/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.miraheze.org/wiki/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (speccy screenshot), OS, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

emulation.miraheze.org/wiki/General_problems_FAQ

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

Other urls found in this thread:

uk.ign.com/articles/2016/08/29/pokemon-go-ported-to-the-dreamcast-vmu
youtube.com/watch?v=hNfgdKBTrTs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Emulation is a meme.

f

>using zoners, grapplers, shotos or charge characters

Well? What's your excuse, /emugen/?

You're the guy from the last thread, right? Did you manage to get a different rom dump?

Meant to quote

The guy who ported ppsspp to RA left and SP has no idea what to do with it. So you're stuck.

Try SNES9x. it just werks

I just tried the ROM from emuparadise in Bsnes mercury. It worked fine for me.
Suggest you do the same.

same problem on snes9x
tried some different dkc2 roms and it didn't work either

Sounds like it's your drivers/PC/dlls/DX/OGL/somethinglikethat

lol

I'll try
it's strange cause every other game works flawlessly

I still don't get how he managed to write an emulator all by himself

News:
Emulation is still a meme
Autistic tranny does something
Fuck you

"Emulation is a meme" is a meme.

""Emulation is a meme" is a meme" is a meme

So byuu is a faggot

Sounds like it's some function that is barely used by other games but DKC2 happens to use it

just tested dkc2 on mednafen and it works fine so problem solved, I guess

Fuck you vib-ribbon guy

It can do this:
uk.ign.com/articles/2016/08/29/pokemon-go-ported-to-the-dreamcast-vmu

>Ported
Shit journalism.

Metal Gear? Is it THAT location?

Repost from last thread. Didn't realise we hit limit.

hey why doesnt this work

Because

forgot image

Because

Real talk who even emulates these days

Just stop playing with diddy he's a crashy stinky motherfucker

Me

How do I stalk SP on github now?

>The last console intro was released 3 years ago
>Last proper one on PC 5 years ago

Warez scene really is dying

>How do I stalk Turtle on github now?

FTFY

>>The last console intro was released 3 years ago
>>Last proper one on PC 5 years ago
link?

>wants to see a shitty intro every time the game boots up
You just want to see the world burn.

There's Duplex PS3 intro on youtube
Last good one on PC was by Razor1911

Is there any way to disable the ugly filtering all over textboxes and character portraits and shit in PCSXR PGXP?

>I still don't get how he managed to write an emulator all by himself
he didn't

Turn off filtering?

Doesn't appear to have any effect.

Nevermind I'm retarded

youtube.com/watch?v=hNfgdKBTrTs
Even years later that aesthetic is still there

>gbatemp banned links to the "chink builds" of Citra because it supposedly violates the GPL2 license

Oh no, they pirated open source software.

?

yer fuckin ma's a meme

Nevermind I'm not. Disabling filtering in the Pete's OpenGL config screen does nothing.

If you're using OGL2 tweaks you need to disable filtering in the .ini.

f(0) = Emulation is a meme
f(n) = "f(n - 1)" is a meme

lim n->infty f(n)

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERD

You have to set xBRZScale to 0 in gpuPeteOpenGL2Tweak.ini

Thanks, got it fixed. Are hotkeys enabled on the PGXP build? Can't seem to get them to work either.

If you're using Lilypad as your input plugin you need to check raw input and Dinput

Thanks!

TA is so easy to b8.

One last retarded question about PCSXR PGXP: what is the key for fast forward?

Send style super Mario Brothers clone with multiplayer?

I know I might get biased answers here but should I play Prime Hunters on Wii U's VC or is emulating it just as fine?

Is your Wii U hacked? There's a way to increase internal resolution to 2x on DS games if it is. Wii U hacking is just kernal anyway so you may as well look into it, you just have to go to a website and it gives you homebrew access and then you just need to dump and edit an ini file or something similar.

DS emulation is shit, so I think you'd do better on Wii U either way.

Mari0

There is a mouselook mod for Desmume.

Why don't the cores have DATES next to them in the updater menu? That seems strange. You'd get a lot less people using outdated garbage like a VBA-M core instead of the correct options.

SP makes random small updates to cores all the time, so that'd be kind of useless.

Why would he do a tiny update to a fundamentally out of date core? I could see if it was to bring it back up to date but just a little change? Why?

Why not?

I'm not involved but it's not unbelievable that things like renamed/retyped variables or additional libretro platform requirements would necessitate quick contentless edits to out of date cores.

Hypocrites indeed.

Yeah, rez lately did some good shit. His most recent Commodore 64 stuff is quite nice too.

isn't gbatemp kind of a piracy forum
i hate when places like this ban piracy when that's literally what their forum is fucking for
annoying lawfulfag mods

>using standalone higan
what kind of fucked up sadistic person are you

Does the RetroArch web player act REALLY fucky for anyone else the way it handles inputs? I have a DS4 plugged in, right and left take me to either the first or last menu option. If I hold the left trigger just slightly, I can kind of pick something other than those. If I hold the left trigger just slightly while using the keyboard, I have a lot more control. It seems the sensitivity of my menu selections is based on how hard I push on the left trigger. Also it just started sperging out with no input later on so there's that.

i tried out many version of higan v073, v094, v098, v099, v101 and literally everyone of them has a changed nterface with different features implemented. but the best thing with every revision i have tested the emulator got worse not only emulation wise but also feature wise.
byuu is so surreal, like trump!

>spell is named toad
>turns you into frog

>you don't need to keep the transformation in the dungeons you use it to get into
>only functional purpose is to waste 2 magic charges

Hey, fuck you.

hey
that's rude

I'll fucking touch you again!!!!!!

ew fuck off faggot

I've been emulating ff7 on mednafen and I'm just getting to disk 2. I've played this far by just opening the disk1.cue file with mednafen. Now my saves are only recognized when I load that disk.
In order to switch to disk 2 and retain my save, I have made a .m3u file that contains the filenames of each of the three disks, which loads properly with mednafen, but does not have my saves. How can I transfer my saves from the disk1.cue to my new setup where I can change disks in emulator. Changing the file names of the saves from disk1 to the name of my .m3u file did not work.

>mednafen for playing games
you dumbshit

>Changing the file names of the saves from disk1 to the name of my .m3u file did not work.
It should, you sure it's exactly right?

If you can't get playlists working right for whatever reason, an alternate solution is you could just change the file name of the save file to disk 2's filename. Disk 2 will allow you to load from a save that was made at the endpoint of disk 1.

Should I download Project64? How bad is the malware?

lmao

Are you seriously just willing to let malware run on your PC if someone tells you it's not so bad? Why not google how to circumvent the malware instead?

>Should I download Project64? How bad is the malware?
The "malware" was removed. Also, no, you shouldn't bother trying to emulate N64 games currently because everything is in a state of janky flux.

>"malware"
Are you implying it wasn't malware?

It was extremely hit and miss because it was a third party CDN that offered various pieces of shit software that were sometimes completely harmless and sometimes malware. "Crapware" is a commonly used term, I think.

>Also, no, you shouldn't bother trying to emulate N64 games currently because everything is in a state of janky flux.
You think N64 emulation is "janky" even though most games run fine, Smh..

A third party CDN that offers various pieces of shit software that are sometimes completely harmless and sometimes malware is malware.

>"Crapware" is a commonly used term, I think.
By malware apologists, maybe.

>You think N64 emulation is "janky" even though most games run fine, Smh..
Most games do not run fine, especially out of the box.

>especially out of the box.
not my problem if people are too stubborn to use the best setup.

since most people apparently don't have toasters, why not use ParaLLEl? I heard they supposedly removed the bottleneck, so games should be running full speed with proper graphics.

>since most people apparently don't have toasters, why not use ParaLLEl? I heard they supposedly removed the bottleneck, so games should be running full speed with proper graphics.
Because it's broken.

What's the difference between these two downloads? Is the smaller one just for updating an older build or something?

changing file names of the files in the sav folder and the mcs folder are not working. Am I just renaming the wrong files? I assume I should keep the string of letters and numbers following the disc filenames.

I think F4 turns off the frame limiter
Beyond that you won't have any fast forward methods

You mean hash in the filename? Forgot about that, you do need to change it, but you can have it save without that by changing the memcard method to libretro in options.
That really should be turned off by default.

>Because it's broken.
What games is it broken in? I heard body harvest collisions work and pilot wings shadows work as well!

why wasnt ganon in the water temple?

Well, when you save a game, this is what your file arrangement will look like:
>Game Name [whocares] [disc 1].cue
>Game Name [whocares] [disc 1].bin
>Game Name [whocares] [disc 1].srm
You open the .CUE file in mednafen, which tells it what to do with the big .BIN file, and retroarch will put its memory card data into a new file with a .SRM extension. They all have the same name, with a different extension.

If you have a disc 2, your game folder would look like this:
>Game Name [whocares] [disc 1].cue
>Game Name [whocares] [disc 1].bin
>Game Name [whocares] [disc 1].srm
>Game Name [whocares] [disc 2].cue
>Game Name [whocares] [disc 2].bin

If you change the .SRM file to have the same filename as both of the disc 2 files (ie it becomes Game Name [whocares] [disc 2].srm), when you open disc 2 it will use that as its memory card and you can load data from the end of disc 1 in many games that do disc swapping.