When will the utility coupe make a come back?

When will the utility coupe make a come back?

Other urls found in this thread:

seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/5691369648.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicken_tax
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Have you seen that shitty Honda civic truck? It may be sooner than you think.

are you retarded

Europe has it.

In the US it's a lost cause because their automotive legislation has held back foreign utility vehicles with a tax since forever, and has lately also evolved to discriminate against car based utility vehicles through crash requirements and emissions limits in an attempt to protect the last domain Detroit still has the upper hand in on the American market. For US laws, there are basically only two types of vehicles, cars and trucks. Car based utility vehicles would be classed as cars because of their platforms, and be subject to stricter crash requirements and emissions limits, making them more expensive to develop and manufacture. Body on frame SUVs and pickups on the other hand are classed as trucks and be subject to lesser regulation than cars. Station wagons died in the US for the same reason. It's become impossible to offer station wagons for comparable prices as SUVs.

It never went away in Australia.

Are you retarded? That "truck" looks gay as hell. It's bad at being a truck and bad at being a car just like the old utility coupes.

It would be cool if the Ford Ranchero GT or the Chevy El Camino SS made a comeback. Sadly I don't think utility coupes are gonna return anytime soon in the states, if at all.

dumb numale detected

>its so gay lol cus it doesnt look like ass
it can tow and carry all my shit in the back, i'm not delusional like you

Don't try to rationalize having a useless version of a truck. What is going to fit in that Honda that wouldn't fit in the trunk of any other car? Unless you are in the business of hauling obelisks it's not going to do you any good.

/pol/tard that doesn't actually know anything about cars detected. Come back when you have a counter to my argument.

why are you bringing up honda for no reason

You mean the Ridgeline?

I was talking about their tiny new ridgeline that looks like a civic in the front initially.

But what does that have to do with the OP

i love how this makes the visibility so much better in the camaro

>all these people brainwashed into thinking trucks need to be fucking massive

Most Americans wouldnt fit into anything smaller than a Chevy Colorado

I was saying that utility coupes might be making a comeback soon.

>Checked
That is a tiny truck though. It barely fits an atv in the bed.

>muh conspiracies

More like because there's too little demand for them.

Do I pull the trigger on it?

seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/5691369648.html

except its actually true you idiot

I'm not the biggest VW fan but still
new caddy pickup when?

Never.

We're going to get crossover pickups instead. Pic related.

>Any small truck is useless
Tell me, how much different is that utility to small pick ups like the pic?

nice quads.

I've already decided that the next car I buy is going to be an el camino. I just need to figure out some way to make it half-way fuel efficient. I'm thinking diesel engine swap, but I don't know yet.

Pic related is leaf sprung. Car based pickups are normally coil sprung. It makes a difference carrying shit like engines and firewood

Not till the chicken tax is dead
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicken_tax

Praise crony capitalism, bring on the import restrictions and tariffs

but it does look like ass.

The only thing car based about the older generation of coupe utility trucks was the cab. The frame was usually different, or strengthened appropriately, with and with lower gearing.

The Fiat Strada is actually pretty good. The rear suspension is like 4 inches higher than the front because its supposed to bear a load. The bed is steel too, not fucking plastic.

These types of trucks are usually employed by city maintenance crews, or Farmers who want something light thats not an Ape. They are not meant to carry over 400kg and theys why people like them. Because they are light and drive like a car.

A truck with a plastic bed like the Ridgeline is not made for carrying anything other than shopping, or maybe a bicycle. Its also four doors and full of luxury shit.

Well, there were actually some pretty fucking good ones. Then the kikes in detroit shut it the fuck down because they can't stand the thought of worthy competition.

The original coupe ute was an aussie ford anyway, despite what the americans like to think.

> El camino
> Ranchero
> Not utter shit

I would totally get one but...Hyundai.

>arguing for the ridge line
>implying that doesnt make you the numale

Just import a real ute

No like Hyundai?
How about this pinnacle of Korean design.

Chassis from W201 wagon with SLS hydraulic suspension in the rear.
Engine choice is M111 2.3L Kompressor, and OM605 5cyl turbo diesel.
Manufactured in India by TATA 1994-Current for local and export markets.

If you're buying a truck just to haul an ATV around you might as well shoot yourself.

what is this thing?
w201 never was a wagon
only w124 wagons

>Chassis from W201 wagon with SLS hydraulic suspension in the rear.
>Engine choice is M111 2.3L Kompressor, and OM605 5cyl turbo diesel.
yeah, right, go to your room

Why would you want to drive with a trailer all the time? Parking sucks you have to take extra time to hook it up it's easier to load the atv on but not so much that I would call that a benefit. If you don't need the extra cabin space it makes way more sense to just get a truck. Are you actually retarded or just trying to make a pointless argument?

Parking sucks with a truck all the time, with a trailer it only sucks when you have the trailer attached. Also more interior space, better road ride, roughly one and a half times the fuel economy of a truck, and lower taxes. The truck isn't the thing to buy as soon as you could use one, it's the thing to buy if you can't live without one.

Wow you are retarded. Have you ever driven a truck or a vehicle towing a trailer? Trucks aren't hard to park at all unless you have an extended cab with extended bed or a dually. Trucks get comparable mileage to suvs of similar size. A truck with an atv in the back is sure as hell going to get better mpg than a similar sized suv towing a trailer.

>SUV
>being Murrikan
>not driving a sleek black wagon

when families can no longer afford to own a utility vehicle, two town cars and a wrangler for the two weekends a year they take it camping. oh and the two jetskis.

combo vehicles bought new are about utility and budget. someone needs to wake up one day and need a single car for hauling loads and getting to work. right now people can afford a tesla and an f150.

underrated post

except none of that bullshit was true

Its a Tata. The engine was Peugeot derived; N/A XU9 Diesel or similar.

Only the emblem in the center grill is changed. But the headlights and everything else is factory. The styling is very similar to the w201.
Even the shape of the armrest on the door and the instruments in the dashboard are reminiscent of Mercedes.

Its a joke. Don't cry about it, little babby child.

They sold all over Europe. It had a facelift and crew cab model was added somewhere around 2000. Not a bad truck actually.

These ones even went as far as Australia.

Truly Puindaloo's greatest achievement.

>Suv
>Huge wagon
>Implying there's a difference

One is for soccer moms the other is for Germans who own a dog.