/nintyg/ - ded comrades Edition

This is a general for the discussion of Nintendo consoles and games released on them
Previous: Tags: /3dsg/, /wug/, /smm/, /mk8g/, /ptg/ moved to >Important News
「!」Dragon Ball: Fusions online update and possible localization: nintendoeverything.com/dragon-ball-fusions-adding-online-play-another-hint-of-localization/
「!」Yo-kai Watch 2 demo now available on the eShop: siliconera.com/2016/09/15/nintendo-scares-yo-kai-watch-2-eshop-demo/
「!」Screenshots for Legend of Dark Witch 3, developed by M2: nintendoeverything.com/first-the-legend-of-dark-witch-3-screenshots-made-by-m2/
「!」Super Mario Run announced for iOS|Animal Crossing/Fire Emblem delayed to March 2017: nintendoeverything.com/super-mario-run-announced-for-mobile/
「!」An Adventure Unfolds in Paper Mario Color Splash!: youtube.com/watch?v=7ZyerryUkoc
「!」More Ultra Beasts revealed for Sun/Moon: youtube.com/watch?v=7Z8hARTlZrE
「!」Pikmin For Nintendo 3DS (TBD) announced: ign.com/articles/2016/09/01/new-pikmin-game-announced-for-3ds
「!」Super Mario Maker For Nintendo 3DS announced: polygon.com/2016/9/1/12749312/super-mario-maker-coming-to-nintendo-3ds
「!」Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World announced: ign.com/articles/2016/09/01/poochy-and-yoshis-woolly-world-announced-for-3ds-yarn-poochy-amiibo-revealed
「!」Mario Sports Superstars announced: ign.com/articles/2016/09/01/mario-sports-superstars-announced-for-3ds
「!」30th Anniversary Zelda amiibo announced: twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/771350509118685185

>Upcoming Releases
3DS - pastebin.com/atn2kyUj
Wii U - pastebin.com/uZY7NU8d

>New 3DS XL vs 3DS XL Comparison
nintendo.com/3ds/features/compare#/compare-3ds

>amiibo Compatibility Chart
amiibochart64.files.wordpress.com/2016/08/amiibo-igcc-10.jpg

>Discord chat
discord.me/nintyg

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendoeverything.com/chase-cold-case-investigations-from-hotel-dusks-director-launches-october-13-in-the-west/
nintendowire.com/blog/2016/09/16/nintendo-europe-pages-show-march-4th-2017-release-date-breath-wild-amiibo/
nintendoeverything.com/the-great-ace-attorney-2-announced/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Ded

>no embeds
nice

>no embeds
FUCK OFF HOW ARE WE SUPPOSED TO KNOW HOW MANY THREADS THE LINKS HAVE BEEN IN NOW

Recommended 3DS and Wii U list please?

What if the NX is the Nintendo eXit and Nintendo plans to quit the console business???????

every fucking time

>Uhh then why are you crying?
Because I'll miss them anyway.

I think one of the things that made Majora's Mask so atmospheric was how dynamic the NPC schedule was.

A day-night system is no longer good enough on its own to portray the full gamet of life. Breath of the Wild's sequel should move to a full Calendar system, with weekdays, weekends, and seasons.

It obviously doesn't have to be 1:1 with a real calendar. 4 full day/night cycles can be a week, with one of those days being a "weekend" where some NPCs might have a different schedule or routine. Maybe the race is open on the weekend, or maybe a classroom let's out, or maybe the NPCs worship the goddess.

That alone would give us a lot to work with. But we can go deeper. Four weeks is one season. Summer, to Spring, to Winter, to Fall. This can tie into the weather and clothing/temperature system, as well as recalling Oracle of Seasons, and each season could affect the NPC weekly schedule. Seasons could affect the availability of items, such as pumpkin juice or deny shields. Certain "always winter" or "always summer" type areas could still be affected by the seasons via the weather systems. Snowy Mountain might be a constant blizzard in winter while being occasional snow's in summer, although a small window runoff stream for fishing or whatever wouldn't be out of the question.

A system of 4 days x 4 weeks x 4 seasons like that would give the devs 16 weeks and 64 unique days to do
Stuff with. Most seasonal weeks would be largely the same, but maybe a town has an annual festival that affects the entire week, like Triforce Christmas or some shit (ie clock town building scaffolding). Alternatively, a single day of the year could simply be the the birthday for whatever random gimmick NPC also uses the player name.

The system could obviously be padded out, like a 10 day week or a season being only one week long, but I feel like 4*4*4 is probably the shortest it could be on for BotW scale.

Just install freeShop. You'll buy the ones you want to support later.

Just checking the eShop for the games currently on sale and the only one that's caught my eye is Chronus Arc.

Has anyone here played it? Doesn't seem too bad for £4.49, a demo would be nice though.

>not paying the full price
LOL Your almost as bad as a pirate stop ruining videogames

Is the game good though?
What RPG is it similar to?

>I think one of the things that made Majora's Mask so atmospheric was how dynamic the NPC schedule was.
Yeah I agree, I don't like people trying to uncover some 2deep4u meaning on Majora's Mask but the changing NPC dialogue was really well done.

But why don't you make people change their lines as the story goes further? Why have such a complicated system which is the root of all the issues with MM?

What problematic issues existed for MM based on the 3-day calendar outside of it resetting?

No problem with NPC dialogue changing based on the story, but that tends to be easier in controlled linear games.

>What problematic issues existed for MM based on the 3-day calendar outside of it resetting?
Timed events.

uhh

But those are the point.
They were in OOT, too.

These name puns are getting ridiculous

0 days until Dragon Quest 7!

NX on Tuesday

I'll believe it when I see it.

why is dq7 $75.99 CAD before taxes and shipping
i fucking hate this country wew

LITERALLY $10 more than a game with the Atlus tax
what the fuck

Welcome to Aus.

Yeah but you don't have to pay anything if you get sick.

Which version of Yokai Watch are you getting?

imo the frog is cute

The one with gameplay, so none for now.

Fleshy Souls is the white supremacist version

nintendoeverything.com/chase-cold-case-investigations-from-hotel-dusks-director-launches-october-13-in-the-west/
Really really soon.

I dunno what you mean by that, the first YW had some of the most involved gameplay out of any JRPG, and the sequels are only an expansion of that so???

>Gameplay
>JRPG
Pick one.

>update 3DS
>the screen is darker
what

JRPGs didn't have gameplay until Yokai Watch.

>can't run without getting tired
>YWshitters will defend this

You can use the bike or use stamina items that give you infinite running for a period.

The mechanic exist for those chase events where you have to reach Yokai door before getting caught.

ok but what I don't understand is why is LITERALLY only dq this exensive, and why is it LITERALLY only this expensive on Amazon

Supply and Demand probably.

how about you demand the supply of my cum retard

Sure PM me on discord im Meme master#6478

Looking for a game to rent next

is disney magical world any good? I hear it's like Animal crossing but the cover looks like it's mainly for girls

Why does the N3DS stylus suck so much

rent for what systems?

i don't like repetition, and having to meet kafei behind that boulder in ikana to follow ballsakon into his base only to fuck up and have to repeat was tedious af. just my 2c. tbf though it was the hardest of the side quests

How am I supposed to reach level 200 in this.

>looking for a job
>the only place in my area that is hiring is Game Stop

I wonder if I could get a job if all I know is Nintendo. It'll probably be real annoying though once the NX comes out.

Boney Spirits is the only answer.

Disney is not female exclusive and games aimed at girls are not all bad.

3DS

I know I was just curious about the game is all, most of the screenshots I see have female players but I believe you can make a male character

nintendowire.com/blog/2016/09/16/nintendo-europe-pages-show-march-4th-2017-release-date-breath-wild-amiibo/
Breath of the wild comes out on March 4th. If BotW is a launch title for NX then the nx release date got leaked.

Okay but reveal when

you're a fucking retard

I don't care if it's released then or never. I just want my fucking NX reveal already. I want to know what the system is, not when it's coming out.

This, I want to know how much money I have to save

A game can be released on an old console and still be a launch title months later if it is available when the new console launches.

>the canadian dollar will literally never improve
feels pige man

put your name back on, gor

>Canada, us and everyone else go to the dollar because England says they're going to as well
>they never do
>pound is stronger than dollar
Wrrrrryyyy

i just picked up a refurbished n3ds xl. the c stick is absolute trash. it barely responds when i try to move the camera in MHG, left, right or up. to move it down, i have to apply some ridiculous force. is this normal? i've been looking up all sorts of solutions, and one of them suggests replacing the rubber nub with the PSP 1000 analog stick. i can do that easily, but i want to know if i should either do that or just return it.

Are you using it properly? You're supposed to treat it the same as a D-Pad, not like the circle pad.

yeah, i am. or at least, i think i am. they say not to apply force to it or anything and just tilt your thumb but it just barely responds. i've tried calibrating it several times and it just isn't very responsive.

holy SHIT I didn't expect this

i decided to use some cloth on my thumb to see if that helps and holy shit, it fixes most of the problems. it moves all around perfectly fine, though down seems to take a bit more effort. so at least i know this is a problem with the nub itself. going to be replacing this with the PSP 1000 analog stick asap.

Disney is for girls.
Pixar is for boys.

Not me.

get the fuck out of my general

DQ VII belongs on PS. Give it back.

that was FUCKING GREAT

Love is our resistance

>PLAYAN
>WATCHAN
>LISTENAN
>EATAN
>DRINKAN
>FAPPAN
>FEELAN

>>PLAYAN
[Data Expunged]
>>WATCHAN
Despairing with DanganRonpa 3
>>LISTENAN
random music
>>EATAN
chips, i should quit eating them
>>DRINKAN
nothing
>>FAPPAN
not really
>>FEELAN
fine

>>PLAYAN
Dragon Quest 5 because >that feel when no 7
I'll try and find a copy again tomorrow, if not then I guess I'll have to deal with FUCKING EBgames
>>WATCHAN
Akira
>>LISTENAN
Frank Ocean - Nostalgia, Ultra
>>EATAN
ramen
>>DRINKAN
fruit punch gatorade
>>FAPPAN
femdom
>>FEELAN
ok I guess

Why don't you just download 7 and play it while you wait for being able to buy it?

because i'm not a degenerate

Yes you are.

But you are

an hour into dragon quest seven and i'm already stuck

i gave the book to the hermit

WHERE THE FUCK DO I GO

prove it

go talk to the prince, he's in his castle

but is the princess in another castle?

epic JOKE, my gamer friend!!

haha I, too, am homosexual ;)

zelda sucks lol

Jeeze, I hope so after I had to kill a pig to get with her.

zelda sucks on page 10 lol

Sucks my dick lol

Hol' up there, partner.

I sure can't wait for Nintendo to reveal the NX and give no publicity to 3rd party games. If only there was a game show where 3rd parties could show their games that could be being developed for the NX.

>Sucks my dick
kinky

>tfw NX will only come in black and white

I hate these colour trends.

I hope the NX has memory space above 100 gigs.

Aren't third parties the one that should pay for publicity of their games

nintendoeverything.com/the-great-ace-attorney-2-announced/

>Capcom giving an opportunity to Takumi to fix the mess he caused
>retards STILL think it's the original localisation fault's that the game wasn't brought here

So, it looks like Generations is avoiding showing protagonists besides Red. I guess that's the safest thing to do to avoid people thinking x is the canon protagonist. Pikachu's voice sounds weird. I expected something more rodent-like instead of a weird Mew squeak.

Origins is trash, I only watched the mainline anime and specials.

page 10 and your fault

maybe if people would migrate their discord discussion to the fricking thread

>watching the Ashnime
come on now

Origins is legit bad though, the Ashime has moments of absurdity but it's genuinely paced for children's character development and somehow is more accurate to the game's than Rhyhorn OHKOing a Jolteon with electric moves, and Marowak being killed with a stun prod, with horrible pacing and cringey pre-teen filler characterization/dialogue.

Generations has wonky animation and character art that contradicts Origins, and they're just shitty minimalist shorts, they don't even reach the 10~ minute mark that most anime short series go for. The first episode was okay for the novelty but Looker's short was really bad, slow build up for nothing and like, two interesting spots at best. The Arcanine scene in particular was really dumb, they just blew a lava hole in the wall and did nothing.

>character art that contradicts Origins
First of all, why does that matter? It's just a different style. Even the main anime has changed its style with BW and now SM.
Other than that, I wanted it to go along Origins, but that's not the case. The beginning of the first episodes contradicts Origins entirely. They weren't even trying to do that.

you and me are the same
we don't know or care who's to blame

But you like dog cocks. I am normal and like girl.

but we know that whoever holds the reigns
nothing will change
our cause has gone insane

Jokes aside why aren't Pokémon starters 50/50 gender ratio?