What are some cool/useful car accessories to have?

What are some cool/useful car accessories to have?

nothing

a car should have a few basic tools, a wheel, seats, tach, spedo, shifter, pedals, and that's it. a driver should be engaged in just that, driving. no fiddling with air conditioning, radio, or other stupid bullshit. no cupholders to hold amerifat faggot syrup drinks. no stupid screens to distract a person, just driving.

Sausage dispenser under the hood

eclipse sunshade
look it up

>No cupholder for a bottle of water or something
>No vent controls

ok m8

No Fucking cushion in the seats so as to not allow enough comfort to facilitate sleep.

>pouring liquid into backpack thingy instead of outside of the car

What's the point of this?

I agree that cupholders are unnecessary (it might be that owning a BMW has trained me to think so), but air conditioning is a necessary thing in many areas. Where I am it's humid as fuck and I wear glasses, without AC I literally cannot see.
And things like seat warmers and 7-setting memory seats are nice.

forgot pic

i find a pen somwhere inside critical
also, money
i love window curtains too. fuck tint, curtains work fine and you are not stuck with them

This. The cupholders in my Cavalier must have been designed by a troll. If you put any cup in them you can't shift or adjust climate control.

>7-setting memory seats are nice

Why?

>pic
>shift into R, 1, 3 or 5
>risk smashing fist into cup so its liquid spills

Yeah but I feel like seat coolers should be standard in a BMW...

aux input
about to spend 80$ on the aux input retrofit kit because I got used to aux in my last car, can't live without it anymore

That is for cigarettes jackass

>zomg plz slow down

I'm pissed that my Samsung won't work with I-drive, like come the fuck on

Go to sleep grandpa

You're totally right, everything was better when you could still be racist and sexist, had to work 60 hours a week, no access to college and cars didn't have fancy buttons

Are you a communist?

i got the older idrive (2004), I think I can set up my phone only for calls but no music ,_,

>everything was better when you could still be racist and sexist,
That's true though. Race humor is so rare nowadays because people like you get sandy vaginas over someone saying nigger.

BMWs pretty much all have a dedicated removable ashtray.
It's for cups. It's not really that bad, only Americans drink 44oz big gulps in the car and americans only drive automatic so the positioning doesn't really affect them.
>he didn't get master race caramel nappa leather interior
black seats are hell though
Memory isn't really that important, but having shit like lumbar adjustment and seat tilt angle is nice, and that only comes with power seats, which usually only come with memory.

>only Americans drink 44oz big gulps in the car
I've never even seen a big gulp IRL and I'm American

Are you Fucking blind or have you never been outside?

Nothing wrong with that

I drive for hours on end, so either I drink a meal replacement smoothie, or have a giant 44 oz cup of water in the car with me for long drives. I can't really stop and eat.

..also no, automatic gearboxes aren't just for Americans. When I lived in Japan, a majority of new cars sold there are automatic. Same with Korea as well, I saw more automatic vehicles than manual. Not to mention almost every major supercar and performance car is automatic, and most motorsports are performed with automatic gearboxes.

Feels bad man, I really want to set up a Bluetooth system, but for about the same price I could get a tune for my car

I don't eat fast food

American here with an e60 I literally only drink water or tea in nine, as for the seats I would have gotten the seat cooler package if I didn't buy used, wondering if I still can't get it installed at a dealership

maybe he doesn't live in flyover territory

I live in the Midwest and the smallest size my local gas station has is 32oz.

>calling dual clutch gearboxes automatics
pls stop
And Japan is not even a blip on the radar compared to domestic sales or exports to the US for Germany so they don't really apply to the discussion.

>size my local gas station has is 32oz.
You actually enter gas stations? I never have. I just buy the gas and leave.

Sometimes I have to take a piss.

I do actually. And wasn't it New York that tried banning large sodas? So they must exist there.

I don't drink 44oz in the car, but when I'm getting carryout it's very useful.

My E36 M3 legitimately had no cupholder so I had to wrap the thing in towls and buckle it into the passenger seat.

I usually just pull over and piss in the ditches next to the highway. I have a weird bladder/bowel thing where I usually have to urinate or defecate before I go anywhere on the road.

>legitimately had no cup holder
kek, it actually did
it's on the inside of the glovebox door, and it's just two circles about 5mm in depth

I always wondered what those were

I live in a major city now. Used to live in a flyover state. What I've noticed is cities are fucking shit especially if you are a car enthusiast.

cool, so everytime you hit a bump or turn to hard it dumps liquid all over your registration/owners manual/gun/dildo collection.

brilliant

But srsly enough about cupholders what are some good toolkits and stuff to keep in the trunk just in case?

under/behind my taco's rear seats:
>tow strap
>ratchet winch
>wool blanket
>basic tools
>1000+ rounds of 30 carbine in canister
>safety triangle
>first aid kit
>road flares
>one parachute flare.

for extended trips into areas with shoddy/no roads and little to no cell reception, i throw a 72hr survival/bugout bag in the bed

Are curtains legal? If not the why are tints illegal to a certain level, but curtains aren't? Are they legal or not?

Buy a compass

THIS

Compasses are actually quite useful

Buy? What kind of a shitty car you have that it doesn't have a compass from production in it?

99% of cars today use a GPS over a compass

I'm pretty sure that actually where you're supposed to cut up all your cocaine and snort it

Sure GPS works... But my navigation system is always set to music. And I don't want to touch my phone screen to bring up the compass (which you have to do in waze).

Id rather have it directly in front of my in the dashboard. Any small compass would do just to glance at.

And buy one that is ACCURATE. read the reviews first because many compares are Chinese shit that is inaccurate

This thread made me browse around a bit. I suggest everyone buy resqme on amazon. It is a window breaker and seat belt cutter. Small as fuck and perfect reviews. See videos on YouTube.

Its cheap as fuck too 10 bucks. Worth the investment in case you ever have to use it such as driving off a cliff like a dumbass and surviving or in a flood.

Where are you going to put it that you can access it in a situation when you need it? My knife never falls out of my pocket (even in an accident, it was one of the first things I checked) and is sharp enough to cut the seatbelt and hard enough to bust the window out with a good two or three wacks.

Are there radars for cars that feed into some screen sort of screen or something like that?
So that you can have a 360ยบ view of what's around you.

DSG is literally automatic, just because it let's you use tiptronic or up-down on the shifter doesn't make it any more of a manual than any other automatic.

>80 bugs for aux kit
You're being ripped off kiddo

Sounds cool... Curious too. You mean a camera that sees 360 around the car?

Wtf kind of car dosnt have an Aux cable?

Time for an upgrade Bro. You're stuck in 1990

Yes, but they're an under-the-hood component of self-driving cars. I don't think any of them let you look at the output on your center console.

Could be a camera, but I was thinking more in terms of something that gives you a top down view of everything around you.

Yeah, I noticed that self driving cars use lidar with/or radars, so I got interested if anyone made something like that for normal cars.

Could be pretty useful for the situation awareness, even more so in really bad weather.

I'm not sure if I'm onboard with fully autonomous cars, but that system that tells you 'dude no' if you try to merge into another car is pretty rad.

So a GPS...

fucking uncut fags and their attention whoring I swear

Yeah. Only, not at all.

Kek

I'd figure something like that would cost in the thousands of dollars

Anyway I would be interested in something like this

I'd suggest rain x on amazon.

Makes driving in rain so much easier.

Basically you spray it on your windshield and it repels rain away like magic.

Yeah, the lidar system is 70,000, the entire suite is 150,000.

Agree, new cars have way less "connection" to the road. I don't need A/C, power steering, power brakes, or any driver assists. Cars just feel more fun without them. And I know that everyone just wants a box to move them A to B. Those people are the average consumer so those are the cars that are made.

Fuck who the hell even needs the engine too? Take that off too.

Gas stations are part of the fun for me.

Are you having a giggle? Not having AC in the summer months is fucking miserable, and tech like ABS has saved my ass on multiple occasions.

just fyi all vehicles create magnetic interference that will cause slight deviation.
ignition sysetm, electronics, etc, all create interference

airplanes have a little placard under the compass that tells you where the deviances are.

So you're saying I should put a paper under my Compass?

Finally someone who knows my feel

I have the conertible too so the center console ones are useless and the window buttons are in between the seats.

Also the cup holders have a little wedge in them so certain cups rattle.

no, i'm saying dont expect perfect accuracy from a vehicle mounted compass

OK cool

You need more god.

I would think that something for normal cars would be a lot cheaper, maybe if it isn't lidar?

Google's tech is still in the prototype stage. Yeah, you can buy a Tesla with autopilot for what it would cost you to get a Googlecar, but it's a moot point since Google isn't selling them yet.

Once they're actually on the market, economics of scale kick in and you won't become a poverty ghost just from looking at one.

>Id rather have it directly in front of my in the dashboard. Any small compass would do just to glance at.

Both my cars have one of those and they're almost a decade apart. Most cars I drove had one at least in the DIC.

You are not supposed to be driving with these one.

Anything James May says is gospel

Keyless start and entry. No keys jingling from the ignition. Cruise control is nice, it stops my bad habits on the motorway and saves on fuel, which means I don't feel as bad taking the car for country road blasts.

LOL STAY MAD

>I'm too poor to afford anything other than a shitbox and fuck you with your money you capitalist pigs

YEAH MAN
A CAR SHOULDN'T HAVE ANYTHING UNNECESSARY
>NO CUPHOLDERS
>NO A/C OR HEAT
>NO SEAT BELTS
>NO SEATS
>I FACT TAKE TWO OF THE WHEELS OFF SON
>WAIT THIS IS A BICYCLE
>IM THINKING OF A BICYCLE NOT A CAR

it's an oem part
the aux input was an optional extra in 2004
my ex car was a 2004 Mercedes E class and it was almost fully loaded so it had aux, currently have a 2004 BMW 5 series and there is no aux input even though it's better equipped than the Merc

>not having AC makes a car more fun
okay guy

i agree with the screens thing but yeah rest is pretty over the top.

I always carry around tools

Things that make it able to have a road trip
=A/C and heat
=Decent stereo with BT or aux jack
=Cruise control
=Cup holders
People who say different can't afford these options or literally just use them as commuter shitboxes

that's still two wheels too many in terms of accessories.

Vent cup holders

You're a faggot for stating the obvious.

Where I live sometime its -30c the winter and 30c the summer and I find ac to be a bigger priority than heating.

>7-setting memory seats are nice
>Why?
So that wifey can also drive the car conveniently. Just switch to a different memory setting and the seat changes position, height, tilt, lumbar automatically.

>The cupholders in my Cavalier must have been designed by a troll.
Yup, cups always fall right out of them with any type of sharp turn, acceleration, or stop. The sides of my cupholder are very short like 2 inches. I used a secure water bottle for the experiment. I braked hard, The bottle tilted forward and tapped the OEM stock CD player and the CD came out since the button is close to the cup/water bottle.

If you have one of those paper cups from a fast food place, if the lid is not secure and liquid sloshes out of the straw hole, it could go right into the CD disc opening as it is the right height. At least the newer cavaliers have cup holders (before they discontinued the car). Older cavs had no cup holders.