Let's get to know each other

I'm curious about the demographic of Veeky Forums. ~99% will be male and the larger part will be american but I'm interested in your age, profession and how you deal with cars.

About me
>24years old
>european
>studying physics
>owning only a neat looking econobox at the moment because studying
>plan on getting more tools and a neater car after finishing, maybe look for a job in the automotive industry

Sasuga datamining Hiro-kun!

Cool car racing
Race them if they are cool
>:)

>20
>Jamaican/Puerto Rican
>Studying Automotive Technology, want to transfer for Mechanical Engineering
>Drive a Matrix for work, 560SEL in storage atm
>Need money for new motorcycle and tools
>I love driving and wrenching. Other stuff too, but mainly just that.

>18
>Mexican/Guatemalan
>studying small engine repair
>drive an old Celica
>I work on my own car, mostly cause it's a pretty simple car

>20
>Study Urban Planning
>Work at traffic engineering firm
>Drive a Prelude because fun car that won't break the bank while going to school
>Dream of a slightly used GT350 once I'm a couple years out of school

>20 years old
>Murican
>Work as middle-management in a upscale restaurant
>Saved up and bought a used German luxobarge to fit in with coworkers
>tfw there was a time where I was about to buy an STI

>25
>germany
>electrical engineer
>drive a 2015 volvo v40 t5
>only let the dealer change oil because muh warranty

>20
>Eastern Europe
>studying IT
>own an old base model BMW E36 316i
>love driving, want to get into wrenching but no tools, no garage and no money

American
Boilermaker Journeyman
Own a '98 Jeep Wrangler, '14 Harley Sportster and a '14 Mustang GT Premium
Into heavy modification. The only original drivetrain and suspension component on the Wrangler is the transfer case. I have plans to install a 1250 kit on my Sportster to take it from 40 to 100hp and I plan to upgrade the drivetrain on the Mustang and turbocharge it. Some day I'd like to get a Triumph Daytona 675 sport bike and something JDM to make into a sweet drifter/Itasha

>About me
years old
>>American
>>studying international business
>don't study cars but have a deep and personal love for cars
>>owning only a ugly ass looking econoshitbox at the moment because studying
>>plan on getting more tools and a neater car after finishing, hopefully pic related since it's my dream car

Canadian
Machinist apprentice, now laid off since industry sucks now. Might do industrial design if nothing comes up
currently selling my shitbox 94' 325i for new car, missed out on buying a nice jzx100
little tools and no space for a toolbox in the garage
can't do much but basic maintenance and can't get under the car because I don't have jack stands
never owned or drove any fwd but though I do want to modify a kei-car to go fast for giggles.

>claiming 2 nations at once.

you are what your father is fag, it does not matter what your mother is and i can prove it to you using the bible (numbers 1:18) so be a edgy fedora fag and tell me you dont believe what the bible says

23yrs old
hispanic american
i do building maintenance
i own a 09 honda accord
i used to be a mechanic but fuck that! keep it as a hobby and not a living. this field is not nice to newcomers. everybody is greedy and selfish.

>maybe look for a job in the automotive industry

pls dont. if you are studying physics why the fuck do you want to turn a wrench for a living? everybody says being a mechanic was better back then

26 y.o. male w/ '95 MX-5
>Heart of Dixie, USA
>Software Engineer
>Daily amphetamine / morphine user
>I've been posting here since 2009
I've been racing legally and illegally in various forms since the week I turned 16. I can legitimately drift (not just powerslide) and I'm confident enough in my ability that I do it in traffic pretty damn frequently. I had an STi that I constantly datalogged and tuned, I know what I'm doing. I'm currently working in a full-vehicle assembly plant minimizing failure rates by data mining and correlating certain occurrences with failures in the field.

>29
>American
>Graduate student in the biosciences
>Has owned superbikes, supersports, supermotos, nakeds, and one "adventure touring" bike. I generally work on them myself, and only take them to a mechanic when a job requires buying equipment that makes the repair more expensive than just paying someone else to do it.

you can buy nice camaros for like $15-20k

then it's just a matter of of taking it all apart, cleaning it up and painting it, and putting it back together with some love and care

>18
>slav in america
>work odd jobs, farming now
>mk4 TDI with plenty of aftermarket
>buying a house soon

US
2007 VW GLI
Information Security Engineer
Work on the bits of my car that I'm comfortable with, take it to my shop for everything else. Since it's my daily even though I can work from home its not in my best interest to.

23 year old American dude
Military
My dd is a 2002 Alero that my dad bought for himself when I was 15 then gave to me.
This 1965 Impala SS is my project car. I bought it in March. About a month ago I drove it halfway across the country, and in my victory lap, it blew a tire and caught fire.
I plan on restoring it fully with my dad, who lives just a few hours from base. I also want an old truck later down the line that I can wrench on while away from home but I haven't decided what I want yet. Preferably a truck to go muddin in.

>21
>male, white
>Phoenix Arizona
>daily drive an 81 c10, beat up work truck
>my 2 stroke dirtbike is street legal as a back up vehicle and for when I wanna ride to trails close to home instead of load into the truck
>in community college getting an associates degree
>work at discount tire
>want a Harley and an old nova because I have a kid and need 4 doors and a Harley for Arizona shit. We have the biggest Harley dealer in the world

>20
>american, from california, live in colorado now
>work as a small engine mechanic and market rezearcher for a technical app thing
>drive this 1965 F250, looking for another DD like a honda element
>fix lawnmowers and shit all day and always been decent with vehicles, just got a bitching makita impact

plans
>currently want to build a 351w, need to get a block, going with GT40 heads
>want 9.8:1 compression at the least
>long tubes
>medium hydraulic cam
>hopefully port the heads myself
>edelbrock performer RPM intake
>750cfm holley or edelbrock 4bbl
>stock crank
>stock oiling
>aluminum big ass radiator

>20 yrs. old
>East Coast, US
>Studying accounting/auditing
>Own a nice shitbox
>No money/job till september but really enjoy driving auto so excited to buy a second (first manual) car in a year should finances permit

>30
>hispanic/german
>airplane mechanic
>15 prius c
Fuck off i commute 93 miles roind trip daily
>wanting to get a sporty car. I had my 05 celica which i loved
>working on a beat up 06 civic juat for fun

Life is good. Cant complain.

>25
>new zealand
>nursing student / psych aide
>daily a 90 honda, VTEC YO, JDM BRO
>wrx also, will hopefully make it to the track once I sort big brakes

>24
>merica
>study computer engineering
>only have a non working project car
>no plans for anything
>mabey the happening will happen before I have to get a job

>18
>American
>Saab 900
>Dream car (modest dreams)
>Studying electrical engineering
>Hopefully land a job in communications technologies/automotive systems after getting degree from psu.

ok but which eva girl is your favorite

>19
>American
>work as a cashier at grocery store and don't make shit
>11 Galant 05 Shadow VLX
>gonna get a CDL but most trucking jobs require you to be 21 or older

raimu is best grill

>28 years young
>Italian
>Truck driver/Professional masturbator
>AE86
>Will pick up a daily driver come winter, fix the rust on my '86, cams, ecu and tune.

>24
>American
>BSB in Economics. over a year and 330 Apps out and no luck. Working odd jobs in the meantime.
>Has been driving large vans since highschool. (95 Plymouth Voyager and then a Ford Flex)
>Only recently got into cars. Looking to expand my tool bench. Looking to learn more, and eventually get something smaller, speedier, and without huge rear pillars.

>18 years old
>Make America Great Again
>Chem major
>daily a '75 CB125 for dat mpg
>resell JY parts on ebay for $$$

Thinking about reserves next year to help with tuition. May retrofit my Jeep to cut rent costs. Currently researching to see if I can run the bike off woodgas profitably. Jeep needs a NV3500 swap so I can fit in with muh manual memeboys, and a front axle because you can't have a 2wd jeep.

>23 next month
>Murikan
>Senior year for marketing
>Thinking of selling my 370z for an E92 335i/C6 Corvette (still undecided) within a year

>Airplane mechanic
>'06 Civic.

You should spoil yourself with an Elise or a Nismo 370Z or something with that kind of money, user.

>Chem Major
Very sad to say. You're going to have to make a choice between jeep parts and textbooks.

>20
>Latvian (poorfag country lol)
>about to beging studies in logistics and transportation
>own a decent car atm, pic related, owned 8 cars total in my lifetime already
>Want to buy a BMW M car after I finish

Dodek?

Another cancerous off topic thread to report.

piss off furfaggot

sage and reported

>Avatarfag

Likewise. Enjoy your ban,

Can't ban a moderator, retard.

>16 hours this semester
>classes back-to-back 8am - 6pm every day
>online assignments have me buy $600 'books' every semester

Hence living in my car and driving on free craigslist wood. The pain has just began.

>19
>Red-blooded American
>Studying organic chemistry
>Parents bought me a new Ford Fiesta ST
>Working 12 hr days at a unionized construction job trying to save up money to eventually pay them back
>Don't have the tools or the space to work on my car
>I spent $10k I had saved-up from working throughout high school on guns, car mods, accessories, etc
>I'm a fucking faggot

>$600 'books'
Arrr m80, raise the jolly roger and plunder your required texts from the internet.
Anything you cant find a pdf for, you can check out from the school library and take pictures of it with your phone.
Use the cash you save to buy rum.

He's not a mod, just some tard with unlimited IPs to shitpost from.

American
Female
NEET
Only own one car, a Del Sol that I do rallyx, amateur rally when I get the rare chance, and some nighttime touge
Go Karter since I was 8
Been working on and driving cars since I was 14, at 18 I got a hand me down del sol which I immediately set out to race prep and have raced it in various ways ever since
Current project
>fixing up an old evo 8 with friends to bump up into awd class

>23
>'merican
>successful real esate agent
>22 year old volvo
>probably going to kill myself

now laid off now, because now my employer says now because now i repeat words now im now worthless on site now because now i cant communicate like a human now anymore now

>26 yo
>American from NC
>was too afraid of debt from culinary school so im a photojournalist for the Navy
>just got into a VW love it. Used to build freightliner trucks and maintained my honda. Don't think i will buy new tools for the VW.

>37
>Ameriburger but also work in Switzerland
>U.S. Army Ret. + computer networking + MSc. in aquatic physics with satellite hyperspectral radiometry
>1956 Cadillac Sedan Deville, 1991 BMW E30, 2003 BMW E39, 2009 BMW E91
>I've owned all kinds of cars from classic imports (asian and european) to modern domestics, asian and euopean. I'll drive them for about 18 months to two years then sell. I am always looking for a model that I can at the very least, resell for what I paid for, and I never buy new. I like cars, I like working on cars, I like working on other peoples cars, but don't consider myself a car guy.

>probably going to kill myself

hey at least you have a plan for the future most americans can't say that.

Canadian
Tree worker
Ride zx6r and have shitbox car because raincouver weather sucks half the year
Been wrenching since I was a kid me and my mechanic best friend are flipping cars for profit. Though we make more money selling easy woodworking projects we do from shit I cut down

>20 years old
>Australian, although if I take this guy's word for truth, I'm actually New Zealander
>Currently doing a traineeship that manages and maintains air traffic control systems, finish at the end of the year and start proper work soon after
>DD an AE82 Twin Cam with a 16V 4A-GE and 5 speed, starting to get a little expensive to maintain though, lots of things need fixing. Currently rebuilding a Jap import AE86 Trueno with a 20 valve silvertop conversion in my garage as well.
>Want to go to university and get a degree, move to the United States and get a nice job, DD an old truck and ship my AE86 over

>Female

Lies

>25
>ameriburger
>working my way through flight school toward ATP
>2016 taco
>plan on keeping the taco until it dies and spending money on an airplane instead

>18
>American (White)
>Going to college for aerospace engineering starting this fall
>Drive a Subaru Legacy 2.5i Sedan
>Nothing big planned car-wise at the moment

>22 year old
>American, blyatistan immigrant
>Trust fund babby
>License currently suspended for medical reasons
>Drive 72 Type 181 VW Kubelwagen, 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek 2.0 Manual, 2015 Mercedes GLK 250 BlueTec
>Work on my VW and Subaru, take Merc into a shop

When I say automotive industry I don't mean I want to become a mechanic. More the engineering type in research and development. Currently I'm working on ion beam technology but have aerospace engineering as minor subject and engineering seems pretty damn cool. Feel like I should have gone for studying machine engineering five years ago, not physics.

I never understood why you have to buy books in the first place. We have a large university library where we can lend pretty much every book we need for up to 3 months.

>25
>Naturalized American, born in Europe
>Military
>2014 IS250

Eat shit

>25
>amerifat
>deliver shit for a living
>2002 Passat
>I don't know why I did this to myself, I'd have been better off saving for a used Vette by now

>22
>Philippines
>med school
Down here motorcycle drivers are literally the scum of the earth, and I have to walk among them simply because I don't want to spend on a car until I graduate and my dad gave me this for free

>20
>NZ
>studying comp sci
>own the roughest mx5 ive seen
>do the easy stuff myself but no garage so anything that will take longer than a few hours i avoid for my mechanic friend.

i've given myself rules about what i do to my car, which is probably why its so shit. being a poorfag uni student with a >fiance i barely have any free money to put to my car, so i have a plan on what i want to do and refuse to do anything apart from keeping the car alive in the mean time.
e.g. could spend my time removing flaky clear coat and cut 'n' polishing it but i wanna repaint it in the very distant future so not gonna bother,

>18
>Norway
>In the army
>Don't own car

will prob get a car next year

Ayyyy same here famalam.

>23
>Germanfag
>Med school
>Toyota Yaris

>American living in Japan
>25
>a fucking white male
>currently active USAF, getting medically retired then going to college for computer science or business, haven't decided yet
>also looking into importing and exporting cars
>currently have 5 shitboxes, a 01 C35 Laurel, a 93 Efini RX7, a 91 MR2 that has a blown engine, a 90 Skyline GT-R, and a 65 Mustang coupe

>23 years old
>Swiss
>studying EE
>used to sell weed and bought myself a cheap but fast shitbox with some of that money that I've been fixing up
>probably no job in cars for me because I'd likely end up contributing to the driver aid (more like driver AIDS) plague that's killing fun cars

Southern Ontario, Canada
Work at an open quarry
Currently own 2008 eclipse, 2016 outlander, going to be selling the eclipse and getting a WRX at some point

>24
>Mexican in murrica
>studying IT and networking

I own a 1999 dodge ram 1500 that I take to school and work. Fixing it up myself with the $500 a month I earn at my shitty weekend job. I also plan to build a camper in the bed to live in while I keep going to school.

unemployed
nocar

Aye

>24
>manual machinist
>mercury cougar dd
>bmw e34

Spend my weekends working on the bmw. I want to finish fixing it up and sell it for e36

Ayy shadow bro