WRX or GTI

Hey Veeky Forums.

Looking to purchase one of these two in the next coming up year and I want your 'opinions' on these two vehicles.

I live in Colorado so the Subaru AWD tax is pretty insane (can't find a new WRX for less than $28,000 before tax and fees). Whereas I can find a GTI for around $22,000-$24,000 here.

I understand the GTI has less power and is FF and the WRX has AWD and more power, but I've heard I can squeeze out 310chp out of the GTI with just a tune. I'm not looking for an end all be all vehicle here, but simply one that will be a fun and practical DD.

So has anyone here owned either one of these vehicles? Hated something about either one of them? Been absolutely fucked by their reliability? I just was a general consensus between these two vehicles of which is better, I'll test drive both of them before buying them. But having another general opinion on the two that aren't being paid to shill the brands would be great.

is this awd?

WRX, fun turbo'd AWD that looks better and holds value the best

Both are fun daily drivers, if I had to choose I would go with the WRX.

Nope FWD. It would be old and riced to hell, plus more torque steer and worse handling than the gti.

>FWD

>implying
Fuck i hate the children on this board

> I'm not looking for an end all be all vehicle here, but simply one that will be a fun and practical DD.
You just answered your own question. GTI, easy.

Wrx dude much better ride

WRx interior is laughable compared to the golf

you are retarded, they are both equally as shitty

Dude just get an eclipse

>golf
>bad interior
youre so mad that youre literally deluding yourself

Truth
Hes right you know

>golf
>good interior
the delusion is real

Like a 98 eclipse

The GTI is easier to live with every day but the WRX would be more fun on the track. A K04 Turbo GTI should hit 300 bhp at the flywheel with a software remap. Not sure about FA20 tuning? Can't see why it wouldn't be equally capable but bear in mind AWD power losses are higher than FWD.

They are both competent cars so drive both and find which you prefer.

WRX resale will be better but insurance premiums will be higher and you'll be lumped in with vaping retards. VW is poor man Audi and the GTI still lumps you in with vaping retards.

>muh interior
Nobody buys a WRX for the interior. It's supposed to be a plasticky bland piece of shit.

This, OP.
Always this.

These arent comparable cars

Are you me? I'm choosing between these exact two cars (as well as the Fiesta/Focus ST and Toyobaru) but I'm in the Tri-state area instead.

Honestly, I'm steering towards the WRX because the resale value is going to be much better especially due to the fact that this generation uses a completely new engine. GTI is cheaper and more refined, but frankly I think it is worth saving up a bit more for the WRX.

Now a Fiesta ST or Toyobaru under $20k, that's a different story.

I bought a dubya arr eks today. Great car 2bh