/fog/ Fallout General

Ded as Fuck Edition

>fog/ Mod Archive
fogmods.weebly.com

>CK
creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=Main_Page

>Fallout 4 General Information (Read Before Asking Questions)
pastebin.com/UkxVHYQB

>Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Links
pastebin.com/x1yeAmcP

>The Art of Fallout 4
mega.nz/#!vQkWVLpD!nBOiJBqgYriOJNkjU8OqxSFOfpKJHYWT6wZunopd6Fg

>Fallout 4 Item IDs
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J9quAMtGK70aptz0t5teqWHGZJ9T9uvJmzNEBJEB36Q/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

>Fallout 4 Legendary Effects & IDs Guide
pastebin.com/qg0KhsCA

>Fallout 4 Settlement Mods & Information
pastebin.com/QJquVveh

>Nuka World Collectibles Guides
>SCAV! Mags
imgur.com/a/caZVa
>Nuka Recipes
imgur.com/a/iyZy4
>Starcores
imgur.com/a/y4EMu
>Medallions
imgur.com/a/Fg9IT
>Cappys
imgur.com/a/B0PrB

>HOW TO CONVERT SKYRIM / OBLIVION / NV / FO3 ETC MODELS TO FO4 + Bodyslide Guide
pastebin.com/MWEPKj5m

>Fallout 3/NV
pastebin.com/wVAqLvCD

>Archive
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/fog/

Pre-War thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=V2VTulxEDig
mega.nz/#!yB9UgQxS!5kLE-wARXuofScMRuNZNRfGJFgJxSHeD4Nb5YKevphg
mega.nz/#!XM9V1LqY!ZoFlxaLKl5ziBBnRtmFMZIcni9TKby5agbeOcf2ivgU
cgig.ru/en/2012/10/ho-to-use-ninja-ripper/
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/18337/?
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11348/?
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/13431/?
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Still need ideas for headwear

Mags is best

nth for waifus

isk something like salt upon wounds helmet

5th for loneliness

youtube.com/watch?v=V2VTulxEDig

Made this for another guy, but I figure other people "might" like it. Warframe General seemed like a strange combo of BGSM and Sci-fi, but to each his own!

mega.nz/#!yB9UgQxS!5kLE-wARXuofScMRuNZNRfGJFgJxSHeD4Nb5YKevphg

>always enjoyed item mods with leveled list integration, finding stuff ingame instead of crafting or spawning
>learned how to create lists for mods that don't have them, even how to randomize parts based on level
>after a day's work I just want to rest and relax playing the game

To you modders out here, how do you find the motivation to start on a mod and keep developing? I'd really like to use, and make someone's day with something I can work on, but I always wonder if it'll be worth it in the end.

warbros skins when

Based god of porting

That's the problem you're having. Don't mod for other people, mod for yourself. I barely even play this shit cause the creating part is just so much more exciting to me.

Who gives a shit if you make someone's day or not, the important thing is that you had fun making cool shit.

I make what I like and share it most of the time.

I got tired of requests because if I don't wanna do something I won't be as interested in doing it. I only did this Warframe thing for the guy because he's being a real bro and helping me with some texture stuff.

Just make what you like and share it with people. I don't recommend doing requests because soon you will get flooded with them and people will get assblasted if you quit.

Make shit you want.
Don't bite off more than you can chew. Let one thing lead to another.

Porting this helmet noone would make, but that I really wanted, took a while, and I had to learn a bunch of new shit about meshes, how items work and then tweaking textures, the texture part wasn't all that hard at all and that inspired me to fuck with some camoflage replacers, and from that I learned more about making the armours, recipes and shit like that. Still can't figure out pallets swapping shit yet though.

I couldn't get pallete swapping to work either...I tried doing it for my D.va outfit before I gave up and made it separate outfits.

The satisfaction of having made a thing that works is a buzz. When it doesn't work and I spent a whole day on it I get unreasonably babbymad though. Working with the CK drives me crazy, so I totally understand the resistance.

The drive comes from getting the game to play the way you need it to. Excitement is the only thing that can get you to mod, since it's free and more or less thankless work.

I see, thanks. I think I'll grab some armour mods later this evening, probably the worst offenders for lacking loot lists. I mean, what better to feel I'm adding something to the world than seeing it used by npc's first hand? Weapons wise I think I still have a test list laying around for spawning the AS Vektor on raiders, might expand it a bit then add a few more weapons.

It's been fucking me up so hard.
Trainwiz and Kos don't know and Niero rarely posts here.

Can you drop the mega link for that D'va outfit?
I missed it.

I actually still haven't touched the ck yet, on my pirated fo4. Had done it all on fo4edit, with good results

mega.nz/#!XM9V1LqY!ZoFlxaLKl5ziBBnRtmFMZIcni9TKby5agbeOcf2ivgU

don't know this series at all but looks brety cool buffpai

>Trainwiz and Kos don't know and Niero rarely posts here.
What do you mean? I know how palette swaps work, I do it all the time.

It's super fucking easy.

Works for my non-legit copy. I mean, insofar as the CK ever works. I had issues getting my radio mods to work properly, and it's lacking some options that would help shortcut a lot of tedious work.

>Libertalia ain't a settlement
besthesda pls

Whats the best software to rip 3D models from other games?

The guy who gave me the Warframe model told me he used this.

cgig.ru/en/2012/10/ho-to-use-ninja-ripper/

Im gonna use it on a few games like Space Marine to see if I can rip dem guns

If you have to ask, you aren't cut out for porting and there's no point in telling you.

finally got around to pirating nukaworld

is there a fix for the slow loading yet?

>Requires 3ds max

Thanks, I am going to rip some Xcom and MGSV models.

There are probably alternatives somewhere, you just need the scripts to convert the files into OBJ so you can work with them.

What are you going to rip from MGS5 that hasn't already been ripped and ported to FO4?

Sahelanthropus?

Mostly MGO stuff.

unless those models were already ripped.

I could have sworn you said you didn't know.
Anyway, how do I set them up, is it a materials thing or what?
I'm trying to get this down to one outfit with multiple camo mods.

I need to sleep.

google Creation kit material swap

Can I make a request to get the scout outfits ripped?
I can probably rig them.

Thanks man. I could have sworn I looked this up before and couldn't get it to work. Anyhow, I'll have another go tonight and if I run into any problems I'll cry in the thread about how your not a real modder or something.

>I'll cry in the thread about how your not a real modder or something.
But that's Buffscale's shtick

Reminds me of this

>been autistic with my fusion cores my whole playthrough
>get Aeternus from Nuka Whorl
>armor up and head to the glowing sea
>finally get to spray everything with reckless abandon

Fuck this shit is cathartic

Is this just the one warframe?
Angst was an event enemy, a Stalker variant of the Valkyr.
The Stalker face is awful, in general, this would be cool if it came with the Valkyr original colors, Optional Helmets and possibly the Valkyr kitty skin.

It was a one time request by a guy who is helping me with textures.

He was nice enough to help me with textures that I asked if there was ever anything he wanted done, and that was the thing he wanted.

I've got other things to do anyway, Kos sent me a Chairlift monster I need to rig for Maxwell's

What's the recommended body to use nowdays for F4?

This is what the deathclaw armor will look like with full upgrades. Yikes, spikey.

Oh, and I had a realization. The Chameleon deathclaw's color change effect IS CONTROLLED BY THE NIF.

THAT MEANS THAT I CAN MAKE COLOR CHANGING DEATHCLAW ARMOR

WHAT IS THIS I DONT EVEN

That chair sucks, don't use it

vanilla/EVB

I've been tinkering on a gameplay overhaul mod since December, just playing through the game using everything Ive modified, occasionally starting over to make sure the early game isn't ruined after all the changes Ive made based on the high level character testing.

I just got over a month long hardware failure nightmare, just now am i finally playing through and including all the nukaworld stuff. once i completely play through it, I'll probably finally be done, and after a gigantic change log is written out, and i think of a name to call it, I'll finally be able to release it.

To answer your question, I get the motivation to keep at it because my changes, at least to me, keep making the game funner and funner to play. If i wasn't modding as well, i would have gotten board of it long ago. I'm making this, and putting so much time and effort into it, for me first and foremost. I'd need to be paid a living wage to mod something into exist i didn't care about.

Okay.

And yeah, color changing Deathclaws are pretty neat. I wonder if one could use its effect for weapons to make pulsating glows on things.

I tried using the squirt guns infinite ammo script on the laser musket in hopes of making the most light weight, simple, stock asset using and original unlimited ammo musket method yet, but could not get it to work, bit beyond my expertise. Think the idea has potential, if anyone else wants to take a crack at it.

Its cool man, just an idea if you ever want to make more warframe stuff.
The Valkyr kitty skin actually has a tail.

Yeah for Warframe fans this seems like an off kilter request. This is like wanting Maya Ibuki from Evangelion when you could have Asuka, Rei, or Misato.

Would it hurt if I took off Takahashi's hat?

The only scene I remember involving her is her lesbo moment with that uh...Rei-Ritsuko thing, and then her hand blows off as she melts into orange juice.

CBBE.
>most support
>make any kind of body you want

Anything to the contrary is just contrarian meming.

You would trigger his military protocol and then he would try hitting you with his ladle.

It wouldn't be very painful

Nan-ni shimasu-ka?

That looks hardcore

For who?
Y-yes

Spring Cleaning or Scrap Everything?

There are like 10 scrapping mods and I don't know which one to use.

Anyone else finish all achievements yet? Nuka World gave me a fucking headache

Helmet based on the claw?

Would be pretty cool to see a Deathclaw head, sorta like that one Super Mutant's armour in Far Harbour. He has like a bear hat that drapes down over his shoulders, it's real neat. I don't know if you'd want to do that though.

Can't get benevolent leader

No... need 8 raider settlements, a few recipes, 40 kills and 40k tickets. No motivation. I just want my 2 shot handmade rifle and never ending western revolver, but i cant find a spot to farm them.

Raider settlements are piss easy to get up to 100.

Are there any 'lore friendly' music mods? Like more radio stations, or just more music to Diamond City Radio. If someone could post the nexus page

Deep Pocketed or Ultra Light build?

Type in 'More Where That Came From', it's a mod that adds more tracks to Diamond City Radio. I suggest avoiding Old World Radio, if you're looking for setting-friendly songs/stations, apparently it has a fucking 8-bit station.

If it weighs less than 10/20 for limbs/chest, deep pocketed.

8 bit music is cancer. thanks

Old World Radio looks REALLY well done. It has voice acting and everything. Can anyone confirm whether or not it's worth checking out? or is it really lame

Do one or more existing companions have special interactions in Nuka World like roboman in Far Harbor?

Heh.

Tried my first attempt at actual modeling. Wanted to make Boltman.

Ended up looking more like a deranged Ms paint creature brought into 3d form.

I think deathclaw head as a helmet would be too big. Use the claw instead.

It has voice acting, but it's dumb. One of the stations is hosted by a Christopher Walken impersonator, one is hosted by the cousin of Three-Dog. Apparently the creator likes to air their political agenda in-game, going off a couple comments, something about Donald Trump.

Well, the mouth needs to be less of that and more of a trapezoid.

Yeah...I'll continue messing with this.

Although I'll probably just make Boltman and then never bother modeling again

I'm not sure what I'm talking about, but couldn't you have just modeled his sunglasses directly on the face instead of giving it eyes? It looks like something in Trainwiz's mod.

It's got a lot of talking shows but it's well done. The variety is the best part about it, as you can switch stations if you get bored with one.

I actually enjoyed the voice acting as well, even if some of the topics were boring. I recommend it if you like playing with the radio on.

I might ask Kos for modeling tips. I couldn't find out how to sculpt in 3ds but its easier to get into it Blender 2.77. He made a Moon man model but he hasn't done anything with it.

Boltman and Moonman are...kind of similar.

I love AESTHETIC radio, it's a bit more 80's than 60's but it's got a nice vibe.

>MoonMan Mask
>Do 50% more damage to anyone that isn't full blooded white

How many songs are in the mod all together? I can't find that information anywhere. 'More Where That Came From' has 111 songs, how many does 'Old World Radio' have?

So basically do 50% more damage to all of Boston?

I remember Kos saying something about skin color being a variable in scripts, so I think this is actually doable.

I honestly can't tell you an exact number as they split all the songs/talk shows into different stations, and I only recently started using it so I'm not familiar with all the stations.

I wish they would put a description on that as well. But I roughly estimate that you'll go through a couple play sessions until it starts looping tracks (per station)

I haven't played the game since release. Now that all the DLC is out and people are using the creation kit and other stuff, is there a recommended mod list?

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/18337/?
Niero is so damned good at slutwear and weapons.
I kinda feel like commissioning him for a few things.

>cigarettes mod
>lowers charisma
>increases agility and perception

>People still trying to push the 'smoking doesn't look cool' bullshit

Almost as stupid as smoking actively killing you in MGS. I don't even smoke, but I still acknowledge it looks neat.

I used to smoke and smokers really don't care how it looks it just feels good. Never found a habit that comes close to it

>tfw trying to quit but the cowboy killers keep calling my name

It would be pretty neat if you could smoke in game, it'd give me something to do with all those cartons and perfectly preserved packs.

>vault 1080 still in the hot files
>all comments that mention nvidia shilling have been deleted

>Bio-Enhancement from the guy egghead who made a miscalculation that turns a nest of ants into fire-breathing abominations.
>What could possibly go wrong.
>...or right?

Easy there user, we can't be giving the kids any ideas! Now get out there and pump yourself full of not-steroids and not-morphine and decapitate some raiders!

>It would be pretty neat if you could smoke in game

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11348/?

?????????

just get the mod

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/13431/?

Looks pretty good. cartons give you a number of packs and packs a number of cigarettes. smoking animations

I still don't get this. Why the fuck is it fine to use straight-up drugs, but you can't smoke?

I wonder if there's laws against positively presenting smoking in video games. Like, MGS gets a pass because you die as you smoke.

Can you update Valdacil's Item Sorting without having to reinstall DEF_UI after it?

It's not a legal issue, they just didn't care enough to implement it.

You may have your glorious slavic women, but I shall have the red machine on my side!

Betty has some nice cans.

what skin texture is the best in your opinion user?