/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

FRC Edition

Previous thread: >Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

Reiterpallasch

>After several builds, finally make Skill/BLT with Chikage and Evelynn
>It's the most fun I've had since my blind first playthrough

I don't know how to feel about this.

What have I become?

Sounds like a German insult.

>What have I become?

A cuck and an edgelord.

TRIGGERED

Any advice for defiled Amygdala, famygdala? I just got my fucking ass wiped. I beat the main quest one on my first try and I remember it being kind of easy.

>Chikage
>bland moveset with health degen
>fun

Anyone want to run through dungeons? New character, currently BL 60, don't want to deal with the tedium on my own.

Bait moves that get his head down and smack him on the dome, or if you're an arc build just throw brews or moonbeams at his head. When he gets to phase three, slip up under his crotch and wait for him to jump, then step over to a little past where the end of his tail was and he'll land right over you, and you can hit him on the chin once or twice depending on how fast your weapon is.

He's actually really easy once you get everything down, you just need to be patient.

>edgelord

I've been invading in Byrgenwerth, always 1 v 2s, and walking slowly towards the host and their summon.

Then doing the sheathe and unzip when they rush me.

I love it

I think the weapon is stylish, the blood on swings is really satisfying. I liked the HMLS for similar reasons.

How do I get his head down? I have the tricked axe and he'll bring it down but just barely out of reach. I don't think I really figured that out the first time either, I think I just pounded his legs a bunch but that hardly does anything to this one.

Lady Maria fight is pretty fun. She kept wrecking my shit when I tried to parry spam, so I popped Old Hunter's Bone and fought her legit.

This game could have really done with a boss rush mode in one of the chalice dungeons or something.

His arms take good damage, bait his swipe attacks, some leave leave him with his head down, but you have to be very quick

It's all in the spacing. He only does certain moves when you're a certain distance away- or he's more likely to use them, at least. So you need to get at a distance where he'll use big slammy moves and then you get in with a running heavy, since the Axe gets an overhead if I'm remembering right.

Only ever played BB. Just got DS2 (Scholar). Is it bad or is it just me dismissing this too early?

Hmm I'll just have to figure out that distance. It's easy to stay alive here if you're not trying to attack but with that stunted health he does hit like a truck if you fuck up. Thanks bros.

I'm up for some spelunking.
What Pass?
and
What dungeon?

Not sure but I just bought DS3 and that's my first besides Bloodborne so let me know how that goes and I'll let you know how 3 goes. I'm trying to plat Bloodborne first though. I'm fairly close.

Dark Souls 2 is a fine game, it just isn't a Souls game.

If you're looking for something close to Bloodborne's quality though, I'd suggest you look elsewhere.

DaS 2 does some things right and other things wrong. It's a fine game, but you shouldn't go into it with really high expectations.

get your ADP up to at least 20

I knew I wouldn't like it as much because I'm not a huge fan of the medieval type setting but damn. This is nowhere near BB.

pass is bbg1.

First Pthumeru, but I can rush through to Central if you want to start there.

>try to make a boy. End up making the prettiest looking girl ever in my history of Souls.
>Still male
How the fuck do these sliders even work.

I'm willing to join from the beginning

user, that looks like a sentient bruise

Okay, cool. Ringing.

It's your first Souls game, yeah? The combat is much slower and more methodical than Bloodborne's. Both of them have their moments, I think.

That's pretty gay tbqhwy but your question about the sliders still stands.

Yeah all I've played is BB. It seems far slower.

BMA repeater is great for phase 3 but mine was at +9 with story bt gem.

never thought I would see another beast this horrific as Lucifer's girl character.

My guns suck cock because my tinge sucks cock. I use the hunter pistol for parrying but I don't have anything capable of real damage. Looking forward to coming back and trying a BLT build sometime though because I've been wondering what I'm missing out on.

I'm a faggot so it all works out but fuck these sliders are a bitch to work. When I make actual girls the come out retarded but when I make a dude, bam, dick sucking lips and pretty eyes. I don't get it.

Souls games are much, much slower. It's about pacing yourself, lots of patience and strategy. Bloodborne is moreso about reaction and thinking on the fly.

Repeater with bma still does around 600 on 8 bt,dmg might be higher after you wound his head. Phase three just sit back and shoot.

>doesn't have his trait sliders set all the way to feminine

For some reason doing max feminine makes their faces fat

>sliders aren't slid all the way to fugly

Man, that's embarrassing.
Ringing again.

Hey guys, I want to recreate my DaS1 pvp build as much as possible, I know that the BB meta is different, and it's been a couple of months since I played so right now I bet what I remember is outdated as fuck, so I'd like some help.

Basically my DaS1 build went like this

Ricard's rapier (So Reitherpallasch is a must)
Pyro flame

Parry Dagger
Darkmoon talisman

Hornet's ring
Flip Ring

Black Flame to fuck with shields
WotG as a oh fuck button
Darkmoon blade because muh damage
Great Magic Barrier to tell magic users to fuck off

I had like 10 vit and the rest was in DEX/END/FAI to do as much damage as possible.

So as you can see I'd like to be able to deal as much damage with buffs, but also have magic to fuck with what people use the most (black magic, shields for example in DaS1).

Empty Phantasm Shell and Beast Roar to replace Darkmoon Blade and WotG I guess? I know that the Reitherpallasch allows you to be able to use other shit in your off hand since the trick mode lets you also parry, what could I use for utility then? Rosemary? Tonitrus?

Oh shit, I was going to ask also, besides the Evelyn what is another good gun to use for utility? Like is the Blunderbuss good? or does the Loch Shield have any good uses in meta? Mybe Fist of Gratia even?

Had to step away for a few to stuff a gyro into my face but shit, I may have to try this. After trying a few guns, I honestly kinda forgot about them because I just figured my stats are too shitty for them to matter. If I was wrong about that, great.

Waste of Skin: 40/9/10/50/10/50 would leave you at 119. If you want to go lower you could take some points off of Vitality but I wouldn't recommend it. Hunter Pistol is still decent, you won't get much damage with it but it's better for parries than Blunderbuss in my opinion. If you want damage out of your guns then a BMA Repeating Pistol would do okay damage.

Jesus Christ, come on, I just ate.

Only 9 END, am reading that right? Why so low? ISn't 40 the cap where you don't get more stamina points?

goddamnit
i gotta go

good luck on the spelunk

You don't need much Endurance, especially for something like the Reiter, because individual attacks and dodging need way less stamina than in Dark Souls. The only time you should increase it is if you're using a heavy weapon, and even then it's not entirely necessary.

Yeah, Endurance isn't as important in this game as the others due to low stamina consumption and Stamina Runes. Best to put the points into damage instead.

OP again realize I am trying to make a Dark Souls build here, that's why I am asking for advice.

Also I don't care much about vit since my DaS1 build had like 500hp, also I thought you die in 1 hit in BB anyways because of gems?

No problem, thanks for joining me.

I realize* fuck shit damn.

So I should go with the lowest I can? I'm not being memed on am I? Yeah I've played the game vanilla and with the hunter's cane I could play just well with base END.

Yeah, only put points into End if you have nothing else to spend them on. Besides, you can get a 15% up Stamina rune from the base game and a 20% from chalices, so there's no need to have it higher than base, especially for pvp.

You won't get one-shotted even with the best gems as long as you have 40-50 Vitality. Like I said before, low stamina consumption and stamina runes means Endurance is kinda useless, basically a luxury/dump stat. Vitality and damage is way more important.

Anyone feel like helping me with defiled Amygdala? I can't figure out what I'm doing here.

Pass?

I could. Set a pass and I'll ring there.

Okay so right now I've got

Noble Scion

7/8/9/50/50/46

Reiterpallasch
No idea

Evelyn
Whatever the fuck? Maybe Tonitrus

Old Hunter bone to replace ninja flip?
Beast Roar
Old phantasm Shield
Executioner Gloves for more oppresive offense?

Any other good "spells"? What's another good 2 hand weapon I could use with that much skl/btg/arc? Chikage and the other weeaboo katana?

Like I said I don't care much about HP, I want a glass cannon build, I want to have as much utility and deal as much damage as I can.

Inb4

>oh shit nigger what are you doing?

bbg5

Thanks niggas

Also I end up at 120 with those stats, should I bump ARC to 50 too or would that fuck me over form summoning and shit? I remember people in the 125 range could still invade 120s in DaS1.

>tfw you spend so much time and effort trying to make a build but you just can't get the feel for the weapon
I really tried to like Logarius's Wheel, man. I don't know what it is about it, but it's just not clicking.

I don't get the hype with that one either. Not sure if I'm just not using it right or what but it seems boring.

>Literally a fuck wheel
>Boring

The hype is that it's a goddamn wheel, what is there not to get?

oh shit nigger what are you doing?

Only one weeb katana in the game. You're probably thinking of the Rakuyo, which is a pretty overpowered weapon. Consider putting some points into strength to use the HMLS, it's pretty powerful and though it mainly scales with strength, skill will do fine as well. Burial Blade is a pretty fun skill weapon, though its Arc scaling is shit and only exists to stop you from buffing it. Accursed Brew is great for combos with the glove.

Kek it just doesn't have interesting moves. Unless, again, I'm doing it wrong. Which I could be!

Oh yeah HMLS, loved using that thing in DaS1, and this version is pretty rad, are the beams in this game good to fuck with people? I loved exploding people to make them fall off edges in DaS1.

It's all about how you use the weapons mang.

Alsop here's my waifu, did I do gud?

Not that user, but I'll give some input.

It isn't the moveset for me, definitely not that it's boring. I thought the weapon maybe was too slow for me, but I run around with a Kos Parasite so I'm not sure anymore.

>those complimenting green and red tones in the eyes and cheeks/lips respectively and the subtle brown-red of the hair
That actually looks real nice, user. Love the colour theory there.

Glass Cannon builds aren't as viable in this game as they were in the Souls games unless you were Twinking. Get Vitality to at least 40, don't bother with the Evelyn and 50 Bloodtinge if you want to work with Skill for Reiter and Arcane for Hunter Tools. Just do 40/9/10/50/10/50.

If you wanted really high damage then get 18 Strength for the Stake Driver and 50 Arcane to convert it to fire. Throw Oil Urns at shit and use the tricked charged R2s. Just don't be a goober and get sub-40 Vitality, we've had a couple in our FCs and they did real poorly.

Wow man I didn't think anyone would notice the red in the hair from the quality of the image, yeah I spent a lot of time in my characters, thanks.

Also can I go up to 125 in this game also or should I stop at 120?

Nobody for defiled famygdala?

I'm ringing but nothings habbening

I'll come help, though I think he's easier alone. Pass?

I would, but my internet a shit so I'd probably get animation cancelled six ways 'til Sunday.

But I really want to use the Evelyn user...

Also I want to deal as much damage as I can with the stuff that I want, not just deal as much damage as humanly possible.

Also fuck it I'll try not to get hit, that's what I did in DaS1 anyways.

Balls. Let me try reloading the area... Give me like ten secs and ring again

>try not to get hit
Prepare to be memed on by Wheeldash spam.

Someone post END Yourself's build. Now that's a glass cannon.

I'm ringing as well and haven't gotten anything. I can AFK ring for a bit but he really is easier alone, especially if you're blt or arc.

I will savor this pain.

Also does the HMLS explosions and shit still work even if you don't have fill the requirements ? Like do they knock people over? Can you even use it without the requirements?

You can't even equip weapons in BB if you don't have the requirements.

Fuck I forgot if it was and read somewhere that it was possible

Fuck the internet.

>DaS2
>Strategy
Why did that poor soul even buy that fucking game it isn't even canon.

Thanks my dudes, couldn't really even follow what you guys were doing tbqh, I just whiffed a lot.

How do I know which version of a weapon is best? I'm using a HMLS with 16 strength and 50 arcane and I'm not sure if I should be using lost or uncanny.

>it isn't even canon.

50 Bloodtinge just for the Evelyn and some damage on Reiter shots is dumb when you've got Arcane tools. Just roll with the Repeating Pistol for damage instead. Convert whatever pure physical weapon to fire and throw oil urns if you don't want to use the Stake Driver, Rakuyo and Beasthunter Saif are some good options. The ol' "just don't get hit" meme won't work well here.

Blt or arc makes it easy. I just shot at his head with the bowblade until he died.

Hey, I won twice out of a dozen fights or so, that's not too bad at 20 vit.

You're welcome ;)

Ah yeah I did see that. First time seeing that weapon. I have it but can't equip it. I'm a Str build. I kept missing my chances at his head somehow. But yeah do you recommend the bowblade in general or did you just pick it for that fight for the cheese?

The bowblade is indeed very good, suffers a bit from the untransformed being a bit mediocre unless you go full 50 skl, but it is good. The arrows do a lot of damage and it is a really good weapon for ranged cheeses.

It is also very good against amgydala because he takes bonus damage to the head, and even more when his head breaks. A ranged weapon like the bowblade or the hmls R2 allows you to get as much hits in before he heals his head as possible

Why go to Lower Loran as this diagram says if there are no materials needed? Says the same for defiled but there I needed the chalice. What am I not seeing fampaitachi?

>tfw I've died to END Yourself every time but once

Should I take his name's advice?

Sick, I'm gonna pay a skill character at some point (wish NG+ had allowed a respec) so I'll check it out. Thanks again dude.

The bow damage scales off bloodtinge.

Kek I was killing him this past Saturday but he was definitely weird to fight. What weapon(s) were you using? Axe for me and I think my reach probably made his mobility less of an advantage for him. I'm a PvP newfag though so I might not even know what I'm talking about.

I had the Burial Blade, think part of my problem was the fact that I couldn't one-shot him with any powerful attack cause shit gems, and Burial Blade has a deceptively small range. But I'm a newfag myself so I don't know.

Also the fucking phantom range on the wheel-dash.

I hope this game gets PS4 Pro support.

What is that? I've seen it mentioned but I haven't bothered to ask until now.

PS4Pro won't give Bloodborne 4k 60fps because it's a multiplayer game.