/hbg/ - Homebrew and hacking general

Last thread: →

/hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 11.0)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60 (Kernel)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel), 3.55 (Userland)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp
Games: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1124W4krFF5R-wd-P0ijVp1el2v_1M6mCeg5_EulXbo4
How to install VPK: pastebin.com/6Nd6qY2L

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.1 got released. Browserhax has been fixed. Most entrypoints SHOULD still work, but need to be adapted, and so does NTR CFW. Don't update yet unless you have a CFW installed.
-Install Menuhax ASAP if you're not already on CFW, because Nintendo can block Browserhax remotely without a workaround. twitter.com/smealum/status/758450605568372736
-You STILL can't downgrade, use CFW or install .cia files from 11.0 without a hardmod or hacked system transfer. github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade
-SD card access in DS mode is now available. ROM loading is still being worked on. gbatemp.net/threads/413015/

>Wii U
-IOSU allegedly happening, update to 5.5.1 recommended. twitter.com/Mathew_Wi/status/766504663826870272
-Enter 104.236.072.203 under DNS Settings to block updates. twitter.com/NWPlayer123/status/766486134356529152

>Vita
-Henkaku r6 enables GPU overclocking, increasing performance in some games.
-Maidump, a new tool for dumping games, provides better compatibility than Vitamin does.
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku.

>PS4
-A webkit exploit is available on firmware 3.55. github.com/Fire30/PS4-3.55-Code-Execution-PoC
-Game decryption (1.76, maybe 3.55 soon) playstationhax.it/forums/topic/3104-tutorial-how-to-bypass-pfs-protection-entirely/

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/411342/
strawpoll.me/11209871
gbatemp.net/threads/nds-forwarder-cias-for-your-home-menu.426174/
reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/52in2v/psa_new_system_update_out_do_not_update_until/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

use the adf . ly and add /1dwfpB

Any link for kancolle dump?

any news on the chinks?

Did they release 233.3 already?

without a hacked 2ds of the same region, there's no way to downgrade a 11.0 2ds besides hardmod?
I'm in the wrong continent right now

>233.3

where is 233.2?

Does anyone have a Tearaway vpk that actually fucking works? I tried installing like 2 or 3 from leddit and I got all errors.

Why isn't freeshop working anymore? Every game I try to install gives me a 'wrong title key' error.

/hbg/-chan, daisuki~

I haven't played any of the mainline SMT games except from the Devil Survivor series. I enjoyed both Devil Survivor 1 and 2. Will I also enjoy SMT4: Apocalypse? What's the difference between that and the original SMT4 that we already currently have?

SMT IV:A leak when

bump

Im melting

Its already leaked you faggot, undub fucking when REEEEEEEEEEEE?!!

Is the Vita save glitch sorted yet? I've already had it happen several times and it's really starting to get annoying, I only have to leave it alone for a few minutes for it to happen, not in sleep mode or anything.

If I want to upgrade my 3DS SD card to a bigger one can I just copy paste everything from the old card to the newer one?

Will it fuck up my sysNAND and emuNAND or anything?

As long as you're using a9hl you can just copypaste everything.

I hope you're trolling.

If you have EmuNAND (why the fuck do you still have EmuNAND), the process is a bit complex.

gbatemp.net/threads/411342/

What I'd recommend doing is setting up A9LH to replace whatever EmuNAND you've got, then it becomes as simple as copy-paste.

Its a different story with some mechanics updated. Just play 4 first and then apocalypse. I dont know why you haven't already if you are interested in apocalypse.

>bought a Vita to hack it
>3.61
Sad times. I guess I'll wind up leaving it in the box for a few years.

Vitafag here. I get an error when trying to uninstall uncharted. Installed it via .vpk, didnt really like it but now it's stuck on my memory card. Any way to delete it via shell?

What error?

Wow user I tried to delete it again and it worked now. Thank you for your meme magic, may kek be praised.

Umaru dump WHEN

same user with the uncharted, I tried starting any of the installed games, even vitashell, but now it's giving me the C1-6775-5 error. What did I fuck up?

Does anyone want to try something out for me?

I dumped my cartridge copy of PSO2. I just need someone to install that, then update it through the Live Area (9.9GB download, for the heads up). Then I'm going to upload a patched eboot.bin of the newest update and want you to replace it with the one in the patch dir (and replace the sys_modules with the ones from the decrypted cartridge, which I can reupload).

If this works, it might help me in my project, and could be an easier way for people to get PSO2.

With SMT 4:A, what does the save transfer from SMT 4 do? Also can you accomplish this with a save file from a .cia?

Can't install any of the DQ7 .cias running around, gives me unknown error 37, import failed.

Seeking help

FBI gives you this error? Also are all the .cia files you installed from 3dsiso?

i updated the firmware on emunand and now select won't do anything, did i fuck things up permanently or do i just have to wait for the gateway update?

Just attempted the DsiWare downgrade on a n3ds that i just bought. On the prompt to move the Dsiware to the system, it says that it does not recognize any Dsiware games on it despite moving fieldrunners at the start of the transfer. What do?

Questions in order of importance:
What CIA installer are you using?
Is it up to date
What CFW?
Emunand or A9LH?

BigBlueMenu, I installed every cia since the beginning without a single issue now I get this shit out of the blue.

And yes from 3dsiso, they are from legit uploaders too.

Move over to FBI, it's got a GUI now and is faster than BBM

You have to Henkaku every time you turn on your console.

Alright, thanks I'll do that

if I have a save on a vita cart, how do take the previous save used for the card and use it on a vpk installation?

strawpoll.me/11209871
strawpoll.me/11209871
strawpoll.me/11209871
strawpoll.me/11209871

taiko shit nigger weeb

can we play Golden abyss yet?

Anyone know how to get rid of that white fade transition that happens to Vita wallpapers in between switching screens? I have a custom theme going and it's kind of annoying to deal with.

Saw it on vitapiracy.com
Dumped, not working.

What do you have to do in order to transform a CIA game save into a Gateway game save?

SOON

where the one way heroics

Never mind figured it out.

>piratefags will never ever get god eater

I've been out of the loop for years, my old 3DS is on 4.5 and have GW, is CFW better? What do I do from here? Do I need a game cartridge to up the firmware or something?

That's a vita card though.
It's not very impressive connecting a vita card to a vita.

Trying to add nds forwarders, am using a R4i 3ds Gold and following this tutorial gbatemp.net/threads/nds-forwarder-cias-for-your-home-menu.426174/
>10. (DSTT/R4i Gold/R4i-SDHC/SC DSONE only) Name the .DAT to what you like. If you want the .DAT to be in a folder named I, put in I/ at the beginning of the filename.
I don't know how to get a .dat file or make a TID list.
I skipped the .dat file and got the .cia(s) and installed them succesfully, the forwarders show up in my 3ds' menu but they all launch to a white screen which then shows me an sd card and a folder icon in the lower screen.
What can I do? How do I get the .dat file?
Please help me I searched the thread for a bit but just don't get it.

Bump

are you serious?

Updated to 11.1 on a o3ds running a9lh+luma.
What do I have to do to make the Homebrew Launcher work again?

Universal-Inject-Generator isn't working right on Ubuntu 16.04
Anyone else had problems with it? I'm running a vanilla Ubuntu setup, usual shell (bash), libstdc++6 is installed etc

>Want to download demo of MonHun Generations
>11.1 update just came in
>I contantly hear advices to avoid update for now

;_;

About which part? it being impressive or a vita card?

you have to use enctitlekeys.bin, decrypted ones won't work.

The point he's making is that they figured out the i/o

>haven't touched 3DS for a year literally just waiting for DQVII
>it's finally here, have issue installing the shit
>panic, figure system update is needed
>update breaks my firmware and now am stuck with this shit for god knows how many days
3ds piracy was a mistake

guys, can anyone share a scewebkit module dump from 3.60 .. pls

If I install game from .cia file downloaded from 3dsio site, will I get banned or my Nintendo ID marked somehow?

If you updated in emunand you just have to copy the CFW files of Luma or whatever the most up to date version of your cfw of choice is.
If you're on A9LH you can probably do the same i haven't done it that way with mine yet, i only know you can copy the newer version over after an update on emunand from experience.

Yes. Nintendo is excellent software developer and didn't at all design no way of checking devices for tampered firmwares. They also didn't at all have the only anti piracy measure on their online service be checking for unique game codes that aren't mostly invalid with a few confirmed values like every serial key since fucking 1998
They're so smart you can't trick them.

And you guys said it was safe... ;_;

Good that I was too afraid to install any yet.

Do I need all of these?

If it aint broke dont clean it.

But my OCD is being triggered and I don't want the unnecessary shit on there

has anyone posted psycho ass yet?

Then delete files one by one until it doesn't work anymore, then replace that file and repeat until you only have necessary files.
This might break some things that arent needed for booting like those recovery things that show up when you hold x or y while booting but it should work.

Cold steel dlc anyone?

I don't have a CFW, I have to wait for GW's shitty update to unbreak the shit that's the issue

>I have to wait for GW's shitty update
>GW

Here is the source of problem.

buy a vita

If I download games via freeshop or CIAngel, it does download them straight from Nintendo Servers?

Can they trace my IP?

Best DRPG that's pirateable on Vita?

Dungeon Travelers 2
This game is massive, I've put over 20 hours in it over the last days and can't wait to play more.

As soon as they release the patch to unbreak my shit I think I'll move onto CFW. I was turned off by what I heard was a modding process consisting of several hours of random crashing and resetting so I never bothered.

>-RECENT NEWS-
>RECENT
Latest is the word

Are all 3DS consoles in stores at version 11 and above? I bought a N3DS XL and it was on 11.0.0.

Return it, I'm pretty sure you got very unlucky

Worst comes to worst get it online and before you buy ask specifically for firmware until someone replies to you

No, at the end of the guide the guy tells you what folders and files you need to keep. Stop speedreading, you might fuck up your 3DS.

Are any boxed vitas 3.61 or are they all safe? In case they aren't is there a way to tell which ones are safe, like a manufacture date in the box or something?

The galaxy N3DS is for sure, the other ones shouldn't be. I got the mario edition N3DS and it was on 10.?

They're all safe, pretty sure only the brand-new japanese models will be on 3.61.

Shiet, gonna buy me one right now then. Thanks my senpai.

Whats new in 11.1? Will pokemon need it? Is it safe to update a9lh? Has it never not been? Am i cancer?

HBG-CHAN DAISUKI!!!

Any 3ds hackers in this thread?

When I decrypt a cia, where are the music files stored? I want to replace the music in my copy of dq.

My own proces of downgrading and installing took 7 hours total and was very nervous for me. I was lucky enough to not have any partial downgrade, yet I must had launch homebrew launcher several times in later parts of the guide, as it was frequently freezing on color screen.

>plaintext
Holy fuck, Sony. No wonder the PSN got hacked so many times.

Hex edit

Check the first reply:
reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/52in2v/psa_new_system_update_out_do_not_update_until/
Yes, I know
>rebbit

It's safe.

Jokes aside, was that guy right or you tried to make fun of me?

Most 3ds games use a known format like .bstm. Look for this kind of file.

Keep your eyes open.
It shouldn't take actually years for an exploit.

was being sarcastic, those are actually errors that Nintendo made that really allow you to play online with hacked shit with no repercussions.

0xD8E08025 Level: Permanent (27) Summary: Invalid argument (7) Module: AM (32) Desc: Invalid NCCH (37)

One error after another.

But I dont really want to play online, I just want to try games locally and dont know, if my NID would get marked for installing game from .cia file.

I have my NID still linked from before a9lh, you see.