/bdog/ Black Desert Online General

BEER edition

New awakenings every two weeks
forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/110189-awakening-announcement/

Korean gobbly-gook:
inven.co.kr/board/powerbbs.php?come_idx=4123&l=2224

>What is BDO?

Black Desert Online is an MMORPG by Pearl Abyss that was recently released for western audiences, with additional changes. It features action-oriented combat, open world PVP territory control, player housing, and more.

Info from the site: i.imgur.com/r7VvB6h.png

>I heard it's P2W

Lots of paid convenience features; and some cash shop items are able to be sold to other players on the marketplace, but maximum price caps restrict making unreasonable bank from them.

>Discord
discord.gg/0vYcIJNhxt5cd4pK (join at your own risk)

>/bdog/ guilds
pastebin.com/9ctV1ig8
>Guides
pastebin.com/VH3XrCYb

>Maps and nodes

blackdesertfoundry.com/map/#4/-8.89/-25.22
blackdeserttome.com/map/
bdomap.mmoguild.org/

>Useful Links
Wiki: blackdeserttome.com/wiki/BDO_Tome
Database: bddatabase.net/us/
Skill Calculator: blackdeserttome.com/calculator
Class Armor Sets: wodox.imgur.com/
Else: Google it before posting

>BDO KR/JP info + differences between NA/EU
pastebin.com/P2YqnsCX

Previous thread:

first for sardine

The future is now

i thought there was a huge protest for this game being p2w and everyone was going to leave it

no

so this is mainly for competitive players? pvp based?

Saved. Thanks

It can be if you want it to be. You can also go full casual and still have a good time. Depends on what you're wanting to get out of it

I have three guest passes to whoever can help me with my error I am having with my game.

I have looked at everything on google and other threads and have not found anything that works yet.

It is not my firewalls or the file in the 2 file.

Whenever I press connect the game freezes I check my cpu and it is only at 20-30% at max so there is no way that is why it is crashing.

I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game twice.

Here are my specs.
4th Gen Intel i7-4700MQ (2.4GHz 1600MHz 6MB)

Windows 8.1 64

NVIDIA GeForce GT755M 2GB

8GB PC3-12800 DDR3L SDRAM 1600 MHz

1TB (5400 RPM) + 8GB Hybrid Drive

Does it just lock up and make you force quit or do you get a failed to connect/disconnected message?

Force quit

Only startup issue I'm familiar with is the xigncode nonsense. If you have any programs that automatically open on startup try closing them and see if it works.

I have all the start up softwares disabled. I think you are right though that it has something to do with the stupid Xigncode this has only started happening since the last two updates.

Do you have things like auto hotkey installed? It hates all sorts of macro tools.

No I have nothing installed and I have all the character saves deleted. It really is a pain in the ass.

2 hours 17 posts how dead is this game really?

Thread is kinda dead, the game is fine

bdog and bdo are not symbiotic

>he fell for that

Is there open world pvp and what is it like?

What is class building like?

There is open world pvp but it's probably the worst aspect of the game. I can't speak for large scale pvp but I imagine it can be fun but you'll need to invest a lot of time to get to that stage, though they're running a bunch of catch-up events at the minute that'll make it easier.

Class building isn't particularly in depth but there's enough there to carry it. Combat is fun enough and somewhat skill-based in that you can fluff your inputs and ruin combos etc.

If you're in it solely for the pvp then I can't recommend it but if you enjoy singleplayer rpgs or mmos like runescape then I think you'll find enough here to keep you entertained for a good while.

Thanks I'll pass.

>costume spams the stupid emote constantly while your character keeps a deadpan expression

rip

same with the sorc one, its really annoying

By making cash shop things sellable to players its even less pay2win now than it was before. The people who complained about that have no idea how the economics of the changes actually worked and just got carried away in some sort of mass hysteria.

The changes favor serious players who pay nothing or small amounts. Casuals who spend the max are better off than they would have been but still not going to be as good as someone who actually plays the game.

Theoretically whales who are also NEETs are stronger now than they were but when it comes to looking at strenght in game you have to consider that you can not just keep progressing linearly indefinitely. A NEET will have all bis tri, a NEET whale might have some tets but thats only a tiny increase and how many NEET whales do you know? Thats almost an oxymoron.

The only people relativly worse off would be casuals who dont pay anything but honestly casuals shouldnt try to play reality simulators, they should just play regular reality instead.

If I preorder an item after I already see it registered do I have a chance to get it with my preorder?

They did, that's why this general is deader than BnS's now.

open world pvp is basically you are just fighting some monsters as usual and then out of nowhere some faggot kills you and you never saw it coming and are already dead before you even realize what just happened.

I like it.

I heard about some russian private server where +20 gear is given to everyone, anyone has information on accessing this?

do scythe skills use attack speed or cast speed?

The general is dead my man. BDO is another long list of sandbox games ruined. See Trion with Archeage.

Sandboxes are shit and traditional mmos were not even sandboxes. Sandbox as an anti-themepark movement is retarded.

BDO is not a sandbox though. Archeage tried to be but became too pay2win. BDO is not pay2win though, and is very traditional mmo in many of its aspects. It will survive as a niche like EVE.

>game goes on sale
>buy it
>make a delicious brown fit waifu
Now what costumes allow me to show the tummy the most?

To be fair it's about as sandbox as you can get as far as modern MMOs go. I mean to a AAA standard. Unfortunately the days of UO style MMOs are dead and we're now in the age of shitty MMOs. To me sandbox MMOs are how MMOs should be but unfortunately most of the ones that crop up lose sight of what they're doing and try too hard in certain aspects (like how MO and Darkfall tried to become too action based).

Sorcs new outfit has lots of tummy. Guess it depends on what class you are. The Lahr Arcien R is good though, for any class.

kibelius

I'll post mine then

This one

this one too

It's the same fucking outfit

Clearly it's different, and if you can't tell, you're colorblind.

sauce

>what are dyes ?

Looks like a ranger wearing Charles Rene outfit.

Maehwa. You can tell by the hair, waifufag.

Is that not 100 muscle? It doesn't look like it, and that color isn't sexy enough.

Nobody said it was 100 muscle.

It's not, and go fuck yourself she's perfect.

Then don't reply to my sexy brown fit waifu post.

I didn't you fag.

>What's a joke?

And the bow+sword combo.

No.

Right, that's true. My bad.

lmao why would someone make a shitskin character? just because you are one irl doesnt mean you have to be one online.

niggers gotta nig

>pretending to be a retard is a joke

have fun staring down a tunnel

Let's not pretend it wasn't painfully obvious.

It was obvious but it was stupid t. different guy

the quality of your posts

On one hand, it blows Iliya's so out of the way without a reason to visit. On the other, that makes it more special.

obvous samefag

>shitter mad his joke was bad
fuck off faggot

Join Sardine!

fuck you shit eating cunt cuck faggot

>tfw you will never have cute witch waifu to fish with while holding hands

>try a battlefield
>literally everybody is a wiz or archer with over 9000 ap

This was mostly a kneejerk reaction by the dumbass Archeage crowd. Most of them certainly left and the BDO community became a lot better afterwards. Good riddance.

red battlefield is a joke
good thing its completely dead on uno

Weird. As a ranged class it feels like every giant/warrior has over 9000 ap.

Word.

That's because you're terrible, everyone knows ranger is the strongest class in the game in group pvp.

Too bad I'm not a ranger.

Actually that's sorc. In both group and solo pvp now.

spin 2 win.

No, ranger is still stronger and will be even stronger after it gets its awakening

>play sorc
>archer eats through block faster than most classes
>always staying out of range
>dodging away as soon as I catch up to them
>only vulnerable while kd

nah bro

>rdps archer is the strongest in every korean mmo
>never play rdps archer despite always being angry with myself and swearing i will next time
>the two korean mmos ive ever tried it in were the freak exception and they a shit

page 10 emergency bump

Inner thigh windows are pretty hot

Like this?

cute

Well no because you've removed the window entirely

still good tho

is one of them tera

Ah, I misunderstood. I thought you were referring to the thigh gap and not the thigh cut out.

yes

Glad I added muscle

How much of a no life loser do you have to be to actually care about PvP in this game?