Okay Veeky Forums, I own a powder coating business and I'm making some new business cards...

Okay Veeky Forums, I own a powder coating business and I'm making some new business cards. Am I allowed to use a photo of this 4G63 valve cover I coated? I'm not sure if I can have "Mitsubishi" on my card. Thoughts?

Trademark law is fuzzy, but you're showcasing your work, not claiming the brand name as your own. If you're concerned, then consult a lawyer that deals with trademarks and the like.

maybe put your info over top of the mitsubishi logo?
not a lawyer, but I feel like if you're partially covering it and aren't actually selling the cards should probably be ok.

Dont take any actual advice from here....

If sued you say "B-b-b-ut user said it would OK!

1-888-come-on-now...

>taking legal advice from a nipponese vending machine forum...

There's several exceptionally good "free legal advice" sites out there where lawyers answer your questions.

This, or just photoshop a small masking-tape over the logo.

Just show wheels. Far more popular than valve covers.

Remove the Mitsubishi and angle your camera to be more artistic, like a light rake across DOHC 16 VALVE and the rest is blurry. Or, show a before and after of something without logos and be done.

This.

If you're confused about something legally, get professional advice or don't do it.

I'd stick with something less controversial like wheels or maybe do something cool like have part of that valve cover come off from the side (somewhat skewed and concealed) and have some of you other work laying around too.

This.

Just put your business name

I would never give you money knowing that you willingly featured a mitsubishi part on your business card.

i feel like it would be ok. you're not selling your cards so there's no profit, and you're not implying you sell mitsubishi products, so you're fine i think

photoshop the name brand out and you'll definitely be safe

Even if you could it would look unprofessional.

Just photoshop Mitsu out or pay someone to render your company name there.

I would take your business card and tear it up and then piss on it because you used the disgusting name of mitsibushi on it.
That's fucking dumb mate.

You must design and manufacture an engine with a unique valve cover which you may print on your business card

>I'm not sure if I can have "Mitsubishi" on my card.

As a customer, why would I buy from someone who admires a chronically corrupt car company? They had rotten sales in Japan for decades because of chronic corruption. They would get caught defrauding customers on a large scale, lying about performance numbers for their cars, and more.

After they get caught, a few years pass and they do it again.

And again.

Then some more years pass, and again.

So that is the company you admire on your business cards. Corruption and greed. The company fell because of that.

change mitsubishi with your business dum dum.
people would mistake you work for mitsubishi.

OP I hope your business name has ''WAT'' somewhere in it

We aren't talking about VW.

Speaking of powdercoating is $300 a fair price for four 18" BBS wheels and what's the best way to pick out a color sample? I'm leaning towards that Subaru bronze but I want a deeper copper hue

> I own a powder coating business
So you purchased a $100 stove on Craigslist?