fggkusogeking.challonge.com/jojos
fggkusogeking.challonge.com/kof98
fggkusogeking.challonge.com/sfv
fggkusogeking.challonge.com/st
douyu.com/directory/game/FTG
vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/Shmups_101
youtube.com/watch?v=DcmoTzgv5j0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

is angel the highest iq character of all time?

clips.twitch
.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys

MAX SAID NIGGER WTFFFF

nep nep fightan game when??

>KUSOGE KING TOURNAMENT SERIES
It's that time again, /fgg/. Time to play a bunch of dead kusoges (and some not dead kusoges) and watch as people gloat because they're the only people that still play that dead game.

>Points System
This time we'll be assigning a point value to the top 8 finishers in each tournament. The player with the most points at the end of the series will be declared Kusoge King.

1st - 32 points
2nd - 16 points
3rd - 8 points
4th - 4 points
5th/6th - 2 points
7th/8th - 1 point

The man with the most points will be allowed to ban 1 game from the next season's lineup.

>Schedule & Games Lineup

fggkusogeking.challonge.com/

September 16th @8:00 PM EST - SF3: Third Strike - fggkusogeking.challonge.com/3s
September 30th @8:00 PM EST - Vampire Saviour - fggkusogeking.challonge.com/vsav
October 14th @8:00 PM EST - King of Fighters '02 - fggkusogeking.challonge.com/kof02
October 28th @8:00 PM EST - Ultra Street Fighter 4 - fggkusogeking.challonge.com/usf4
November 11th @8:00 PM EST - Jojo's Bizarre Adventure - fggkusogeking.challonge.com/jojos
November 25th @8:00 PM EST - King of Fighters '98 - fggkusogeking.challonge.com/kof98
December 9th @8:00 PM EST - Street Fighter 5 - fggkusogeking.challonge.com/sfv
December 16th @8:00 PM EST - Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo - fggkusogeking.challonge.com/st

>Rules
-All games best of 3.
-Grand finals best of 5.
-If connection is unplayable attempt to fix it however you can. If it remains unplayable one player may forfeit or you may attempt to play it out.
-Check-in time is 1 hour prior to tournament start. Bracket will be shuffled at start time.
-In the event of a controller malfunction or any other event that disrupts the match the responsible player must forfeit the round. If no player can be determined at fault replay the set with the score before the malfunction.

If there's anything you think I missed let me know.

That's Amane.

I love her

SFV is fun.

>2006
>everyone buys japanese consoles, games, and phones
>2016
>consoles are dead
>japanese games have stopped trying to compete with the west
>apple has 70% market share in japan
What the fuck happened? It feels like Japan just stopped trying. Literally the only reason why western games haven't completely taken over the FGC yet is because western IPs are pretty boring.

how big is king of dinosaurs dick

do you just not play ranked or what? you play at a higher level than sub bronze

brb while i dislodge giefs cr.lp from my asshole

mobile

i just havent had time to play

Western companies started to slowly aggressively push out Japanese companies by using marketing to gain the upper hand and then deliver the killing blow. Japan was never going to last against all of west. It was an uphill battle from the start. And in the age of social media and peer pressure, playing good games in favor of westernshit just isn't the trend anymore.

This highlights my point perfectly.

All memes aside, this looks like a 2006 game.
Nothing good seems to come out of Japan anymore. Their games are garbage. Their electronics are garbage. Their anime is garbage. Everything about Japan seems so primitive now.

I can't believe I used to dream about working as a game developer in Japan.

>>consoles are dead
>

PS4 is breaking sales records

>>japanese games have stopped trying to compete with the west

Good, they don't need to

>>apple has 70% market share in japan

and?

GGs
Sorry if I was memeing on you with my Lizardman and Necrid. I only picked the joke weapon for Necrid but I didn't mind you picking the long Kilik and Yunseong weapons.

Then stick to westernshit. You get all the cinematic graphics and braindead gameplay you can wish for.

Now fuck off.

no competition is why fighting games are garbage right now. instead of trying to broaden their playerbase, arcsys sells minor expansions at a $60 price tag and staggers the pc and console releases in hopes that their fans will double dip. it's pathetic, really.

I'd say he meant the second thing he said but I don't know what that was either. Tacos for you d00d.

Guys, how do I get as good as maxmillian? I been watching his streams and videos and replicating his combos but they never seem to work for me and i keep getting blwon up

It's funny seeing western shit like overwatch and mgsv lead the sales charts at least for 2 weeks in japan.
Plkease kill yourself, /r9k/kid.
>those linebreaks
>defends ps4
holy shit haha

I wish the models looked better

Daily reminder that Third Strike is NOT kusoge

Should I learn Claw in ST?

Every SF is 100% certified kusoge.

which isn't even the right way to play her, if it was as easy as you're saying then Mika would place constantly. The best way to play mika is to play lame.

Fuudo and Luffy are the only Mikas who consistently place and they as lame as possible. Both of them only jump a lot when they play someone who clearly can't deal with it.

Fuudo 3-0'd Momochi at stunfest and in the entire set he jumped in twice.

parrying is a garbage mechanic and the top characters make the game unplayable

KOFXIV got good reception and Tekken 7 looks amazing

>arcsys

There's your problem

fggkusogeking.challonge.com/3s

Check-in starts in 4 hours 20 minutes. It's not too late to register. Seeds will be shuffled at start time.

twitch tv/pickles2393 is the stream. I'll be in Discord if people want to commentate. No reason not to join, even if you hate 3s and will get 0-2'd like me.

list of reasons why mika gets a guaranteed meaty/command grab mixup off v-reversal:

Street Fighter 1 and Street Fighter The Movie The Game aren't.

Your face is a garbage mechanic.

v-reversal is a garbage mechanic

1. no invincible reversal

3s is the kusoge king my dude

Yurobs aren't allowed in this, right?

Overwatch is a good game. It's a game that will get support for years to come.

What about SF5? That shit show was a fucking clown show and the comedy was in seeing a Japanese dev trying to monkey a western dev. Capcom gave up on adding their own real money currency system because they don't have the technical know how to implement it. They couldn't even get the store working properly and had their servers blindly trust the client.

Meanwhile, the west plays games that actually require skill like CSGO, DotA, Starcraft 2, and Overwatch. What do japs play? Light novels? J "RPG"s? The only jap genre that requires a modicum of skill is fighting games.

2. mika gets nothing off a midscreen command grab

>The only jap genre that requires a modicum of skill
shmups take skill

you are, it's 8 PM EST though

Overwatch is pretty garbage from the gameplay perspective and it launched unfinished but yeah at least blizzard addressed the issues in a timely manner. SNK does too except the ps4 exclusive shit.

>shmups are still a thing in japan
and this is why japanese devs are irrelevant

>mgsv
That's a Japanese game you dumb fuck.

>KOFXIV got good reception
[muffled burn to fight theme song in the background]

erm, what are you trying to prove here?

What is this for?

huh yeah you are right, i guess only two players entering a no name tournament does prove that the game got bad receptions universally

you should be a lawyer

Any doujins with Mai being willingly or forcefully fucked by her male version of herself.

Nah it's a western shitshow. It's very clear the dev wanted to make all but a videogame and instead be a hollywood movie creator.

It has splendid gameplay though. You sound like a buttravaged shitter.

It's this weeks WNF. I am pretty sure the game had over 20 entrants the weeks before. It's also the first time smash4 took over sfv as most entrants game at WNF.

>this is considered good game design according to /fgg/

who gives a fuck about game journalism when the game has no scene outside of china/mexico and online is dead because of the meh netcode and shit balance (which wasn't really a problem in kof xiii)

kofxiv is the sfv of kof

This is one of the few times I wish I had a PS4.
Hopefully KoF 14 is a timed exclusive.

>china
I'm sorry mate ut I don't see a single kof14 stream on douyu.com/directory/game/FTG

They are but they are more niche than fighting games. People mostly play older releases though. I think the only popular new game is darius burst.

>arcades are still a thing in Japan
no wonder they fell behind

Learn to read. SNK obviously got sony money to keep it exclusive for a time.
It's so retarded when kof13 sold around the same on ps3, 360 and steam. They effectively cut their own market into a third of the size for a quick buck by sony. This shit is one of the reasons japanese fighting games are shrinking.

yeah, they don't have ps4s and still play old KOF (of which there are many streams)

that's why people say it was dumb to make it ps4 exclusive when their biggest market can't even buy it

>console exclusive
Which means the Steam version is coming.

my tummy hurts /fgg/ (y`w'y)

i wish hibiki was my gf...

kof xiii didn't sell well and they had no money to make kof xiv so..

It's really retarded because kof14 has a key to success on pc by being such a low spec game.

Oh damn, that wording cannot be denied. PS4 cross-play coming soon too !?!? Confirmed.

What's the baby's guide to shmups. Didn't like Tohou. Gun Nac on nes is fun though.

kyojin fighting game when?

>PS4 cross-play coming soon too
doubt SNK has the know how to implement that

looks like a boy desu

fightcade is low spec, good online, good game variety and it's pretty dead outside of third world countries

i dont see people saying "ok today i won't play csgo/dota/lol/overwatch/wow and go play kof xiv"

No its Japan. They'll some how optimize is horrendously. Kof 14 being 3d being a big contributer to that.

It would require running their own servers and system like Capcom is doing.
Afaik SNK is using the stock Sony netplay framework which means no crossplay.

Everyone here shared impressions of character in SFV, what they need for the next balance changes, who needs the hammer and who needs some sweetness. But aside from balance changes, there is something that also needs to be addressed, along with many other issues: how do we bring the hype to these characters.

There is this shared impression of the current roster that SFV simply lacks of flair, the game is pretty simple on a concept level and the new stuff doesn't seem to bring in the game much more going on. What can they possibly bring in or even change to the game so that it could feel more exciting to both play and watch?

>outside of third world countries
yes thats the whole point nigger

Only third world play kof and only first world buy PS4. Do the math

I think that user was meaning that since a lot of people who still play KOF a lot (mexico and china mainly) play it on their shitty PCs so if a new KOF came out with low system requirements they 'd move over, not that it'd capture an audience outwith that

Crossplay requirs the publisher to have their own servers.
Oh yeah I forgot.

vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/Shmups_101

This is honestly a pretty good guide even though its /v/.
I'd say Mushihimesama Futari Original mode , Dodonpachi first loop are probably the best.

baka gaijin again showing he knows nothing

youtube.com/watch?v=DcmoTzgv5j0

Alex is hype, just make alex god tier

>murrica
>fist world

I dunno, lots of Mexicans bought a PS4.

focus your eyes on the ship and use peripheral vision if you don't want to spend hours memorizing bullet patterns.

yes, you heard me. shmups have set bullet patterns.

me on the left

wud play kawaii dykes

alex is not hype, unga random slash because fuck playing neutral even with his great normals, unga random online ex stomp, unga mash parry in v-trigger because why not

he's the ken of grapplers

take that back!!

Damn, show me where the Alex HYPA BOMBED you

i dont give a shit. I do know that not losing on 2 guesses is something the players would appreciate

TAKES FOREVER TO FIND FUCKING GAMES ON SFV IS IT FUCKING DEAD

There is also a gimmick where you influence the patterns by your movement, like BoI has.

I'm from actual third world and I can confirm PS4 are a myth here

play a real grappler kid
i'm getting games every minute rn

Maybe trying to differentiate the characters and give their V-Triggers something more than just Dragon Installs or one-off gimmicks could be a good start.

Also I still feel like the game needs to be overall a bit faster.

Just more fun characters and less unga ones. Characters that I enjoy watching in V are Guile, Juri, Ibuki, Balrog, Rashid, FANG and Alex. Characters that are completely hypeless and boring is the rest, but Necalli, Karin, Ken and Cammy win the "all play same insanely boring" prize.

there should be a grappler character with fireballs that can spd you

>good characters are boring
fuck off

You think so?

so basically you hate good characters and like meme characters

let me guess you probably played dan in sf4

Tager