/twg/ - Total War General

Cleaning up the OP Edition, returning us to the age of glory!

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Warhammer News
Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
Recent Update Info -- wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_2
DLC -- store.steampowered.com/dlc/364360/
The Grim and the Grave DLC Trailer -- youtube.com/watch?v=1yI1LVCGNpc

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

eurogamer.net/articles/2016-09-13-valve-takes-on-steam-user-review-score-manipulation
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Kislev when?

G O B L I N S

>tfw Kislev don't wanna be your vassal anymore even though you saved them from Chaos and Norsca
Being good guy Vlad is suffering. Next I bet Empire will attack me just because I've eaten all their territory while being a good ally.

ROMA
O
M
A

Maybe he just likes elves

Also he posts warhammer elf pictures sometimes

I love my mummy.

the deep thinking goblin sits there, in the back of your head. It sometimes call out on you, gives you a drive, changes your mood.

The deep thinking goblin sometimes comes out when I make a post that is not up to par. It tells me "no, this isnt right". And then the deep thinking goblin comes out with vidya, or tv series and tells me "no, this is boring, do something else"

and then there is nothing that can change that.

The deep thinking goblin even goes further, when you look at a QT girl, and the deep thinking goblin goes like "is she wearing piercings? Are those tattoo's? What the fuck is she eating? Does she look like she is pretty dumb and/or a consumer whore?" And then no matter what, without the deep thinking goblins approval. Nothing works anymore.

The deep thinking goblin forces you to give a cringeworthy smile, to a marketer, work employee or some other person that EVERYONE likes, because the deep thinking goblin tells you that what that person is and does, its shit.

The deep thinking goblin goes out into the city, sees all the shitskins, niggers, fat people, and other assortments of degenerate retards and tells you "when they smile at you, give them the meanest look you can muster, because they are shit."

and still, this deep thinking goblin is like a god.

>Supposed to have an infantry advantage
Greatswords will always trade out more cost-effectively. Marauders are pretty bad but more expensive then other low-tier infantry.

>Great monsters
all of them too expensive for what they do and Demis trash them with extreme cost efficiency. Kholeck is the great redeemer though, spawn are good but not versatile like Minos, DOgres are too much.

>Strong magic
Only death works well for the cost and VC does it better (Death and Vampire). Need the chaos lores.

>Cav cost as much as grail knights
not as good as any but a great pick against dwarfs, marauder cav too expensive

>Can't magically spawn something behind the lines
zombies, skellies, gouls, BIG GOULS, grave guard, manticores, cygors

Fuck I have always loved this faction but christ they play bad in MP. Only matchup i win consistently is dwarfs but that isn't the biggest thing to take pride in. I need my opponent to fuck up.

Fucking CA must love the damn VC's, gave them fucking everything, low-tiers who can hold, cost effective monsters, great cav with low and high cost options, stacking regeneration buffs so everything is Healthx1.6 effectively.

Why was the first lord update giving the 2 best factions more options?

What would a greater Demon of Kek look like?

does battlefleet gothic armada go here?

I feel like the WoC campaign is really unfun to play. THey should rework it somewhat, they did beastmen so much better.

no

Kek seems more like Lizardmen material.

eurogamer.net/articles/2016-09-13-valve-takes-on-steam-user-review-score-manipulation

When did this happen?

It was mostly positive for a long time now

In chaos campaign you kind of just have to make up your own objectives, which sucks. You spend so much time beating up Norsca in order to fill coffers and subjugate the EVER INFURIATING tribes who will constantly declare war on each other and never seem to repopulate what you destroy.

Beastmen can get around a lot easier and exploit gaps in troop movement while Chaos can't.

There's gotta be some area control feature, not cities but areas that are under chaos control and corruption to allow structures to the dark gods and give recruitment, tech, and other bonuses.

There is no worse feeling than starting a new horde with bare bones buildings. The direct Atilla to Warhams conversion of Hordes isn't fun and why would the Armies of Chaos carry that shit around anyway. Give Chaos hordes fall pack positions and stuff to defend.

>you can no longer state your opinion unless we get 30% of it's full price
Fucking jews

>Wood elves released
>face the first Wood Elf army in the Grand Campaign
>it is a "full army of glade riders" episode

/twg/, it's time to apologize

It kind of make senses that beastmen and wood elves have a mini campaign

While all the other faction will unlock new part of the world, the WE and Beastmen are already here

Like, imagine if the beastmen DLC came alone. You have 5 new maps, 3 quests and an easy campaign. Having an overpriced mini-campaign filled the void

With the wood elves, I'm sure the minicampaign will be better, As Athel Loren has different weathers, and the campaign will includes more faction rather than Khazrak, Imperials and some useless orcs

desu senpai I'm gonna sit in my comfy forest with my catamite slaves having orgies.

N-no homo!

>they totally care about mods, bro

Tilea is best-a realm-a!

A wood elf campaign could be much more interesting than the one the beasties got. Athel Loren is supposed to be magical alternate dimension with different realms, factions, weird horrible stuff that would give WoC nightmares in some places and ents on crack. While this sounds better on paper than Boring Snorebringer vs Autistic rapegoat, im not confident in CA not fucking up. It will propably be something like unite the differently colored elf mini factions and take on the beasties while keeping the smelly brettonian peasants at bay to unlock a recolored lord in custom battle

>stuff that would give WoC nightmares

I think the only thing that scare the WoC is the Mournfang cavalry

Also been forced to wear and use stuff without spikes

Do dildos count as spikes? Cause I'm pretty sure there are slaanesh cultists who only wear didlos

WOOD ELVES WHEN?

I WANT MY FOREST NEETS CAMPAIGN

teaser will start in 2-3 weeks, trailer early october, release mid-october

Steam reviews are such cancer. They need to sort this manipulation and trolling shit out.

You shouldn't be able to review games until you have completion achievements. Its ridiculous someone that hasn't played a single hour can leave a review not to mention the key activation allowing people not buying from steam to review them on steam.

Teaser/reveal 15th and release on the 29th.
Alternatively teaser/reveal on 22nd with release on the 6th.

The gif? January 26, 2006. It's just as suit with no one inside.

Thats way too long damnit

THE EMPIRE ENDURES

WE WILL SURVIVE, WE WILL THRIVE, WE WILL DROWN THE FORCES OF CHAOS IN A SEA OF GUNFIRE AND FAITH

BUT FOR NOW, WE FARM

Rollan

Si vis pacem, para bellum

>turn 19
>marienburg still alive

Mousillon declared war on me and was probing around Grunburg and Khazrak was marching through my lands

The first 19 turns were basically me scaring off Beastmen and Mousillon back and forth before I had to take them both out and delay taking Marienburg

Mousillon became a threat that early? They usually get wiped pretty soon in my games, or remain a 1-2 province nuisance.

I dont want to buy WTW until they add elves.
Someone tell me, have/will elves be added yet?

They weren't really a threat, they got wiped on like turn 26, because their only stack was just marching back and forth dodging Franz

I'm not sure if it's exclusive to Legendary or what but the AI on Legendary have thusfar dropped everything to give me a headache at any possible time

Wood Elves soon. So basically uou can purchase TWWH later this month or early next month. Autumn sale is in october. Should be able to save 10-25% on the game and DLC's.

Dark Elves and High Elves won't be till the first expansion alongside the Lizardmen.

Fuuuck yes, thank you user

rerollan

The problem is that Archaon for the player doesn't really reach the level of Everchosen feel that the AI Archaon gets

The entire subjugation of the Norscans needs to be reworked, it's basically half-finished. The Norscans are supposed to be your buttmonkey footsoldiers but all they do is fuck around. Rather than making the campaign more challenging by allowing your supposed servants to fuck around and ruin things for you in a frustrating manner they just need to make it so that the Empire and Bretonnian AIs are more competent in fighting Chaos, perhaps have something like "the world unites against Chaos" after turn 100 on a Chaos campaign so that the empire factions and bretonnian factions stop fighting each other and start fighting WoC and Beastmemes. Also there needs to be some endgame buildings for WoC which make it so you aren't constantly hemorrhaging money once you've got 3 armies. It limits you a lot if you only have 3 armies and can't count on your allies to do shit compared to factions which can produce their own coin and hence can support larger militaries.

Chaos in general needs a rework and it will honestly end up hurting the game if they don't bother with a rework until 2018 when the second expansion with Chaos Daemons comes out.

As long as you have to do everything yourself it feels more like you're the Huns and just wrecking shit because you feel like it rather than the chosen of the dark gods destined to burn the world to the ground.

God damn it rerollan

>inb4 CA pull a switcheroo and troll us all.

I might laugh and cry inside at the same time if they release Bretonnia before Wood Elves. We're all basing the assumption on the Russian datamine and the free content timeline coinciding with major DLC's. True its been 100% accurate so far down to the sub factions of the historical mini campaigns. But CA probably don't like the idea of players knowing every upcoming faction DLC and filling in the gaps with lord pack,unit pack expectations and make timeline additions to keep us guessing.

Welp.

OP is a history faggot.

Np.
I expect it to surpass the Call of the Beastmen dlc in sales due to being elves and people love elves.

CA really fucked up by not just giving us Todbringer for single player and not making it so you could play as Todbringer or the Orcs in the One-Eye minicampaign

>hurr you can only play as one faction

The Secret War minicampaign will definitely be better but the only way to make it truly good is if they let us play as more than one faction, to either win the Secret War for the beastmemes or the welves

You'll only get half the Wood Elf roster, though.

There's a lot of charlemagnes in that roster.

I own both armies so I'm fine with either

If I had to guess they'll probably leave out a lot of the treekin units from the Welves roster

But how can you own something that doesn't exist?

history and fantasy in magnificent union

>the world unites against Chaos

Please. In harder difficulties the AI will send doomstack after doomstack against you. And they WILL search for you to the ends of the choas wastes, they WILL find you through the fog of war and they WILL make your campaign a living hell. And thats before big birb even shows up (I dont get why that was necessary). Chaos is literally unplayable without horde growth and lightning stike, and thats a shame since it could be so much more. Also norsca is way larger than it should be and even if you awake all the tribes it feels rather meaningless.

As long as they fix the damsels face, buff the grail knights a bit and add some more units im good (not radious tier though please)

This won't be a problem if they fix the underlying problems with how chaos currently works with the norscan tribes being useless morons and chaos being more or less limited to 3 full stacks

I say that Chaos should get boosts to its income based on how many cities it has razed, as the dark gods give you more favor as you do their will

That would fix income problems which limit your total armies

>fix the damsels face

All those necbeards wanting Elf waifus better prepare themselves for manfaces

God no

Also the Damsel just looks old for some reason (and what a woman looks like with no make up)

I think since they are a horde faction they should get a population boost everytime they raid a province or raze a city depending on the size and corruption levels. That would make kind of sense since all the cultists and maybe survivors would want to join you after you showed them the power of chaos and that you carry the favor of the gods (bird can go fuck himself)

Attilas priestess was kinda cute with her wolf pelt, and at least looked liked like a woman. Vampires also look good. Damsels look like a paladin in drag. I dont give a shit about waifus but this is just bad.

the males look like girls desu

>Greenskin legendary campaign is basically autoresolve: the campaign

>Greenskin campaign is basically autoresolve: the campaign

ftfy

The waaghs and bray-herd are too powerful desu

DELETE THIS

this fucker looks like Tim Allen

Do they use dragons in their armies?

Yes, Ulthuan is home to the dragons and they have 3 varieties Sun, Moon and Star dragons. They also have a lot of flying units like a chariot pulled by eagles. Wood elves use mostly tree spirits and ride eagles. (i think they have a type of green dragon but im not sure)

>Tileans
>taking pride in their Tilean identity before their city identity

Genevieve Dieudonné legendary hero when?

t. anarchist

Not as a standard unit, the would-be "dragon princes" of old, now ride decorated horses, dragons are few in number

Still, most of the remaining dragons sleep in the High Elf continents, and powerful leaders, heroes and mages can awaken them, tame them and ride them to battle

>using reddit words
Fuck sake.

Anyone had any experience sorting out the Europa Barbarorum campaign map lag?

I want to be dominated by a best elf!

> Tomb Kings still not announced

>tfw my girlfriend likes to wear elven gear in bed and won't play TWWH until at least one elf faction is released.
>mfw she bought a black leather bikini,whip and strap on.

Girls and elves...Girl elves. They make you do things you thought you'd never do.

what is your game tier-list /twg/?

1.- Total War: Rome

>girlfriend likes elves
Shit taste, better dump her quick.

I just can't put them in order but my favourites are probably:
DMC series
TW: Shogun 2, Attila, Warhammer, Rome 2
The Witcher
Guilty Gear series
BlazBlue series
Battlefield 2 and 2142

Stuff like Mount and Blade, Dawn of War, Company of Heroes are up there too

Charlemagnes has also been a /twg/ meme staple.

What is happening in this loading screen? Did they miss the Terrorgheist?

Unless they make new skeletons for elves, which would be nice, there are really only 3 or so new skeletons necessary, unless I am missing something. Dryads, Tree Kin, Eagles, and Tree Men. New animations for a lot of units probably, but thats really it.

Glad you asked friend

OFFICIAL /TWG/ TOTAL WAR GAMES POWER RANKINGS* (As of September 13th, 2016) (Stand alone titles only) (All patches and mods taken into consideration)

1. Medieval 2 & Kingdoms
2. Napoleon
3. Shogun 2 FotS
4. Shogun 2
5. Attila
6. Rome 1 and BI
7. Empire
8. Rome 2
9. Warhammer
10. Rome Alexander

*All rankings are final, any post of power rankings that follow this official list should be deemed unofficial and not representative of /twg/ and its community

RIP Rudiger. He died as he lived; hating manlets.

I haven't seen this meme for a long time.

They just think its another one of those bats is all, which it is so don't bother trying to stab it or anything cause its just a harmless bat.

Tasty tasty memes.

>that meme vampire army comp
>Dawi-hater
>Gotrek Furrowbrow's deployed number
This image is a goldmine of mild chuckles

>Playing VC
>Just finishing off Templehof
>Stirland moves in and conquers Fort Oberstyre before me
>I want complete control of Western Sylvania, yet I want to expand north and not go to war with the western human factions yet

wat do /twg/?

Just restart. You're like 5 turns in.

wew I almost agreed completely But warhammer and and Rome 2 (Emperor Edition) should be higher than broken Empire. Although Empire was ambitious

See if the dwarfs declare war on Stirland. Then you can let them raze the city, colonize it, and then kick shorty ass to make Stirland like you.

How did you manage to lose so many dwarfs, you complete shitter?