/rlg/ - Roguelike General

Roguenex.us is down due to a security leak until further notice.

>Shared DCSS online account.
User: rlgrobin
Password: ownfault (or "robin" on CXC).
Remember, it's not fun if you didn't splat hard!

FAQ and What to Play
FAQ: pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34
What to Play?: pastebin.com/yfUKx35f

>Individual Game Pastas
pastebin.com/SgMJ7Xwh

Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=7970
youtube.com/watch?v=ON-7v4qnHP8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for castable haste

damn i was just making this to start a new thread with

>thread not linked in previous

It fell off user.

Chei won that round.

because it was created after the previous thread died

the true tragedy is nobody being able to post "first for chei" at the end of the previous thread

>not taking whizkid to build a nanoshrap supershotty

playing a tabtaur after playing demigods for a while feels like cheating
what the hell is all this exp
i have 4 skills over 20 and i haven't even finished U.

that's why you always store your shit underground in hard containers away from anything flammable. It's like you didn't even play back when lightning fucked your shit.

personally i find minotaurs to be the funnest race to play

You can get 3 of you + apts to 26 in a 5 rune.

>lightning
Oh the memories.
I want acid rains back! I want to be able to choke on my own vomit! Fucking devil's team, removing fun and adding dildoes, fedoras and 4203429348 linux t-shirts.

>one way heroics out for 2 days now
>still not piratable
I wonder if pure steam files would work without any cracks and shit.
Is there a chance someone here bought it?
I want to be ultimate student, yo

>dildoes
>also vibrators
>and fursuits

Good work, son.

How do we fix scythes, /rlg?

Give em cleave when attacking adjacent?

Bonus damage when using reach, damage penalty when attacking melee range (hilt hits)?
Wait, this makes no sence…

Especially cause swiftness was nerfed so you're shit out of luck until you get haste up. Then it's pretty much a skald only weapon at which point, jsut song of slaying executioner's axe.

I want viable scythes RREEEE

Apparently the vault in MD:OWH works slightly different in that it will update after a failed run.

It's now required to put the items you took out back in after dying, unless you want to lose them forever.

>reapers scythe isnt viable

They're meant to be bad, I think. Outside of Sigmund, they only spawn on Reapers, but on Reapers they're always branded+enchanted, so to prevent Polearms from getting an inordinate amount of branded, good weapons, they're terrible.

Guys how the fuck should I skill in magic as a MfGl effectively? early or midgame? I don't know. I want to play something that can fight and cast spells. Or is it retarded to skill into magic as a melee?

just give them player-only effect like longswords have riposte now

>get it once in 1,5k games
o-ok pham…. . . . … .. .. . ….. .

>get it once in 1,5k games
>as a transmuter
>with like 20 UC already

>Or is it retarded to skill into magic as a melee?
its advisable to go into some magic, always.
if you find repel/swiftness/blink you should try to have them up by midgame or so, and haste/deflect by zot
if you mean "should i go for conjurations/killdude spells as a mainly meleedude", then hell no.
but skilling a weapon skill to 10-12 or so while being mainly blastercaster is even advisable.

> I want to play something that can fight and cast spells
pretty much all but few challenge races can accomplish this.

>but few challenge races

Praise Chei, Luke!

Merfolk/high elf makes for a pretty good skald. anything with a good launcher apt or hex apt and decent launcher apt makes for a good arcane marksman. If you play in pre-0.18 you can do a GrEE in medium/heavy armor with stoneskin spamming iron shot then bonking with 27 earth 27 evo staff of earth melee. In general, Nemelex is a pretty good all magic in 1 skill with its decks. Older versions with pakellas give the strongest "magic" game for a hybrid without extended.

More like praise extended. Thank Xom for freexp

The old OWH game is so fast to play I literally just learned it for a few minutes and got 2 wins within not even an hour. The hell is this? Surely, the new OWH isn't this fast to play right?

I was in Zot a moment ago and something kept cancelling my Tele over and over.
i forgot to read the log
is it some draconian variant that does that? or the clown?

>I literally just learned it for a few minutes and got 2 wins within not even an hour
in the "no vault" hardest difficulty?
every other difficulty is babbymode, and the only truly hard class is the tourist.

There's also multiple endings, of which the hardest will take you some hours.

Check morgue file

>optional difficulty

so this makes OWH a roguelite huh

How do I bind TAB to a numpad key in DCSS so I can otab all with one hand on numbad?

Macros don't work for tab, it seems

the same way different species and backgrounds make dcss a roguelite

i already ascended so it isn't there.

Difficulty is not the same as species/races user

yes it is.
or do you think a FeCK is as easy to 3-rune as a MiFi?
Race/class combo is literally a difficulty option and nothing more.

>He can 5-rune MuCK easier than a 5-rune MiGl
Dyohohohoho.

Did you play online?

yeah

For starters, classes are not races so remove that CK and Fi. Second, Game Difficulty is not equal to species/races or even classes. They're separate entities that you're not even allowed to compare.

>Game Difficulty is not equal to species/races or even classes
yes, race/class is a difficulty option, you dumb nigger, you even just said it yourself

race/species are character options, not the game difficulty itself

Open your account and youll have your latest win shown at the top, click on the score on the left and youll see the morgue file

>mfw I can finally call my roguelite buddies since /rlg/ finally tolerates roguelite discussion

Are roguelike real? Does anyone know?

How can roguelike be real if our @'s aren't real?

>and nothing more
Well the playstyle itself definitely changes for some races because of inherent apts and race muts.
Like, formicids are pretty diesel, but they have quite a handicap.

In your dreams.

POUND

>have already seen 5+ different filenames of this picture
Th-this is just samefagging, right? A f-forced meme?

It is exactly that, yes.

there is at least me, the original poster and an user who also posted it claiming he is not op
I posted it 5 times so far.

I don't care if it's forces , it's very cute picture and Usk is fun God.

this

don't understand why people making a big deal out of this

Oh shut up, there is nothing wrong with feeling horny after playing roguelikes and attributing certain features to certain deities we know pretty much nothing about.

PCB 5.0.1 is out:
angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=7970

Seems he broke RK money and made rockets rarer, which fits nicely with what I now understand is a grinding fetish.

just poz my chenghole senpai

imagine fucking her so hard you can see your dick bulging through her tummy
I'm so sorry

I want bastard swords and claymores and back. Triple-dildoes are silly.

keymap it instead through ctrl+D

there may be a way to set it in rcfile as well

You'd have to have a pretty huge dick and do anal

just poz my cheng up

I can't believe what catches on in these threads.

SIX
DICKLESS
MONTHS

>repetative death mazes attract autists
Who would've thought?

IT'S OUR FAULT
HE LEFT BECAUSE OF US
DICKS DID NOTHING WRONG

what's the difference between a rod and a staff in poscheng

the difference is that you should not play pozcumbutt

take your hand off the numpad and put it on hjklyubn you fuckboy

because pedophilia, is bad

different sets of available spells.
also rods usually have fewer max charges but better recharge rate, and staves are vulnerable to item destruction

in older versions only rods recharged and wands/staves had limited uses, but that's no longer the case

appreciating cute and genki anime characters makes a pedophile?

>anime
yes

I can't shag a loli in a vidyagame, what makes you think a basement gremlin like me could accomplish that in real life?

epin meme senpai

I just ascended an ascension-ready snake on rlgrobin

snakes are shit
if you are the faggot who played that snake you're a shit too

SpEn of Ashenzari.
I found 2 manuals of crossbow.

Should I train crossbow and transfer knowledge the crossbow to other skill for +4 aptitude bonus ?

i'm sorry it wasn't a shitty snake

The shit WAS underground. And there's only so much you can do to mitigate fire hazards when the walls themselves are highly flammable.

Containers, though. I definitely had the ability to make them, both in furniture and vehicle form, but it never occurred to me. How do they interact with fire and collapsing ceilings? What should I use to best protect my shit?

play Oka and it's 7-8.

maybe

>tfw you had to pay to recharge staves/wands
>tfw snotling tourist is so terrible it has to phase door device spam, load up fully on consumables, the best launcher it can find, pokeball a mount and pokeball shit on the floor until it has a literal army until it needs to recall
>tfw can't carry dick, half the weapons are too heavy for you, you have fuckall blows and damage per round
>tfw you had to mine for dosh cause you can't kill for jack or shit let alone anything that drops enough exceptional to afford shit
>tfw mining anything but magma takes forever until you get better shit
>tfw that initial dive to get a magic missile so you can dig deeper in the dungeon to start getting 2-4k per mined out floor
>tfw hoarding lodesmone for an eventual +6 dig item from the gamble shop
>tfw having to hit things with a shovel for entire floors so your hydra/durrgin can grow
Theme song of snotling tourist: youtube.com/watch?v=ON-7v4qnHP8

>mfw people on r/roguelikes post their first dcss wins after playing the game for few fucking years and get fucking praised

So, I'm still going with my polearm cheinaga, finished Spider and down to Vaults:4. Since I still don't find any source of flight other than my 3 potions and I have a ring of MR I was thinking of doing elf for my second rune, thoughts?

What do you expect from a community moderated by jews?

In nethack I've got a wand that when i engrave with says "all the bugs stop moving". Now i'm shit at nethack (i'm a complete noob) but that makes it a wand of death/sleep yes? Now how do i utilize these charges in effective ways that wont kill me? I'm an user who died to their own wand of death on a promising run (comparatively) several threads back.

top comment in a thread about some """roguelike""" was about redditor being offended by the ingame global chat that was apparently full of bigots

fucking lmao I've had enough for another month