Tank Strength By Country

futurebattles.com/en/countries/ranking_land_afv_mbts

If you're trying to make Russia seem impressive, they're not. The majority of their MBT force are mothballed T-72s and T-80s which are obsolete even with ERA and other upgrades which most don't have. In terms of regular forces Russia is a paper tiger. Their little conflict with Georgia proved how incompetent their leadership and how outdated their equipment really is.

too bad they can't afford to arm any of them

Future wars in which MBTs will be useful: (0)

Quick, someone call the Pentagon and tell them that

This. I wonder how many are monkey models in storage to sell to some poverty-tier country with more money than warfighting experience. Hell, I wonder how many of those actually work, let alone have working weapons and sensors.

>ITT: Vietnam-era armchair general
Truly an entirely useless vehicle with absolutely no doctrine or role to fill. Who the hell wants a 120mm smoothbore and .50 cal. for direct fire, IRNV sensor pack, radio, rocket-rated armor and an intimidating presence on the battlefield anyway? Why can't we just spam CAS? Surely planes will always be able to access wherever you're fighting, and absolutely never subjected to adverse conditions or anti-air fire. Never ever.

They are obsolete against other MBTs but not against shit like buildings, vehicles and people.

Ummm have you really never head of ATGMs? We basically hand them out like candy. They're used from buildings, vehicles, and by people. Not to mention the ones we hand out are the sort of old ones that are not up to date and they go through soviet armor like butter.

Russia has World of Tanks so it's not a fair comparison

>Russian propaganda

BBBBRRRRRAAAAAPPPPPPPPPP!!

Russia basically got lucky with the T-34, having had a chance to test out their previous design against the Japanese (who were legit badasses) prior to their engagement with the Axis in WWII.

Its predecessor, the T-26, was so horrible it could be disabled by ordinary foot soldiers.

Russia has been banking on the fame of the T-34 ever since when in reality it was a slightly improved heap of shit compared to the T-26 and only lasted long enough to overwhelm Germany when they conveniently had trouble with their industrial output.

The real question is, how many of those t-72's still work?

Germans still shat their pants when confronted to T34s and KV1s during their invasion of Russia and the reason why the Tiger was created. Yes they were assembled by wild monkeys but when they worked Panzer 3s and early 4s had trouble penetrating their sloped armor, thing the superior german engineering never thought of.

Yeah see they're useless

how's this Veeky Forums? fuck off back to i can't stand you operating try hard faggots

tanks are vehicles too my man

they're also weapons, and this thread would be more appropriate on /k/

my man

>$0.05 has been deposited into your account by World of Tanks

>buzzword
>no explanation as to why one of the staples of modern combat is suddenly useless
>no suggestions for improvement to modern doctrines that use MBTs
The only thing useless here is you, you fucking smegma accident.

Right but Veeky Forums isn't Veeky Forums-Vehicles, it's Veeky Forums-Auto