Why does Veeky Forums never talk about new cars. My old man wants to buy me a car in the $20,000 range...

Why does Veeky Forums never talk about new cars. My old man wants to buy me a car in the $20,000 range. What's the best deal I can get for the money. No, I can't talk him into buying me a used car. Am I doomed to drive a civic?

Other urls found in this thread:

cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?sourceContext=carGurusHomePage_false_0&formSourceTag=106&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=d1512&zip=08816#listing=149447856
roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a28913/fiesta-st-excellent-performance-car/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yep. Civics Si is good, though.

>hurr civic is bad
>I'm a spoiled shot everyone

Die OP

Fiesta st

Tell your dad he's a fucking idiot and could get something better and more reliable if
they shop used.

He thinks Honda econobox is most reliable. Wants to get the 2016 civic coupe.

Kill him

Tell his boomer bitch ass to take it easy on my future social security money

>can't talk him into buying a used car
Fools and their money are easily separated. Buy a civic yourself for 3k.

I see threads like this all the time, allow me to save you some time and give you the two replies

>hurr durr buy 2nd hand

>stop being spoilt shit OP

Provided you aren't a troll OP

For right at 20K or a little less, you have:

-Fiesta ST
-Manual Focus (do not get an automatic)
-Fiat 500 Abarth
-Golf
-Civic
-Corolla
-Base Impreza
-Mazda3
-'15 scion tC if you can find one

They are a few thread about the st, the toyobaru and moostangs once in a while but for somebody who like cars its better to spend 30k on a cayman than 30k on a a fully equipped civic.
>muh reliability
just buy a used avalon you can afford a cayman so can probably afford a nice car and a shitbox.
Also Veeky Forumstist are poorfags who sometime like modifications and unless its your dreamcar you should fell in the 10-20% rule(ex:you have an income of 50K then the car you buy should cost between 5k to 10k.)

Out of curiosity, I just looked up what you can buy new for under $20k. Looks like a 5sp 1.8t Jetta is your best bet. The Impreza also seems like a good choice, but you'll hate knowing you could have bought a turbo version for $5k more.

>reliable
>CVT

>Jetta
>VAG
>ever

A base model Lancer can be had with a 5 speed for $17k or so. Also seems like a decent fun choice.

Lancer is shit and like 10 years old now with minimal changes.

How would be know it's reliable when it's not even a year old?

kia forte turbo is about 21000 new comes with a shit tone of features 208 horsies and a good aftermarket. just got this a week ago and its a fuckin blast. i like it much better than the trans am i sold. pic kinda related. but mines steel blue

The Ford st are known for blowing transmissions at 20k miles. Get a corolla s or a civic si

Is that auto or manual tranny?

Also is the Corolla S much different than the base Corolla? Can it be found in manual?

Get a Versa and spend the remaining $8000 making it V-Spec tier.

Show him this
cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?sourceContext=carGurusHomePage_false_0&formSourceTag=106&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=d1512&zip=08816#listing=149447856

You can easily get the latest model 3 series under 20k used.

If you truly can't convince him then get a Chevy Malibu

I also just bought one of these, and they are fun as fuck

Buying new is a fucking scam.
Suckers and idiots only apply.

Why does your father hate used cars? Why would anyone buy new ever except to be extravagant?

>used goods are superior

I bet you run into Home Depot and immediately ask them to point you to the used toilets section.

>used toilets section
Wat

Also, 0/10

If you go used you can get something actually cool for $20k

The manual fords a shit. The corolla is still available stick, the s has like 10-20hp more than the base and it's pretty comfortable for an appliance. For exactly 20k you can have the base Chevy Colorado with a stick. It doesn't have a back seat though.

The aveo rs loaded is only about 17-18k last I checked.

>The corolla is still available stick, the s has like 10-20hp more than the base and it's pretty comfortable for an appliance.
Sounds perfect for my needs. I want a somewhat sporty reliable econobox. It's what I'm used to.

How is the tranny?

Because most of them are shit unless you want to spend 50-100k+ for a stock car with no aftermarket unless its a yanktank and thats well out of most of Veeky Forums's budget

Honda HR-V

>Why does Veeky Forums never talk about new cars
We're too fucking poor to buy new cars and defend it by saying used 90s shitboxes are better anyway.

This

Too poor to buy (and insure, as per the state's protection racket) good new cars worth buying new is more like it

Everyone can afford a new corolla. Everyone. But you'd have to be an idiot.

Mazda 6 or really any mazda. They are much more fun to drive than most on the market in that range. Though hold out for the new Civic type r or SI if you dont have to pay for insurance. If you do, hahahah you would just have another car note each month

Hey OP how old can you go?
2011+ Mustang GT 400+ horses if you like straights
Brz/Frs, ND Miata if you like handling
2009+ 370z 300ish hp and decent handling if you want a bit of both worlds

If you don't give a shit then buy your favorite looking ecobox and enjoy the fuel economy and reliability that comes with it.

'10 370z

Prove it. I've yet to see Focus/Fiesta STs break transmissions with 400+ whp. The complaints all have to do with the dual clutch autos in the base models (DCT) and not the 6 speed manuals.

Get a Fiesta ST, OP. $21-22k for a base model. Otherwise a leftover 2015 Civic Si.

roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a28913/fiesta-st-excellent-performance-car/

>Why does Veeky Forums never talk about new cars
Too few to talk about. 86/BRZ, WRX, FiST/FoST, Miata, lower spec Mustang and Camaros, and then the expensive stuff like M model BMWs and Mercedes AMG.

There's also Yurop hot hatches but those seem to carry a premium outside of Yurop because Yurop.

Just about everything else is more appliance than its predecessors. Automatic this, automatic that. Transmission, headlights and wipers, brakes, etc. Sports "trims" instead of performance models.

Anyway, consider a WRX, Civic Si, Fiesta or Focus ST, or a Miata.

>buddy of mine buys a 2014 Ford Focus
>within a week the Tranny is shitting the bed
>take it to the dealer
>Their calender is booked, 80% of it are other focus owners waiting on new clutches or transmission swaps.

Literally this.
Or a Focus ST

The new 2017 Hyundai Elantra is great and there are tons of rebates on them. No CVT bullshit. Best warranty.