/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 11.0)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60 (Kernel)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel), 3.55 (Userland)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp
Games: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1124W4krFF5R-wd-P0ijVp1el2v_1M6mCeg5_EulXbo4
How to install VPK: pastebin.com/6Nd6qY2L

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.1 got released. Browserhax and menuhax have been fixed. Most entrypoints still work. NTR CFW doesn't work at the moment. Don't update yet unless you have a CFW installed.
-Install Menuhax ASAP if you're not already on CFW, because Nintendo can block Browserhax remotely without a workaround. twitter.com/smealum/status/758450605568372736
-You STILL can't downgrade, use CFW or install .cia files from 11.0 without a hardmod or hacked system transfer. github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade
-SD card access in DS mode is now available. ROM loading is still being worked on. gbatemp.net/threads/413015/

>Wii U
-IOSU might happen, but the situation doesn't look good. Update to 5.5.1 recommended.
-Enter 104.236.072.203 under DNS Settings to block updates. twitter.com/NWPlayer123/status/766486134356529152

>Vita
-Henkaku r6 enables GPU overclocking, increasing performance in some games.
-Maidump, a new tool for dumping games, provides better compatibility than Vitamin does.
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku.

>PS4
-A webkit exploit is available on firmware 3.55. github.com/Fire30/PS4-3.55-Code-Execution-PoC
-Game decryption (1.76, maybe 3.55 soon) playstationhax.it/forums/topic/3104-tutorial-how-to-bypass-pfs-protection-entirely/

Other urls found in this thread:

3ds.titlekeys.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for Taiko DLC when

WICKE is THICK

What can i do on my 3ds now? Cant see many games worth playing

I AM SETSUNA WHERE?

Watch youtubers and then kill yourself.

nah

install a hundred themes with howling theme and a bunch of unnecessary custom apps and hundreds of badges.

hacking the thing is more fun than playing 80% of its games.

You own a paperweight, so why not use it as such?

>wick by numahana
awww yeah nigga

Miracle Girls Festival DLC when

>want handheld console
>pstv deals too good

Is there any way to know what cfw I'm in?
My SD have cakes and luma files.
Did a9lh already
When booting the console, it goes directly to 3ds main menu, no screens in between. Can play games, install cias (fbi) and such.
Sys 11.1.0-34 E
thanks

I AM GUNDAM

probably luma

I AM A WALRUS, KOO KOO KATCHOO

Shouldn't we play together with all these games, /hbg/?

which one would you impregante

where's Veeky Forums enhancement suite?

Sharo is the only choice.

I have friends and already hacked all their 3DS systems, so we play together everyday after work. I don't need any of you for that.

if i were to get another new 3ds and install arm9loaderhax on it, would i be able to then do a system transfer from a stock 3dsxl to the now hacked 3ds and retrieve my eshop games and saves?

Howling theme?

Agreed, hacking the 3ds was fun. It taught me a shit load about how systems and security operate. I should pursue this further...

2ds actually, might as well be a wood-hinge movement limiter

>vita gets hacked
>download a bunch of games
>end up playing dragon quest and dead rising 1 port/remaster all day instead

Chiya-chan

I tried deleting the preexisting folder, and it seems to be working now. Thanks. Oddly, I haven't had to do that before. It was pretty much empty, but I guess it freed up just enough space.

Welcome to my world
>3DS gets easier hacking access
>Download 'tickets' leading to almost all games on eshop and more
>end up playing puzzle dragons or kirby
>even gave up on other games like bravely default and mario and shit.

Also, there was previously nothing in the folder. I hadn't actually managed to transfer the data, because the Vita claimed to not have enough space.

>vita gets hacked
>download a bunch of games
>play Deus Ex Revision
Whatever.

I don't know what vita shell is so I can't even install an update for a game I want to play
Please help

>doing system transfer downgrade
>using a9lh 3DS as source systm
>accidentally selected to move all of the files over to the other 3DS instead of just copying them
>it's going to erase everything off my SD card of the a9lh 3DS

I-I'll be fine if I just throw the SD backup onto the card, right?

>tfw friend is a morlafag and doesn't want to pirate

/v/ is for that.

The in-fighting here makes me not want to interact with any of you outside of hacking related issues.

I swear the 3ds has barely any games that appeal to me, only about 15 or so titles.

I'd play Marvel, but you all don't have the updates.

tickets?

That means you just like those games. Imagine if you paid for those 15 games.

Also I recommend everyone with the same problem read about the dilemma of choice. Limit your options and you'll find yourself playing more games.

Does anyone else have trouble extracting archives from baidu? I consistently run into errors.

Anyone else having an issue with Escha&Logy Plus with not being able to swing your weapon on Field and monsters not moving?

Any solutions to this? Messing with me alot since I played the PS3 ver

>only about 15 or so titles.
>only 15
That's a fucking lot to me.

Yes.

God Eater yet?

I knew someone would come up with the price per game or price per hour of play arguement.

But thats to say the selection iant that good compared to the original ds, plus the only game i really play is chess, which i could just play on my phone. I cant wait for ds rom loading for this very reason.

As for dilemma of choice, ive gonw theough the entire library several times and i say that most games are fairly shovelware or just sequels / remakes

15 is a lot? Well ots nothing on my near 50 ds games or pc library

Why are 3DS' so delicate? I don't even want to use mine anymore cause I know for a fact all hinges break eventually.

Fair, but I don't look at it that way.

If a system has a million games and I only enjoy 20, I've still met my personal quota. I can't play vidya all day so the amount of time I want to spend playing should never change. Especially when you figure in the types of games like MK7 and MonHun. You can get a lot of milage out of a system depending on which games.

I'm not saying you're wrong for not liking a lot of games (in your eyes), but it's a personal issue on your part. Maybe I have shit taste but I'm having a ball finding so many good games to play on this thing.

Does http-pwn work on 11.0?

Guys can i install henkaku and then go to psn and sync throphies or the last Vita software made the spoofing (or what it's called) impossible?

I've hadmultiple 3DS' throughout the years and the only thing that broke was the stick from too much Smash.

Anything else was from me mishandling or dropping it.

Sure, you'll probably get banned down the line though

It's a handheld it's bound to be dropped. I dropped mine last night and im really depressed about it. You literally cant use the device without wearing it out a little bit every time

yepp

Can't you just stay offline?

No, sadly not.

It's not that they don't appeal to me, it's just that feeling of while I have ALL THOSE GAMES, I just can't get invested in them as much as I would have regularly. I know I should limit options for more fun here, but 128 gigs of space is a lot of power. gotta fill it sometime

Tickets are tiny files that have data 'proving' you bought the 3ds game/software. Ergo, you could waltz into the eshop and download most everything after you installed these files with a special program (That also installs the actual games).

Might anyone have a decrypted SNES game I can use for this?

Thanks

They're not built to withstand ridiculous drops on a a regular basis, now.

ds and 3ds hinges are fucking shit

oh wow

Sorry, can you show me how to work these tickets? I've been using freeshop and manual .cia installation. Is this method you describe better?

thats how freeshop works

lmao

>it's bound to be dropped
Should've bought this

From the eshop!? Doesnt it need to be from freeshop

*no

I have a gateway still and am on a lower firmware (below 9.2 I believe). Is there any reason for me to hang on to the gateway other than not having to install CIAs? Or should I just go ahead and install Luma.

why do you think it's called freeshop

where do you think freeshop downloads from

Install Luma and dualboot the payload so you can still load .3dz too. Best of all worlds.

Anyone got the title keys url thing for free shop?

Also, I haven't touched my N3DS in like a year so I'm not too sure on what's happened recently.

Wait ao freeshop is just a different gui then?

Are you telling me i can download files from Nintendos servers on my pc or something like that?

nevermind, found it
are you a retard
freeshop = app that downloads anything from nintendo's servers for free
3ds.titlekeys.com/
scan this into freeshop and enjoy

Honestly, my method is several tons of tedious, but honestly Freeshop or CIAngel maybe are easier for you.

But if you must follow my method, go ahead:
Download the latest FunKeyCIA files and put them in your user folder. After that, go to the 3ds titlekeys site and download a new enctitlekeys.bin file for good measure. Open command prompt and type in "FunKeyCIA.py -ticketsonly -nfskeyfile -all"

You'll have these ticket files. Now, I hope you hacked the 3ds to have FBI at this point, because you'll need it now. Since the latest releases of FBI, you can just batch install these files. They won't download the games unless you tell FBI to. Wait a while as they install. Then access the eshop to see if something like NewMario2 is redownloadable. If it is, you succeeded.

3ds.titlekeys.com

XD

I hate you.

but why, just use freeshop it has batch installing

makes no fucking sense what you're doing

I'm about ready to rip my hair out since open cma and qcma aren't working on my pc or my laptop on 3.6
Is there anyway I can just use filezilla and back my shit up that way?

I know what freeshop does, you're the retard for not understanding what im talking about

What are you playing on your Vita /hbg/?

How do I install custom themes on 3DS? It's the only thing I have yet to figure out.

>Reading comprehension
Notice how I said freeshop earlier. You know, above my method.

Isn't their batch installer in beta still?

Doesnt exist for the standard size n3ds. Literally no cases exist for this thing its retarded

>reading comprehension
Notice how I called what you doing fucking nonsense?

just some loli simulator number 543

Delete system 34

Huh, honestly thought you had the black one that got smashed above.

Yeah, it's retarded. There's hundreds of removable faceplates, yet no nerf armor for the smaller one.

I read clearly, yet you didn't answer the question as to whether or not the batch installer is still in beta.

Kids are still fuming that summer is over, I see.

I would be playing Natural Doctrine if I could get this fucking dump to work.

keep doing what you're doing just don't fucking suggest it to others because it's fucking retarded

So, what are limitations of playing pirated games on Vita now? No trophies/can`t turn Vita off/saves don`t work for the most part?

I'll do that while you recommend glitchy shit to our latest buddy in the bootleg world, bucko.

Not all games can be dumped.

> No trophies
You get them but can't sync them safely.
>can`t turn Vita off
HENkaku's offline installer means you don't need to worry about that.
>saves don`t work for the most part?
I've never encountered the save bug because I've never left the console in sleep mode.

>IOSU might happen, but the situation doesn't look good.

PLEASE

NO

DON'T TELL ME I'VE UPDATED FOR NOTHING

how do i update vita games
please respond

With the exception of a few games, everything runs like normal.

Just don't go thinking they can't ban you.

>tfw 3ds doesn't click when closing it completely anymore

wuffystylez just posted on gbafags that the public release is still being worked on. School started and Team Salt is limited on dev time.

jesus christ why did nintendo make such a delicate console when its aimed towards children

Just wanna be sure I've got all this straight before I do something stupid

Just got a N3DS, gonna transfer my old 3DS' (running rxTools still) emunand to it
So basically the short version of what I need to do is dump my EmuNAND to a file using EmuNAND9, as per the instructions of the guide, and then when I get to "Section IV - Restoring the System" I just do the system restore using that file instead of the NAND backup from my fresh N3DS, correct?

what game do you want to update?

You need to do the 3.61 update glitch. Basically you download the 3.61 update. It will ask if you want to install the update, say yes and the vita will extract the files and reboot, don't worry it's not actually installing yet. Once the vita reboot it will ask you if you want to continue installing the update, say no and the vita will boot normally. Now run henkaku and the game updates should be working, all you have to do is click on the update button on the games bubbles.