fggkusogeking.challonge.com/kof98
fggkusogeking.challonge.com/sfv
fggkusogeking.challonge.com/st
youtube.com/watch?v=G8QCj2jYfM0
youtube.com/watch?v=Y_SDcV-5DaA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

sfv is a good game

>KUSOGE KING TOURNAMENT SERIES
It's that time again, /fgg/. Time to play a bunch of dead kusoges (and some not dead kusoges) and watch as people gloat because they're the only people that still play that dead game.

>Points System
This time we'll be assigning a point value to the top 8 finishers in each tournament. The player with the most points at the end of the series will be declared Kusoge King.

1st - 32 points
2nd - 16 points
3rd - 8 points
4th - 4 points
5th/6th - 2 points
7th/8th - 1 point

The man with the most points will be allowed to ban 1 game from the next season's lineup.

>Schedule & Games Lineup

fggkusogeking.challonge.com/

September 16th @8:00 PM EST - SF3: Third Strike - fggkusogeking.challonge.com/3s
September 30th @8:00 PM EST - Vampire Saviour - fggkusogeking.challonge.com/vsav
October 14th @8:00 PM EST - King of Fighters '02 - fggkusogeking.challonge.com/kof02
October 28th @8:00 PM EST - Ultra Street Fighter 4 - fggkusogeking.challonge.com/usf4
November 11th @8:00 PM EST - Jojo's Bizarre Adventure - fggkusogeking.challonge.com/jojos
November 25th @8:00 PM EST - King of Fighters '98 - fggkusogeking.challonge.com/kof98
December 9th @8:00 PM EST - Street Fighter 5 - fggkusogeking.challonge.com/sfv
December 16th @8:00 PM EST - Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo - fggkusogeking.challonge.com/st

>Rules
-All games best of 3.
-Grand finals best of 5.
-If connection is unplayable attempt to fix it however you can. If it remains unplayable one player may forfeit or you may attempt to play it out.
-Check-in time is 1 hour prior to tournament start. Bracket will be shuffled at start time.
-In the event of a controller malfunction or any other event that disrupts the match the responsible player must forfeit the round. If no player can be determined at fault replay the set with the score before the malfunction.

If there's anything you think I missed let me know.

3S TOURNAMENT IS TODAY

sfv is a great game

big anime breasts

reminder that xbone finally got another fighter
it beats waiting for yakuza bonus on ps4

when will you guys actually play the game instead of sniffposting about it?

whenever i buy any anime game, i get the feeling that it's just a ticket to play for a week or so before the population plummets back to the ground. i remember buying sign for the ps3 at launch. i honestly thought it would have a population comparable to sf4 because of how much people talked up guilty gear here.

3d fighters are garbo m8

UNiST on PS4 when

sfv is awful

>buying anime without having anyone to play locally
burning money desu

I know, it's like magic.

all the vf5fs dlc works

>go to local
>get bed bugs
really feeling down right now senpai

>muh population
Stick to Dota 2.

Most overused/clichè supers
1) Character with sword delivers final hit when they sheathe it
2) Character launches opponent in the air then does a Maximum Spider or variation thereof
3) ???
4) ???
5) ???

Ranbu supers. Granted KOf does them but honestly pretty overused even for a thing limited to them.

Energy beam
Berserker barrage

what exactly isnt cliched about literally every super in these games at this point? Is super charged projectile not generic? what about guy walking away from explosion or super grab where you get thrown up in the air anjd then pile drived, shits all generic

Cinematic super

cute pantsu!

ama from a silver ryu main

post supers

how often do you jab aa

>what exactly isnt cliched about literally every super
May's pink whale
k9999 Akira's arm

why would you ever play a game that didn't have a Bruce Lee character?

what about rashid and fangs supers or that bitch from kof how orgasms as she steals your soul, and I guess dimitris trans super, but thats all I can really think of

So.

Here we are at friday. I played a bunch of not street fighter and some granblue. I made a grilled cheese sandwich for the first time. Now I come here after checking shillicone and eventscrubs.

Wheres that VF6? From already denied AC6 in the works so surely theres something to take from this TGS

Name a recently released game with a Bruce Lee type character

there aren't any, that's the problem.

someone see me in st

Yie ar kung fu :^)

always dp
next question

see me in the 3s tournament baka

someone us west better play me in sfv right now or esle im gonna make black people slaves again!!!!!!

ok
CFN is KingKannibal

>be Ultra Plat Vega/ Plat Fang
>cant react to fast dashes
>everyone online goes nuts all the time, betting it all at every point of the game
>cant play neutral or develop a good ground game since everyone jumps 24/7
>jumping works anyway since one good jump in, will lead into a combo, which will lead into pressure, which if guessed wrong will lead to stun, then to death
>lose every match like this, and overall frustrated 90% of the time playing sfv
I really cant take it anymore, it feels like sfv isn't a good fighting game and that i've been tricking myself into believing otherwise. Anyone share a similar experience?

So /fgg/ tell me who you main in sfv and why.

Anime supers are usually pretty awful but 2hu takes the cake

urien because he's the only fun character in this dogshit game

whens alex trailer

If you wanna get better at natural find an online friend you can practice with and do it Japanese style, just play the neural game with them and when one of you gets knocked down let them get back up and reset the neutral.

Honestly because most AAs are trash I find myself doing jump buttons to AA which results in me jumping more trying to anticipate a jump in which also leads to me jumping in on the opponent more even when I'm trying not to.

Not realistic enough for you bitchboy?

DO WE HAB STREEEEEEAM FOR 3S?

Rashid because I can relate to his do-good personality and arab bloodline. Zangief and Balrog are my casual characters

Used to play Cody and Sagat/Adon though. Really miss those guys

K sent

Nash because he's easy to play and I win with him.

youtube.com/watch?v=G8QCj2jYfM0

No because it's usually
*cut to black*
>Particle effect cluster fuck
>Maybe a poorly animated character closeup
Because they have 0 budget and try to be too epic instead of just scaling it back

as a developer it's gotta be hard to come up with original supers or attacks period. like there are only so many ways you can beat the shit out of someone while keeping it satisfying.

Should it be series of normals looped over and over again or 5 minutes in photoshop scaled special move?

Necalli - I like his A E S T H E T I C S and his play style. Too bad he literally did nothing on story mode.

there will be a stream yes. i hope someone will come forward to commentate though because i'll be running the bracket, stream and what not

Gief because I feel guilty all the time.

vega because its easy as fuck, has great walk speed and FBA isnt a charge move

is it tomorrow? I can commentate

It should be something that fits the character that you can pull off well in your budget.

it's today (Friday) at 8 pm eastern

ggs

not really

It's too fucking hard to micro my character on PS4.

How the fuck is this shit the tournament standard?

Yeah ggs, sry I probably should have specified my rank

does he play similar to Eagle?

Anyone else want to play?

Eagle's Rekka from what I remember right?
No, not at all, he's basically long pokes and anti fireball.

Only playable in 98UM, PS2 XI and NGBC I think.

micro deez nutzz

>let me tell you how games I will never play should be made

>have to stock juri's fireball
>slow as dirt
>dissipates halfway across the screen
>does less damage than other fireballs

why?

>tfw only play 5 of those games once a month

>PS2 XI and NGBC
is the balancing different from the arcade version?

>valle switches to juri
>plummets in points
>shes good I swear guys!

derp post of the month I say

what rank? us west?

its for pressure, not for spamming and damage

Super plat, yeah. CFN is SeaPerson

ah i think i've fought you before. i'm that shitty rashid

They added characters on the PS2.

>It should be something that fits the character that you can pull off well in your budget.

Funny you should post KoF given how shit XIII's Neomaxes were.

youtube.com/watch?v=Y_SDcV-5DaA

play blazblue

>XIII neomaxes
>shit

get your fucking head checked

Yeah I fucking hate XIII

I'll still play if you're shitty, I just want to play a few casual sets before bed but no one is online.

alright i'm practicing my shimmies and confirms so i'll try and play honest

send invite, TreasureTrain

Maybe if you like gigantic badly done special effects with reused animations

>sf5 was shit
>revelator was just a pathetic attempt at milking the dying gg userbase
>kof 14 is shit
is this t7's time?

so who's on the chopping block in the kof14 balance patch?

afaik the only two neomaxes with any animation reuse are kyo and terry

And Robert and Hwa and I assume Joe and more most probably.

NAK
Probably Mature and Leona
Athena and Love Heart maybe but they're not that strong, just have good gimmicks.

Maybe Villains and possibly Dino?

there is no animation reuse between those three characters neomaxes

maybe, but from what i'm seeing, it seems much more useful to use it as a combo extender after mp > f.hp target combo

fggkusogeking.challonge.com/3s

First tournament today at 8 PM EST. It's not too late to register. Check-in starts at 7 PM EST.

twitch tv/pickles2393 is the stream. We'll be calling matches through Twitch chat so make sure you have an account if you're playing. I'll be in the discord if people want to commentate.

Literally no reason not to play. I'll probably get 0-2'd myself.

>implying

Mai's is very blatant, Andy's Neomax is just his Zan'ei as usual, Clark's inital grab is reused.

>Hwa
>not reused

Are you high? His knee move is very visible in the first part of Neomax

>There's no animation re use in Robert's giant divekick
>There's no animation re use in Hwa's DP Knee
>Maybe Villains and possibly Dino?
for buffs I mean

his uppercut has a different animation to his neomax, if you look closely, he winds his arms backwards before the leap in the neomax which he doesnt do in the dp