVPIs have been around forever that's the only reason normies recognize them as cop cars.

>fwd
>pigfat
>cramped back seat
>worse than the panther in pretty much every way

>fwd is awd
Oh weird

That's not even the fastest vic available vs the top spec Taurus.

It is a FWD system for the most part. The rear wheels doesn't kick in until it detects wheel slippage. In a track situation it's too late for it to kick in, it's only useful if you're stuck in the snow. The Dodge Charger AWD is RWD biased, so it handles better on a track situation while also being good in the snow. Problem is there is very few V8 AWD models, they have become a police option only.

>worse than the panther in pretty much every way

Other than it being faster, nimbler, safer, quieter, and softer? :0

the lx was the fastest crown vic sold.

>"in a track situation it's to late for it to kick in"
That's a lie.

>"the dodge charger handles better in a track situation"
Yet another lie.

>Ecoboost Taurus
>0-60 in 5.8 seconds
>1:35.66 around a track

>V8 Charger
>0-60 in 6.2 seconds
>1:36.12 around a track

autoblog.com/2015/11/30/ford-police-testing-results/

>The rear wheels doesn't kick in until it detects wheel slippage.

But that's not true, it's AWD every time off the line until you reach your cruising speed, it also activates any time you step on it.

>"In the LASD's 0-60 miles-per-hour acceleration test, the all-wheel driveinterceptor sedanwith the 3.5-liter V6 EcoBoost sprinted there in 5.8 seconds, compared to 6.6 seconds for the rear-drive 5.7-liter V8Dodge Chargeand 6.7 seconds for the 6.0-liter V8Chevrolet Caprice"

Oopsies! I made a mistake in my post. The Charger actually takes 6.6 seconds to reach 60 MPH. Even slower than I said before.

The Marauder or Police Interceptor was

>.4 seconds difference
>.46 seconds difference

For much smaller interior space, cops are buying the fatter Explorer.

>claims it's better on tracks
>gets BTFO
>moves onto a different vehicle
lol

It is better on tracks, that is one track and one police department.

>moves onto a different vehicle
That's the Police and everyone else doing that. Taurus was a failure.

pigfat as fuck

>it is better on tracks
It isn't. I've already shown that, unless you have evidence proving otherwise you're just talking out of your ass.

I would but no one has bought a Taurus to tack to the track

tfw i bought mine for 17k 8 months ago but it had 97000 miles on it

love my SHO so far, perfect dd and even with my usual hooning drive style it gets about 16.5 mpg (should be about 17 for normal calm city driving)

pic related: mine

>pigfat
>literally smaller than a crown vic

>FWD biased AWD
Stop this meme.

For 17k you could buy a perfect FD RX7

It's not. The exterior is larger and the interior is smaller because everyone needs to drive a padded bath tub these days.

superstreetonline.com/how-to/chassis-suspension/sstp-1302-understanding-all-wheel-drive-systems/

OP here, I need a DD not a project car lol

The Marauder isn't a VIC.

And the Interceptor was actually slower then the LX due to increased weight.

>superstreetonline.com/how-to/chassis-suspension/sstp-1302-understanding-all-wheel-drive-systems/
What a retarded and wrong article. It's no wonder the people on this website are absolutely clueless about everything.

No it wasn't.

Increased weight? Why would a stippo p71 weigh more than a fully optioned p74?

Also you couldn't get 3.55's with a sport or HPP (except for a brief stint in 00-01)

A 3.55 equipped p71 will walk a 3.27 LX Sport or HPP all day long

But non of this matters because they are still slow as fuck by todays standards.

The CPVI had heavier competent including a reinforced frame.

Care to explain why?

>Every single race ends at 60mph
>Nothing else is relevant

>Car is slow to 60
>Even slower to quartermile.

It makes incorrect distinctions, wholly wrong assumptions, and it is basically lowest common denominator oversimplification and overcomplication.

I've never came across people who autistically obsess and glorify CVPIs, thankfully I don't know any boomers irl. Damn it's just a cop car, what's the deal?

cheapest v8 money can buy

>Autistic CVPI shills in full force

You think I would shill that apocalyptic hunk of shit?
I'd rather own a maxima.

Dude for 17k you can get brand new cars (a lot of Korean models, most lowest-tier Jap models) with 60,000 less miles than your Ford Taurus

>engine blowing up intensifies

But will it have a V6, AWD and an "Ima cop" look?