Are v6 mustangs gay?

Are v6 mustangs gay?

If you had a choice between a typical econobox to DD (for a few years till you make more money) or a v6 mustang (05-10) which would you pick

Other urls found in this thread:

caranddriver.com/features/the-quickest-cars-of-2007-less-than-20000-first-place-2007-ford-mustang-v-6-page-1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I get an econobox that looks nice till I get more money.

Econobox. Go buy a civic for 3k, save your money, reward yourself with the v8. Don't go for the instant gratification chick car v6

No, they're not gay enough.

Basically this.

I wouldn't worry about a car being gay on that merit alone (especially since it tends to be perpetuated by retarded 13 year olds anyway), for instance Miatas are amazing cars yet get that all the time. With the V6 Mustang, especially the S197 the V6 is slow as all fucking hell to the point where the car is self-defeating leaving us with the stigma being completely justified.

Don't get a 2005-2010 v6, they suck a lot of gas, as much as a v8 and are painfully slow as this guy points out Search for a 2011+ 3.7 v6, those are legitimately good cars that have great gas economy and a respectable if not great amount of power, plus they handle extremely well compared with any older Mustang.

You can find them for around 10k if you look hard enough, even a salvage (cosmetic damage) would be a great investment if you plan on keeping it for a while.

Im well aware

If I could I would but I havent found a 2011+ v6 for under around 13/14k

Thats why I was specifically asking about the 05-10 ones. If I could find an affordable 2011 v6 I wouldn't be asking Veeky Forums about it.

I drive an 04 V6, I got it for free for my first car. It's lasted me three years and its slow as shit but so is any car from those years. Porsches were pushing what the Mustang GT's were.

It's not about it being gay, or a chick car, or slow. It's about the icon. The Mustang is more American than a lot of other stuff. You ask someone to name an American car, Ford Mustang almost every time.

The 05-10 V6's aren't fast. You have a 4.0L V6 pushing 210 HP and 240ft-lb torque. The 11's+ will give you way more power.

If you can afford it, get a 99-04 GT, or a 05-09 GT. You'll get more respect sure, and it'll be fun. But if you have to settle on a V6 don't be ashamed. Straight pipe that motherfucker and it'll sound pretty mean. Keep it clean, don't act like a douche with it, and at the end of the day you'll love it. Keep it so you can save up for a GT eventually. Or save up more now. Whatever you do, get the Mustang, every time.

Anyone here recommending you get a shit econobox never had the opportunity to own a Mustang. This place is mostly lurked by poor late-teen/20 somethings who own the same Civic/Sentra they had in high school. Do not get the econobox, because you will hate every fucking second of it. You will love your V6 Mustang, and when its time to upgrade you'll know. I have enough to buy a GT, but I'm waiting till college is done.

If you're planning on driving it for a few years, the cheaper the better in my opinion. Go for a Fox body and keep it running decently until you have enough money for an 11-14 GT or V6 if you get impatient.

I'd pick the econobox.

If you're talking about yourself OP get a new edge mustang. People are gonna call it bad on here but really it's still a powerful v8, even if its no 5.0

Id pick an econobox DD. You can get a pretty good one for the same money you would pay for a shitty mustang.

Or you could not own a shit car

I'm 19 and I have a BMW Z4 M

Jesus, that car is sexy af

Delusional. Once you own a better car you'll realize how wrong you are.

Alot of modern Eco boxs can beat a 05 mustang in a race.

I'd rather buy an econobox and tune it then go with a v6 or v8.

Spoiled brats

If you can find a 2011+ V6 with 6 speed manual, then I'd say go for it.

My buddy has one and they are pretty cool cars. Just don't start wasting money on mods. Save that cash up to buy a used gt down the road.

Get the Mustang.

1. don't listen to jerkoffs who say the v6 isn't a "real Mustang." In my experience, the people who say this don't own Mustangs themselves. The vast majority of Mustang owners respect other Mustangs, regardless.

2. Don't waste money on mods for a v6. Save the money you'd put into mods for an eventual GT (or other better car) upgrade.

3. Don't badge it like a GT or any other Mustang. This is where other Mustang owners will start treating you like an idiot because you would, in fact, be an idiot.

4. Don't drive it like a dick.

t. V6 owner lying to herself
Nobody respects anybody who buys a shit car just for attention

>v6
>legitimately good car

user, that's not a mustang engine, is it?

caranddriver.com/features/the-quickest-cars-of-2007-less-than-20000-first-place-2007-ford-mustang-v-6-page-1

Since when is 6.5s 0-60 horrendously slow?

>v6

Nah m8. The reality is 99% of Mustang owners couldn't care less if someone drives a v6.

I got an 05 V6 as my first car. I would have gotten a V8 but insurance would have been too much for a kid in high school.
A lot of kids drive them like douche bags, but I don't think I'm too bad. The car is loud but a lot of people compliment my car on how it sounds. A lot of kids at my dorm also have them, but most of the Mustangs are V8s.
I know the car is slow, but I really like it. At the time when I got it in high school 3 years ago, I didn't really care for speed. There are times I wish I had a V8, but the car has been great so far. It'll be paid off next April. I plan to keep it throughout college and through medical school and just go crazy with it when I get out and pay off medical school loans.

pls no bully I'm lowering it when the rest of the parts come in next week
This is the least shitty picture I have of it
>pic related

Is it at least the 5 speed manual?

Unfortunately, no. I obviously bought it used. I might have a before picture of the car.
I really wish it were a manual since an automatic is so boring and it's already not the fastest car, but I don't have anything to prove so it's not a big deal.
I've already gotten enough shit from two of my friends about it, and now we just joke about it being an automatic.

Only faggots drive V6 "Muscle Cars". V6 Mustangs are especially fucking gay because they're slow. Even the Pentastar in the pig fat Chargers and Challengers has more power.

If you want a Mustang, get a V8. If the New V8 is too expensive, get a fucking Fox. If you lust after one of the new Mustangs too much to get a Fox, kill yourself because you're a fucking faggot.

Get the fucking Econobox and have some goddamn dignity.

>Are v6 mustangs gay?

Only to the niche crowd of people that care way too fucking much about how their choice of car impacts their masculinity.

>If you had a choice between a typical econobox to DD (for a few years till you make more money) or a v6 mustang (05-10) which would you pick

I made this decision a number of years ago, I went with a 1999 v6 5-speed. At the time my choices for DD's were all awful as hell late 90's / early 2000's crap and when you're talking same money a decently quick RWD coupe is a no-brainer. Base mustangs get a lot of shit because the V8 is the icon, but the enjoyment factor of a v6 mustang vs pretty much any cheap fwd DD coupe/sedan/wagon/mini-van really can't be overstated. There are very few ways to get a fun RWD car than a mustang and most of those alternatives involve gambling on 30 year old rust buckets, or the rare exception where you are a mechanic-wizard and can quickly and easily build something.

Honestly Veeky Forums gets a little lost sometimes because people here spend so much time jerking off over stats on the latest and greatest super cars or dreaming about turning their favorite 80's dream-car into some kind of a supercharged monster that they forget what it is like to drive these boring as shit slow cars and just what a difference a little power and a RWD / manual setup can make for just getting from A to B.

I sold my v6 a couple of years ago and currently have an e46 m3, I've driven lots of other cars, lots of better cars, and I will always recommend a basic mustang (with a manual). They are incredibly cheap to own, they almost always look sharp, and if you know what you are doing you can have fun with them. Life is too short to waste it being miserable and if there isn't a very large compelling price difference go with what will put a smile on your face.

Id get a Prius before I got a V6 Mustang

Really? No one is going to look at your V6 Mustang and think, "Wow, what a faggot." No one worthwhile really gives a shit about what car you drive. The guys that do are just insecure kids and think their car is superior; this phenomenon is common on here. It's a petty and immature thing to worry about the engine in someone's car.
OP, drive what you want. If you worry about your masculinity based upon the engine of your car, then you have bigger mental issues to worry about.

but Id care

I hold a Prius in higher regard than I do a V6 Mustang

Like I said: "worthwhile."

but I dont care about what other people think

I am more worthwhile than they are and Id never allow myself to get a V6 Mustang

>Caught driving an American car
Lol no

>I am more worthwile
>I am
>Id
Your posts aren't even worth the bandwidth they used to be uploaded, you're a nobody.

It's a mustang engine not in a mustang.

someone lacks self worth and feels the need to project it onto others

sorry I am more important than you

Aren't you doing the exact same thing?
To worry about something so minute as the engine in someone's car really shows how insecure you are.

I dont care about the engine in someones car

I view a Mustang as more embarrasing (especially the 05-09 or we) than a Prius therefore I would never get one

as the thread asks

>If you had a choice between a typical econobox to DD (for a few years till you make more money) or a v6 mustang (05-10) which would you pick

There's nothing wrong with the 05-09 mustang GT's, it just aged horribly. A v6 mustang is always pathetic no matter the generation.

Not the user you're arguing with but if you can't afford a v8 then accept your cuck status and get a prius, it's more noble than getting a v6

lol

Id take a Prius over any Mustang from that generation

its the most faggy Mustang its only redeeming quality is that isnt as ugly as a Foxbody or Mustang II

You aren't looking hard enough. 2011 v6 mustangs go for that on the high end where I live.

You're too obvious and your hypothetical car is terrible. Why would you even lie/brag about owning such a piece of shit?

>nerd who gets shit on by v-6 mustangs on a daily basis

Mustangs are horribly overrated and too popular.

1993?

>Being this outdated.
Get with the times gramps, I'm talking about this one.

Pro tip: It's not a 4.0 v6 and it makes 305hp.

68 mustang with an inline 6. Get decent gas mileage and very easy to work on. I to want to upgrade to a 304 when I get a chance, but there is nothing wrong with updating something you already own.

My engine still makes more torque

but its a V6 Mustang

the exhaust sounds like

"oh god Im so fucking gay I want a Miata to plow into me"

It actually sounds. LOT like a 350 and 370z, unaccetable, I'm going to install some Borlas to fix that.

Yeah, it's not a torque monster but 5.1 seconds 0 to 60 is plenty for me.