How bad is a convertible as a first car? I found a fancy one and bought it without thinking

How bad is a convertible as a first car? I found a fancy one and bought it without thinking.

Dont want to say what it is

Don't. Unless you have a garage.

I dont
but you guys recommend convertibles as first cars all the time

had a convertible as my first car OP, it worked out pretty well

as long as the top doesnt leak, who gives a shit

>Miata

lol

SHOW US YOUR MIATA

They require more maintenance and forethought about where you're parking it.

so its not a big deal?

why do you think it would be is the better question

What did you get

You're gonna be less secured from the elements in a convertible. You're going to be driving most of the time with the top down anyways unless you live in a place with really nice weather. If you live in a bad neighborhood softtops are an invitation to theft as they can be cut open.

Otherwise you're fine

This is a pic of the car

Ok ok

I got a decent deal on a 2016 Buick Cascada. It's an alright cool car, right?

Kek

garbage just get a miata

oh you already bought it

good going u fucking retard

It still alive/live to get sold.
Change the top if possible.

>Cascada
AHAHAHAHAHAHA

kek, lmao

miata fags btfo

Chrysler Sebring?

>a sports car is 0,2 sec faster than a cheap hobby car half its hp
wew lad

You said in the OP it was fancy...

Disgusting tank of a car with an engine that runs like a turd is faster than a hairdresser mobile that homos think is a sportscar

It's really a retarded comparison

>ecoboost
>sports car
pick one

>car with twice the power barely performs better
The only thing you're proving here is that the mustang is shit.

My first car was an '87 Oldsmobile that was gifted to me, but the first car I bought was a '94 Lebaron GTC. The more I worked on it, the more I was impressed at how shitty it was designed. And it had the so many fucking problems. But all things considered, I really enjoyed it. Despite what some people say, convertibles are fun as hell. Late at night, mid 70's and slightly humid, driving around with the top and all windows down, listening to music and feeling that unrivaled airflow. Fun shit, I tell you.
Oh and rain on a softtop sounds so much better than on a hardtop.

As for reason you may not want to get one:

Weighs slightly more
More vulnerable to theft
Can be colder during winter
Just one more thing to potentially break/give you trouble

If those don't worry you/pertain to you, then go for it. I enjoyed the shit out of mine.

Yes. Good. Let the hate flow through you. Yeah no, you two are idiots. The mustang weighs about 1200 pounds more than the Miata, and this isn't even its final form. Throw a v8 GT or better on that chart and drink your own tears in shame, ya cucks.

V8 is the perfect fit for such an obese vehicle

>13.9 second quarter mile
Kek, the ecoboost is worthless

If "obese" is the best response you have, the. You've already lost. Admitting you were wrong is at least more honorable

Sell and get a Miata

You're just upset that the mustang even managed to do the smaller turbo'd engine better than other companies. It's akin to a boxer dropping weight classes and being successful.

>upset
>my $2500 na dd is much faster

Yeah you're full of shit. You won't even get into the 14s on a 1/4 unless you have a perfect launch, perfect power shifts, and avoid hitting the rev limiter. Not to mention the 9.6 second 0-60 time. Stock miatas are shit, and move like they look: like an RC car.

This is a meme right?

Who the fuck said I owned a miata? They're both shit.

Considering that for double the power, it can only make 4mph more than the miata in the quartermile, yes, obese is the right word.

Well considering an NA refers to a Miata up until 97, you said that you owned a Miata. Dumbass

n a t u r a l l y a s p i r a t e d

>naturally
>aspirated
That's my bad tho

No problem bro. It happens. We both misunderstood each other

Agreed. Want a handjob?

As long as you cup the balls. Don't look me in the eyes tho. That makes it gay.

You'll be expecting less mpg than the sedan/coupe model unless it was originally designed as a roadster like an S2000 or Miata.

This , I bought one off some guy that parked it outside, you'll expect some mold on the soft top

>You'll be expecting less mpg than the sedan/coupe model

Forgot to add, reason for this is because the soft tops frame but mostly if it's an automatic top, the motor adds almost 100lbs of weight

Why are you still here? Adults are talking

It's a slow fat car, face it.

What's the deal with convertibles? It fucks up your hair and gets you skin cancer, on top of being robbed 9/10 times you park it in Detroit and assaulted by homophobic hillbilies 9/10 if parked in a hick town.

Sunroofs should come standard on any 20K+ car though, the thing is absolutely perfect as long as the seals hold.

Are you a women? If not, just no.

Not OP but also trying to get a first car which is convertible. Looking for a S2000

Will also be dailied, unless heavy rain/snow.
Dont need practicality. My shopping list is small.

Is it a good choice considering its convertible and a DD for a first buy?

What in gods name is wrong with a convertible? Are you people all retarded? Nice cars with soft tops aren't like the NA miatas most are used to.

That said the S2K has a shitty design where the soft top likes to rip. So...watch out for that.

A Miata was my first car and I DD'd it for three years. Taking the Miataness out of it, convertibles are the best thing out there when you're driving in weather that's not too cold, not too hot, not too rainy, and not too sunny. It's awesome and so much fun to drive in the open air.

But when the weather isn't perfect:
-If you leave it down you get soaked or turn into a melanoma
-If you put it up it's like driving around in a duffel bag with bad visibility
-Putting it up/down all the time is a pain
-The top is a consumable and will need replacing every ten years or so
-Convertibles have poor chassis rigidity so you get to watch the front half of the car shake all over the place

I'd keep a convertible as a second car, but as a DD in the northeast I got tired of it. By the way, Veeky Forums doesn't recommend convertibles. They recommend Miatas. If they made a fixed hardtop Miata Veeky Forums would recommend that instead.

Why would you ever buy a vert? They look like shit. Only exceptable verts are targas like Corvettes.

Buying a "premium" convertible like a newer BMW or Porsche will eliminate these problems.
>If you leave it down you get soaked or turn into a melanoma
Nothing you can do about that, my neck is peeling from a burn today. Sunscreen, don't forget it
>If you put it up it's like driving around in a duffel bag with bad visibility
You get used to it. Learn to adjust your mirrors and never buy a vert with a plastic rear window. Glass, only glass.
>Putting it up/down all the time is a pain
In a nice roadster it takes 10 seconds and if your car doesn't allow you to do it at under 30mph you can buy products that will let you do it while driving.
>The top is a consumable and will need replacing every ten years or so
Garaging helps. I don't have one so I expect to replace the top in a few. True down side.
>Convertibles have poor chassis rigidity so you get to watch the front half of the car shake all over the place
If you buy a Z4 or a Boxster this won't be an issue. Buy a wet noodle NA miata and yes, it will suck.
>muh looks
Who cares? When you are in the car you can't see the outside of it. A roadster is a better driving experience hands down. Do you buy cars to drive them or to masturbate to the thoughts of other men looking at your car?