/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic the Hedgehog General. Let's talk about Sonic games, old and new, and the entire franchise including animation and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, etc.

/sthg/ - #566 - slow Labyrinth Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews/DevelopmentsRecent and Upcoming Releases

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/phase/sbhax
forums.sonicretro.org/?showtopic=34649
amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/videogames/
strawpoll.me/11222938
sonic-world.ru/modules/content/content.php?content.130
web.archive.org/web/20130520184926/http://www.themysticalforestzone.com/PDF/TSAT/TSAT.htm
en.sonicscanf.org/comics/archie/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

fast

a Sonic Battle editor exists now

github.com/phase/sbhax
forums.sonicretro.org/?showtopic=34649

when will mods exist for the game yet?

morning /sthg/

Never.

2/10 IGN

"Sonic was never good, people rather want to fuck Big the Cat than this shit."

It's afternoon now mate.

It's always morning somewhere, user.

Well...
You're not wrong.

>Michiyoshi felt for the patreon meme

amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/videogames/

THE HYPE IS REAL

Obviously not

1/10 IGN
"Sonic goes too fast"

Well now I'm freakin' mad.

who and what?

What can I say?
I read to about half and was not captivated.
It's high-school level writing spewing headcanon for what I consider unnecessary territory.
It doesn't stem far from regular comicshit with worse writing and no imagery to accompany it.

I don't understand what you get from reading this stuff unless you're around the same age as the writer, which I assume is in their preadolescence.

Right after posting I realize there are 17 additional chapters.
I can't be expected to read through all of them to gauge an opinion, it was unbearable already at the first two paragraphs.

>who
sonic hentai artist
>what
sellout paywall bullshit

strawpoll.me/11222938

I don't think there can be a good sonic fan fiction - or good fan fiction in general.

I've noticed a common theme that people autistic enough to write one always use un-series like concepts which end up making the whole thing some weird try hard edgy bullshit straight from the mind of a 13 year old who think they're "mature for their age".

I've read sonic fan fictions featuring such highlights as sonic becoming an emo and cutting himself, various amounts of rape and Eggman conducting chemical warfare and every one of them is played completely serious with no hint of irony - and that's not to mention the OC Mary Sue shit.

The only good sonic fan fiction in existence is tails got trolled. Everyone else should give up.

Yeah, the writing might not be the greatest in the world, but it's readable and I can look past that if I enjoy the story enough.
And I enjoyed it for what it is, a different telling of the (almost) series old story of how Sonic met Tails (and their first adventure together).
Plus it actually gives them character traits n such.

>not counting Sonichu
opinion discarded

>TGT
>Sonichu

>sonic becoming an emo and cutting himself
>various amounts of rape
Don't think I've ever read a fanfic with either of these

>Eggman conducting chemical warfare
Only read one where he uses a chemical weapon and that was in a death trap.

I think you just went looking for bad fanfictions.

>aron is one letter away from user

does Mememaster browse /sthg/?

Sonic, no.

At best, they'd make cameo appearances in the background, but even that might cause a shitstorm with regards to continuity or butthurt "purists."

Even if Sega wanted to, it would be a balancing nightmare to make the FFs all useable alternatives to Sonic's speed without slowing the game's overall pace. The Egg Bosses seem like they would be a better fit in that regard, for what it's worth.

I sometimes imagine what that would be like though, and what the response would be if a game like that actually turned out well.

>'Clove has legs' thing
Clove always had slightly more shapely legs compared to the other female characters; it's been a subtle part of her design since Evan's concept art. ABT just sort of accentuated it.

>it's readable
That's about the most passive compliment I'd imagine a body of text could get.

Here's where I differ from many /sthg/ dwellers.
I'm a game purist read: gamefag. If it ain't a game it's irrelevant. What's portrayed within the game is all that is relevant.
Sonic 2's minimalistic story as told through the game is all I need. Then again there's complimentary story from manuals and such but considering they're not guaranteed to be available I don't consider them important enough.

I don't understand the need to fill gaps in the story or expand on what's already told. In the end it's all in your own head, the further you go the more steps you're removed from not only the games but what Sonic actually represented to begin with.

>Aaron
Two letters

>never read a sonic fan fiction with rape
Then you haven't read a sonic fan fiction.

>If it ain't a game it's irrelevant
In that case it's understandable why you don't like Sonic Fanfiction.

>I don't understand the need to fill gaps in the story or expand on what's already told
That's too bad. I often enjoy other peoples ideas on how things happened in a story or discussing missing information like where the Chaos Emeralds came from or whatever.
And I'd say it's probably less of a need and more of a want.

Well I know that ain't true since I've read a decent number of Sonic Fanfiction.

I present you with a good Sonic fanfiction
sonic-world.ru/modules/content/content.php?content.130

That's bullshit but I'll believe it.

>sonic-world.ru/modules/content/content.php?content.130
>.ru
Shame I can't read Russian and don't trust Google Translate enough to accurately translate a fanfic.

Yeah, I can see that, sort of.

>he claims to not read fanfics

Who's making that claim?

tell me about some of your favorite fanfics /sthg/ Guilty Pleasure edition

Sonic only, Sonic related (crossovers and such) or just any fanfics in general?

Hopefully most of us.

I was thinking of Sonic only but if you wanna post a none Sonic one that's cool

That one sprite comic about a MechWarrior character who got stuck in the body of Tails was oddly interesting.

Canned furry

Tail's Gets Trolled number one all day everyday. Can't find the imgur with it all on anymore and that upsets me.

Apart from that, nothing else really. There was a comic I read ages back because I had jackshit to do and I can't find it anymore, had the world get fucked over by Shadow/Not shadow and then Sonic was killed and Amy and Not Shadow hooked up and Eggman was a mechanic with guns.
It probably hasn't aged well at all but I can't find it anymore.

>That one sprite comic about a MechWarrior character who got stuck in the body of Tails was oddly interesting.
wat

There's something about Tails.

web.archive.org/web/20130520184926/http://www.themysticalforestzone.com/PDF/TSAT/TSAT.htm

Freedom Fighters will be in Sonic 2017

screencap this post

Doom x Archie Sonic

>friend bitches about any Sonic that isnt classic/Generations/SA2
>watch him play Lost World and GHP act 2
>he fucking sucks and even after multiple hours he still doesnt understand the controls and physics
VERY triggered right now

DUDE WEED LMAO

What?

kek

I'm leaning towards PCP on this.

It's one where Tails invents some sort of size changing ray and shoots it at various Sonic grills at the beach from afar. They all think they were hallucinating, but Sally REALLY enjoyed it. So much that she would do ANYTHING to get back to being that height. She knew it was Tails and urged him to do it again but the King told Tails to stop that shit but he kept on doing it because fuck the government.

I don't even know where the fuck I read it anymore. It like stopped a long time ago.

can you stop posting these gayass sprite comments???????

>sprite comments
You mean sprite comics, right?

man it's been a while since I saw this one

hey /sthg/
do you like Biolizard?

>??????????
could you repeat dat?

This. Good fanfiction just can't exist in any capacity. If fanfic writers were good writers they wouldn't be writing fanfic

B-but the Biolizard was red.
There's a lot more to complain about here, but this ones the autism breaker for me.

No Shadow and Biolizard sitting in the park eating ice-cream or Maria reading them both a story in bed artwork ever

yeah i do

>If fanfic writers were good writers they wouldn't be writing fanfic
Hey, you don't have to be a good writer to write more than just fanfiction. Just look at the 50 Shades of Grey books, they started off as Twilight fanfiction.

Also anyone who writes fanfics should be mocked and bullied until they stop. It's for their own good

>B-but the Biolizard was red.
yes but that's the Super Biolizard

how much Biolizard fanfic is there

>people who like to make things based on other things should be mocked and bullied.
ye, okay.

as much as Metal Overlord has some

What I have against fan-fiction is that they need those characters to get people to read their story, and that's what they're banking on for readers.

Instead of just doing the Kojima thing and being all NOT Mel Gibson and NOT Danny Glover in SPACE.
PoliceNauts is best fan-fiction

I don't mind the ones that try and carry on a plot from the games or use the characters IC, but if yer gonna make it tryhard edgy shit which is completely OOC then use your own characters or something.

Or have it be TGT and be literal Art.

...of...of course it is.

Why is it worse than Sally Anthro from the comics.
Why is it not like the damn Biolizard at all
WHY IS IT GREEEEEEEEN

Oh well, it's not a bad drawing but still.

Good morning user

Pretty much this. The same applies to many fan games. Freedom Planet did the right thing starting their own IP.

>PC version so far down the list
why

>TGT
wut?

Your Google-fu is weak

yup

Well fanfic writers are always retards who just don't know any better. Kind of like people who make OCs. We have to teach them that it's not okay to do these things or else you look like a massive sperg

Where do I start if I want to read the comics?

>We have to teach them that it's not okay
Hard when both comics and modern games keep shoveling new characters on you influencing lesser minds to do the same.

Strange then how everyone seems to have accepted Bump and Sage.

I wouldn't say all of them are, some just want to tell a story with the characters.
It's when you get completely OOC or go edgy and give Sonic a sword and a gun you tend to run into problems. And the 95% of people who do that give everyone a bad name.

I'm against most fan-fiction mind you, but some people just want to tell a good story. The Sonic Comics are essentially well written fan-fiction after all.
And by that I mean Ian's run to now. And the Fleetway because Fleetway kept to the games as much as or better than current Archie.

>everyone

Name one good fanfic. You can't because none exist. All fanfiction is bad, just varying degrees of bad, and I'd rather not have it and the even worse cancer known as OCs exist at all
Because they're just mascots and nobody takes them seriously

Start at issue 1 if you want the full experience, and issue 252 and Universe 55 if you just want the current continuity. Also follow pic related.

And this website en.sonicscanf.org/comics/archie/ is your friend

Why is making fanfics and OCs not okay? I'm genuinely curious now.

I really hope SomecallmeJohnny does Sonic Rush series (maybe Advance too) after he's done with stairfax
I think I've heard that he will but I'm not sure

Because they're fucking awful and only serve to make the fandom of just about anything they're present in even worse. A breeding ground for bad ideas and even worse people. They're also never creative

>Tails Gets Trolled is bad
Boy, you've got me so mad I'm going to go have sex with my girlfriend so I won't be so mad.

That being said, Half Life: Full Life Consequences is pretty fucking stellar.

what's it about?

Alright cool, cheers.

I remember seeing some panels with weirdly anthro, almost human echidnas and it was really funny

Yeah, you're gonna see some WEIRD shit if you start from the beginning, and it'll get really, really bad at points, but it does eventually get better

Tails gets bullied by trolls and complains to Sonic, Knuckles and Shadow. What follows truly is an experience.

that's okay, I've seen the worst of Sonic content. I'm just up to speed on My Hero Academia so I thought I'd pick something else up

I used to have a book that was like Where's Wally but with Sonic stuff and it was great

>What follows truly is an experience

>"Because I say so."
Ah.

Sally was always anthro.
Like all Sonic characters

>tfw it will take two weeks to get to the UK
>ordered the PS4 edition
>buying PC version on release
The shit I do for this series.

So you obviously haven't read any Sonic fanfics or seen any of those godawful OCs, okay then. Well either that or you're guilty of one of those two things and are part of the problem then