/civ4xg/ - Civilization, Stellaris, Endless Legend and 4X Games General

>Stellaris OP
pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Stellaris Mod Archive
mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg

>What is Stellaris?
A 4x game developed by paradox development studios.

>Stellaris Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris

>/civ4xg/ OP:
pastebin.com/P5XCTQx9

>Some mods for Civilization V
pastebin.com/5ANRmRur

>More info on Civ VI:
pcgamer.com/civilization-6-everything-you-need-to-know/
ign.com/articles/2016/05/11/three-ways-sid-meiers-civilization-6-radically-reinvents-itself-city-building-science-and-diplomacy
gamespot.com/articles/civilization-6-revealed-brings-major-changes/1100-6439691/
well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tXOLRXzs_qo
youtube.com/watch?v=fHxO0UdpoxM
youtube.com/watch?v=ou8A0g_jYyA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Don't mind me, just posting the best war theme

youtube.com/watch?v=tXOLRXzs_qo

>for 2 years now thought it was my mediocre CPU that made games with more civs take forever between turns
>it was actually because i didn't turn on quick move

what the hell are you doing poland
why is this an issue at all

>randomized city names order mod

It misses the Gogogoch part.

PRANKED

>He actually noticed armpit hair or lack thereof.
Now this is autism

Looks like a pretty fine Icelandic name to me

It's actually Welsh.
See youtube.com/watch?v=fHxO0UdpoxM

w-what
>that's actually true

Armpit hair mod when?

Oh wow, I thought by randomized city names, you meant some mod that randomises every letter in city names.

You're so innocent it's cute.

>meant some mod that randomises every letter in city names
that's welsh for ya

>forgot to turn on quick move.

>Computer players get ww1 bombers.

just try it user. i'm so mad with myself.

do you mean quick combat? because watching planes every turn sure is exciting...

I just did.
Holy shit.

shit lads france has really got me on the ropes. not sure how i'll recover after losing that one tundra tile.

How do i get interested in Stellaris again?

Yes...

And the Planes keep coming. And they make two tours. Every time.

I still don't know what they were thinking in making the animation loop twice.

no-one destroys denmark but me fuckface

I have a mod which makes it so you can toggle whether quick movement and combat is on for different situations, like you can make it so everything is quick except for your own combat and movement, and enemy combat if it involves you, optionally also whether it involves your allies fighting against a common enemy, etc. It's pretty handy. I also have one that speeds up plane animations, because I kind of like seeing what the fuck the planes are doing but it takes fucking 10+ seconds per bombing run usually. I'm not sure they thought that one through when they made this game. Thank fuck for mods.

>How do i get interested in Stellaris again?
MODS
O
D
S

Take the world in the name of Blanc, the One True Goddess.

I love city placement AI when everyone is cramped together.

I hate when the computer does this. It is like they beg to get wiped out by me.

>play on realistic earth map (Play the world extended, its great)

>Be Genghis.

>Constantly get bullied by China.

Why is Wu Zetan such a bitch?

Now i know why the mongols conquered them.

As long as you don't get too greedy you can take a city or two without too much consequences.

Has anyone been able to buy a city from a civilization in Civ 5? I don't know why they put it as a trade option when it never works. Is it there for ending wars?

I pretty much only use that option as part of a peace deal, so you can get a city without warmonger penalty and it doesn't lose population and buildings.

what's with some civs valuing your open borders to an insane amount? i just had someone pay me 20 gold a turn to open my borders.

What do you guys think about my game setup? 18 civs, huge map, marathon, domination only with raging barbarians.

MAD mod and global warming mod for optimal late-game nuclear MADness in a Mad Max desert world

THANK YOU

Let the game that never ends begin.

if i build a road in another civ's borders do i have to pay maintenance on it?

I thought I got my very own island of gold and then this bitch came in and ruined it. Fuck. This is the second time Carthage has ruined my dream start like this.

I just wanted my own cozy little island and be happy god damn it.

What the fuck is it with all this gold?

>have 18 bucks on my steam wallet
>Thea is 20 bucks
Fuck.

>middle of the month
>having only 18 bucks

Ask your mom and dad for money, underage user-kun

What part of "steam wallet" don't you understand?

Well, add some fucking money into the Steam wallet if you have it elsewhere.

I'll be forced to resort to it.

Or I can wait for a sale. Which brings me to my next question, is Thea often on sales?

>I'll be forced to resort to it.

Why do you say that as if it's a huge undertaking to add 5 bucks to your Steam wallet?

>welsh

It means going out, walking to the bank to set up a false account with 2 bucks on it, explain to the banker why I need this, walk back home, and then use the virtual credit card.

What, you think it was easy? I have to justify it every time I buy something on the internet. I can't buy stuff with my credit card directly, I have to set up a virtual card with only the needed money amount on it.

so mummy keeps an eye on your bank and you don't want to get in trouble right

I can't think of any reason why it would be that difficult. Use internet bank, enable internet purchases and international payments on your credit card and use it or do the same for your debit and use that.

I have bank accounts in four different countries and it's that difficult in any of them.

?????
just wat

Sounds like you are so retarded that you might as well pirate mate.

What part of "my bank doesn't allow virtual credit creation by internet" is it that you don't understand? Are you retarded?

I don't believe you. Which bank is it?

Why the fuck would you be with a bank that makes it impossible for you to get a card you can buy stuff online with, what fucking decade is your country stuck in where that bank hasn't gone... bankrupt

Terry's Bank.

It's in Zimbabwe. Good luck finding it on the Internet.

that sounds like the most made-up name for a bank ever, is this actually just a guy called terry who has a shed where he keeps people's money

There's "bank" in the name, it's obviously totally reliable, dude. Don't you believe Terry?

>Zimbabwe
lmaoers

any clue on the source? you know google image search is useless now

If you have 18 dollars on the Steam Wallet, it sounds like you're missing a few hundred million to get Thea because it costs 20 USD.

Wait for 1.3.
Actualy that probably wont be enough. Wait for dlc

But dlc is coming with 1.3

Terry? Formerly known as Big Ounce? (Seriously user, what the fuck? Online transactions shouldn't be this complicated anywhere in the world.)

Welcome to Zimbabwe I'm actually fucking with you, I don't live in Zimbabwe and I can do everything through Internet. I honestly can't believe you fell for it.

>he said, desperately typing with one hand to save face on an anonymous chilean dating site while fending off AIDSmalaria mosquitoes with a stack of quadrillion dollar bills tied to the end of a stick

reminder that heinlein will invalidate saved games

>Heracles is the leader of Greece

Are we going straight into fiction now?
Planescape civ when?

>india is shaundi from saints row
i was looking forward 2 this game 2

>18 civs in the game
>I have this entire fucking continent and a small island south of this all for myself once I wipe out Carthage.

Feels gud mang

>not leaving someone nearby to trade with

you doing costal trading then?

Two city states near by so I can trade with them.

I'm regretting not going for the 300% difficulty victory cheevo now that I have 7 Forest Elves and 1 Dwarven Smith on this run

I got the 300 turns at 250% one though so I'm pretty happy with that

how the fuck?
building everything out of elven wood?

>old mate maria declares war out of fucking nowhere mere turns after sniping kabul
>she doesn't know about pierre's patriots
>the crossbow squad with 3 range, 2 attacks, 3 movement, indirect fire, withdraw, march, sentry, execute and cover that I have been training for literally 4 millennia [promotions mod]
the year is 1868 and we're about to make some portuguese pincushions

>n-no guys, I I d-don't live in Z-zimbabwe h-hehe

it's not your fault you're forced to eat rat user, btw how many Zimbabwe dollars do you have to spend to get 5 steambucks? 5 million, 10 million?

>Heracles is the leader of Greece
This would be pretty cool. They're all immortal anyway.

There goes this town.

Two more to go and I am the master of this continent bwahahaha

>unhappiness rising

>gets back to normal once the raze is finished

literally a non-problem.

I can focus entirely on hoarding the luxuries and building shit once this bitch is down.

>killing best girl

rude
I always play Dido to avoid this, and I like navies

>turn 488
shit I have muskets on turn 305 and I thought my pace was set pretty slow

Avoid what? having to face those boats? They're not doing anything to me. She has shit loads of boats and can only use one at a time because of the small coastal waters around the continent and they are doing absolutely nothing to stop my land armies.

avoid having to conquer Dido I meant.

Awww yisssss

She gave me the second city for a peace treaty. Now all I have to do is build up my military and go for the capital and then I will rule the seas from my ivory tower in my own personal continent while all the other plebs around the world squabble over land in their shared continents.

It's a marathon game

shame floodplains don't return after city razing

Best modlist for civ v?

Hi, Dido! Don't worry, my units are just passing by.

yes
my base spawned on top of an elven wood stockpile; who was I to deny that?

Also it took me 300 turns with almost every building giving at least attract elves 1 (some had 2; total bonus was something like 13) to get 7 elves (and somehow I got a dwarf off of attract dwarves 1 in the first 50 turns after getting the building)

The highest attract elves bonus you can have total is 20 though so it'll never be fast.
Unless you're being fucked in the ass though it's not a huge loss to not have any attract humans buildings; humans that dont grow up in the village are usually shit. Fucking scavenger recruits.

Dwarves/Elves are usually the best recruitment effect; Demons are a mixed bag but worthwhile and Goblins are practically a straight upgrade on humans
The Liho demon is a better Elf and you will probably never get one
Alternatively if you restore the Cosmic tree you can just trade children for elves

oops forgot the screenshot.

Doge

Consul?

Kind user can you tell me the name of that mod, please?

FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Just before I got that fucking capital they some how slipped a fucking settler there unnoticed. Fuck you, Dido. Accept your defeat and fuck off.

Stop bullying ;_;

i'm not bullying. I'm claiming what is rightfully mine, which is this continent and all adjacent islands. I called dibs on them before Dido settled her capital.

there's Faster Aircraft Animations and Quick Turns

There she goes. Welcome to my rape dungeon, Dido. Hope you enjoy your stay for the rest of eternity.

Welcome to the House of Fun!

youtube.com/watch?v=ou8A0g_jYyA

Holy shit there's a third island and IT'S ALL FOR ME TOO! God damn this whole place is empty of other civs. I have an entire friggin continent for myself and two islands along with it.