Now that Bongs can buy RHD Mustangs at affordable prices, what do they think of it?

Now that Bongs can buy RHD Mustangs at affordable prices, what do they think of it?

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2014/08/25/britain-is-poorer-than-any-us-state-yes-even-mississippi/#326e3a553fab
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They're quite a bit more expensive in the UK.

nice for us to have the option but i haven't seen a single one here yet even though i have seen a new corvette and new camaro around town (both LHD of course)

that said, this guy on a forum i frequent has one and loves it. pic related. he used to have an older one too

They've been selling well but I still haven't seen one around yet

Do they have trouble parking/driving in the more crowded areas of cities?

I doubt it, I can't image they're any bigger than an A6/5 series

Do Burgers really like driving this thing? It handles like chuckwagon m8

they like the more refined handling and better interior, and the cheap V8, it's been selling well over there

I still don't like it and I've seen four over here in the past couple months.

More mustangs than porches are being sold in Germany.

I really want to like them, but I can't get to grips with how cheap the finish feels.

The plastic used inside and out in a lot of places feels just like my old 159, which was underwhelming. Also, the little twiddly bits of chrome here and there have a pretty bad finish.

Having said that, I test drove one in June, and I actually enjoyed the driving experience more than I expected. It felt softer than I'd like (comfortable though, I could see it being good for longer journeys), and the steering was a bit vague, but the throttle response and engine character were both highlights for me. (It was the 5.0, would be interested in trying the ecoboost too for comparison.) I also think it's the best looking Mustang for many years.

All in all however, I wouldn't buy one. The engine isn't enough to make up for the lacklustre interior quality and patches of poor finishing to the interior and even certain exterior parts. Promising though. I hope Ford sell enough to warrant further development on the UK market in future years.

>Now that Bongs can buy RHD Mustangs at affordable prices

how much are they priced out there?

Yea, no ones interested.

I've seen one or two
I see more Focus RS'

At today's exchange rates

$40645 for the Ecoboost with $459 road tax per year
$45890 for the V8 with $1442 for the first year of road tax

For all new cars registered on or after the 1st of April 2017, the first year of tax will be $1049 for the ecoboost and $2622 for the V8. After that it will be will be $183 for all cars on the road that are younger than 25 years old

Also, the Focus RS is £995 cheaper than the Ecoboost

>Now that Bongs can buy RHD Mustangs at affordable prices

They can't.

What the fuck are you comparing it to?

The only people who are going to buy them are Yankboos.
It's not meant for the small, tight cornered roads of Europe

Like has pointed out, you're paying more for a slower and more impractical car, and the fact it's a US built Ford means the fastest it's going to go is when it goes up on the car lift at the garage

We can. Stop being poor

A guy at my work has one, looks and feels cheap.

>meme times
>last generation mustang vs current gen RS

who cares, you're not coming close to even 70% of either car's capabilities on the street that you'll notice the minor difference in performance.

the mustang will be more fun day to day like when you're cruising down the strip and that's what matters

forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2014/08/25/britain-is-poorer-than-any-us-state-yes-even-mississippi/#326e3a553fab

thats kind of the point. a mustang GT is not supposed to cost more than about 28,000. but they used to be worse.

>crusing down the strip
But Europe doesn't have strips
Hell, most Europeans don't even have properly asphalted roads

Anyone with money buys range rovers, they NEED a 4x4 not a mustang.

I mean it feels badly put together with cheap materials.

it is supposed to be. its a car made for young people to afford. thats the premise. if someone pays a lot of money for one they will be dissapointed

Its supposed to be badly put together? I'd sooner buy a 2nd hand m3 or get an r34 or something if thats the thought process behind it.

but of course. and you should.

>need a 4x4
>range rover
The people who buy Range Rovers THINK they need a 4x4

As someone who works in SVO for JLR, this is 100% accurate.

Every single Range Rover requested has some godawful, gaudy, impractical addition that just adds weight and cost.

All sold out in Aus already. I reckon the consensus is that it's good but it's a pity that they don't come with four doors. We'll be needing new muscle sedans to fill the void the Falcodores left.

>someone who works in SVO for JLR
It sounds like you might need to do a greentext of what you do and the shit you have to deal with

They're just salty that they're not getting the GT350R.

Someone drove a 69 Mustang down my street the other day, but I've never seen a RHD one.

>tfw no Termi Cobra
why live?

Ausfag here they are shit even worse than the falcon they replaced

>It handles like a chuckwagon.

As an owner of a 15 Mustang GT, I can say they handle pretty damn well for a 3500 LBS sports car. The Independent Rear axle makes it handle much better then the previous generations.

>makes it handle much better then the previous generations.
Much better than massively shit can still be shit.

They're not problematically long, but they're really fucking wide for what's supposed to be a 2+2 sports car. An S-Class isn't his wide.

What does this bullshit even mean? What the fuck is a strip, and why is everyone in the US cruising on it?

Every corner in america is refereed to as "dead mans curve", so unless they are in the majority of Americans with mental health issues they drive on what is effectively landing strips from an airport with train style turntables for return journey's.
The waiting period to get an advanced driving license in America so that you can legally navigate a corner (and surprisingly in a manual car, big jump I know) is 10 times longer than to obtain a gun license and the background check is the most strict because of the perceived dangers involved.

>hurr durr my argument revolves around retarded stereotypes

Shitpost harder

Way too expensive for the build quality and handling.

Maybe not affordable for Ameirpoors.

Nice rebuttal, you really refuted those facts.

My Uncle took one for a test drive & he loved it. Insurance, fuel costs & road tax are very very high though, so I doubt he'll get one.

He should wait until April 2017 when they introduce the new tax bands
The first year is something stupid like £2000, but from then on it's £140

>M3 performance for half the price

You're paying for 435HP

>Horsepower is the only only handling factor

Overpriced.
In the US, they are supposed to be affordable sports car. They sell them over here for the price of a premium car.

get a subaru instead you poof

>Do they have trouble parking/driving in the more crowded areas of cities?
Are Mustangs big? Never seen one up close.

They're probably a bit shorter than an executive saloon but they're WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Here's a last generation Mustang on the left next to what had been known as a Clydesdale Mustang because of their size. Current Mustangs are larger

I own the previous s197. Even with a solid axle they handle fine.

how is it expensive? what else can you get for the money that gives you all of that? the most you'll get a base m235i

It's not a bad deal, too bad you'll pay a small fortune for it thanks to the engine displacement and it's still simply too wide for most of Europe, same issue the Corvette and Camaro face. It's priced a bit too much though, because at 10K more you'll start getting cars like the M2 or the Cayman, which are both better cars for both everyday use and trackdays, and the price difference quickly vanishes once you account the difference for insurance and gas over ~2 years. I mean fuck, even at the same price you can get a M235i

>>The plastic used inside and out in a lot of places feels just like my old 159
An Alfa competitor to VW Polo.

>An Alfa competitor to VW Polo.
This doesn't look like a Polo to me.

This. Americans just can't compete with their drag-strip suspensions when you need to make a right hand turn on a 4m wide street full of holes just to pick up groceries.

Most people are buying them for the engine, I don't think there is anything with a big V8 that's less than £50k. The Mustang doesn't have the same image problem the Focus RS has and it stands out more too.

Or maybe yuros just can't into infrastructure.

Got to pay them bennies first m8

Very rarely seen, and the guys that own them are usually the old guys that think they're Americucks. They have Elvis hair and wear bomber jackets with wolves embroidered on them.

They're the sort of car your perverted uncle that has no wife or kids might drive.

Sorry meant to say Twingo competitor

>doesn't know about the mustang aftermarket

pay someone $250 squids to CF wrap the interior chrome bits you dont like and spend about 1700 bongpounds on stiffer coils from the ford motorsports division.

wtf do you expect? Of course it's a bit squishy and unfinished OEM, your supposed to buy the parts that make it YOUR mustang and not Sallys.

No, it handles just as good as a M3 too, it's just a better car for the money.
And cheap to maintain too.
Stop bein cucked by BMW.