Who makes the best new truck?

Who makes the best new truck?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.chevrolet.com/colorado-small-truck.html?ppc=GOOGLE_700000001291955_71700000013689738_58700001099063721_p9963997048&gclid=CPKi0o7LgM4CFYOXvAodq6gFBw&gclsrc=aw.ds#.V46rGtkayc0
m.chevrolet.com/silverado-1500-pickup-truck.html#.V46q9dkayc0
youtube.com/watch?v=BTm2F4ysQrE
youtube.com/watch?v=2fVSdA1rYKE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Ram

Honda

Ford

Mitsubishi

Usually, it's just the newest generation. Last year it was Chevy, this year it's Ferd, next year it might be Dodge if they release that new generation.

However, there is no objectively bad new truck. Pick the brand image you like the most, and pick that.

Chebby

They're essentially identical performance/quality wise when new to 5 yeara old. The GM twins will win out for poorfags like us in 10 years due to muh small block chevy and the retarded amount of parts support for the DIY guy. Ford cammer setups have never been easy to work on and Ram, well, the aftermarket for the HEMI is basically nonexistent even a decade later.

pic related

Your mom's pretty good at getting 5 large males from point a to point b for not a whole lot of money.

the colorado is an objective piece of shit

they arr same, but personally i'd pick ram because muh cummings

is that the newest hilux? damn it looks so ugly, is it even off road capable like the older gens?

As an 04 Canyon owner... i can't help but agree.

I really wanted to like it, i really did but... i can't. It's a nice car i suppose, not so much a truck. Also makes a good towing vehicle if you get a base model 2wd diesel but, they just cost too much for what they are.

Pretty much this. You really can't go wrong with any of them.

Not OP but also looking for a truck. I really want to buy a GMC / Chev because i know it's probably going to last longer but... Having driven both, i can't help but love the ram so much more.

Also can't stand the Chev / GMC square wheel arches.

anyone who takes old trucks and modernizes them rebranding and selling them as new

anything else is shit

id say Toyota

ive owned Nissan, Toyota, and GM pickups my whole life. Silverado/Sierra got to be a mess of rust/issues after 2006, Titan have always sucked, and Tacoma are meh compared to Hilux

the new Tacoma look good with a I4 and 4WD but i cant justify $30k for a base model im going to bash in the bush when i have my 1981 Hilux i paid $500 that does the same thing for less

Bullshit.
Dunno about the Canyon, by the Colorado is significantly cheaper than a similarly equipped 1/2 ton Silverado.
"Too expensive for what it is" is not a term that accurately describes it.

>Also can't stand the Chev / GMC square wheel arches.
boxy is the new sexy

Speed. Dodge > chevy > ford

Towing (by rated) chevy > dodge > ford

Best would be dodge because manual 6.7 diesel.

Milage (biggest gas engine) chevy > ford > dodge

m.chevrolet.com/colorado-small-truck.html?ppc=GOOGLE_700000001291955_71700000013689738_58700001099063721_p9963997048&gclid=CPKi0o7LgM4CFYOXvAodq6gFBw&gclsrc=aw.ds#.V46rGtkayc0
>$20,100
m.chevrolet.com/silverado-1500-pickup-truck.html#.V46q9dkayc0
>$27,095
I'd say it's appropriately priced for what it is.
>sage for samefagging

>speed
what?

It's not so much that i don't like them, it's more that i dislike how awful they look when lifted and with larger meat. Not just that, but it limits the size that you can go to without stupid lifts, and it just makes it impractical.

I'm the guy with the Canyon, and i enjoy off roading with it. Plan to do the same with any truck i buy, and some decent size tires are a must. The dodge can do it almost stock without rub issue, not the same for the chev's.

I suppose the problem with me is that i cross shop with used vehicles. I'd rather buy a 2015 Ram full sized for 25k than a brand new Colorado for 25k.

Ford makes the fastest truck. Nothing in class out accelerates the 2.7.

I'd get a GMC Canyon - Extended Cab, 2wd, 2.5L 4-cyl, 6-speed.

Maybe it's because i'm Canadian? Though i am comparing two different makers.

However, for about $1000 to $1500 more i'd far sooner the V8 ram. These are the two vehicles how i would equip them. Or rather, not even because i'd probably not get the WT for the colorado.

Either way, these are the comparisons that i was looking at when considering a new vehicle. Crew cab Canyon 4x4, base model comes to $32,275 Canadian, although i'd probably opt for the LT at almost $36k. Where as the V8 SXT Ram "extended cab" would be $33,290.

So, let me get this straight. Your biggest criticism of a Canyon is that it can't match the price point of the used car market.
Serious question, did you suffer oxygen supply issues as an infant?

Yes.

Also see

Inb4
>manual
>towing
There are actually people on here right now who think manuals are inappropriate for towing.

Also in case somebody wants to call out Crew Cab vs Quad Cab, the ram has very comparable interior room compared to the "Crew Cab" chev. Rather, i'd say that it's better.

Canyon Crew Cab:
>REAR HIP ROOM 53.3 in.
>REAR HEAD ROOM 38.3 in.
>REAR LEG ROOM 35.8 in.
>REAR SHOULDER ROOM 56.2 in.

Ram Quad Cab:
>REAR HIP ROOM 62.9 in.
>REAR HEAD ROOM 39.7 in.
>REAR LEG ROOM 34.7 in.
>REAR SHOULDER ROOM 65.7 in.

Only place it falls short is leg room, by an inch.

You also realise you're comparing a 4x4 Colorado to a 2WD Ram right?

No?

Unless i'm too wasted to notice i missed something. Pretty sure it's set up for 4x4 quad cab SXT.

Touché. In that case the Ram is most definitely better value.

That's how i feel. This isn't something i've just come up with now, i've been looking at if for a while and am actually in the middle of being financed for it.

Unless there's something i'm missing, i really feel like the Dodge is the better deal. I think the SXT is comparable at least to the LT trim. And in the end you've got a V8 Hemi, full size truck, and a fucking incredibly comfortable ride.

Literally the only reason i even test drove the Colorado is because i own a Canyon (actually test drove the Canyon but... they're essentially the same).

I'd say Ford, but if I wanted to get a Truck today I'd get a Silver with the biggest engine and 8 speed auto.

I'd switch back to Ford when they come out with that 10 speed transmission.

ford is faster than dodge. It will out tow them too. and it will tow faster than both chevy and dodge.

and the hip and shoulder room, by almost 10 inches.

As much of a Chevy fan boy I am, the new Silverado feel small. I drove my uncles 2500hd, and I felt cramped in the front seat with it pushed all the way back. Same with a 2010 f150 (both crew cabs, and I'm a manlet at 5'6"). I love the Dodge looks and it seemed the roomiest; but that Chrysler reliability is a major turn off.

Modded dodges rape modded fords easily and with less money. Will tow better as well and the new rear axle and aisen combo is vastly superior to anything else offered in the 1 ton package.

Only people who think otherwise are the ones that watch youtube reviews and believe manufacturer performance numbers over real world driving.

7.3 Ford was the last decent engine they had and it still didn't beat the cummins at anything.

Chevy always Chevy so comfy

I think you misread what i'm trying to say.

I'm saying the Dodge room is far superior to the Chev's. Which is exactly what you were referencing.

It falls short on the shoulder room by negative 10 inches, and hip room by negative 10 inches. As in, it has an advantage of 10 inches more room in both areas.

Best all-around? I don't know.

Best for my desires? The Honda Ridgeline. I expect it to have the handling and NVH rating to be the best or closest to the best of any truck ever made.

I would want it if only it came in an EV, though.

I saw a review that said the Silverado rides the firmest compared to the F150 and the Ram 1500. I have never ridden in any of them, though.

I have a Volt and I describe the ride as, "firm".

>comparing modified cars
>conveniently ignores dodge gets raped stock vs stock
kys retard
Ford's F150 is faster than anything in class.

>Not posting the 70 series

You will be satisfied with whicever you pick. Some will have better towing than others, and others will have better mpg.

its mostly just depends on which one you like best. Personally, i like Dodge Ram simply because it has much nicer interior than the others.

my truck is best truck because......

It's already paid off and has no mechanical issues?

they all look exactly the fucking same

How did they get that truck there without getting literally any dirt on the body?

Muh aluminum.
I'd probably take a chevy if I need a fleet truck or a toyota for a personal truck.

youtube.com/watch?v=2fVSdA1rYKE
but I like my truck to be pull and peel.

They probably only drove it 2 or 3 meters off of the trailer then wiped it.

no.

>"high strength steel"
>gets a poor crash safety rating in small overlap crash testing
Enjoy getting your legs amputated.

enjoy spending 30% more to get parking lot dings fixed because aluminum

>damage control
Atleast I won't be crippled and have metal infused into my legs in a crash.

>ignore this practical concern and think about what might happen if your daughter is coming home in the opposite direction and slightly drifts from her lane.
Ford fans everybody! Ignoring practicality and thinking like women!

>autotragic
>offroad
Choose one

>a poor crash rating is acceptable for gm fans
>living to walk another day isn't practical
lmao

>being this illerate
That was clearly a frontal crash test, learn to read

>a broken leg will kill you
morons everyone!

and which one will be cheaper to repair?
Aluminum btfo!

>silverado buyers have to avoid frontal crashes or they get their legs amputated
How fucking stupid do you have to be to defend this piece of shit?
>"high strength steel"
>gm fangirls literally crippled after a 30 MPH crash
Meanwhile, you walk out of the F150 with only cuts and bruises.

YOU CAN'T REPAIR AMPUTATED LEGS!!!

>implying crippled for life
a few months with your leg in a cast isn't that bad to be honest. Slipped on some black ice 2 years ago and broke my leg. A nuisance for sure, but far from being permanantly crippled

wut. This isn't the 1960's were limbs are amputated constantly. Get off the internet Amish sir.

>1960's
1860's. meant to type 1860's

>be F150 owner
>get in 30 mph crash
>cuts and bruises

>be silverado owner
>get in 30 mph crash
>crippled for a minimum of months
You're defending a piece of shit.

ford>chevy

lol gm's marketing team is getting btfo

ford>chevy

Youre not crippled but your "cutting edge" aluminum beer can of a truck is totalled

>be Silverado owner
>get in 30 mph small overlap crash
>leg in a cast for a few months
>truck repaired at a decent price

>be F150 owner
>get in 30 mph crash
>cuts and bruises
>owner goes bankrupt paying to repair the all aluminum, easily damaged body

>built Ford tough
>thousands of $$$ to repair dents and holes caused because aluminum is easily damaged.

So is the Silverado, you stupid fuck.
>hospital bills don't exist
lol, if you have a passenger in the silverado they get their legs broken too

>buy chevy
>get legs broken
CAN'T MAKE THIS SHIT UP!!!

Physics doesn't work like that. You would only get A SINGLE broken leg (the left leg for driver, right leg for passenger depending on which side is hit) in a small overlap crash. in a moderate overlap, or a full frontal crash, you walk away with bruises at most.
>making up injuries that don't exist.

see
The Silverado is unsafe in any frontal collision.

>making up injuries
I haven't actually, why do you think it got a poor crash safety rating for legs in the first place.

>in a moderate frontal crash you walk away at bruises
Sure, if you're only going 15-25 mph. If you crash at the speeds they test these vehicles (35 MPH) you're going to the hospital.

>this much damage control for a piece of shit chevy
lol

>dumb cuck defending poor engineering
I wonder how much this cuck will be triggered when he finds out the F150 has best in class torque.

RAM, 400hp v8, and 3.92 posi available on low trim rcsb 2wd.

>automatic
Dropped.

nobody makes a m/t v8 1/2 ton anymore, full size truck manuals were never good anyways m8.

>nobody makes a m/t v8 1/2 ton anymore
It's a fucking shame.
>full size truck manuals were never good anyways m8.
If you didn't know how to drive, otherwise they were the gift from the gods themselves.

>full size truck manuals were never good anyways m8.
Kek

>tripfag thinks his opinion matters

>furfag
>ever mattering
Pick one.

Stay mad

>Not forcing user

Stay mentally ill

>being an attention whore
Not mentally ill.

have you ever driven one? I have driven everything from an old c10 chevy with a 3 on the tree to a ford sd diesel 6 speed. they are all heavy flywheel, long clunky throw boxes.that have all the enjoyment and feel of trying to touch both walls of your moms pussy at the same time. the only decent ones were old yotas with the w trans. and they were shit too.

>thinks animal abuse is okay
>not mentally ill
You can call shit gold all day but doesn't make it true.

>have you ever driven one?
Yes. It has it's benefits

You being around anything with a pulse is abuse.

>calling anyone else triggered when you go out of your way to justify being a degenerate faggot
You can't resist not posting. You're so much of a faggot that you have to reply.

>projecting this hard
lol

>ban evading

>15 minute """"ban"""" from a janny
>still this assmad
Stay mad, cuck

>buzzwords
You'd think you'd come up with something new by now. Then again, you're developmentally disabled, so the fact that you even know what airplane mode is or how to use it is astonishing.

>no! don't use my trigger words!!!!
Stay mad, cuck.

>calling anyone mad when you stay up all night every day shitposting about cars you can't afford
Life must suck when you're gay, black, poor, and retarded.