Unnecessary but nice details thread?

Unnecessary but nice details thread?

It's just stretching it's muscles.

Kek, the last two cars i've bought new do that. I think that it's a self-test feature that just so happens to be visually entertaining.

My 89 civic does that

I love the look of the Chevy Sonic's gauge cluster. Completely unnecessary but I think it's a cool love it or hate it feature.

Yeah it's calibrating

>that gauge cluster

It's riced out in a 90s cyberpunk geek way.

You can set it in VAGCOM to be on or off, IIRC it's just called needle sweep

>riced out
Fuck your memes, just looks like a motobrike cluster. Sure, it doesn't look good, but your adjectives are underage-busrider as fuck.

No, it's not, if I may correct you.

It's more of a self test, calibration is a completely different thing.

No, it's not. That's just a test so you can see whether or not the gauges are fully functioning. Well, at least the stepper that drives the needle.

looks fucking awful imo, looks like some kind of heartrate monitor

What car? Can murricuck have one?

2016 Volvo XC90, so no unless you're fucking loaded.

Wait 3 years and it'll be 20k

>multiple timing options for intermittent wipers
>rain gutters that actually keep rain out
>factory wiring for brake controller already installed under carpet
>accessible plugs in firewall for running your own wiring
>hoods that open to 90*

Completely agree. As someone who drives stick, I love that the tach is the focal point of the cluster. I'm also a minimalist so I like the compact design.

I love my Sonic.

Pretty much everything in my 535xi, all I wanted was Bluetooth audio, cooled seats, and twins, but there is so much to this car that makes it gimmicky, but they also have some purpose so props where they are due.

That red dome led light that projects a soft glow over my shifter at night.

Those orange lights on all four corners of the car. I like how the complement the car's color.