/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #418

''Fuck you Mychel'' Edition

Previous Thread: Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/319630/
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction:
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings (Obstacles):
youtu.be/WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/11166372 (Vote!)
strawpoll.me/11054607
strawpoll.me/11083494
strawpoll.me/11088687
strawpoll.me/11103444
strawpoll.me/11107672
strawpoll.me/11190596

Bae over Bay every day.

BFFs, Pirates, Partners in Time & Crime & In Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP

Max is #1

oh no, dark kate ;-;

all the kates in this thread are now corruptable

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't doe,or butterfly,bluejay or even shit.
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>Chloe has to die thing comes true, Cemetery scene explained with that.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it.
>Epilogue: Use ur imaginations:)muh budget

kek, that's for sure

"Zombie face" Max is the cutest Max

>daily reminder that it's confirmed that the blue butterfly is storm summoner (the harbinger of disaster) This means, it became clear that storm's still coming in Bay ending

Powerpuff Kate! (And Alice!)

"Any" Max is the cutest Max!

What about insecure Max?

>chloe's getting nose bleed.ipg

David plays Mecree

Whoa

have you ever wondered what it was like to look through the eyes of max? well now you can.

sorry guys, hate to break it to you but chloe is lewd. i got some photographic evidence

No. Don't you dare. Don't you dare post it.

Chloe, Max and Kate are the best girls!

>i got some photographic evidence
Sure you do. If you actually had it you would post it.

That was supposed to be "pls delet", I don't know how it turned into that. Forshadowing?

i forgot proof

sorry for bringing this to your attention. if you are upset i know a cute guy who has never done anything lewd who would like to go to the drive in with you.

Hey, don't hold the stuff her and Rachel did for money in the past against her. She isn't even into guys anymore!

But it flies away in the Bay ending

Are you even listening Maxine?!?!

Gonna watch a movie and sleep. Goodnight /lisg/!

Good night user.

goodnight!

Reminder that if the game has caused any sort of trauma to you that we are here to help and if you need more severe help and if you need to talk to someone then you can visit

www.lifeisstrange.com/talk

Good luck to you and we are always here if you need us. There is no shame in admitting your pain, remember Kate having someone to talk to saved her life too.

Goodnight fellow user.

That hint of tongue

AU Max and Victoria were really, REALLY, close.

Max and Victoria are together in a happy lesbian relationship in the AU.

How bad was your post game depression, /lisg/? With all the games I play I simply cease to care about it when I've beaten it and uninstall. I thought it was gonna be the same for this, but oh boy was I in for a ride. I couldn't stop thinking about the game, and it went on for days, like a empty void inside of me, almost alike to how you feel after a pet dies. I kept going back playing myself and watching videos of others.

It wasn't the ending that got me, just the fact that I developed really strong feelings for the characters (max especially). The game just being over and me having to part with max and her inner dialogue that I had gotten so used to wasn't something I wanted to accept.

I still miss her. ;_;

Thank you for your post
Is UK friend here? Are you feeling better?

I like this style. Even if they don't have noses.

Saw this image once before, I wish it was a better resolution/ quality. Or that there were more images of them in scarce light.

>days
Try months, user. At this point I kind of wish I never played it in the first place.
All the fun, the hype, the love I have for the characters is increasingly outweighed by how the game left me dissatisfied, how it made me question my own shitty existence, and how insufferable the rest of the fandom have been in the time since. /lisg/ is the one refuge from all that, but even here we're constantly reminded of the uncomfy.
I'm just tired and can't get excited about anything anymore.

>Victoria looks sad
>feel bad that I splashed paint on her nice shirt
>console
>They have a nice conversation
>"SHE PLAYED ME I SHOULD HAVE PLAYED HER"
God damn it is Max going to second guess every decision I make?

If you mean me, then yes. At least a little.

I took a day off from everything else and just went out into the countryside and tried to relax. Being away from everything does help. Even if it doesn't resolve anything.

I've gotta go back to Uni in a few days and that's stressing me out a bit but I think I'm going to replay LiS for the first time since completing it when I get there, so I am looking forward to that!

My experience is similar to yours. I was so depressed that I barely got out of bed for two days after finishing the game.

It felt like I had known these characters all my life and it fucking hurt to see them go.

It's one reason I can't convince myself to replay the game.

I finished the game and got so so sad. I cried for about an hour after the game and my eyes were sore for days afterwards.

Literally no other type of media has ever affected me in the same way.

I was sad for the most part that it was over. I loved Max and Chloe and Kate and Victoria and all the characters. It was like a massive bereavement saying goodbye to them.

it hurts because I'll never have that kinda life and friendships/love

>it hurts because I'll never have that kinda life and friendships/love
I know how you feel, but you have to realize Max and Chloe's relationship is highly idealized and romanticized.

Yes I mean you friend! I'm happy to hear you are ok! What do you like to do in the countryside? I personally fish. I wonder if Chloe and Max ever went fishing.

Even the love between Kate and her rabbit.

What if Joyce and David had a baby?

What if Max and Chloe had a baby or adopted?

I don't know, Joyce may be a little old now. Although she seemed pretty young when Chloe was born.

I don't think they would unless they somehow came into a lot more money. Chloe would originally go "what the fuck?!" but eventually she would just accept it and be glad if it mellow David out and made him and Joyce happy.
Once the kid grows up a little, Chloe would be a hella awesome big sister. Even if the age gap is pretty significant.

It was pretty bad. Everything about this game was emotional for me. The scenery, the music, the characters, all of it came together beautifully. It makes me miss days when I was a kid/teenager, and it makes me nostalgic for things that happened during the game. Things that I never actually experienced.

It's kind of a perfect storm, no pun intended.

I just like to lay down in the long grass and look up into the skies.

I bet they did. Pirate fishing.

Kek

Was thinking the same thing.

They would be a very close and very happy family.
Chloe would be as awesome of a parent as William was, Max would raise someone to be as caring and nice as she is. Plus that kid's grandparents would be great.

That isnt nice

Warren is a good kid

Warren a shit!

This is in poor taste and far below Max's standard of behavior. Must be another attempt at a nightmare trying to scare Max, this time into thinking she's like Jefferson and photographs horrific things.

You're right. That sign didn't do anything to deserve that.

>thank you come again

SEASON 2 WHEN

Good times.

And they didn't do anything with it.

2017-18. Most likely not in Arcadia Bay [spoiler:([/spoiler]

True. It will focus on Max and Chloe in Seattle/Portland.

Dontnod will rush it out after Vampyr flops

>2017-18. Most likely not in Arcadia Bay
Give me da lesbians and I'll be okay.

>Max and Chloe

Never gonna happen.

There is an alternate universe where Max and Chloe get an entire franchise, that follows their adventures through time and space. Sometimes light, sometimes dark, but always strange.

>Dontnod working on anything other than life is strange season 2

It's like they hate money and critical acclaim

>Reminder that the Idiot devs tried to suggest Max was deliberately manipulating Victoria here
>Her internal dialogue clearly suggests the opposite (worried Victoria is manipulating her instead)

I haven't looked much into this stuff, but what do the game's scriptwriters have to say about stuff like this? Are their opinions the same as the developers?

I never really hear about stuff from the writers.

I wish. But at the same time they wrote them into a corner, best to just let Max and Chloe drive off and live their lives.
I just hope in S2 we get a reference or cameo from the both of them. As well as that the new characters are just as interesting and endearing.

>I wish. But at the same time they wrote them into a corner, best to just let Max and Chloe drive off and live their lives.

I don't know, I could see more being done with them. But I know a lot of people feel differently.

Digging like you can bury
Something that cannot die
Or we could wash the dirt off our hands now
Keep it from living underground

Lazy summer goddess
You can tell our whole empire
I don't have to see you right now
I don't have to see you right now

There's definitely potential for more tales, but I do not trust Dontnod to not make things even more miserable. Unless they realize how bleak both endings seemed and do something to change it.
Especially when they will not commit to one ending, so unless they retcon the final choice and create a third option to base the new story on, it's not going to happen.

Why is there a sign and candles for Mommy? Do humans normally do that when people go to hospital?

she DED

you got a new mommy now

Sort of like what happened with Fallout 3 years ago.

It would kind of funny if they did retcon the final choice though. That would mean that not only would none of your previous choices in the game matter, but even your final choice didn't matter.

Let's be honest: if Dontnod retconned season 1, Bay would become canon and Chloe would be gone forever.

Silly user. Mommy is fine at the hospital. Max is a great aunt though.

That's not a retcon. That's doubling down on the bullshit they consider canon. A proper retcon would undo pretty much all of the stupid shit that went on in Episode 5.

Good night /lisg/. Time to dream about arcadia bay,

A retcon is contradicting something that was previously established. What you describe would simply be confirming one ending as canon, not a retcon.

A retcon would be to ignore both endings and say something else happened.

without text

I'd be fine if the ending was retconned to set up a better option and open up the possibilities for more stories.

As other have said; that's not a retcon. But even so, they wouldn't do that. No ending will ever be made canon because one thing Dontnod has always maintained is that no choice is canon.
Although when you know and understand Max it's easy to see she would save Chloe.

Sleep well, user!

Goodnight

Did you draw this? It's fantastic.

Good night user.

>one thing Dontnod has always maintained is that no choice is canon

Except of course for choosing bacon omelette instead of waffles. That's canon.

No, these pics have been around for a while.

Where's the good Victoria art at?

she's my favourite bully

what are you talkin about these waffles are DELISH

And we could run away
Before the light of day
You know we always could
The mountains say, the mountains say

And we could run away
Before the light of day
You know we always could
The mountains say, the mountains say

Anything Joyce makes is delicious!