CX-3

Australian here. Is this worth buying? How's the Mazda dealership and after-sales service in down under?

Nah, you might as well get a CX-5 if you really want a crossover

Seems a bit big for daily use in Canberra I feel.

Do you need the AWD?
>no
Get the Mazda 3, it's the same ground clearance, and you get more power and space for your money
>yes
no you don't, just get the Mazda 3 with
SNOW TIRES
N
O
W

T
I
R
E
S

>Crossover
Check
>New
Check
>Dealership
Check
>Fucking land of killer spiders
Checkcheckchecknope

>Canberra
It's not a city filled with small streets like a euro city so it shouldn't be an issue, but why do you want a crossover to begin with?

Not too bad, its good that they are right hand drive in japan because you dont need to mess about with left hand drive conversions - things like having to put the engine in the other way and running the exhaust out the other side makes working on them tricky

P-price mostly. ;_;

Price is why you want a crossover? Are they cheaper than a Mazda3 down under?

It's about AU$15,000 cheaper than the CX-5, assuming same trim level. Quite a bit of money for a wagecuck like me.

>buying a cuckover
>no clearance
>tinyass motor

Why not get a used Mazda3 then?

Isn't the CX-3 a lifted Mazda 3? Wouldn't the higher GC be more practical?

> higher cg
> ever an improvement
The CX-3 is a lifted Mazda 2, you're thinking of the CX-5
Three seriously isn't a good reason to get the CX-3 over the Mazda 3 unless you need AWD

AWD is useful during the winter right?

The CX-3 looks more handsome than the Mazda 3.

>he likes black plastic
>he doesn't like the lower, wider look with the shooting brake silhouette
What a waste of doubledubs

>Winter
>Australia

lol

Why does Veeky Forums hate crossover so much?

No, it is objectively inferior to the Mazda3, especially in looks

Because they are generally less useful than a station wagon or an SUV.

Theyre the physical construct of modern yuppie denizens that want everything with no downsides without researching what they buy.

They try to be sporty by having taller clearance but are not outfitted at all for offroading more than a FWD sedan while being more anemic from the added weight. Also, theyre generally large from over styling and safety but manage to carry less than some hatchbacks and much less than an SUV.

People need to understand that you cant have the best of all worlds without downsides as well.

THIS

honestly i'd rather drive a sporty suv at least they have clearance and power on their side

compact crossovers are fucking shit

The HR-V isn't bad, but that's because it's a jacked up Fit with AWD, but at least it's got a better engine

went to the snowy mountains with my ek and stock eco tyres and was fine, so no you dont need AWD

>conidering a crossover
are you a woman?

Theyre terribly pigfat, most have shit power to weight that matches malaysian gutless cars

Holy shit just get a mazda 3 and be done with it, fwd is ok in winter.

It also has headlights that are useless. Worst headlights on any vehicle tested iirc.

Then get better bulbs, the ones from the factory are always shit

>It also has headlights that are useless.
WORST headlights ive ever used are on a 2015 corolla

WHAT THE FUCK the highbeams are worse than my lows on my fucking 15 year old vt vx

OP here. I just want a hatch with a good GC, is that too much to ask for?

>not deleting the fwd and welding the center diff
SLACK

Get a forester then

>but at least it's got a better engine

Pretty sure the Skyactiv-D is better than anything they put in the HR-V, friend.

Pretty sure that's wrong, Mazda has never made an engine better than Honda

MAZDA 3 2.5 YOU FUCK

>diesel engine
>good

MAZDA 3
A
Z
D
A

OP here. Wouldn't the Ford Focus hatch be better than the Mazda 3?

Unless you get the ST or RS, no, the interior is way worse, the fuel economy sucks unless you get the expensive 3 cylinder egoboobs, no manual on top trims and the autos have been utter shit until very recently

>egoboobs

Maybe before 2001. Honda doesn't give a fuck anymore.

>K series
>not the best NA 4cylinder in mass production

No, not even close. The mazda3 is the absolute best option for you by far. Just look up some reviews and see how everyone who's ever driven one loves it. It's got a good amount of GC, so much of it that I think mine looks kind of weird because of the big wheel gaps.

Yeah....
Also hondas never made a car better than mazda

>Rotard honestly thinks his 2 cycle lawnmower engine is better than anything Honda has made ever
>implying the NSX didn't walk all over the RX-7

Is this an okay configuration? I keep reading how the 2.5L powertrain is not worth it.

>the NSX didn't walk all over the RX-7
Correct

The 2.5 is VERY worth it.

I have a 2.0 and basically my only complaint with the car is that it's too slow. Granted I've never tried the 2.5 because it was out of my price range, but I would guess that's a lot better
My advice is to get a 2.5l Touring in manual. It shouldn't cost much more than what you selected but it'll be 10x more fun to drive
>b-but I don't know how to drive stick
You'll learn quick. I bought mine without knowing how to drive stick and had someone drive it home from the dealer for me. Took me about a week to learn. Totally worth it in the long run. Mazda makes fantastic manuals.
Pic related

>that price

Holy shit, what an utter rip-off.

So much more expensive. ;_;

Also comes with only 18" wheel option.

But more power and tq. Just saying

Cars in Australia are expensive mang.

Get it in manual you fucking faggot

Getting manual in Canberra is suicidal senpai.

Move somewhere less shitty you fucking faggot

>2016
>getting a NA skyactiv meme engine

KEK
E
K

Don't be afraid to buy used or CPO to save some money. These things are really reliable.

I have to feed the family. ;_;

At least stop using that faggot fucking emoticon

if you need to feed the family then why are you buying a brand new crossover

Sell your family into slavery and use the money to buy a home somewhere less shitty and a 2.5L manual mazda3, you fucking faggot

only justifiable for people who literally cannot sit in a sedan because they good bad knees.

I feel the hate for crossover is mostly unjustified. This thing for example drives like a champion.