Previous Mission: News:
1) Long War Studios has released the Long War Alien Pack:
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=577474474

2) Evolution Expansion for XCOM: The Board Game:
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/8/5/its-us-or-them/

3) Long War Studios have released their Laser Weapons Pack and Perk Pack:
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=712967878
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=719109968

4) Julian Gollop is STILL working on his new game Phoenix Point. It's a turn-based tactical game with strategy elements, destructible terrain, geoscape and character progression. He was recently interviewed by Eurogamer about it.
>twitter.com/Phoenix_Point
>phoenixpoint.info/
>eurogamer.net/articles/2016-06-29-watch-we-ask-the-creator-of-xcom-about-his-next-game-phoenix-point

The /xcg/ Mandatory Read:
>pastebin.com/k9pT8zx4

/xcg/ XCOM 2 character pool
>docs.google.com/document/d/12XvY-C-RoQZUexxauBXcCsw1jElq-g8TaCNpLgG2atM/edit

Image Library of /xcg/:
>imgur.com/a/S1qfx

XCOM2 modlist, UPDATED!
>pastebin.com/pTMatP5Z

MEGA Mod Repository, contains most of the mods in the modlist:
>mega.nz/#F!HlgWjCqR!STJ0c0kW8Fs6jKynqKyerw

Modlist Steam Collection - Contains 99% of the mods in the modlist:
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=756115171

Assorted improvements (Skip intros, alleviate stuttering, multi monitor support, and resolutions past 1080p):
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=616682629

/xcg/'s Long War Library (New LW players read this shit or you will be ignored):
>pastebin.com/YmaXBKpN

Piratez mod for OpenXCom:
>openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3626.0.html

MON edition:
>youtube.com/watch?v=rqtIKh9OF7g

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=763045721
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=729221182
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=763828614&searchtext=
theonion.com/article/swiss-guard-charge-writhing-mass-black-tentacles-d-53184
dictionary.com/browse/kinky?s=t
a.pomf.cat/yeauqb.webm
a.pomf.cat/gcgtoc.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for survivors

Stealth edition eh. Looks like the Bureau up in here.

What is this, a cosmetic for ants?

I'M LOSING CONTROL OF THE SITUATION, WE NEED A PROPER THREAD, NOW!

Kinda looks like an ant head actually.

Fair is fair user, we snoozed, we lose.

Well here's the cosmetic:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=763045721

EXALT
X
A
L
T

This is literally how I play Xcom 2.

Except its missing JC Denton

Maybe next time.

Top kek

>you will never cruise your Firestorm around town, blasting Dire Straits with the windows down and picking up bashful sneks and well-endowed military chicks

Get out of here airgame you're drunk

Fuck squad limit seriously.
New XCOMs are much more stressful than old XCOMs and after long deliberations and experiments I came to the conclusion that squad limit is to blame.

>cyclops
That's the optics on the helmet, dumbass.

Advent ain't seen oppression until they see combine

x-com really gives you alot of firepower from the start. A 14 man rookie squad with no advanced tech packs enough firepower to take on most aliens in a landed battleship if played well. The ability to take losses and still maintain combat effectiveness is a huge deal too.
Once you get your tactics down, you're pretty secure because you can reduce rng down to the point where results are very consistent.

Custom Railguns when?
FUCKING WHEN?

The Combine probably would chew ADVENT up like panini

The Combine couldn't handle one guy in power armor. At least it takes six to take down ADVENT.

Even firepower isn't that much of an issue if you can hit an alien with 3-4 soldiers per turn. Unless it's completely immune to damage of your weapons it'll go down fine.

Is there an XCOM/XCOM2 mod that lets you take 10+ soldiers to battle?

Not really, at least not a well polished popular one.

Too bad, I like having a high attrition rate for my troops. Caring about soldiers just feels wrong.

I'm the opposite way around. I love the the new XCOMs make me care so much for my troops. I wish I could get as attached to my x-com soldiers. I still strive to make every mission a zero casualty op if it's not a large landed or terror mission. Even then I shoot for 2-3 casualties max.

I find the high attrition rate made me care for soldiers more desu. The high rankers who made it through the meat grinder and lived become the heart and soul of my squad and if they die it's a lot harder hitting than in the newer games since their survival was so hard earned.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=729221182

I feel sorry for all of your XCOM supporters.

You will never know the feeling of coming home to your ADVENT snek waifu, and helping her warm up on a cold day.

Instead you'll be forever flying around that junkheap you call an "Avenger". Until you're caught at least. Maybe you can help Bubba warm up in your jail cell after the Elders finally put a stop to your terrorism.

I'LL REMOVE YOU

but snekposter, I support both sides.

>implying your snake waifu isn't secretly supporting xcom with her cold vagina

And shepherds we shall be
For Bradford and for thee
Power descendeth from the Commander's hand
That our feet may swiftly carry out his command

So we shall flow a river forth to thee
With the blood of sneks for all to see
In nomine Commander, et Bradford, et Council Spokesman

>Orthodox XCOMians
Bradford was never divine he was always human accept the true rite heretic

WELL IN THAT CASE.....

proper cyclops mod when

Reminder that snek and filthy ayys should be offered in sacrifice to Commander and His most Holy Prophet.

Yes.

That's how you do it.

Close Range all the way just how Bradford mandates it in the name of the Commander.

I just recently started XCOM 2 and made a few mistakes.
At this point it's just easier to start over.

Do you have any general advice?

The early DLC missions were kinda annoying how they just endlessly spawn monsters.
Does this get any better later and is it even worth activating them? You get the content anyways, right?

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=763828614&searchtext=

anybody tried it

No. I don't have friends who play X2

When you put EU and X2 Bradford next to each other like that, it's pretty obvious they're same guy. Perhaps his hair looks a little kinkier in EU.

It's best not to bother with the DLCs on your first campaign. If you really want to do them, best time to do Shen's is when you get mag rifles, then wait for armor before doing Vahlen.
You can wait till T3 if you really want to, the missions won't expire, but where's the fun in that?

No. I'm not a scaliefag and neither is my friend. :^)

theonion.com/article/swiss-guard-charge-writhing-mass-black-tentacles-d-53184

Top fucking kek

Someone make a swiss guard mod now

>Perhaps his hair looks a little kinkier in EU
I'm sorry wat

>DLC
Don't do them. Leave them active but leave them be.
General consensus is to wait until mags for both missions.
Alien rulers mission is easy barring the last fight, but the other rulers will fuck you up if you're still on ballistics.
Last encounter of Shen's gift is hilarious if you're on ballistics, but doable.
You'll die well before that if you're in legendary without mags.

>general advice
Grenade everything, meme beacons are still a free turn, don't bring snipers to a timed mission, don't use swords unless you're really, really desperate.

Are you running any mods?

dictionary.com/browse/kinky?s=t

Guess I just don't ever hear it used in that context.

Had my first run in with a medium Trader's Guild ship in Piratez... At night. 3 causalities and my baroness is wounded for 88 days!
As we were pulling out, a rocket hit the side of the ship killing 3. I'm devastated.

I've done the first Shen mission with ballistics and no deaths but it was such a pain.

Someone else recommended not using grenades too much since they destroy loot.

I'm running a whole bunch of mods but most are cosmetic and the rest are more added convenience than anything else.

Nades only destroy loot if they're used as the killing blow. Using them to soften up a group and removing their cover is not a problem.
Also, there's only one loot drop per mission, no need to hold back if it dropped already.

XCOM HELP

What kind of medium ship was it? Most medium ships are military, and will have more skilled soldiers with better armor and weapons. The asterisk-shaped envoy ships are medium and the occupants will usually have top tier weapons like gauss rifles and plasma cannons.

If you're early on, your best bet for taking out military targets is probably spamming grenades, molotov cocktails, and other explosives from a safe distance or behind obstacles. Infantry armor offers little protection against even the weakest.

Note the cruising speed of ships, it lets you ID them without having a decoder. Easier ships cruise at a lower speed, so look for things like freighters, which are large and valuable but have a civilian crew, traveling at 1400 knots.

The wound times are pretty extreme because of the higher amount of health that your girls have. Try to get a medbay and surgery lab asap in your troop base.

pls no bully ;(

I don't know what medium ship it was, I didn't even get a look at it. I took out 5 enemies, saw an enemy in a powered suit and knew that it was time to run. The scary thing is that he was flanking us by sneaking through the dark.
>Note the cruising speed
I never even thought of that. That's genius

Go play ball in the highway you sperglord

Don't say that to him!

The highway is where I've positioned my sharpshooters

post webms

>it actually kind of looks like the 'toid is hiking up a pair of invisible pants before he stands up.

you want the long war mod packs, the long war tools has an option for setting squad size to ten without officer training school nor advanced warfare center.

a.pomf.cat/yeauqb.webm

a.pomf.cat/gcgtoc.webm

>I like having a high attrition rate for my troops.
For the troop numbers that's a good start.

Classics

Heey, I remember this one! Good times!

How long did Haywire'd robots stay under your control and friendly?

Hunkering really should be the most common outcome of panic.

>tfw you have IESS+ installed and didn't know it
It was a bad Haven Siege, boys.

Panic is poorly implemented in new XCOM in general, but that's because a small squad makes it very difficult to do well. Long War does it best, but it's still a band-aid fix. X2 does it better then X1.

The way I see it, a panicked soldier should have 60% chance to simply hunker and stay put until the panic wears off, 25% chance to run away from visible enemies and then hunker when they're out of attack range, 10% chance to take a shot at a visible enemy, and 5% to take a shot at a friend.

Still not perfect, but at least it wouldn't have our soldiers making out-of-turn attacks all the time.

>Still not perfect, but at least it wouldn't have our soldiers making out-of-turn attacks all the time.
I guess. I don't really have a problem with it, it usually still screws you. You'll notice the shot hit in that webm is against a out of cover soldier while he's using a shotgun. It rarely helps you and simulates panic fire pretty well.

Perhaps you're right. It just feels silly when a Sectoid's mindspin ultimately ends up killing one of his own allies, and it happens juuuust a little too often for me to feel like the Sectoids are even justified in using it.

I think you have a valid point, maybe just like a 70 30 split. Honestly removing friendly fire was for the best. It only works in og x-com because:
-expendable soldiers
-large squads
-panic comes from lot's of people dying and psi attacks (rarely from getting hit)
-free aim means that your guys aren't actually aiming at each other

Nth for Earth's unconquerable soul

Huh, they removed panic-induced friendly fire entirely? I can't say I actually remember it ever happening, but I was certain there must still be some small chance of it.

nice

I thought they did, though I can't say I have any more proof they never seeing. Maybe they said it in an interview and I forgot? Should be in the .ini files regardless.

So are we getting a patch on console launch day? Some more tweaking and optimization would be tasty.

I believe we are getting a patch, no official confirmation though. However it would match up with their patching schedule.

>sectoid misses 62% flanked shot on my gunner
>i run multiple overwatches that all miss
>engie in full cover
>thin man shoots
>16%
>hits
>engie at 1hp

i guess my luck had to run out at some point. i don't mind being punished for running overwatches like a dipshit or getting flanked because of bad positioning but holy fuck nothing makes me madder than seeing that kind of shit happen.

some people got the game early because of an xbox error and said that the game runs very smoothly
what ever the console version got to improve the performance i want it

>what ever the console version got to improve the performance i want it
Actually I can you tell you what it is. no mods. But yes, I look forward to potential improvements and them buffing Sparks.

>Huh, they removed panic-induced friendly fire entirely?
Nope, happens from time to time, it is just relatively rare.

>what ever the console version got to improve the performance

I fear that what the console version got may have been that most reviled of magicks, known as downgrading

Anyone here ever played Mud n' Blood 2?

Who else hate working on /ui/s?

I like this picture because I recognize all of those mods.
>free the hood
>Halo:Reach Marines pack
>Extra Soldier Customization
>Titanfall
>Altyn helmets
>military camouflages

Seems like that would be the easier part. What's annoying about it?

This a flash game or something?

Yeah. It's comfy /k/ tier. Focuses on concepts like dispersion, fire superiority, and being able to handle multiple different threats simultaneously. Also your troops all start as rookies who can't hit shit and eventually become unparalleled killing machines (until they die) and the rng is wild so it's right at home with me.

Huh neat

>tfw cooped up sick at home but afraid to play XCOM because the fever makes me mushy-headed and I'll fuck up my campaign

The repetitiveness of toggling layers, toggling RGB and Alpha masks, coloring in the alpha layer, toggling again, saving the image. Rinse and repeat for 11+ parts.

To that user, if you're around, I started up that new campaign I mentioned and just hit the salvaged ADVENT gear. The Trooper Armor gives +1 health over Kevlar, which is handy, and the rifles are actually pretty solid for how cheap they are (flat 5 damage). The downsides are that the other armors are locked in the Proving Grounds and there aren't any other weapons.

Also, if you're an autist like I am, the fact that they have no customization options (seriously) may bother you. They override your customizations, just like the Ruler armors do. It's kinda annoying.

Start a new, hilariously shit, campaign.

I agree.

So be it. Just for this I'll be giving my soldiers the most outrageous aesthetics possible.