/domg/ - Dominions General

No One Could Have Foreseen This Edition

Previous Pankoman Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.

The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 2800 units, 800 spells and 300 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.

It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.

Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a war game.

>Steamgroup
Join the steamgroup for multiplayer
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our work-in-progress wiki
dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Dominions_4_Wiki

>Our pastebin
pastebin.com/uTZnjYwm

>Dom4 Manual
jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

>Dom4 Inspector
This is a community resource that has every unit, spell, and item in the game in an accessible database.
larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

>Play by email guide:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

>Debug Mod:
For testing battle formations and spells
dom4archive.kermodebear.org/www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/debug-mod.html

>Where do I get it?
It is available on Gamersgate and Steam. Desura is kill.

>THE BASICS
>Read the manual
>Read the wiki
>Read the pastebin
>Watch some LPs by Maerlande or NuclearMonkee
>Jump into MP feet first
>Do not bully Elves

Submit completed games here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/1jHX_ZoJi6zIvDq6ANdp-W1Y89W5_fmShuDyHmAj5qC4/viewform

Results Here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlrvyEqLFYIaXRc49TheMmfdoP8jEh1m5rZJHJAzDWQ/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

llamaserver.net/doAdminAction.cgi?game=WorldPeace&action=showstales
llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=NEETONLY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The cutest OP in a long time.

Reminder

Bumping for diplomacy.

Anime is for bully

5th for cropped image

Game: WorldPeace
Turn number 1
Next turn due: 20:02 GMT on Tuesday September 13th

Agartha 2h file received
Shinuyama 2h file received
Ashdod 2h file received
Man 2h file received
Nazca 2h file received
Pangaea Waiting for 2h file
Pelagia 2h file received
Vanarus 2h file received
Sceleria 2h file received
T'ien Ch'i Waiting for 2h file

Last updated at 19:43 GMT on Tuesday September 13th
Current time: 19:43 GMT

Tritons are not for bully.

I won't go into your cap ring, but I'm going to need the remaining indie provinces between us, since I'm cut off in other directions.

My scouting isn't as flier as yours, i'll need some extra info. What province? You can use the map name instead of the number.

Steamchat?

I'm going to need to get off my phone and open the game. Later, sorry.

Says it right there, Pelagia attacked me.

Don't try to spin this into something it isn't.

Honest question here, why would he attack you now? Is he tired of sucking on your slimy mindblasting dick and realized he was next on the UW removal list anyway?

>Were this the results of a clever bait placed by the capricorns? Pure misjudgement and lack of co-ordination from both sides? Or were the squids planning on enslaving the noble pearl knights all along?
My wild guess is that they attacked the same province.

llamaserver.net/doAdminAction.cgi?game=WorldPeace&action=showstales

Off to a good start

WAKE ME UP

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=NEETONLY

16 hr turncycle

I'll join tomorrow morning.

I'll take subs for Pan and TC if anyone is willing.

How good is Phantasmal Attack?

Who the fuck would want to sub from turn 2 for an obvious greifer with a probably intentionally shit build?

Just restart the game with -2 players. I'm surprised you haven't already.

>I want to join a game about taking turns immediately
>I'll do it tomorrow

Don't yell at me

Any new games recruiting?

Will a global that's cast by a twiceborned mage stay up if the mage dies and returns as a wight? Anyone know?

FINALLY a game without scrubs and stalers. Not that it's the wagecuck's fault, they simply don't have the free time to git gud.

>Nations joined so far:
>None

Good luck with that.

>

reminder from the past thread that Latus 3 is dead in the water

Time for Latus 4? Latus 3 can end like Latus 1 did.

Quality, not quantity my friend. Cheers to a gentleman NEET's match.

Pretty terrible, it'll beat a few points of PD at most. Which is probably for the best, given how good air magic is otherwise.

Stop trying to get people to go AI Bogarus you stupid faggot, Llama has been emailed and he'll fix the .dm so he doesn't get any more 10g elephants.

What's some good air magic tricks besides T-strikes?

Most of the spells that launch an attack are useless unless you target undefended provinces with very low PD, or cast the spell a lot of times in the same turn (since all the attacks will combine in one big attack).

IMO their best use is to harrass an enemy player when you don't have any viable options for raiding the regular way, or to cut off retreat options just before a big battle.

Fog Warriors, Mass Flight, Storm (to shut down enemy flight), Air Elementals. You can also mess up precision with Storm + Mist but after that is starts to become pretty niche.

Chat died, everyone rejoin chat.

And for rituals you have Cloud Trapeze, Seeking Arrow, Perpetual Storm and Dark Skies. Then there's a slew of valuable crosspath spells, and forging Winged Shoes can be pretty useful.

Fog Warriors and Mass Flight can be outright gamewinning. if the opponent doesn't have an answer to them.

Storm is great against nations that like to use archers, and also impairs nations that rely on evocations (especially fireballs). On the flipside, Wind Guide is great to support your own archers and/or mages.

Wrathful Skies is a decent battlefield damage spell, especially if you combine it with Storm. Just make sure your own troops are protected against lightning or you're going to have a bad time.

Arrow Fend shuts down archer- (or crossbow-)dependent nations entirely.

Perpetual Storm shuts down flying nations, though Caelum has some pretty good storm-immune units so it's mostly an anti-Bat spell.

Cloud Trapeze can be amazing if used right, especially for thugs/SCs.

Air Elementals are pretty great too.

For items, Barrel of air, Bow of War, Eye of Aiming, Owl Quill, Staff of Storms, Wall Shaker, Winged Shoes, and some crosspath stuff like Robe of the Magi, Stall of Elemental Mastery, and Rainbow Armor are all pretty useful.

Rus went full AI. Cheers! Let's prise the wise Malakal's guidance in that crusade against untermenshen hordes!

Mirrors of False Impressions are great.

"Sure - done! :)

Cheers,

llama"

>turn 50 19:18
>turn 51 23:07

Holy shit Sparkly Thrones is going blazing fast.

What are viable ways to utilize the fire/water/earth and astral magic you get with MA Arco? Mass communions and drop crazy evo spells?

What should barebones expansion parties look like? Chariots/elephants with cardaces/hoplites as chaff to soak up arrows?

He what?

He had his cap, hundreds of units, a lot of mages and land left. Wew what a shitter.

It depends
Usually elephants

Expansion with elephants and peltasts/hypaspists (depending on the available resources) is fine. Look up Nuclearmonkee's video on how to expand with tramplers.

Mystics communions dropping evos are Arco's bread and butter, but you can also cast buffs (F2s with Phoenix Power can cast Flaming Arrows and buff your Slingers, E2 after Summon Earthpower is enough for Strength of Giants/Legions of Steel/Marble Warriors, W2s can cast Quickening etc.) or drop big astral spells with Astrologers (e.g. Will of the Fates, Doom). Elemental diversity gives you solid forging for all your path-boosting or thugging (Golems) needs. And obviously, you can mind hunt like crazy thanks to amazing healers and easy access to all non-artifact penetration boosters.

Is AI mictlan just completely incapable of blood sacrificing or something?

>Is AI just completely incapable
Yes

Or just spam cascades and gifts

A shitter, indeed.
I would like to ask Admin to make intervals larger. I can not wrap my thoughs around that game that fast anymore.

Wtf I was the one that suggested everyone fucks his ass

Sorry forgot my name

So... uh... Are you here already?

Well you have fun playing with a swole Ragha even if they fix it, considering they will roll over Bogarus on the blood plane

RoS is op

Guess all those air gems spent on cloud trapezing 30+ sages onto my lands to just summon air elemetals and then die one turn after went to waste huh.

I agree, friend skeleton.

Yeah whatever mr bones.

Defensive turn is OP

Why do you guys call Ilwinter "ilfraud"? They seem pretty based to me

You clearly need to spend more time on Veeky Forums

He'll get fucked by the upkeep.

Because of all the promised features they never implemented and the shitty overpriced DLC they keep pushing.

I'm at work. Sorry for not being a NEET steamshitters like yourself

How har is it to play early age Mictlan? What pretender build should I use?

MA is easiest to play but also the weakest version.

EA and LA are a bit tricky if you're new, because they rely heavily on being able to manage an efficient blood economy and they have a dying dominion so your candles won't spread easily.

How aggressive do you want to be?
The more aggressive you want to get, the more blesses you get.
Trash scales triple bless (w9n9b9) - You are full hitler and constantly pumping out jag warriors/ozelotls. War from turn 6-8 forever.

Decent scales, double bless (W9N9? N9B9?) - You still want to kill someone early-ish, but your scales are'nt as trashed. Less oomph on your ozelotls/jags.

Single bless , good scales - Your sacreds are still good, but you will be leaning more on your mages with this build. (W9 I think is best).

I'd go for double/triple bless, if playing Mictlan go all the way with the blesses.

>not a quadbless in which you are basically a murdermachine aiming to find and kill someone as early as humanly possible

Scrub.

Plot twist: that someone is yourself because you won't have enough dominion points to recruit a sizeable amount of sacreds and your combat potency is actually crap as a result.

>someone (singular)
Sounds about right

Quadbless is better after the pretender change, but 4 sacreds/turn and no scales is not really a good idea.

It is however the PERFECT meme build.

It's 00:33 here, senpai.

And you aren't even that guy anyway.

But with a quadbless they will be the MOST ELITE POSSIBLE.
Also if you are fucking insane you actually can get a quadbless and 6 dominion. Just tested it out. Had 29 points left too.

Mictlan is easy as hell. Just make sure you start blood saccing immediately and blood hunting soon. Take a double bless to start, one offensive and one defensive(water/nature/earth and fire/blood/death), and go wild on fast expansion, then rushing whoever looks weak. Be prepared to get ganged up on outside of single player, though.

I like quadbless because it lets me kill off another player who worked hours on his pretender and was super hyped for the game. Then I go AI.

YOU'RE easy as hell, slut.

This.

>try to get into dom4
>your options to play the game are:
>1.take a single turn only once per day and watch as people stale and quit which ruins the game
>2.have to spend 10+ hours straight sitting at your computer
>3. play boring ass single player with shit ai and no diplomacy

That's unfair, most of the people don't stale. Just join 2-3 games and enjoy the flood of turns comming out every day.

Also there is that new NEETONLY game which promises a really fast pace.

>2-3 games
Once GrandestMemery starts-
>implying it'll ever start
-i'll be in 13. I am addicted to PBEM. There is never enough turns in a day.

Wooooo weee that burd was sure happy he got his worm.

How about a triple bless build with a lesser bless?

Something like W9N9B9 and E4, the rest in dominion, scrap scales.

Would that work?

Take the 100 point human chassis. Take B9F9D9N9. 6 points of dominion. Imprisoned. Done.

It's a little bit too fucking late.

Being pointlessly mean is the name of the game, and friend, it's the only game in town.

Isn't that too offensive focused? Shouldn't I use W9 instead of either F9 or D9? I would be kind of counting on the endurance of my units if I would be restricted to spawning only 6 blessed per turn...

Hmm. I have made a terrible mistake. Turns out being aggressive and stupid is a bad idea when I do it. I just wanted to get into a fast war for once, looks like it'll be a fast loss.

Steam down?

>Turns out being aggressive and stupid is a bad idea when I do it.
No shit, you are supposed to be agressive and smart, dumbass!

Is this Kami-kaze? because if it is you it's pretty thematic.

M8

You're going triple fucking bless. You're already going full retard, don't start questioning it now.

Hilariously mean.
I like it.

>You're going triple fucking bless. You're already going full retard, don't start questioning it now.
Come on now, triple bless is nothing compared to the 4 bless meme build im making,,,

Ok, would 2 bless make me a deathmachine? Or am I gonna get wrecked just as badly as if I had 4 blesses?

1 bless is already good on a good sacred.
2 blesses is a death machine, yes.
It does depend on what blesses, though. If you aren't doing it for mages or sacred archers, stay away from Air.

Once i went quadbless archers. It was really fun and i destroyed 4 nations until Malakal stopped me and won the game.

W9 is an offensive bless, despite the +def. Quickness is a hell of a thing.

This said, you are never going to get sustained survivability out of sacreds that don't have Ex, even with the regen bless (although that does help). They win by killing fast. And they do kill VERY fast, but sufficiently large numbers of Enc0 buggers, fatigue warfare, some combination thereof? Fucks 'em up pretty good. This is especially true of W9, since that generates fatigue faster.

Once they're unconscious all you have for damage is Blood Vengeance, and that doesn't do shit for survivability against, say, Quagmire + Skelespam, in the style of C'tis.

Well I figured after 10 games of passive and smart I could mix it up a bit!

Nah actually.

Then are you Lambert?