German Engineering

Can we get a German engineering thread going on?

>$10,000 timing belt changes
>parts that cost less than lunch cost $1000's to replace thanks to retarded design meaning the whole front of the car needs to come off
>random parts like the ECU or fuel pump need to phone home to Ingolstadt to be verified before the immobilizer will allow the car to start, makes DIY impossible
>replacing wear parts like batteries, windscreen wipers, etc are a total chore
>taking interior parts apart are a retarded process
>seats break all the time
>shit handling, no fun, unreliable, mad MPG

Why would anyone buy VAG?

>$10,000 timing belt changes

The v10 in the RS6 and the 4.2L with the chain on the back of the engine would cost 2K at the most expensive shop I know of.

> retarded design meaning the whole front of the car needs to come off

Service position?? Its designed to quickly slip the nose off the car for ease of access?

0/10

Shit bait.

Even a base A4 have expensive timing belt repairs. Google "B6 S4 timing chain", some people just drop a whole new engine in instead of doing timing chain maintenance as it is cheaper.

Kill yourself.

Undoing 5 bolts to take off the front is easier than pulling the engine.

The transverse 1.8T and 2.0T are very simple to do.

>transverse
So only the A3 and TT.

>have to remove the whole front of the car just to change one part
holy fucking shit lmao

>diffs leaking everywhere
>groaning from drivetrain at low speed
>steering wheel shudder while parking
>huge turning radius
>steering vibrates at full lock

#JustQuattroThings xddddd

oh wow more memes

>German engineering thread
okay
>doing maintenance on BMW
>part needs to be replaced
>open hood, replace part
>close hood
feels good

Let's post German cars after 1969 please.

>>groaning from drivetrain at low speed

My Golf does this.

>deleted the dipstick

Lets not post riced out shite please.

It has a drop, no camber and only a diffrent set of wheels.

Not seeing the rice.

Any non-Audi alloys on an Audi is rice as fuck.

The whole point of an Audi is that it's meant to be a fast luxury car that people who don't know about cars don't expect to be fast. The car in the picture just looks like the kids dad died and he inherited a shitty 2.0 car and couldn't afford to rice it out properly so opted for some tasteless alloys instead.

What specific car are you talking about? Oh I see you're just talking out of your ass and regurgitating a bunch of bullshit generalizations you overhead your dad or uncle say.

Shut the fuck up

>specific car
>VAG products

Nice reading skills, fucking kill yourself retarded faggot.

mad weebshit

>B6 S4
>Base

Pick one.

>VAG products

I own a 2001 VW with a VR6 engine and none of the shit OP mentioned are true about my car.

I can change out the battery in about two (2) minutes.
I can pull the front end off in about ten (10) minutes.
I've adapted a key and instrument cluster (immobilizer) and all it cost me was $99 for software and $20 for a USB to OBD II cable. Now I can do this in about five (5) minutes and it requires zero (0) phone calls.
I had a timing chain job done for less than a thousand bucks. I can do it myself now for way cheaper.
The guy at auto zone changed my wipers for free in about 3 minutes.
The only thing you need to disassemble the interior are some torx bits which cost maybe 20 bucks for a set.
An oil change can be done with a 19mm wrench and a universal filter wrench.

tl;dr: Shut the fuck up.

>responding to Audi's in general

Kill yourself fucking mong.

>the immobilizer which shouldn't be a problem at all only cost me like $150
>my timing chain cost me like $1000 which isn't too much xdddddd

To be fair oil changes are a piece of piss even on my A4 too, but seriously, kill yourself.

It's a little off the mark from OP's fucking post, isn't it?

Shut the fuck up you fucking idiot.

0/10 weaboo

mfw a subaru is better and cheaper, plus it doesn't have haldex garbage
kek

>10k timing belt changes
>timing belt
>belt

all wrong user, stop talking shit.

I own that exact car, and i've looked into it.

the timing chain GUIDES and parts are indeed around 1k itself, and everyone on audizine whose done it has claimed it costed 5k tops, and as low as 2k from indie mechanics.

Parts costs besides the engine specific parts have been really cheap for me, as A4 parts aren't expensive.

It costs 20 bucks to get a vag com cable. Most people selling these cars sell you the car with it as its essential if you want to own an expensive vag vehicle. I did have to use it once because the crankshaft position sensor failed and the car wouldnt start. Deleted the code and it fired right up.

Battery is actually in the front in a very spaceous area. Not complicated. Wipers use a special clip, but not hard to get at all.

Never had a seat break on me.
Handles ok, a little nose heavy which you can feel at low speeds/bumpy areas. It's REALLY FUN and comfortable. I drive on the city at all times and i get around 15mpg.

Those things don't even apply to the twin turbo RS6 either, fuck off.

>i actually own that car
>and what follows definitely isn't biased
i didnt even read your post its guaranteed to be cringeworthy

not biased at all

just my personal experience

Ex-fucking-cuse me?

Does your personal aid let you sit on the computer this late?

The fucking water pump on Mini Coopers. Great idea bolting it to the back of the supercharger. Even better idea blocking off the oil ports for said supercharger. Pic related.

>Needs new belt
>Costs the same as a whole engine with labor included
>lets just change the engine with unknown mileage that would need the same thing in about 2 years

And you talk like it's a normal thing to go and do that.

You kill yourself. What an unreliable piece of shit.

>Can we get a German engineering thread going on?
Please no i am sick of watching eurotards defend their horrible over engineered shitboxes

can we fucking range ban yuros already? they contribute nothing and are constantly butthurt because their governments don't allow fun and cucks them into driving 1.2l diesel shitboxes

This ive had much more productive shitposts with UK, US Canada and even NZ being Aussie they are usually awake at some point when im usually on here.

Fuck off

I'd trust someone who owns the car over someone who's never driven it in his life when it comes to these things.

Family has owned 2 Deustche autos, '97 e36 and a 2011 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagen. BMW was easy to work on and fun to drive. The TDI on the other hand can be a bitch to work on just because diesel fag. The only time the front end came off was when the water pump had to be replaced. Fuck off

>implying your shitbox is any better

>BMW was easy to work on

Please stop perpetuating this fucking meme.

German cars aren't civics. They need to be cared for and have preventable work done. Don't drive it until there's a failure. Read the service manual, adress any issues that come up before they escalate.

It's really not that hard. Except for audi. Those just suck dick.

mid 2000s BMW and up are a pain in the ass to work on, but 80s and 90s BMW are piss easy. The problem is that things go wrong with them so often that you're going to end up having to fix little things more often than you would with a Japanese car of the same era.

If you aren't a complete retard and you know what you are doing it isn't that bad. I can't speak for newer models though

They are. They just break often. The problem with BMW is not the difficulty of repairs, it's the frequency.

My e36 didn't usually have large problems but every couple months something small popped up that needed to be fixed

80s and 90s BMWs (including the E36) are some of the easiest cars to work on. Source being I've owned an E32 and an E36.