Have friend that knows nothing about cars

>have friend that knows nothing about cars
>really likes the chrysler crossfire
>thinks they're fast
>thinks they're going to become classics someday and worth a lot of money
>wants to blow a ton of cash on one
>even if he gets it, I know he'll fuck it up somehow

How do I convince him to buy something else?

just show him alternatives

Why do you give a shit about what your friend drives

just let him be and when the cars shits up tell him "i told you"

If a 10 year old shitting dog shaped Mercedes is worth a ton of cash it must be a good car.

That's impossible because every Crossfire in the world is cheap as dirt.

Question: would the Crossfire have been any good, if it had the 5.7 or 6.4 Hemi, and T56 transmission?

It'd be an outdated, shoddily built Mercedes knockoff with a big engine and strong transmission.

convince your friend that his plebian dream car is far further within reach than he thinks and the eternal roaring glory of automotive enthusiasm can be his if he makes a plan and commits to it

because I'm autistic and I'm on Veeky Forums and I get triggered easily by what other people drive

i don't see why you'd convince him to not get something he likes

If he is getting a Crossfire atleast tell him to get a SRT6.

330 hp Supercharged v6. 5.1s 0-60.

IT probably will be a classic one day but not worth as much as some other cars.

t. leased automatic FR-S

Let him buy it, let him find out its shit, hit him with the "I told you so" and suggest something better.

His problems are not your problems, OP

This is the right line of thought. In fact, one should never buy any Chrysler that doesn't have forced induction, at least 8 cylinders or both however sadly the SRT6 Crossfire is automatic only and one should also never buy an automatic Chrysler. Maybe it's a Mercedes auto? IDK

On that thought, what he should want instead of a crossfire is an SLK

Also if you want to discourage him without bothering to educate him on the facts, just have him watch some Holt episodes of Cleveland Show - and how has no one posted the pooping dog meme yet? As a Mopar guy I'm disappointed by the diminishing reaction to the Crossfire.

Unfortunatley they Hemi will never be a good sports car engine. They are still iron block.

manchildren need to leave

Yes, it's a Mercedes unit, the fucking powertrain is the same as the the C32 AMG and the SLK32 AMG, it's literally the same car as the SLK 320 AMG with a Karmann body on it

>OP convinces friend
>friend buys shitbox ricebox honda like OP
>crossfire actually doesnt look bad for a dindu built coupe
>DOES become classic
>friend murders OP
>nothing of value was lost

/thread/wrist

I owned a crossfire and it was great. It's a fun car that has decent looks l and is fun to drive. It's not super powerful so it's not very dangerous, in fact I think it has a 5 star crash test rating. I thoroughly enjoyed it and only traded it in because im making more money and now have a Cadillac ATS. I still miss the crossfire sometimes. It's a good looking vehicle(subjective, I know), it's decently fast and sporty, and it's reliable. I did a lot of research on the car before buying, and there aren't any major issues with the drivetrain or much else for that matter. In my three years, I never had to bring it into the shop for anything other than maintenance. I know I've repeated myself a bit, but all in all, 8/10 car.

Also when the spoiler goes up at 65, it feels like sex.

>330bhp
>0-60 5.1 seconds
How? Is the body made of lead?

>old mercedes chassis

might as well be

It weighs a lot for its size, like 3300 iirc

I looked it up, apparently it's roughly 4.8 seconds which is respectable.

>citing the Cleveland Show
You must be 18 years old to post on Veeky Forums

Let him figure it out the hard way.

So is the BMW S54, and its one of the greatest engines ever made.