Does Veeky Forums approve of this car?

Does Veeky Forums approve of this car?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8bUUvNARJ9M
fastestlaps.com/comparisons/lgdznjmse7pj
youtube.com/watch?v=jtry6Cn8pEA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No, the fanbase is filled with snowflakes that wave at each other like it's some secret club.

while i like it, if it is the same price as a chevy SS i would get one of them.

yes, i drove both

People approve more of its highly respectable racing heritage than its current bloatwagon incarnation.

lol

>STI: 35K
>SS: 46K

damn the sti is only 35k
seems like a deal.

i hope nobody pays that much for a chevy, is that msrp or actual selling prices?

>i hope nobody pays that much for a chevy,
It's a fucking Chevy SS, not a Malibu (even though it looks like one)

Same 20 year old engine that makes the same power but the car has gained like 500 pounds.

It's slower than the Civic Type-R and has an even worse interior.

The regular WRX is the best car in its segment.

The STI lags behind the Golf R and Focus ST.

isnt it
focus ST-WRX
focus RS-STI

????

>Focus ST.
Don't you mean Focus RS?

sticker price of the RS starts at $36,605
so i think so?

why do you dipshits let others ruin a car you like? Buy it and don't rice it out, it's simple. There is always a select few subaru owners that aren't fuccbois you just have to look outside parking lot meets

Ya I meant to write Focus RS.

The ST competes with the regular WRX.

>The ST competes with the regular WRX.

They're actually everywhere and they'll try and wave at you any chance they get even if it means swerving in and out of traffic just to drive next to you. It's a cancerous fanbase. Also the car isn't worth $35k especially with that garbage interior.

Well, it tries at least.

Currently the wrx has a newer and better engine than the STI. So it's actually faster right now. Only downside is the cvt.

>It's a cancerous fanbase
like i said, not all owners are like you think the interior isn't even bad for what it is

04-07 models were the best looking imo.

love em

Those red accents just scream ricer

>40k
>cloth seats

C U C K

Yikes. Is there literally nothing thats sporty AWD and manual with a good interior?

what sports cars nowadays don't have two tone interiors?
cloth seats are 35k
it would be heavier and far more overpriced

that looks fine to me whats the problem?

MK7 Golf R, but it's pretty expensive.

I don't think the current WRX interior is bad, it's just not what I'd consider good.

>buttons on steering wheel
>all that shitty clutter and lcds everywhere
>red makes it go faster
yeah how about no

>implying leather isn't shit in any climate that isn't a perfect 70 degrees year round

Ignoring price
>splashes of gaudy red
>"carbon fiber" accents
>gaudy LCDs
>lots of plastic
>large gaps
Overall it just looks like a generic late 2000's design, especially when you look at recent Mazda interiors.
How bad is the reliability on these? I've been hunting for a car and it seems like what I want is impossible but I keep leaning towards a golf.

Typical German car reliability in that you get out what you put in. Make sure it's always on time with maintenance and don't ever let something sit around if it's not working right.

It's a volkswagen, that should tell you enough about its reliability. Under warranty it might be fine, but I wouldn't touch a VAG product outside of its warranty with a 10 foot pole.

Hm. I've also looked at Acura TL and Infinit G37 but finding those in AWD and manual is damn near impossible.

Yes I'm looking for a 2017 right now.
If these people exist in my town I plan to avoid them at all costs.
It's subtle in person.
The only valid criticism is the age of the engine, however it still responds well to mods and all other aspects of the car are new and improved over previous generations.

I'll take my 100,000 mile mandatory overpriced headgasket replacement over maintaining a VW any day.

>04-07 models were the best looking imo
>posts a 1st gen
1st gen looks best by the way.

>Veeky Forums hates anything popular yet again

Why am I not surprised?

The interior is pretty fucking bad for $35000, it's Nissan Versa tier. Everyone's excuse for paying that much for a car with a shoddy interior is "I'm paying for the motor not the car."

Not to mention, with the current gen it's:
>I'm paying for the 15-year old motor, not the car
Poobaru cucks are seriously the most disillusioned fanbase out there.

This

What's your idea of a "good" interior?

i dont hate it because its popular, i hate it because it sucks. same power rating for the last century and more weight and "cushy" additions make for a shitty car.

have fun working on that motor you paid so much for

idiot

bump

I like it and I think younger Veeky Forums guys will remember this car as a great enthusiast car.

looks like a fuckin run of the mill fat sedan that has been riced.

STI has been dead to me since 07

youtube.com/watch?v=8bUUvNARJ9M

Yes

Love it. Awesome on outdoor trips, up logging roads that I only see trucks or other subarus at the ends of. Pretty quick, interior doesn't bother me.

faggot

Jealousy

this is reddit's car

whats with the gay blurring glowing shit you put on that photo?

Focus

attempt at DoF using a smartphone camera

>Veeky Forums
>approving of things

You know It's only heavier by like two to thirteen pounds right?

>I hope nobody pays that much for a Chevy
Despite looking like shit, it's fantastic. Pure Australian muscle with Brembos, great handling, and a stick shift. It's got a pretty good interior for a Chevy too. I'd take it over a Dodge Charger any day

Nope. The current year STI is not worth the price.

Wait till they update the engine and enjoy the WRX instead. Also its not a hatch.

I thought that was a jeep thing I wouldn't understand

I would like one if I could afford one.

It's one almighty all-round well-built affordable AWD car

>The ST competes with the regular WRX

>best chassis it's ever had
>still stuck with the EJ
It's been 28 years. It's time to move on.

Import one from Japan

Haha use to eat up wrx in my st haha. Stupid fucking fanboys

>2001
No wonder those are non-M E36 money, with headlights like those

JUST bought one yesterday. Its a great car 2bh. Fast, reliable, good resale, breddy gud looking. What more could you want in a new car?

>pigfat
>ugly
no

>no Ecoboost

>literally being a pathetic ecoboostnigger
fastestlaps.com/comparisons/lgdznjmse7pj

literally lmaoing @ u

>muh 4 cylinder
>conveniently ignoring the V6

>Subaru lemans wins
>0

>ford lemans wins
>4

Stay BTFO.

>literally states ecopoo in his post
>now talks about m-m-muh bee siks
a modded wrx could kick the teeth in of any of ford's lardass """cars""""

>no lemans wins
Subaru cucks BTFO!!!

>no lemans wins

>gauging a car's success on lememe win
>being this much of a shitter

>subaru is so shit they can't win lemans
BTFO!

>fordcucks will defend that ford motor cuckpany spent all their monies on lememes instead of improving their shitboxes
literally kek you degenerate weeb trash

>Subaru has NEVER ever ever won lemans
BTFO!

>l-l-let me repeat something over and over and type btfo hehe xd
faggot nigger cocksucking cunt

>subaru fangirls now resorting to ad hominems after getting BTFO
Wow, how shit can one company be?

I love my '04 WRX but fuck me so many subaru drivers in australia are idiots. I've met like 2 that weren't stupid ricer faggots or soccer mums.

I get loving your car but most subaru owners are delusional about how quick they really are and beleive them to be unbeatable

subaru rally cars past 2007 all look like shit

STIs are pigfat

youtube.com/watch?v=jtry6Cn8pEA

fucking kill yourself you're shilling for fucking ford because you think they'll send your neet ass a GT but no they won't you autistic loser neckbeard faggot, go watch your stupid fucking anime and shut the fuck up

Memes aside, that's a good fucking point. Ford has been getting their ass handed to them by GM economically because they blow all their money on their racing teams. Ford can't make any good economy cars because they blew all their money on R&D for the ecoboost to sell to a small fraction of customers. GM throws a small portion of their company at Corvette so they have more to spend on the Camaro and shitting out economy cars. And it's working. Granted, GM is a much bigger company than Ford, but Ford could easily hold their own if they actually gave a shit about their cheap cars. Because they aren't a racing team, they're fucking Ford.

Yes I know I am an assmad GM fangirls thank you very much.

>FF

Wow I never know GM fans actually existed.

Do you work at one of their plants?

Close, I sold fords. Back when they were introducing the new generation of fiesta and focus Ford seemed unstoppable. Last year our managers started training us on ways to keep customers from going to Chevy. The Fusion was technically a better car than the cruise, but damn does GM know how to sell. Crossovers weren't hard, the Traverse and Captives are fucking jokes.

Outside looking in the community is shit, but It's easily divided into stancefag fuccbois and decent people.
Avoiding the idiots I've found the community the best car related group about, but that encompasses all Subie owners not STI people exclusively.

>protip: If you buy/don't buy a car based on perceived image you're a faggot

I dont even remember subaru ever being in the french lemon

>name calling is ad hominem
lmao dumb cocksucking nigger

Pretty sure they announced that the SS is being discontinued . I could be wrong. I really liked the one I test drove but can't afford it because I'm a poor college student

Why are the seats so shitty?

Throw some Recaros or something in there jesus christ.

This.

Into the garbage.

I drove the ST, WRX, STI, and GTI. I ended up going with the WRX. I just didn't feel like extra bells and whistles on the STI could overcome the known limitations of its 20 year old engine design and price increase over the WRX.

Mommy, someone made the Camry angry and now it's flaring its hood scoop at me!!

Sick burn bro.

I don't get this meme, they're not even close.

Regular Cuck Reviews made this comparison in one of his videos and ever since every automotive autist has been parroting it.