I am looking to buy a used honda.. I would like to know how many miles should I look for and what year...

I am looking to buy a used honda.. I would like to know how many miles should I look for and what year.. I only have a few grand.

Bump

You see Veeky Forums? This is why your FWD pieces of shit will never be sports cars. STOP SHILLING FWD GARBAGE.

They are A to B econoboxes for people who need a first car and thats it

Hey pal. I'm here to help. How much money do you have to spend? Why do you want a Honda? Can you drive automatic or manual only?

Okay

I need a cheap reliable first car.. i have 2500

Bump

you should be looking for a corolla

Dont make that car a meme, I have one.

Y

neat
corolla is less gay and more radical

>fwd 2600 pound 115hp on a good day

Wow genius. Idiot

still better than a honda!
or OP can go with the even lighter (2300lbs) and more practical 4 door.

Cleanest em2 you can find in your price range

Quick enough around town and surprisingly tossable with good tires.

But a base civic makes more power at a lighter weight...
did you just admit the ae92 is worse than a base corolla...

>OP pictured a 7th gen civic
>2,432 to 2,782 lbs
>115HP
kek

>buying used

>did you just admit the ae92 is worse than a base corolla...
technically it is...
The best one in the US was the Corolla FX16
twas the lightest and most HP

>2600 pounds is heavy
Will Veeky Forums ever realize that weight goes into things like chassis stiffness? I mean the integra type r was also in that weight range. Most cars are unless you want a floppy chassis.

Fuck me you guys can be retarded

is a 1987 mitsubishi starion a good first car
what about 1989 240sx?

do you like having broken things that are slower than a corolla?

There are questions that need to be answered first.
Manual or automatic?
The Honda Civic's automatic transmissions are known to be extremely problematic and there have been recalls on them, which still don't fix the issue.
The manuals are bulletproof and almost never fail.

As to years to look for, I say 2001-2005. Easily within your budget. Try to find an EX model or an SI model if you can. Make sure the timing belt was changed. IIRC, it has to be changed every 60,000 miles. The EX model had the most options and came with a 127 HP 1.7L engine. The Si model was the performance model. It came only as a hatchback (all other Civics were 2 door coupe or 4 door sedan) and came only with a 160 HP 2.0L engine. The Si model tend to be overpriced because "Muh EP3" but if you can find a decent one under 2.5k, grab it. Si models were also manual only. No automatic was available.

EX models made 127 HP with their Vtec 1.7L D17. And that's still lightweight compared to 99% of today's cars. Fuck off.

no and no. The Mitsubishi is notoriously unreliable, and the 240SX can't be found for under 3k with a running engine.

>FWD

I just found a 240sx for 2400 with a running engine

>127HP

How fucking stupid can a human being get to not know I was referencing the ae92

It wont run long. They are known for being unreliable shit heaps that fall apart in front of your eyes.

and i was saying a 20 year newer civic is no better
how fucking stupid can a human being get to not know i was referencing the 7g civic?

maybe with the crappy jap SR. But the KA is a much better engine and will run forever . They put them in trucks for a reason

then why do people like them? there's also an 88 corolla gts for sale here. low miles, owner just did the timing belt and the car has new brakes and a battery.
honestly im such a whore for two door cars with pop up headlights

>then why do people like them?
RWD. That's pretty much all they have going for them. It started because they were RWD and cheap, which made them great for drifting. Now everything you find is some retard's drift project that he wants too much money for.

>coolant passage through the front cover
>known to have gasket failure
>know to have timing chain eat through the passage
oops water got in the oil somehow
>known for faulty MAFs
>know for faulty injectors
>known for poorly build wiring harness
>known to randomly stop running because the AIC is clogged
>AIC is a bitch to remove and clean
>known to destroy spark plug wires
>known to have bad speed sensors
>know to have most the gauge cluster fail
>known to have cracked dash
>known to have leaky windows
>known to grow mold
>known to have rotten seat foam
>known to have seat fabric fall apart
>known to rust inside and outside
>known to have a floppy chassis
>known to have terrible brakes
>known to be slower than a miata
>known to have stamp steel control arms that flex like mad
yeah 240s are awesome

apparently the 240sx i'm looking at sat in the garage for 10 years, but the owner replaced whatever needed to be replaced and everything seems to work. its $2400

the corolla i mentioned is $2000

the corolla would be a better and longer lasting car.
4AGE engine is GOAT

Yeah it seems like it'd be fun and slightly special snowflake while being reliable
I'm not 100% sure I trust the 240sx but I considered it because it's Veeky Forums approved
even if the 4age doesn't make much power, its revs sound fun. plus the ae92 has cocaine styling and hugh heffner tier red interior.

Plus I'd get to have fun with the 4age engine without needing to engine swap it

P
I
G
F
A
T
lol can a 4age even pull an ae92? Why is the sedan version lighter

How do you make a fwd heavier than ae86 before it

the ae86 wasnt lighter.
if you're gonna shit post at least put some effort into it.

>ae92 2600
>ae86 2200

>ae86 2200
not a GTS buddy boy
base was that light yeah.
GTS was 2500ish

so its still lighter? AND RWD?

and 5X more expensive
and 5X harder to find non engine parts for
who cares about rwd shit when its a huge pain in the ass

>implying a 30 year old sporty car for 2000 is reliable
>implying it wont be terrible
>not even RWD

Neighbor is selling CR-V for $1000, 160k miles. Do I do it?

FWD or AWD? manual or automatic?

Honda's are usually pretty over priced due to the tuner following. This doesn't affect automatics as much though.

I can't tell you what to get. Something with high miles and service records is better than lower miles and the PO never kept up on it

If it's a FWD manual that'd be the most reliable car you ever had as long as maintenance is kept up on.

AWD. Looks to be a 1999 from the color and body. Automatic, I don't care though as apparently the autos rated for the same MPG as the manuals.

Yah but 160k miles on an auto means it's going to fail within the next 50k miles probably.

From what I'm reading the transmissions have good reputations, so long as they're well maintained. Is there a basis to this concern, or is it the usual "auto transmissions die at 200k"? and not in specificity to this year/model?

Exposed: toyota shill thread false flag troll thread confirmed