Gti honest opinions?

Hi Veeky Forums
I am in the market for a new car and I want something that has a good tuner potential. I have been looking into the gti and I'm sort of leaning towards that. Other options include the new wrx, and the focus st. But I really enjoy the interior of the gti more than the wrx and the St is pretty slow even though it looks great.
BTW my budget is pic related. I want a white 4 door 6 speed

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1bt1eVel_7I
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>gti
>4 door

hahahaha

why don't you look for a 335i? those have as much tunability.. jb4 tune easily takes it up to 400hp, and its not FWD.

mk6's are okay. I hate the fact you literally can't turn off the traction control without taking out the fuse/relay for it. Then there's the typical vw rubberized finish that will bubble in about a year's time.

IT IS A 5 DOOR YOU FUCKING URCHIN

the tailgate isnt a door user

fucking retard

Well with an i6 twin turbo engine it better get 400+ however I can't find a manual 335i around here and on top of that they have bad fuel pump/turbo issues. But if you know anything about 335is you would know that since every forum you see is talking about those two problems.

BTW an apr tune alone nets about +100hp and torque. And the Stage 2 even more.

Bought a 2 door mk6 last month. Pretty fun little car and comfortable. Road noise is a bit of an issue. The hatch space has saved my ass on a few occasions (previous car, '85 AW11).
I'm looking to do some tuning to get more out of it

OP here
You're right that's my bad

Never heard of any fuel pump issues

only wastegate rattle issues that BMW covers.

You can pump as much power out of your gti as you want.. but it'll still be FWD and not be as entertaining to drive.

I'm pretty sure APR tunes are the only things you can do to the GTI without breaking the warranty.

gl user

Anybody got experience with the Unitronic tunes and parts for GTIs?

I like the hatch too :^)

E C O B O O S T

The focus st is just too slow

I've heard they were good. Comparable with apr. And you can tune it yourself you don't need to waste hours to drive to another town to get it tuned by apr so that's a plus

Bump. I gotta know if you guys think gtis are worth a fuck

i just bought one last week 4 door 6 speed with performance package.

Interior is awesome, plenty of storage and its fun to drive have not looked into tuning it yet.

Are you a vaping boyracer? You could get a way faster used car.

No. Never get a "performance" VW. Not worth the money because its not worth the performance.

Fuck, wanted to quote

>focus ST is slow
>GTI is fast
Are you actually retarded? You could buy a million better cars for 30k. Like a 335i, or even an M3. And btw, the HPFP is fixed and the turbos were warrantied autist.

No I just like the tuner aspect of cars. I don't want a used tuner car you fuck. I have the funds to buy a brand new car with massive potential so why shouldn't I? There are videos of mk6 and 7 gtis with a tune being faster than brand new mustang gts

>FF gti
>tuner potential
>faster than a gt
confirmed for highway roll boyracer. enjoy your shit car since you already have made your choice.

Wtf? An m3? For 30k? Idk but you must have been dropped from a 3 story building as a baby. Too bad the fall didn't kill you

Because you could buy a used mustang GT and have way more potential. Or a supercharged jaguar xf.

Shame your mom drank while she was pregnant with you. E46 M3s, Z4Ms, and earlier e92 M3s are all under 30k. Do you live in fucking Canada or something or are you just a nigger?

For people saying the gti is a slow sack of shit. youtu.be/1bt1eVel_7I

Actually, now that I think about it, you're a douche bag and stupid. VWs are literally made for people like you. Or is that Audi?

>drag slicks
top kek

Buy your GTI and fuck off faggot

So. No VW? Lmao

No, its perfect for YOU. Do it. Only faggots drive VWs, so please buy one so none of us accidentally associate with you in the future.

The non performance cars are good for the daily driving but their "fast" cars are simply shit.
That money is well wasted

Get yourself that VW boi

Hey OP. I recently was in a similar situation. I ended up going with the WRX as I enjoyed the drive much more than the others. I found the interior of the base WRX to be adequate, I got a better prices on a lease than the other two, and if you're a benchracer, then it's better in every metric aside from weight I think. I also thought it had more feels.

Well what about the new wrx? Worth a fuck?

no.

cobb tune

VWs are obviously for faggots but I did lose a race to a Golf R the other day...barely. Obviously it wasn't stock but I was quite impressed. Now mind you this was on the highway I've yet to see one on the track

does the golf r sound good? or is it silent like most turbo cars?
you know what i hate? when they play an engine sound track inside the car.

Well what do you drive? I haven't made up my mind in anyway I'm still researching options. I wanted to see what Veeky Forums thought of a gti but obviously they aren't fond of them

I drive an M3 that obviously I only bought for under 30k since my mother dropped me out a window cock sucker.

Seriously, buy the VW. Do us all a favor. And it sounded like a shitty turbocharged four cylinder. Like they all do.

If you insist on a hatchback, buy a used MazdaSpeed 3 and have a fuckton of money left over.

Or buy a Focus ST.

Didn't mean to ass blast you so hard my dude :')

It's a fun little car that's now overpriced in a world where it actually has a bunch of competition in its segment.

I wonder if have the shit posters in this thread have experience with what they claim or the gti. Veeky Forums wtf

I'm in the same boat.

I'm tied between a new WRX or a new GTI. Heard the GTi is the better DD but the WRX is so much more fun and that AWD...

But the WRX suffers heavily from Subaru tax here in Colorado, can't find one less than $29,500 invoice.. Whereas the GTI is going for around $22,000.

That's because it doesn't have an Ecoboost.

I installed a Unitronic intake on my MK6. It looks and sounds great, would recommend