/edg/+/scg/ - Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous #49

Welcome to the merged general of Elite: Dangerous and Star Citizen. Don't fucking reply to obvious bait.
Previous Thread:

POLLS CLOSED.
DELAYED SHIP TRANSFER WINS 70%-30%

Gamescom info:
community.elitedangerous.com/eventseason16
heise.de/newsticker/bilderstrecke/bilderstrecke_3298445.html?back=3298273
gamestar.hu/gamescom/elite-dangerous-horizons-2-2-guardians-update-gamescom-2016-frissites-ujdonsagok-215519.html
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos
robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15451-Gamescom-2016-Details
youtube.com/watch?v=GucYhhLwIxg

>Current Version: 2.5
Referral code randomize:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WNKNAuruiI1p5XGPjtVi_uwi8wPmuEYawOKQuhRXfdw/edit#gid=953337098
Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC and E:D to become playable.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2LtiHla1dNg
youtube.com/watch?v=rCyPCTvtpKM
pcgames.de/Star-Citizen-Spiel-3481/News/Riesige-3D-Metropole-im-Alpha-Code-entdeckt-1207601/
store.steampowered.com/steam_refunds/
lmgtfy.com/?q=Where to get the nearest MRI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

first for SQ42 delayed until 2017

How do I build my FAS? This thing is fragile as fuck.

what is the economic simulation in ED?

just spawning things at stations based on prosperity level?

Nth for Federation best superpower and alliance/empire can go fuck themselves

Systems have an economy, prices go up when lots of things are sold/bought and go down when left, states such as outbreak can raise or lower prices. Non of it really matters as it takes large amounts of players to even make a dent so it only happens in CGs where the important prices are manually set and everything resets back to normal really quickly.

I'm no fan of gimballed guns, due to the fact that chaff kills it, plus the seeker missiles are great for fire and forget if the fucker tries to play chicken

Post yfw
>Three
>Two
>One
>Engage

Anyone sane thinks it will be early 2017 at best

what if they make it early early access with half the game broken? kek

Getting back into ED

I remember last time I was in one of these threads, there was a flow graph of what ships to buy. I'm currently in a Type-6 for Trading, whats generally next ship I should go for?

>Star Citizen
not
>Turrets:The Game

Fellas I switched to the 1070 8GB from a 780 2GB a couple days ago and let me tell you... it makes a world of difference. It's a different game without the lag and shit.

So I'm new in Star Citizen and I've been fooling around with the 2.5 version and I have one question, where are the quests? I've read the patch notes and they say there are some quests somewhere, but I cannot seem to be able to get there.

Help a fellow newbie please.

>daddy what does yiff mean? this guy called plaxinov keeps whispering at me

AspX

>yfw you get interdicted just as you are charging your FSD to jump

same here except the PU is still unplayable

144hz monitor too btw

>hangs for 40 seconds

press f1 to view quests

go to ICC probe for quests

also being an outlaw or killing pirates gives you some more quests I think

>if it *winks* at you don't *wink* back

I just treat ED as Euro truck sim in space, I think you guys would be better off doing that too

His reddit meltdown was the most hilarious thing I've ever seen

Best ship.

inb4 avenger

Is it recent? He's Gluttony Fang on lebbit too?

REEEE SECTIONS EXPOSED TO SPACE

Link?

>I haven't played since v0.8 but I feel I know everything

life was so simple at 15

>Implying that ED is anywhere near as comfy as any of the truck simulators

Or that ED is even half as engaging when you're just supercruising and jumping for hours a day just to do one thing.

Cargo containers are fine for transporting through space. Protected by thick durasteel and protective against radiation and dust particles.

Reminder than building huge hulls around cargo is not cost effective and it's unnecessary.

best ship, indeed

Sidewinder radio helps

He was posting using The Code PR account, it was fairly recent but I can't remember what the actual name is.

Not got it saved, if you can find the code PR reddit account you'll find his melt-down

But it's not ETS in space.

It's Desert Bus in space, numbnuts!

youtube.com/watch?v=2LtiHla1dNg

A shitty radio station doesn't change the fact that I'm sitting through many loading screens before just going in a straight line through the bleak of space to land at a station and then repeating this.

I'm mad as fuck

oh... ohhhh!

thank you!

Reminder that faggots that fly Hull E's will be the first ones that get pirated/

I play it like Runescape, its something I stick on my second monitor while doing other things

Yeah i get that. I just find it relaxing, but then again i knew exactly what i went into and picked it up for cheap.

?

Turreting gets you killed.

>D's and E's flying around at launch

You're goddamn right I am. Why the fuck are you asking? I already said I was. Who asks such stupid questions?

>failed to communicate with server

Bravo, fucking A.

Can't these stupid cunts afford decent servers?

>Forum dads thinking LTI will save all their shit

that hasn't been the case for awhile

>D & E's
>being flyable anytime in the next decade

Yeah like I said, launch

But you ride the D all the time, user.

>Cargo in 3.0
>MISC ship pipeline set up

Literally no reason for them not to add Hull's in 3.0

CR specifically mentioned the Hull series to be the next line of ships to be implemented after 3.0 and, since the A/B and D/E are pretty much identical and they can reuse the MISC assets from the Freelancer and Starfarer, it shouldn't take too long.

I kinda like travelling in supercruise but I wish it was all realspace except for system jumps. As is the game doesn't feel like a consistent world but like a bunch of rpg battle backgrounds and a few villages with an overworld map.

I don't know why they didn't make it transitionless besides limitations of the programming. Then again there are games with solar systems to explore so there is no excuse.

I just want a game that makes playing pretend to be part of the world easier.

>drats you foiled my evil scheme, now let me monologue about my motives and how evil I am before challenging you to a duel and dying
Reminder that this is literally how the forumdads favourite elite book ends

Watch the Gamestar interview, CR said he "hopes" that the Hulls are going to be flight ready by this time next year.

>Hull's

Hull's what, user? What do they own?

>Dinner table cockpit as a style guide

pls no, would make the entire MISC line unflyable garbage

Not even that bad, a bit annoying yes, but atleast you don't have those struts anymore.

>those shitty wings
Why would they do that?

>Not even that bad

Is it a good idea to play star conflict with a HOTAS?

>As is the game doesn't feel like a consistent world but like a bunch of rpg battle backgrounds and a few villages with an overworld map.
Because sc instance literally is a fancier version of a world map. It's like "riding" around the wasteland in your Highwayman but in 3d.

>I don't know why they didn't make it transitionless besides limitations of the programming.
Cheap and easy P2P solution.

Sounds like we'll have all ships ready in no time

Star Conflict?
It's basically WoT in space user. So no.

You want a hornet cockpit on your fuel tanker? Get real famalam

I think he and I both want a cockpit, not a place to address knights of the realm

Yes, you don't need as much FOV as possible in a noncombat ship, but staring at space through a mail slot fucking sucks. They could have at least used all that empty space for something, but they didn't even manage to put all displays in front of the pilot.

You may not need it but you'd think you'd want to maximise FoV since they still need to dock and do manoeuvres.

If the seat was moved forward a bit I can agree, but giving it a giant glass canopy is stupid.

I used bi weave, and a couple hull reinforcments. Seemed okay pve wise.

If freelancer can have this, imagine what we could fit on starfarer cockpit panel..

Biweave and a shit tonne of HRPs. You can either play it hull tanky like that or just use it as a battering ram.

Nope. I still cant jump more than 2 or three times in open. Can go all day in solo. Wonder what korean grindfest is trying to tell me?

youtube.com/watch?v=rCyPCTvtpKM

>this guy

Is he one of us?

Looks like a good reason to use the turret. Hire a friend or NPC to fly and jump in the turret to enjoy the view. Has that nice bubble cockpit and everything.

What about the captain's chair?

Complete non-sequitur

huh, so that's why, in the Nyx preview we got, there were asteroids all over the place.

Delamar literally sits within an asteroid belt.
Surprised it's not constantly bombarded with shit.

You're the captain, not the pilot, you have to deal with the whole bridge and the people on it instead of just flying it.

Also

pcgames.de/Star-Citizen-Spiel-3481/News/Riesige-3D-Metropole-im-Alpha-Code-entdeckt-1207601/

terra when

fuck you why doesn't the Reliant have a horizontal fly mode.
Why tease the Kelvin look when the fly mode is vertical

The whole changing orientation thing is a total gimmick anyway.

You gain nothing, but become more vulnerable in the mode in the picture than you do otherwise.

God you faggots its flight mode is vertical it is just flying on its side, look at the damn seats.

I'm new to Elite Dangerous, anybody got a good getting started guide? The Steam ones I've seen are all pretty meh.

I love the concept of the game but it's clearly got a big learning curve.

it is vertical in the pic as well... it is just turning m8

>linking my post when I never actually said vertical or horizontal

no u

I got a good guide for you right here.

store.steampowered.com/steam_refunds/

but I like the game

That's what I thought too.
At first.

lmgtfy.com/?q=Where to get the nearest MRI

You may not have much time left

>but I like the game

t. dad

Just do courier missions and such in the system you start in and nearby systems until you get enough money to buy better ships. Keep doing that until you feel you can finally die.

why did you even buy this piece of crap
did you at least lurk the thread for 10 minutes?

You some kind of autismic dad?

So, the newb here,

I picked up a hornet because it just let me, and I don't know if it was me handling it badly, not knowing how to route the energy correctly... but it moved fucking slow, it took me about 15 mins to reach the coordinates for the ICC probe scan mission, the speed seemed constant at 50 no matter what I did, boost or not, and I saw several ships just flying (to get to the station in the asteroid I think) past me like well, really fast.

Is just that the ship is that slow? or am I doing something wrong?

Also two pirate ships just kicked my ass like I was nothing.

I know I had the landing system deactivated.

Any advice?

>Dr. Braben, I'm SDC.

Buy a better ship. And a HOTAS, the most expensive one you can find.

Try turning on combat speed you inbred.

Turning off landing mode doesn't turn off precision mode, which is capped at 50m/s.