/xivg/ - Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward General

>Patch 3.4 Preview
forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/303044-Letter-from-the-Producer-LIVE-Part-XXXI-Update-Thread

>Patch 3.38 notes
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/e4b6631397ff961d32d63a6a5b275bb2bbd2382d

>Youkai Watch x FFXIV Event. (July 26th-October 3rd)
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2016/youkai-watch/

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells:
pastebin.com/raw/p88PqskL

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/linkshell/25614222880749781/
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/linkshell/17732923532821036/
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/linkshell/25614222880749845/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

1st for being balls deep inside a trap is less gay than inside a grown man

1st for noone is safe

Holy shit, I forgot about that.
My old Elezen's even on there.

hello

>ywn be someone's lala gf (male)

Post cute Miqote tails!

Xth for succ

FUCK YOU

>tfw no friends to recruit

Popular opinion just called, when are you going to be fucking off?

I've actually been wanting to make a post about things I'd like to see added to the game.

He seems to want to play it really safe and not change too much, so with that in mind, something I'd personally like to see is PS3 support dropped, zone lines abolished bringing us back to a seamless open world, and an expansion upon dungeons within the game's world space.

For example, all of the dungeons that you can queue up for in duty finder currently should also exist openly within the game's world. They should be populated by enemies that are at the maximum level and could possibly operate in a similar fashion to how FATEs do. Maybe have each dungeon be up once a week, or once every few days, or maybe once every day? Notify it's populated with enemies with a map marker similar to FATEs. Rewards should be more exciting than just currency though. Perhaps have treasure coffers randomly throughout the dungeons, and the dungeons themselves should be the size of the entire dungeon, not just the normal mode or the hard mode separately.

In addition to that, they should do something similar with beastmen strongholds. U'ghamaro Mines should be expanded upon, as well as all the others like Sylphlands, Zahar'ak, etc. At the "core" of the strongholds should be a place that looks like the arena you typically fight the primal in through duty finder, except there should be a way for players to summon the primal to fight. These versions should be the hardest versions of those fights and require a large amount of players similar to the Odin and Behemoth FATEs. They should have mechanics that go even further beyond what is found in the extreme versions of the fights.

Through doing this they can make the game's world more interesting without having to take away from the "safe" design they have for zones currently, where normal enemies don't pose much of a threat.

Post males

Never, get got bitchboy

Males relaxing!

Boop

...Why

>tfw webbed...

so epic ironic etc

I appreciate your attempts to spice things up but you're just an idea guy without any idea whether or not any of this is possible or conducive to the playerbase.

>textfucks men
>calling anyone a bitchboy

Hope everyone is having an amazing day.

Male ra art tends to be pretty grat

List things you love/hate about Amber

Going to obtain details on all ebins and look for patterns

I know. :c

It's just something I've been thinking about lately, though I've been asking for open world versions of the dungeons since ARR.

Love: nothing
Hate: everything

Mafu/Laika cutest otp

Go cut an artery and bleed out this time fish face.

Guffy post

the problem is he's been playing it safe for 3 years. he needs to be a real man and fix this stupid damn game

>Shito with the neo-neo-ebin squad
Go fucking figure.

No I hate you now

You people sure do assume a lot on who's making these posts.
Spoiler:You are wrong.

They asked me if I wanted to help with a quick T13 run.

And Nyeko was there.

That's harsh...

disgusting

C o m f y

And to you as well.

Fuck those problems. Put in a Report option alongside a real housing system. Housing is one big fat meme.

>fix this stupid damn game
list specific things that need fixing and explain how you would handle them in at least some detail

SE is so unbelievably fucked if 3.5 ends up having to get stretched for 5 months the way that 2.5 did.

Incidentally, did anyone catch that they stopped talking about how well FFXIV was doing in their latest financial report (after mentioning it in every one since ARR's launch)?

>male
uhh delet???

soft...
warm....
catpits...

True

Regardless it's still just some retard. No actual intelligent person wishes death upon someone for their own problems. "B-But they poop in a box." This affects you... how?

dumb. i'm not a god damn game developer. why are you asking some autistic guy who plays japanese video games? are you yoshi himself?

Any reason to not main MCH? Kinda bored of the tank game. I mean i230 is probably enough to do any content outside the very Savage but I don't give a fuck about that.

The only not anonymous post on the matter. What a fucking cunt, lmao. Report.

eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/linkshell/25614222880749781/

What is the meaning of this? Why are you ruining a pure soul

so you have no ideas whatsoever and therefore nothing to contribute to a conversation

gotcha

When they post it for attention on my video game imageboard it affects me, he should off himself

Summoning video games

' w ' ;;

nobody asked for your contribution, psychopath

put on a trip

no shit, it's Veeky Forums. we're all here to talk shit and get away with it, not to have a ""proper discussion"" like reddit does.

Anytime someone suggests something on here or the forums its always "Fuck off youre just an idea guy not a game dev" like you need to know programming to understand what people typically enjoy in their MMOs.

>eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/linkshell/25614222880749781/
post linkshells

na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/linkshell/17732923532821036/

na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/linkshell/25614222880749845/

i want to kiss amber!

WHERE IS HARK

Any idea if the eso gear will be added to the job quests once 3.4 makes eso's obsolete?

See you are a retard

>wants video games
>posts in the clique op with no actual useful information
>people that force it don't even update it

Im serious

I've actually been wanting to make a post about things I'd like to see added to the game.

He seems to want to play it really safe and not change too much, so with that in mind, something I'd personally like to see is PS3 support dropped, zone lines abolished bringing us back to a seamless open world, and an expansion upon dungeons within the game's world space.

For example, all of the dungeons that you can queue up for in duty finder currently should also exist openly within the game's world. They should be populated by enemies that are at the maximum level and could possibly operate in a similar fashion to how FATEs do. Maybe have each dungeon be up once a week, or once every few days, or maybe once every day? Notify it's populated with enemies with a map marker similar to FATEs. Rewards should be more exciting than just currency though. Perhaps have treasure coffers randomly throughout the dungeons, and the dungeons themselves should be the size of the entire dungeon, not just the normal mode or the hard mode separately.

In addition to that, they should do something similar with beastmen strongholds. U'ghamaro Mines should be expanded upon, as well as all the others like Sylphlands, Zahar'ak, etc. At the "core" of the strongholds should be a place that looks like the arena you typically fight the primal in through duty finder, except there should be a way for players to summon the primal to fight. These versions should be the hardest versions of those fights and require a large amount of players similar to the Odin and Behemoth FATEs. They should have mechanics that go even further beyond what is found in the extreme versions of the fights.

Through doing this they can make the game's world more interesting without having to take away from the "safe" design they have for zones currently, where normal enemies don't pose much of a threat.

people wanted lord of verminion. people still want "free company primal summoning" to be a thing.

people think they want a lot of things, it doesn't mean they're actually good ideas.

Yeah because suddenly changing the OP is going to magically cause people to discuss the game. It surely isnt because you arent just salty that people are happy and social that disagree with you.

>waaaaaaahh someone talked about the game!!

Video Games the player, not video games the entertainment medium

LoV would have been good if a report button existed. They need to add expected shit that makes an MMO safe first before adding content.

' w ' ;;;;

My friend it's just a chat linkshell.

There's a difference between saying that anyone without 5-7 years experience as senior design lead of a major MMORPG should fuck off, and expecting someone to have at least a vaguely plausible idea of how and why their dream video game idea would actually work and justify the resources spent developing and implementing it.

I have no problem with idea guys if they're suggestions are well structured and they have some evidence or backing to suggest that the public would like it or wanted it. The problem is that you guys post all this on here where nobody sees it. It doesn't matter if you get downboats or not. Just make it apparent that you want change.

server/marital status/sexual preference, if you would

>all three have the same hair color
>similar skin color
Creepy

My fucking God, Velvet is going all out today

>people out there trust anyone from Veeky Forums with their real photos

retards.

LoV would have been good if they just made it Pokemon Lite and not a shitty RTS but then it wouldn't have been called Lord of Verminion, would it?

Pokemon is bad, though. Don't tell me people still play that game.

stop that

Well, Gorilla is permabanned on ffxiv forums. If this website had mods, it would be banned too.

See, the only way this game will get better is if you stop playing it and giving the developers money. It sends them the signal that you like what they're doing. They will only change things up and try something new if they aren't making money, like what happened to the original FF14.

I know that it sucks to 'lose out' on all of the time you've spent in progressing your character, but there are other games you could play with the kind of content that you want.

I feel pretty bummed out about the whole thing because I've done a lot personally to try to make ffxiv exciting again, even tried changing servers and meeting up with some people, but it just hasn't worked out. I have a lot of attachment to the game, I met some good people there, I met the love of my life there, I love my character and I love the lore and the world, but after 2 years of playing the game with very little change between then and now I just need to put it away for a while, until they come up with something to make it fresh and fun again.

You'd be banned too chemo.

People always say theres a risk of getting banned on there but im convinced the people who get banned were completely out of touch with what is socially acceptable.

Annie are you ook-ay

How do raiders get motivated? I'm interested in 3.4 raids but how do you guys stick to it? All the gear and items don't seem very rewarding.

people wanted a throwaway minion battle minigame. extremely simplified pokemon monster battles would have taken far fewer development resources and probably would have seen more attention.

the idea of just throwing out a couple minions you like for pick up and play battles and 'leveling up' your minions would have at least been an acceptable distraction.

lord of verminion failed because it isn't even fun, and it's more of a chore to play.

Post tits

validation

I worry for my friend and I dont want them to be hurt or tricked or become a meme. If you do something ill never forgive you.

it's really all about the challenge, the fights are all fun and well designed and being able to clear them with a group that you like to play with is one of the reasons i love this game

>Changes to Face targeting System
>In relation to the auto-attack system changes, face targeting will also be adjusted. It will become inaccessible while moving, and can only be used when standing still. With this change, for casters, your character will face the direction of the target's current position and follow the direction automatically. However, please note that there may be times when this won't happen correctly due to server communication.
>We would like to point out that until now, some mechanics required players to stand still or face away from the target to dodge specific mechanics; however, because auto-attack will be active regardless of which direction you're facing, PLAYERS WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SIMPLY TURN AROUND TO DODGE. Rest assured, you can still sheathe your weapon, or cancel targeting to dodge these mechanics.

This seems like it's going to create more problems then it solves.

Look who the leader is my man, I didn't do shit.

Cactuar/employed/business

he's my retainer

Best Elezen

Pretty good looking Hyur

Let's ride off into the sunset together on our birds

you bet the chimp is out of touch with what's socially acceptable

LoV would have been good if it had been released in 2.1 or 2.2 when the game had enough content that people were actually satisfied with playing the game, and would have thought it was awesome to have such a fleshed-out little minigame you could play if you wanted a break from the actual game itself.

Given the state of the game by the time 3.1 released, it was basically a slap in the face to anyone who had bothered to keep paying a subscription.

Feels pretty good when you work hard at something and beat it, especially if you're friends with your crew. It's a challenge that's not really present in any other part of the game. People who do it only for the items tend to burn out or bounce from group to group. I'm not even good at the game, like I'm a straight blue number shitter who's never cleared a tier since I started playing, but I like to challenge myself and improve so I keep working at it.