/ddg/ - Dragon's Dogma General

Tips:
You can change vocations at level 10 at the Gran Soren inn or BBI.
Character appearance can be changed later on.
You don't need pawns, but they help.
Don’t miss your sidequests: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Side_Quest_Progression
Further info on "Must Do" sidequests: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qS9A47duONEwozGu8A6_oX_HyCxgBwbquGmlZqEQqqg/edit?usp=sharing

>Wiki you lazy shit
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon's_Dogma_Wiki
==================================================

>NEW /ddg/ Pawn Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/156IeHCRWMcCTU4nkIIwGgjVBetjVu47C9TvAlAc5HUY/edit?usp=sharing

>Stat Growths
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Stat_Growths

>RC Calculator
opsc.dark-arisen.com/calculator.php?cmd=calculate

>In-depth Beginner/Advanced Player Guide and FAQ
docs.google.com/document/d/17Avxu-W6BCjDrglXtHg8Z3sKB_z_5tlWhV1Vmf_YWHw

> Old /ddg/ Pawn Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/150pTBJ-IJ8ktH3mzObUI5pA4Rzsh88rfgFpwZf9wxe8/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0

>Character Creator Sliders
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QfNzxImmAvPk0jUhfKdyjxwUBg8OUl9iQhLMBL_pEl8/edit?usp=sharing

>Collection of small mods (model/color swaps, etc.)
piratepad.net/ep/pad/view/ro.uXOgwZkXAy5/latest

>Current mods available
pastebin.com/jcbPgLdj

>Hotkey Script for PC Players
pastebin.com/7gju0zt8

>Modding on console and old pawns
pastebin.com/NMTBXnxA

>Guide to get DDO
pastebin.com/hywvK0qT

>DDO Beginners Guide
pastebin.com/xgzbcXNg

>Screenshot Guide
pastebin.com/6YtfNbcb

>Make webms
pastebin.com/4ipnGRND

>[un]official Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/postsliders

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=erEyBjQTEn8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Good morning cos

What was your first reaction upon getting this "armor" for the first time, /ddg/?

We made it!

LAND AND SKY

>sweet, now i won't have stocking's sticking out the top of my waifu's thigh-highs

>devilfire drake flees twice in a row
for what purpose

>living creature sensing it's imminent death flee's twice to avoid such a fate
for what purpose indeed

>it's a wyvern decides to take a swim in the ocean episode

Guys what do wolves hunt it?

Funny I found it yesterday.
I had no reaction, just confusion.

Joke's on him, I'm going to go back with ice enchantments and blow him the fuck out.

>time to be a huge fucking slut

Can I not play this game and still post here with you guys and shitpost about pawns?

I just can't play anymore man

holy fucking shit I thought I'd try this sigil thing and it turns out it takes the element from the trance
what could ever stop us now

>Where are these western lands? Do they mean America? Woah dude, I'm from there, these japs must think I'm sexy as fuck

you fuckers owe me 40 USD.

you convinced me to pick this up again, bought it off steam

>retardedly out-levvelled enemies still in starting quests

fucking seriously? this shit still hasn't been fixed? i still have to somehow defeat hordes of lvl 25+ bandits to get to Quina? what the actual shitting dicknipple FUCK!

you can't even fuck off and do other shit then come back because if you go do too much shit her quest 'resolves' with her dying.
so i can't even leave it off, until i'm at the level of the randumb mobs encountered on the way to the quest.

You can just... go around them, or run past them. You don't have to fight them bro.

except they chase you forever.
>and then you run into another lvl 20+ mob
>and you run away, only to get to another lvl 20+ mob

>and they're still alive anyway for after you meet up with Quina when you have to come back WITH Quina anyway

get gud lmao

it's my first time playing and I never had a problem with those bandits and I don't even know what I'm doing so I suggest you act with care.

You dont have to comeback with Quina, once the quest is done she fucks off some other way
Also you dont need to do main quests to level up you know,

lvl 5-10 vs lvl 25 mobs

>hue just git gud

go fuck yourself.

this isn't monhun where you can take anything down with any set up if you're dedicated enough. this is an action rpg FFS.

next you'll tell me you can take a lvl 1 D II character vs. Diablo and kill him

> I haven't actually played the game so i don't know that one of the very first quests forces you to go to areas with enemies that can 1-3 shot your whole party.

Why bother replying if you haven't actually played the fucking game?

I don't know what leads you to think that friend, but I'm playing with a single pawn and those bandits were basically just the same as any enemy, everything got staggered and knocked down to death. Except the sword and board guys who actually did a lot of damage and killed me so I learned not to pull the whole pack at once.

I'm surprised this general is still going, is it because of the MMO? I just started playing again after playing through like 3-4 times right after PC release. It's such a complete shame this game doesn't have a sequel. I rarely say I have a favorite game, but after coming back I still love this game.

Are you playing on hard? It's nice getting tons of gold and quick leveling but the damage scaling really sucks. I beat hard just to say I did it. But I don't think I'm going to touch hard again, it's just not fun guessing whether an enemy will do a bit of damage or just flat out 1 shot you all the time. It's too bad they didn't spend more time on balancing, don't even get a proper NG+.

Post lewd funny screenshots

>made another one of these exactly a year later, can't find it

You can't be so bad to struggle on normal against those bandits so I'm assuming you started on Hard mode.
Don't, switch back to normal because HM is literally meant to be used in NG+ and challenge runs only, and leads to lots of stupid shit on new characters, such as being unable to learn to perfect block because a missed block is death and the shields being so bad enemies break the perfect block anyway and you get oneshot.

I dont have lewd but have this

>pick fighter
>spam the charge attack fighters start with
>PB the mighty bend with a wooden shield
>bandits cant do shit

get gud lmao

>fuck, both my characters are male

This shit just happened to me last night when the fucker had one health bar remaining. Then he just flew the fuck away and I got mad at a video game.

Is it a bug or are they just assholes?

Happened to me when I fight the Drake near the Shadowfort. I think saving near it will likely fly away from you, even if you pierce its heart in midflight, it will still run away from you.

Ded

Character editor is rife with erotic possibilities.

Think before acting, listen to the pawns' suggestions, if that fails then git gud, this isn't DS m8, you don't really need a lot of effort to do that.

>"If you think an ennemy is beyond your reach, seek new allies. If that fails, seek new foes."

Just hug the cliffside and run towards the forest. It's the only starting area that will give you trouble.

Or alternatively wait for the night. Bandits will be replaced by pack of wolves.

Spam knockdown move on human opponent.

Tis not defeat to flee from an outmatched foe, Arisen. Tis survival

I made my Arisen a bit taller because I realized that her face looked a bit off for lolishit, and I made some edits to my cute sorcerer pawn

Any tips?
Also is it possible to change to Hard Mode in the middle of a NG+ playthrough?

I read here a few threads ago that there is a way to give your character fangs, how do I do that?

Nope, allways have to restart for hard mode. but you keep all your stuff. and access to the ur dragon.

I think it was mouth 29 that kinda looked like it has fangs?

If you think you're gonna die on page 10 after we made it to 750 last thread you're awfully right

DO NOT finish the cycle of eternal return

Will I be able to play my current game normally if I give this whore 20 wakestones? Or will that railroad me into ending the game?

It will block all of the everfall. It also makes a hard checkpoint there, like when you rest at an inn or go into the rift.
You can still walk away from it instead of jumping down. just make sure you have everything from the everfall you want for now.

Ending of the everfall at least, don't do that if you wanna keep exploring it.
When you fall instead of starting you over at the top it takes you to the final part of the game

Does anyone have a new link to DDO client + english patch? pls & ty

if you do it won't be the end of the world.

I was kind of pissed at first but realized that it gives me an opportunity to get pre-dragon missions I missed the first time around and then haul ass to the post-dragon content without really replaying the entire game.

>cute
Denied. She's homely af and your Arisen looks like a 40yo midget.

Any advice as to how to fix that?
or are you just being a bully

Your arisen needs new torso and legs to make her look less like a midget(you've went with a lolibody but the head looks old). If you want her to look like a kid you need a different expression, hair style, and to shrink her head size.

The pawn is just kind of boring looking don't you think? Very average pawn.

Should I just take away her ranged attacks that aren't tenfold? I was trying the endecashot and now gamble, but I'm not sure it's actually worth it. I guess there's also the spinning arrow I haven't used yet.
I sort of like the debilitation arrow on large enemies though, feels like you do a lot extra damage.

I keep uploading the wrong screenshots somehow, but I guess that works too.

Ded

i'd say post pic pic of waifu so i can judge whether she deserves to be good dealing damage or not

I tried tenfold only and she spams it so hard it's not even funny. Well actually it's really funny and kinda pairs really well with my own cannons, might keep it like that.

Is there a mod yet that allows me to use 6 different skills on warrior?

the dinput.dll hook mod lets you switch through any number of skillsets without menus, which is about as good as it gets.

A few JP MMOs are getting collaboration events with Persona 5, including Dragon's Dogma Online.

youtube.com/watch?v=erEyBjQTEn8

smt would have been cooler

>visit mikado and defeat the minotaur, fighting various demons on the way

Thanks, I'll look in to that.
The switching doesn't sound ideal in combat but since Arc of Deliverance and Indomitable Lash are very situational anyway it might not be too bad.

Postin' Pawn.

Octavia, level 112/114 Fighter.
Utilitarian / Pioneer.

Can I get a source on that? It's comfy to look at.

>tfw still burned out.

it happens

>I'm going to wear this in every cutscene.

none
me and my bro are too pure for that shit

>use MA
>sorc pawn
>get sanguine stalk
>have to kil a dragon as sorc to dragonforge it
>so used to instant reset, multi magick rebalancer, not giving a fuck about ailments because great ward arrow, gotta go fast fighting style and killing everything with ricochet+ninefold that going back to sorc feels sluggish as fuck
IKTF

>tfw still burned out
I want to play. But I just re subbed to WoW. So now I want to play this even less.
I wonder how many times Meryl and Marie have been rented.

forgot to say which do you like better ddg?

>shiver berry as gift
i don't understand

personally, the one on the right

Both suck.

I like drow but vamp girls are the best

Holy ass m8

recommend me a fun class for a bbi run

>switch over to warrior for the first time
>try swinging the sword around just to test it
>oh god its like using a weapon without meeting the strength requirement in dark souls
>actually use it in a fight
>the basic light attack does instakill damage to everything around me in a ten foot wide radius
>it swings faster if the first strike connected
>list of things that can interrupt it: nothing ever
>also comes with shitzillion health
Is good day to be giant man.

question, just started the game and noticed i had some good starting items in my storage in the Inn, if i start a new game will i have them there again even if i used/sold them on my current character?

i really want to start again since warrior is boring af and i cant be bothered to keep playing til i can switch classes but those items gave me a good start on money (one headpiece sold for 320k)

pls respond

Why do you like pawns, /ddg/?

What are they worth to you?

They're pretty cool

I would have preferred a system like in Radiata Stories where the pawns were actual people you had to recruit one way or another. Would have made the game so much more fun.

If they're the dlc ones, yeah. They show back up with every game.

post some pawns

I'm level 27 and my first vocation is just about to hit rank 9 does it normally take 30 some odd levels to finish one vocation?

alright thanks, im guessing they are dlc items since i had them in storage the first time i opened it

Yes, you should go see the Wiki if you wanna know how much exp you need exactly.

Fat mac pawn on the

Any advice for someone new to the game?
Important things that i should look out for and collect or just general helpful stuff that isnt obvious?

1.Running away is a viable option.
2.Gear is more important than level in general. So if you're stuck somewhere, try to upgrade your stuff or buy something better.
3. Also, i'd say just play it your way the first time without reading a quest guide. You might miss a quest chain or two. But It's kinda like dead rising or similar games. You learn something new each playthrough.
And in Dragon's dogma each playthrough gets shorter and shorter since you keep all your stuff.

what about crafting materials/herbs?

any plants worth keeping or stuff like goblin bones for crafting?