Dodge will release a hellish version of the viper, a supercharged v10 engine that produces 770HP

>Dodge will release a hellish version of the viper, a supercharged v10 engine that produces 770HP.

Anyone got pics/info? Thoughts?

viper's dead. they won't retrofit it to work with the new side0impact airbag standard for NHTSA.

>770 HP
That's it?

>post yfw it gets btfo by the egoboost GT

Forced induction would ruin the entire point of the viper. There's a twin turbo kit that makes over 1000hp already. Dodge doesn't have to do anything to the performance of it.

>2 extra cylinders
>only 63 added HP
No.

>less power equals more power
V6 cuck logic

>muh straight line speed
Drag racing goes on cuck

This is so fucking boring.

I was replying to your HP comment.
>V6 cuck confirmed for not being able to read his own posts
LMAO

>Thoughts?
Fiat owns Ferrari and won't allow an american car to be faster.

Hence why the viper doesn't already just have the lighter, revvier, more powerful hellcat 6.4L.

>horsepower determines lap times

Where did you get this info? won't a super-charger and cooling system just make the whole car heavier? not worth it just to simply add horsepower no matter how much.

The fact that the Viper's engine weighs much more than the vette's and the whole car is lighter overall is where id like to keep it. Why not make one with some carbon fiber.

I heard the Hellcat engine doesn't fit.

It'd only require a bulge in the hood to clear in height, benefit is because it's shorter you can use the extra front room for more shit, additional coolers and such.

Literally not what I said.
>implying mental gymnastics=lap times
ROFL

Hes using that ford shill logic. where no matter what situation, what type of car egoboost is the best

>fiat owns Ferrari
They don't though, retard.

FCA owns pretty much 70% of it, it's just not all under the same company like maserati is.

>70%
[citation needed]

33% are owned by piero and exor (who own 29% of FCA) , the rest is distributed between FCA shareholders

I want a t/a so bad. also the acr is badass enough, i don't think a viper hellcat is necessary, would be cool though.

A dream come true, its already faster than multibillion german projects like the 918 down the track but now it will be unbeatable, it will probably reach non road legal times.

Oh and the triggerings will be AWESOME :)

Cant deck the snek

Supercharged snek? It has quite a punch in TORQUES as it is, imagine with a supercharger.

How does it feel that you will never see a ferd GT other than in a cars & coffee every now and then, then back in the bubble of the garage?

Also put your trip bak 7mge

im kind of settling on the fact that im probably going to buy a viper acr in approx 6 years save this post and mark my words

Fiat actually spun off Ferrari last year.

also the viper isnt about numbers

the viper is about american defiance and waste

Ford is only selling the GT's to people who will drive them, so that's false. Keep talking out of your ass.

>"Boy, I am going to track my GT!"
>"Oh, we hit 200 miles on the odo! Time for a service"
>Queue 20000 dollar bill
>"I think I'll keep it pristine then sell it in 10 years for double the money after all..."

Also your post implies that 50 year olds have the guts or the skills to push these cars.

k, you know more than ford obviously

I work in sales. I know more about customers. Do you think some boy racer is going to waltz in to a ford dealeship and be like, "Yo. I heard the GTs are pretty fast. I want one. Here are 500 Gs."

Apart from some ford factory drivers, the rest are pre sold to people who have money and have been loyal customers, but not with the whole ferrari autism, which is a good thing. The average age of the GT owner will probably range from high 30s if they are lucky to mid and high 50s. The same thing happened with the supposedly hardcore foxbody cobra R, where the majority of the cars went to old people with newly acquired racing licenses. So keep up with your shitposting. The threads are getting deleted, and hopefully you will move to another subject to shitpost soon 7mge.

Now call me buttmad or something 'cause that's the only thing you can say when you are crawled in a corner with no argument.

I'm sure Viper will be back but not for many years with a complete redesign. Expect to see one of the classic names slapped onto something to tide us over, maybe Superbird.

Barracuda is almost definitely coming back but I doubt it'll be a track-style car. Maybe though.

I'm not 7mge. Keep making assumptions based off of 0 evidence.

ford>you

what?

Whatever makes you sleep at night better.

Will probably be more reliable that way.

I can't possibly imagine most driven Hellcats Will have the same engine past 10 years.

Low production car with a set final production date?

Re-engineer the motor for boost and design a V10 manifold for a blower.

All while keeping the car at OEM levels of reliability (Even for Fiat).

No chance, none. Those four special edition ones are about as nice of a sendoff they can get past the beancounters.

omfg are you really suggesting that a racecar is faster than all those air-conditined, premium audio equipped, leather-finished roadcars?

>implying you couldn't just get 770HP while staying NA

It's 8.4 litres, they just under stressed it for reliability.

>they just under stressed it for reliability.
what reliability?

I thought they under-stressed it to meet emissions.

I would get into crippling debt to have one of these

>durrr chryslers are unreliable
viper is the toughest sports car you can buy

They should make a diesel Viper.
And call it the Rattlesnake.

It's a 2 valve per cylinder engine, it's tuned as powerful as it can get.

Would buy.

The point of the Viper is a v10.

I don't like your tone

>After all those years of the truck engine meme, chrysler finally snaps and makes a prototype
>"You say it has a truck engine? FINE. Here's one with a truck engine"
>Stroked 6.7 cummins w/ twin turbos pushing 600+ hp and 1300+ nm of torque
>Luxuries include abs and tcs in two modes. "This might save you but you will die if you overdo it" and "god help you if you turn it off"
>355s in the rear to somewhat help it put power down, so you can maybe move instead of just accelerating the rotation of earth.
>Full rollcage and trailer hitch come as standard equipment.

The Viper is already faster than every Ferrai around a track, LaFerrari included.

If you take away the ACR, a fully loaded T/A is still faster than 90% of their lineup.

That ain't shit, Honda is making a sonic edition civic

Would buy only if it had a provision for a gooseneck or fifth wheel hitch.

Negative. Factory superchargers will not clear the hood.

They could just chop the roof though, and end up with the same safety standards as the Corvette - which the Viper would pass. PRoblem is, Viper is a hardtop right now.
>tfw safety laws are forcing the Viper to go back to it's roots

Viper V10 doesn't use the modern Hemi head, it uses a wedge head. When you compare the Viper V10 to the LT4/LS9 (all fo these are wedgeheads), then 800 seems par for the course. Add in some pumping loss, and modern emmissions, and 770 doesn't seem bad at all.

>lighter
Hellcat = iron block, Viper V10 = aluminium block. Also, Viper doesn't include a supercharger assembly and intercoolers. The Hellcat engine is heavier.
>6.4
It's a 6.2 though.

Also, supercharger won't clear the Viper hood.

Heavier doesn't matter. The ACR just needs more power to overcome it's aero wall - so we can add even more aero.
>Why not make one with some carbon fiber.
Already being done - althougha next-gen Viper with a carbon fibre tub would be nice.

>I'm sure Viper will be back but not for many years with a complete redesign.
This, but I think it'll keep the Viper name. Plenty of wallet-heavy 40 year olds by then that want their childhood poster car.
>Superbird
Ought to be a trim level with lot's of aero.
>Barracuda
I'm hearing rumors they're making a 'cuda on the Giulia chassis. Two-door probably, but no idea if they're going with the Hemi, Hellcat, or that twinturbo V6 (neither would be bad imo).

The block will endure, but probably not the supercharger. The Hemi is a stout fucking engine. It takes a lot of fuckery to destroy one.

Not him, but it's not about the block though, it's about the internals. It's about on par with a 5.7 and up LS, and the heads flow amazingly well, but the stock 5.7 and 6.4 Hemi longblocksaren't that well suited to boost over ~650hp (just a rough number). Now, the Hellcat is completely reworked, and 707hp isn't too hard on the internals for that one.

>diesel supercar with a JUST tcs mode
I love it

>>Stroked 6.7 cummins w/ twin turbos pushing 600+ hp and 1300+ nm of torque

>rolling coal with sidepipes
I'd buy it.

>600hp cummins viper
Would buy/10

Yeah, I was being simplistic. The changes they did make to the internals are theoretically strong enough to endure heavy abuse - after all, we haven't heard of any Hellcats throwing a rod yet - but they are still the weak link. The block could probably survive any issues, though.

>to compete, Ford releases a Powerstroke V10 Mustang
>Chevy drops a Duramax Corvette
>world becomes dieselpunk in 5 years

Please god.

They're planning on releasing a handful of limited edition supercharged examples for the final production models kinda like breakup sex
The v10 already has forged internals so its just matter of bolting on the supercharger and adding a longer fan belt and modified cowl injector hood which is not that hard.. I'll be financing one for sure.

They'd have to rework the entire engine internals though. You'd need lower compression pistons, which probably requires new rods too, and then you find out the crank can't deal with this power for as long as the warranty takes.

>diesel Corolla
TORQUE
O
U
G
E

Yeah, no.

Modern viper V10 are more than happy to make 1000hp all day every day without opening the engine.

>Modern viper V10 are more than happy to make 1000hp all day every day without opening the engine.
Happy? Sure. Will 99.9% of those vehicles do that, without breaking the warranty, using conservative factorive tuning that has to take emmissions into account? Probably not.

I like the viper but they never fixed the long running issues all vipers had which was piss poor build quality.

I rented one for a weekend, everything inside buzzes and fizzes and the it feels cheap and plastic. Touch screen was more retarded than my 6 year old dell school laptop. Glove box opened during a launch.

In slow speed it's so jerky, maybe mine had a bad clutch or something but it was tricky at times to go slow and you smell hot clutch in traffic. I have zero problems in my subbie.

It's a storm of fury when you floor it but holy hell you can see the fuel gauge move down as you do. Brakes are too stiff, I was almost rear ended by a truck.

Did you forget about me?

literally this

stop defending a shitty italian plastics company basement dwellers

This guy that lives 6 houses down has one of those, I hear it every time it turns on and when it rolls by my house shakes. Bad ass