Why would anyone buy a Porsche when you could get a decent american muscle or sports car for 1/4 of the price and just...

Why would anyone buy a Porsche when you could get a decent american muscle or sports car for 1/4 of the price and just as fast

Other urls found in this thread:

bizjournals.com/buffalo/blog/morning_roundup/2015/07/gm-tonawanda-engine-plant-celebrates-diversity.html#i1
youtube.com/watch?v=-eXUnZrykDY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

There really is no reason. The zo6re faster or as fast as all ferraris/lambos and 75% cheaper

why would anyone like what i dont like?

Disguised shitposting thread?

Mostly because most people who buy a Porsche isn't going to buy anything other than a Porsche. The weird loyalty you see over truck brands extends well into the upper echelons of automotive ownership.

Porsche has more prestige among rich people.

> decent
> american
Pick one

911 is the lesser alternative for homosex who can't handle v8

Prestige and comfort. Normies lap the first one up like a pig at the trough, and geriatrics don't want their shit beaten in on rougher roads.

>quality over quantity

>Why would anyone buy a Porsche when you could get a decent american muscle

Because a Porsche chassis is not made out of plastic

Because american cars have garbage build quality

Because when I pay for a car I want to get more than just an engine inside a turd.

As if you could get close to the limits of either of them. All your paying for is the occasional compliment at the country club.

porsches are more comfortable, easier to drive (when going slow and fast) and they look much better

worth it

THIS

What I've learned over the years without resorting to stupid memes and using logical sense I've come to the conclusion which is also supported by multiple Automotive journalists and from all over the internet is that if you buy a Porsche or other similar high-priced German cars you will get much better construction quality in other words you will have a car that is way more comfortable to sit in to be in at cetera things will just feel much better it will feel like an overall good machine and when you buy American like the Corvette for example you will have utmost performance however it's a different style Americans tends to cheap down on things so you will have basically a budget super car so if you don't care about all the material that's in your car or you don't care about something something or that of the other you just get a Corvette because you'll still smoke everybody but if you have the money and you prefer to have the interior more Boutique like then that's when you get a German car so it's really personal preference all memes the side

DELETE THIS

maybe they want an interior that wasn't made with childrens construction paper

Well, you get the following when you get a Porsche.
>prestige
>reliability
>power
>handling
>performance

I mean, sure, the Corvette can most likely btfo the Porsche Boxster, but I would drive a Porsche everyday than a Corvette.

>that filename
Yes, indeed.

>Because a Porsche chassis is not made out of plastic
The chassis is steel and aluminium. The body is fibreglass - nice and light, which explains why it weight about as much as an AWD Porsche.
>Because american cars have garbage build quality
Have had for years, they're improving though. If you deny that, you have no experience with modern US cars.

>easier to drive when going fast
What is polar moment of inertia?

>>prestige
Agreed.
>>reliability
Maintenance costs are higher though.
>>power
Base Corvette has 455hp, base 911 (Carrera) has 420. Add forced induction, and the Corvette comes in at 650 hp with the Z06, versus the Turbo's 580.
Also, that 650hp Z06 starts at 80K USD. The base 911 starts at 90K.
>>handling
Hello, polar moment of inertia.
>>performance
Outfight performance? Maybe. Performance per dollar? Let's see that 90K Carrera outrun a Z06.

>Muh laptimes per dollar

How many of these threads do we have a day? 20?

Maybe because performance and costs are good things to look for in a consumer car?

Because a Corvette no matter what extra badges it possess, it's always a poor man's Ferrari.

>90K Carrera outrun a Z06.
You are seriously a kid if you think the people who buy's a base Porsche is to take over a Corvette.

Prestige.

That being said the vette is a pretty good looking car. I wouldn't mind having one.

Both

>>>reliability
>>>>>>>prestige

haha!

Alphonse pls

>Why would anyone buy a Porsche.
The Porsche 911 is a grand tourer that is comfortable to commute to work in everyday. It appeals to urban doctors and lawyers whose downtown condos only have one parking space, and need one car that can be everything.

The Corvette is more of a weekend toy. It appeals to semi-rural retirees who have the garage and land to keep multiple cars for multiple purposes.

>polar moment of inertia.
A modern 911 has a wide span of controllable oversteer that you can toy with. Push it hard and it gives you plenty of warning. That makes the 911 "easy" and "fun" to drive at it's limits.

Relative to the 911, the Corvette has a razor edge. Push it hard and it's far less forgiving. That makes the Corvette more difficult and nerve-wracking to drive at it's limits.

>power
911 Turbos have AWD, torque-vectoring, and 4-wheel steering that lets the car use all 580 horses. The Corvette is RWD, and cannot lay down all of the power all of the time.

bizjournals.com/buffalo/blog/morning_roundup/2015/07/gm-tonawanda-engine-plant-celebrates-diversity.html#i1

I don't want a car assembled by unqualified women, minorities or both just because gm want to push political bullshit.

Some people like to buy products that are well designed

GM fan girl here, because some people just like other cars? Maybe they have the extra cash and want a true luxury interior, or are buying the car for status

Then why not buy an m series BMW

Some people also have taste

butthurt eurocuck detected

I've always thought Porsches looked super gay. No tough features and super soft curves. Maybe I'll buy my girlfriend one of those chopped roof Beetles. Never will drive one. I'll stick to my 2012 Grand Sport until the new ZR1 comes out.

People who buy Porches only buy them because they're Porches and want to impress their rich friends.

>This is what americans actually believe.

t. assmad Porsche fangirl

Because Rear Engine Rear Wheel drive is different than Front Engine Rear wheel drive.

There's more front Engine rear wheel drive cars compared to Rear engine rear wheel drive.

buying something different could be fun

>porsche
>ever
youtube.com/watch?v=-eXUnZrykDY

Soon