>post what you've upgraded
>post how much you love the damned thing
>post anything BMW

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

vancouver.craigslist.ca/rds/cto/5678505421.html
sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/5693758611.html
philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/5690083730.html
kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/winnipeg/2007-bmw-335i-335i-luxury-car-kia-pricing/1177105285?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/markham-york-region/2007-bmw-335i-hardtop-convertible-navigation-shift-paddles-m3/1184435314
kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/markham-york-region/2008-bmw-3-series-335i-coupe-2-door/1184078465
greenville.craigslist.org/cto/5662467128.html
greenville.craigslist.org/cto/5672166667.html
2ae.nl/users/bts/obc.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>that pic
stunning.

OC is best C.

Someone posted it just last thread, I had to use it.

How gay am I for liking this shop

That is basically the compilation favourable rice. At least it doesn't have flimsy fibreglass aero. That is where it goes down south.

I'd at least leave the kidneys in though.

bluez reporting in

Red pill me on the 2 series. One of those with the M series stuff but isn't actually an M.

They are running under $20k with ~50k miles.

Whats the deal here? My dad had one for a while and it was a kick ass little car. I'm tempted to buy one.

Found a one owner 2005 325i with less than 80k miles. Owner says he's got receipts for eleven years of preventative maintenance. Give me one fucking reason not to /bmw/.

leddit says this'll cost at most $400 to repair, it's going to at least be a full respray of the front bumper, possibly strip it down to plastic and build it back up again

what's /bmwg/ say

they're good, probably one of the few good things bmw makes right now
is it a 228i msport or something with all the visual shit?

don't get it in xdrive and don't get it without a stick. i mean auto is ok but you gotta get dat stick dood

because it's a 325i and you'll regret not getting a 330i or an m3

a respray to paintmatch shouldn't be much more than $500 for a bumper. try and get a discount on labor price

D-do i pull the trigger?

First car i have no idea what im doing Veeky Forums help

vancouver.craigslist.ca/rds/cto/5678505421.html

>vancouver.craigslist.ca/rds/cto/5678505421.html

>200k kilometers

gee i dunno user.

can you keep up with maintenance?

atleast its not the v12.

>Going anywhere close to Surrey

>1981 BMW E21
>just replaced the battery
>intermittently won't start, even after a long trip (this was happening before I replaced the battery as well)
>there's still battery power, though (warning buzzer and idiot lights on when I turn key)
>however, starter won't turn at all
>need jump each time
>battery connections fine, battery itself secure
>alternator checks out fine

Why? ;_;

>sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/5693758611.html

Is this really worth $13.5

VERBOTEN

That's a beautiful fucking postcard

This is the cleanest, lowest mileage, best kept E46 within 300 miles I've seen in a month, and it's configured exactly how I would have ordered one from the factory. I can live without the extra horsepower.

I'd say go for it. What color is it?

Black. Tan leather.

Is the starter bad?

>ywn be the second owner to an immaculate E46 M3 in LSB

Buy it and turbo it cunt

If you were doing a clutch job on your car, what else would you replace besides what's in the clutch kit?
I'm the fag whose car is stuck in Colorado.

Because you just secretly might be gay and want a miata, also a 12" black cock up your ass.
Otherwise buy it.

I want one. To park next to one of these.

I did look at a Miata yesterday, but I'm too tall for one.

As long as I'm not looking at a cooling system rebuild within the next six months, I'll probably buy it.

I've read that supercharging is the popular method with 325s. I'm a long way from having money for a FI kit either way, though; if I had the cash, I'd just buy an M3 though, lol

Soooo.... Just like almost every other E46 out there?

Personally?

Slave cylinder, Guibo, transmission mounts and rear cooling seal on the back of my M62

am i a retard for considering this, /bmw/?

philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/5690083730.html

obviously the price has to come down a little. i'm thinking an offer of 3500 cash would be fair, assuming the car is as good as he says it is.

i guess it's nice.....
keep an eye out for a used ESS supercharger on ebay/bimmerforums/bimmerfest, it'll help at least

also, engine swap to a 330i is super easy since it's geometrically the same engine

eh, not really
although if it's been super well cared for, with records, maybe

It is very clean, just buff and polish the paint and man will it be a looker.

The 3 series seems to have gotten bigger over time

>3500

They very likely won't go for that. But good luck.

Must admit OP this pic looks pretty damn nice, especially since I saw what the vanilla pic looked like from the last thread

>buying THAT close to Whalley

That car has probably been broken into many times or it's been stolen.

Grab the VIN

Took it to the auto center twice already and they keep saying that the brakes on the 4 series and any M performance cars will consistently squeak.

Anyone have any experience on this shit?

Yah or nah? Might go look at it on Monday.

kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/winnipeg/2007-bmw-335i-335i-luxury-car-kia-pricing/1177105285?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

That's the same line we've gotten on our E55 AMG. It is probably the pad material and not the calipers that cause the noise, because with harder material at slower speeds you don't have to press as hard to have more grip on the pads, while simultaneously having less percentage of the surface in contact with the pressure, so more room for air and vibrations.

At least that is what I think is the case, I may be entirely wrong. My old M3 squealed more than my current, though I haven't got to drive it in the summer heat too much yet.

Well it looks to be in good condition for the mileage of a daily. I just really don't like the pre-facelift E90, with the eyelids on the grilles. Also, I'd ditch the wheels for something with a bit of an inset. That would make it go from looking like a base model to something with a bit of class.

>you will never own an LSB clownshoe

>eyelids on the grilles
>ditch the wheels

Yah, both are pretty terrible. I'm really just looking for an (almost) daily summer car, pickup truck is driving me nuts.

Do like this guy did and colour-match them, it looks a lot better.
kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/markham-york-region/2007-bmw-335i-hardtop-convertible-navigation-shift-paddles-m3/1184435314

Or if you want a facelift here is a coupé albeit with a few more kms for two grand more. The red is sharp though.

kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/markham-york-region/2008-bmw-3-series-335i-coupe-2-door/1184078465

Forgot link.

that fucking feel

>that cancerous recline on the front seats

I tried out the OBCs distance calculation function, which while fun I'll probably never use again, but now it won't stop counting down. It's actually gone into minus distance and the reset button isn't doing anything. Anyone experienced this or know how to fix it?

Hello /BMW/

Can you please help me with a tough decision?

greenville.craigslist.org/cto/5662467128.html

or

greenville.craigslist.org/cto/5672166667.html

Which would make for a great first BMW?

Thank you for your input!

I've only noticed this with bmw

How the hell is a 98 500 dollars cheaper than a 2003.

I see this all the time. E36 in good shape with 200k miles for close to the same price as a 2005 in the same shape.

Well I'd choose the e36 because it is an e36 and also is cleaner and better paint and interior colours.

Regardless, the e36 owner knows what he is talking about. The e46 owner doesn't even know the proper name of the car.

And well 5 speed or an auto, that is up to personal preference.

Wait, I read the automatic as being the transmission not the seats. Who calls them automatic seats?

Thanks for the responses.

The owner said the check engine light turn on and off at random times. Should I worry?

Also, he doesnt really know much about his own car, or do FWD 4 Cylinder BMWs exist?

The only fwd bmw so far is that new 2-series shitmobile

e36's are heading back up in value while e46s are still going down

Replace all the shift lever bushungs and transmission bushings

I put some carbon-look foil on the worn silver trim, turned out good I think.

Also...I have been watching your progress with great interest. I am literally at the airport catching a red eye to pick up an E39 tomorrow afternoon I bought, to turn around and drive it 2k miles.

gloss black > carbon fiber
looks kinda ricer bro sorry

Wow! That looks fantastic. My girlfriends car is having the same issue. I never thought of that.

Do you know the brand name? How hard was the process ?

Looks well matching low key and clean, definitely not ricer ostentatious.

What did it look like before?

It was just generic cheap film (biltema)
Got lots of air bubbles, but poked small holes with a needle where the edges of the texture meets and squeezed it out. Spent about 30-40 mins per piece at a medium pace.

Yeah, gloss would be nice, but it's harder to remove bubbles from. Rest of the car is stock with no stickers & shit, so in whole it doesn't feel too rice. Better be careful though.

That actually looks pretty decent.

Forgot to do before-pics, but gloss gray/silver. Prev owner had a Supersprint-sticker there, which left a visible shadow where it was, even after cleaning the piece thoroughly with alcohol.

Don't worry I don't think it looks rice at all. Better than chrome, it's the interior and it matches + compliments well from what is pictured

Me again, anyone have any experience with lightweight flywheels on these cars? Gripforce has a clutch kit + lightweight flywheel going for a bit over $400 and it's very tempting.
getting parts list together still, you've all been very helpful
not going to replace anything hydraulic as it's all verified good and if it ends up going bad it doesn't necessitate removal of the transmission again
I will use this as an opportunity to remove the clutch delay valve while I'm under there.

pls respond

>beat to absolute shit E46 is worth as much as a decent E36
How does this confuse you? Are you a special needs person?

Raw carbon fiber looks gaudy when it's real, when you know it's fake it's just about the most ricey thing this side of organic body kits

No personal experience, but I've mostly heard people recommending against lightweight flywheels in daily drivers.

Not sure if it's a problem on your particular car, but I've known cars with lightweight flywheels to stall when the AC compressor kicks on at idle.

Check this shit out nigga, might help your case.

Also a general heads up to anyone who has an E32/E34 with the "multi million button OBC".

If you press 1000 and 10 at the same time, you should see a "TEST" text. press 1 till it reads TEST07 and press the R/S button. You will now see how many litres of go juice you have in your juicebox, gasoline.

There are some other nifty little things you can see like your current speed, exact "at the moment" current fuel consumption instead of average and so on.
You can also reset all the fault codes in the car with TEST21.

Do note that the TEST menu might be locked out, to unlock it, go to TEST19 and it should ask for a code. The code is the current day and month added together, so 24.07.2016 would be 31. The code changes every day for the added total of the current month and day.
If the TEST menu is unlocked, it should read FREI in TEST19

Read up here for more
2ae.nl/users/bts/obc.htm

The OBC is a surprisingly nifty little tool.

Also, happiness is a clean BMW

Almost finished with this one. Redid literally everything front to back. Only thing that still needs to be done is a clutch kit and some Bilsteins and H&R sports.

>dat kidney grille evolution
u can grill my kidneys bavaria u sexy fuk

You do realize we can read the sign you painted over? It's visible in your car's reflection.

Consider yourself doxed.

I do know that, but its not my business, besides, you can't grab all the letters from the reflection. But go ahead and dox them, see what I care, they are the neighboring car shop.

Oh yeah, also have to mount my PSS's 245/40/17. The car has a stag. set of DS2's (7.5f/8.5r) but I have an extra set of 8.5 that I will be running on it for that squared 8.5.

Looks nice! But what did you have redone and why?

how much will it cost me to get the motor in the seat fixed so i can finally recline my seat forward?

own a 98 328i

I bought the car for pretty cheap with a timing issue. The tow truck driver blew my motor up bringing it back to the shop. (It worked when we bought the car, wouldn't turn over when we got it back to the shop.) Found out 2 weeks later, when I pulled the motor, that the tow truck driver blew a hole in my motor. (see pic) So I had an extra motor lying around from one of the other 3 TI's I bought and tore the motor apart and put it back together and did everything on it that needed to be replaced or that would give out within the next 100k miles. Mainly did it so I could have an insanely reliable DD, Got a rebuilt top end, new flywheel, All hoses have been replaced as well as most of the cooling system, driveshaft, etc. Its been a fun project to rebuild this thing back to stock and will be nice as a little DD that will be pretty much "new" mechanically, they get great mileage.

Next project is a '95 CS that will get an S50 and full M suspension.

I'ma spam some more picture of the new motor and some other things I've done on the car. Sorry in advanced.

The motor that's been dropped in.

Clutch Fork Pivot, stock is plastic but aftermarket and BMW makes a brass one.

Found the PDI in the fuse box, I was going to buy the car from the original owner but a kid snagged it before me, had it 3 weeks developed the knock than I bought it from him. I still have all the maintenance and booklets. The car is seriously super clean. 150k miles.

Ah so you're a ti collector like my neighbour?

I'd like to try his S52 ti sometime.

Okay, who is...

...Copying who here?

saw this today

the giant bumper is a little comical but still one of the best looking bmws

Nice

Not as comical as the plate frame. Nice condition and colour though.

Yeah i had a laugh at that, but it's still clean af

Hahahahhahahhahah. I know him. His clown shoe is gorgeous and his M2 is rad!!!! But yeah I love me my TI's.

Whoops ment to post this with it.

Oh no I haven't seen that yet, did he get it recently because I've been out of the state for a bit. I drive by his house pretty much every day I go somewhere otherwise.