Monster Hunter General - /mhg/

Features MH5 should have: Soft-body physics edition

>News
-capcom-unity.com/monster_hunter/blog/2016/07/28/monster-hunter-generations-2016-tour-kicks-off-in-toronto-on-aug-6th
-gematsu.com/2016/08/capcom-announces-tgs-2016-lineup
-siliconera.com/2016/05/16/capcom-new-monster-hunter-game-along-major-titles-planned/

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 / Search
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHFU, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aoKHCMb7rfo
youtube.com/watch?v=jv3FRYvIyOg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

SEEEEEEE YAAAAAAAAA

i was the guy that said "did i join the Veeky Forums room" edition

Continuing the hypothetical

Monsters will still win but good group controlling those god hunters will survive until they've almost killed a half of them.

fifth for electrostimulation

"H-HE'S FAST!"

youtube.com/watch?v=aoKHCMb7rfo

Who Veeky Forums here?

Reposting

I want to try out Lance.

What style and hunter arts should I work with?
Any armor skills I should try to grab or is a standard blademaster set good?
Any notable weapons besides the standard HB/ Tigrex?

>He isn't a solo hunter

lets say they all have 99 lifepowders as well

My gear is pretty Veeky Forums but I can't use NTR in MHG.

>No artillery god

>forgetting your pants is Veeky Forums

God I miss craftsman's specs

Good enough, I guess.

Well I mean if you keep pushing the rules further and further you're just going to end up with a situation where the hunters win. It's hardly a question at that point.

hold the fucking phone

Hero Shield completely negates bullfango charges?

I'm calling bullshit

lifepowders and that's as far as it goes

Even then I still don't think the hunters can win

And if you just say they all have god mode, then they still wont win because they'll time out spending at least 40 of those 50 minutes being tossed around unable to do anything

Seems the answer to the hypothetical is no matter how godly you make the hunters (within game bounds of course), the monsters will still always win.

/mh4u/

Are DB evades supposed to be used for the iframes or as evasion tools?

Are DB viable? Is their damage output high in comparison to other weapons? I want to kill things fast while looking cool and edgy.

>are you selling talismans that might have been tied to sets or something?
That just might be the problem actually

It negates the damage from them, I'm using Seltas armor right now.

Girls, the monster is behind you, stop attacking this way.

>50 minutes to kill every single one of the several hundreds of monsters out there
No fix that now.

Fool, that Naja's her pet, he's attacking with her at the monster in front of the picture that isn't seen

najarala-sized kinsect

Can anyone identify the armor pieces? Please I need to know to satisfy my inner autism

Last time this was posted I'm pretty sure someone said Kirin Horn, Caravaneer's Armlets, Bath Towel torso, and Edel waist and legs.

And I responded that you can't custom pigment the hair of Kirin head

Then just go through your armors or Ping's Dex and see for yourself. It's been days user, don't be so pathetic.

Maybe Tetsu, then? High Metal at an angle? Who knows user, it's a mystery.

I've played 3U, and don't like 4U/X.
What MH should I play now? (Aside from tri)

>just go through your armors
>implying I haven't

>or Ping's Dex
Pings has image previews? What the hell? I thought the issue Athenas had with images is that they're too animated/flashy to properly display or some bullshit

mizu hair??

Redhelm azuros

Do people still play MHGen?

Yes.

Which shot types are best on Gunlance and what do I need to know about heat management. I decided to start collecting those too.

>posting Rukina
(You)

Help me crunch some math here /mhg/

Exactly how much better is Magma Hellblade than Enraged Taurus

Magma Hellblade
200 raw
25 blast
Let's quantify sharpness as arbitrary made up percents based on the eye test (no sharpness+ applied): 10% white, 20% blue, 30% green
+5% affinity
0 slot(s)

Enraged Taurus
190 raw
12 dragon
Going from above: 5% white, 60% blue, 5% green
0 affinity
2 slot (s)

On paper doesn't it seem like the Taurus is better due to massive blue and 2 slots while only being 10 raw lower? Blast vs dragon is a push isn't it?

But how does the actual math stack up?

>Sharpness
>When you have Razor Sharp and Absolute Readiness

Answer the question nigga

And the Taurus

Well for one you don't need to farm snorekarkos for years to make the Hellblade so that pretty much wins by default.

>Wow that quest sure did take a while, let me check kiranico
>Malfestio HYPER Avg HP 8800HP
Well that explains it.
>Attack Scale x3.5
And that explains why I lost a third of my HP from it bumping into me.

You can't compare farming Nakarkos to farming for a deviant weapon.

Also, adding in the extra carves and mines to the rewards and you'll get a decent amount of parts from Nak.
Soloing him is pretty boring, though.

Is there a mod to decrease the size of the p3rd HUD?
In 1080 it's quite jarring

200 white = 264
190 blue =228
Not counting affinity, not counting Razor Sharp and Absolute Readiness, not counting Blast.

200 Blue = 240 and you only stay in blue if you fucked up your Absolute Readiness.

It's quite low quality but that should be, given the way the hair poofs in the back and what appears to be a hairband, the Redhelm Arzuros headpiece. Go check it and see.

You don't need slots for the solmeme set or the ceanataursol suit that gives CE3 and the 5% affinity adds an average of 2.5 raw along with double the white and double the element. The difference is small but it's there. If you don't have a god charm then Taurus is more flexible.

Hero's Talisman negates all effects an enemy move would inflict you if the damage is small enough. That includes blights, knockback, status (yes, Malfestio's scale cloud is no longer a problem) and the damage itself.

It's basically MonHun, comfy mode.

>That weapon description

What is damage is small enough?

If I waltz into a dreadqueen poison pool, would that proc the toxic on me?

Bullfangos don't do chip damage either so they'd probably be hard to negate?

its not tetsu or high metal s/u

its not mizu wtf mizu doesn't even have hair

I had a small ray of hope, went out and hunted a fucking redhelm just to see if this was maybe finally it. But alas, just like Kirin head, you can't custom pigment the hair color of redhelm head.

Sorry then bro, it really is bad quality.

Maybe it's by default black. It can't be sororal either.

The charge blade is the most hyperborean weapon.

>noble sword for charging your volkisch power, symbol of Evropean hierarchy and virtue
>shield for defending yourself and loved ones, symbol of noblesse oblige
>powerful axe blade reminiscent of viking ancestors, discharges might and energy accumulated through Evolian struggle against the harsh environment and monsters
>infinitely chaining combos afford great utility and high cognitive demand as well as disciplined play

Charge blade is perfectly designed for and representative of the noblest spiriutal patricians and guardians of the ancient solar tradition of EVROPA.

You're right it is absolutely hyper boring

>muh phials
>muh aeds

please only watch the first 2 seconds and skip the remainder 6+ mins
youtube.com/watch?v=jv3FRYvIyOg

>CB
>Boring
What weapon do you use

Throwing Daggers. Whatup son

SnS: The Good CB
Not him tho

Chest is Luxury Towel.
Arm is Caravaneer's Armlets
Legs is Edel Waist

HH

I want to BE Meowstress!

Thanks for the responses. I don't have any good charms so I guess the 2 slots from the Taurus is more useful for now but I'll aim for the Hellblade later then.

Can't do much in Gen.

I want to BE the Lagiacrus!

If you can't use Hellblade you can run Infernal Horns with a Blunt set or Panja Sedition, Flash In The Night and Tigrex Sword with HayaSol,

>less utility
>worse damage
>so dumb you can't manage using sheathing AND using items

I tried.

>SnS
>less utility
>worse damage
>than fucking CB
>that grammar

Have you been injecting those Impact Phials into your brain?

Nakarkos's weapons are really only good as a midpoint between end-of-HR and hyper farming, to be honest. Plus, because of how phials work, you want to focus more on raw than sharpness. By all means, use it if you want to, but if you want to try to use the best weapon you can I'd argue to probably aim for the Tigrex or Narga CB, depending on whether you want a more phial-based or crit-based playstyle.

I guess I never thought about it that way

Striker style for SnS? I've only been playing since 3U and have never used the weapon. If Striker, do I just use the two Absolute arts and the uppercut? Also, which oil, assuming a set with: CE + 2, Element Crit, Crit Boost, and Repeat Offender?

What skills should I be going for as a lancist in MH3U? I'm thinking WE, RS and Guard+2?

Giving that bird Hyper is more of a sin IMO than creating Rathalos.

>SnS
>Less utility than literally anything barring maybe LBG
>Worse damage than "My MVs were halved across the board" charge blade

Maybe in a pure-numbers sense, but with all of the openings that SnS gets that CB doesn't, especially in Gen since it lacks the ability to create its own openings from GPs anymore, SnS most likely outdamages it. Especially thanks to Round Force, which takes like, a combo and a half to charge and has MVs comparable to the axe mode double roundslash, along with having the option of using it to interrupt a combo thanks to its i-frames, and Shoryugeki which is 200 stun if the monster stands still for literally a second (and is still a 135 MV and almost guaranteed exhaust stagger if you miss the head, along with free mount damage)

>bird

Malfestio is an owl, not a bird

It's a lot harder to fashion now that Sailor Legs aren't Torso Up anymore. Your only option is Felyne Hairband and that looks meh.

Not a fan of this post

I didn't find it too bad other than the bloated HP. Then again I was using bow, if I was a blademaster the charging would be more annoying.

That reminds me I wonder how the boomerang would have worked as a main weapon.

You get a pass

SnS is boring but those oils are fucking retarded, nothing in the game can stop you from laying the heat.

Drop Evasion and replace it with Round Force, because it has its own i-frames and charges almost as fast.
Readiness and Shoryugeki are solid choices, though, yeah. Also: don't use RF III online, it launches your teammates.
>which oil
>set with nothing but crit-based skills
Affinity oil. It's pretty much always the best choice, unless you're very capable at hitting the head enough for a KO, but then you'd want to switch back to affinity oil anyway. And if you have Shoryugeki, you don't need the stamina oil.

>SnS is boring
It's literally the most aggressive weapon in the game
I don't know how you could think that

Uppercut is complete ass

>tfw switching to CB after over 2000 HH uses

>having 110% affinity

Imagine doing that as CB.

To be fair, you can just Adept the bubbles and you're then immune to it

>being 135 words mad
chill out nigga, we get that your insecure about your inferior choices

Nice retort, user
You really showed that guy who wrote up a reasonable response to your dumb post

I ain't mad tho, mate. I don't actually post very often specifically because I go off on tangents and type out far-too-long posts