/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic the Hedgehog General. Let's talk about Sonic games, old and new, and the entire franchise including animation and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, etc.

/sthg/ - #567 - Egg Lackey Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews/DevelopmentsRecent and Upcoming Releases

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11227111
youtu.be/Mg-SdiLc2Es
youtu.be/bPBKIhm1Gs4
youtu.be/KeJdbet-ros
youtube.com/watch?v=qeW0NnkoAU8
youtube.com/watch?v=Nfuv444YAxk
youtube.com/watch?v=MuVAaU63K7k
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

fast

Ribbit

I want to meet Sonic, shake his hand, and call him slow.

Which lackey is best lackey and why is it Snively?

Snively is best lackey

Do you wear Sonic clothes and merchandise while you're out in public?

I am not at all against turning the important human characters into Mobians.

No, I don't mean Eggman, he isn't important.

I sometimes wear this but it's kinda small for my big head

No Sonic, but I wore this while doing errands today

No.

indubitably

>mobians

Yes.

I'm wearing a Sonic shirt right now, although underneath a button-up.

>Sonicsworldians

wtf I like Elise now

>Sonic-Worldians

Probably because she looks less like an alien, there.

Making Elise an animal would fix a few things but still wouldn't salvage the game.
Maria is literally related to eggman. It's fine that she's a human in that context. Also that maria pictured looks way to badass to die like she does.

Wow, Elise actually looks kind of cute-
>Eggman
>Not important
And into the trash it goes.

Snively can be best lackey Thunderbolt has bigger plans

Now I see why Eggman covers his eyes. They clearly have GIANT unwieldy blue eyes. It's probably super jarring

I have a Shadow the Hedgehog T-shirt but it's too small for me now. I only wore it at anime cons anyway.

Have any of Chris?

Eggman belongs to Eggman

Anyone have that one image where she has a room full of Eggman stuff? An Eggman bed, an Eggman poster, Eggman action figures...girl wants it bad.

So why is Thunderbolt such a fangirl for Eggman?

I think it could work, given the proper tweaking.

First, you'd have to do away with the kissing and anything that isn't handholding or bridal carry (can't have any of the characters displaying feelings, after all. Who feels things these days?). Then you'd have to emphasize the fact that her just being there already puts her closer to Sonic than Amy ever was during the whole time they've known each other.

Because Eggman is perfect in every way

because she has good taste

So how would you design the perfect anti-Super Sonic machine /sthg/?

lots of blatant weakpoints and a self destruct switch, optional escape pod

Add a giant magnet onto it that attracts rings.

A machine that would endlessly force feed Sonic chili dogs.

We already had it, just needed a containment facility in the middle of the sun.

I wish for Boom Sonic to be in Project Sonic 2017

This is what you're getting

not even boku and deku

A card that says "secret location of the ultimate chili-dog on other side" on both sides.

We keep forgetting to actually copy the link to that Green Hill Paradise trailer instead of just the title in the OP.

I think it might be like that to avoid copies.

Probably more due to how 4chanX deals with YouTube links and how the OP is mostly a copy/paste deal.

I think it's one of our bakers that keeps doing that. It's been fixed before.

>an alternate reality Maria that is 1. a hedgehog, and 2. kicks more ass than shadow
You do not know how down I am for that

we don't need more hedgehogs

I always liked the silly role-reversal idea where Shadow is killed on the arc and Maria becomes the edgy villain of SA2.

Well Shadow was originally female in concept.

Echidna, bandicoot, blonde raccoon...doesn't matter, really.

what about a Pangolin they can also curl into a ball

Would you anons want Amy playable in Mania with the her Sonic Advance moveset, like shown in this hack.

strawpoll.me/11227111

We need more hedgehog GIRLS. Because Amy's starting to form a Harem.

yes
I think for a time I considered making a oc called pulse the Panglolin

>Harem anime with Amy
I'd watch it

I'd rather have Metal, but she's fine too.

I don't expect either to be playable.

If you give me a brief description I'll draw it for you, I have my tablet out anyways

das cute

Metal Sonic would be a pretty cool character.

No. I honestly don't real like her moveset for Advance. The problem being it's too slow. Amy needs to stop to swing her hammer and can only attack once in midair so she has to pinpoint swing. If I was going to make her fit more into classic style I'd
>Keep her peelout run, hammer attack, her hammer jump and her hammer drop.
>Change her hammer swing so that you can swing it multiple times in one jump. Hold the button so you can swing it more than once, and allow her to preform it after bouncing off of springs.
>Allow her to do a horizontal hammer swing using momentum like sonic's spin.Either as a quick swing or constant spinning motion following the momentum of her dash.

Other than that i'd be fine with it, but amy's slow style of gameplay has always been a bit of a turnoff for me. It feels anti-sonic.

Speaking of living pinecones, what exactly do you think Tails did with this thing?

yes Amy is cute

I forgot this was looped and just zoned out while watching this

Have some pseudo-OCs, courtesy of some guy awhile back.

Yeah that sounds like a good update to her moves from that game.
>allow her to preform it after bouncing off of springs.
I don't know why all character can't attack after bouncing off springs, they did once in triple trouble and never again. Sonic Mania should add it back.

Which one is the worst boss of the classic trilogy and why is it this faggot??

>Why take unnecessary risks to possibly marginally improve the quality of the least important aspect of the game?
If you're always afraid of moving forward because of the risks in doing so, nothing will EVER get done. Ironically, Sonic's games have the same mentality he does. The past is the past but now it's time to move forward and see what else there is in store for us.
>great chance of it backfiring
Yeah, like there's a great chance of another Adventure style plot backfiring. I highly doubt that considering how many little gremlins would eat it up in the first place but also because of how long Sonic Team has had to take in thoughts on those games and their mistakes in titles that came after those.
>like incredibly deep philosophical arguments
Which none of the Sonic games have gone into at all. The most complex thing in Sonic so far has been the time travel shit in 06 and not even adults can figure than one out, followed by Sonic's ideology in Black Knight, followed by Shadow/Gerald's revenge for Maria in SA2 in that order. Kids are not fucking stupid and they will pick up on themes and morals and values and all this other shit and the shit that they don't pick up or they weren't meant to pick up at a young age will dawn on them later in life.
And don't even act like anything Sonic related except 06, Heroes, and LW had performances anywhere near the level of bad the Naruto dub had.
>having voiced cutscenes are overly ambitious
Uh, no. Not at all, m8. It would be overly ambitious if it tried to explore advanced philosophy, morals, or ethics or tried too hard to relate to some controversial topical shit of the time.

It doesn't matter how the hell the public views Sonic, Sonic Team should do their best to make every aspect of their games as good as possible and achieve the vision they have for it and thinking otherwise is basically telling them to quell their vision because people might say mean things again.
Sorry.

youtu.be/Mg-SdiLc2Es

Fuck this one.

That boss is fun as fuck though
Fuck this one though.

Fuck Wing Fortress in general.

youtu.be/bPBKIhm1Gs4

Maybe it's because I remember the trailer, or maybe it's because I like the game, but the actual song pumps me up more than the instrumental.

>Cankles the Kangaroo
>Unlike Photon I don't Rankle
Give the guy who drew this a check

Lucky for you there's the best of both worlds
youtu.be/bPBKIhm1Gs4

Fuck this boss and everyone involved in its creation.

What the hell I know I copied the right link
youtu.be/KeJdbet-ros

Do people really have this much trouble with the boss?

That's not Metropolis Zone.

Endless Possibility is so good

The entirety of Unleashed's aesthetic (both music and graphics) are so good they still haven't been properly matched.

Well, it was conceived by Tomoya Ohtani, performed by the lead singer of Bowling For Soup and the Perfect Dark Gaia version was performed by the Tokyo Trans-Philharmonic Orchestra. It's the perfect trifecta.

If we're talking specifically bosses, it's not so bad. i've never managed to beat it witout getting it at least once though.

Actually I have to add that Jared made the lyrics himself as well.

It's not that bad once you get the hang of it, but studying the pattern for the first time was a bitch.

Labyrinth

Amy is cool

okay Wrapped in Black or Endless Possibilities
youtube.com/watch?v=qeW0NnkoAU8

fuck it post your favorite end game boss music

What the fuck is that and where can I buy it

Fuck that pit.

>Let's do it to~it
what did she mean by this?

youtube.com/watch?v=Nfuv444YAxk
About as intense as you can get on the Genesis. The Project Chaos remix was kind of mediocre (although the "Electric Eye" riff at the end is a nice touch). Maybe I'm just desensitized to riff-heavy metal after listening to too much Sun O))).

>post your favorite end game boss music
There can be only one.

youtube.com/watch?v=MuVAaU63K7k

posted it.

I have never beaten Heroes but I love this soundtrack so much

As a kid, I only ever owned Sonic 2, but I rented 3 and Knuckles (separately) a few times. After this, I never played a newer Sonic game, nor was I really aware of much from them, until my mom spontaneously got me Heroes for GC from a bargain bin somewhere. My mind was blown when I first heard this song start playing.

Easily one of the worst final boss songs in Sonic.

This is terrible bait