Is there a more realistic arcade racer than Grid 2...

Is there a more realistic arcade racer than Grid 2? Every car feels different and driving how you would in real life more or less leads to better gameplay.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zsG-dgzsTIQ
m.youtube.com/channel/UCUow7wUq2sSRL2Bz3-kqNew
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Honestly GTA 5 is pretty good. One of my favourite arcade racing games out there right now. Especially with the recent race type + cars.

Grid 2 is just drift in every corner to win.
Grid Autosport is better.

Hell yeah
I raced with and watched the NoDo crew on gta online pretty fun and addicting

grid 2 is easily the worst grid imo, and toca 3 is the pinnacle of codies racing games

I like how you posted a pic of autosport and not 2. Cheeky cunt

>realistic arcade racer

>GTA5
lmao kid

It's a good arcade racer. Nice line between realistic and fun, every car has their own handling, power, etc. Even has first person view now. Have you even played it or are you just memeing?

Dirt Rally is my favourite racing game, but he asked for a more realistic arcade racer.

San Francisco Rush was always my favorite arcade franchise because the vehicle physics were fucking brilliant.
Cars could understeer, oversteer and transfer weight. Although launching cars off jumps is not wholly realistic, the way they flew through the air and reacted to landings, bumps, and road undulation was very realistic. Driving a car over a crest while the wheels skitter on the pavement as the weight lifts off them, you'd think it's a full-on simulator.

the addition of wings to Rush 2049 was an incredible innovation in gameplay and made the shortcuts even crazier.

There will never be an arcade racer this good ever again.

it's not. Speed is limited its impossible to drift etc etc, watch this video it explains everything. I didn't know that they are able to make worse car physics than they did in GTA4, but rockshit did it again.
youtube.com/watch?v=zsG-dgzsTIQ

GTA 4 has better physics than GTA 5

you can drift, just shoot out your cars tires :^)

The most "realistic" arcade racer is the Forza Horizon series

also, there is Whiplash for MS-DOS. Being 20 years old it doesn't appear very realistic, but actually play it and you'll find that each vehicle has it's own unique driving dynamics, incorporating lift-off-oversteer and a manual transmission that will actually stall the car if you leave it in gear when you come to a stop. The physics are rather simplistic now, but back in the day being able to roll your car over was a big fucking deal, much less being able to barrel roll it off a corkscrew jump.

What it does particularly well is present a reasonable facsimile of realistic racing, as each car has a damage meter that affects handling and speed, and most tracks contain jumps and obstacles that damage the car, requiring all cars to stop in the pits at least once per race.
Not only do you have to strategize pitstops to stay in the lead, but you must also find a line around the track that does the least damage to your car.

why is this guy's voice so soothing

Maybe when u have a chance Take the time to watch some of this guy's videos and see for youself. Gta racing at its best here
m.youtube.com/channel/UCUow7wUq2sSRL2Bz3-kqNew

>I like your car!
>Me too, me too...

R: Racing Evolution has some pretty good arcade physics and a "pressure meter" that shows when your opponents are likely to make a mistake. Unfortunately, it ends up being rather easy because you just stay on the AI's ass until it goes wide or crashes.

also gorgeous graphics and multiple racing disciplines