/mcg/ - Minecraft General

Embranus the anus edition
We discuss minecraft, minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/GXp8B
minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/level-up
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

ded game

in for Gregtech

oh piss, I forgot to link the last thread.
i fucking hate mobileposting

THE DRAMA IS REAL

endermans tongue my pickaxe

mineycraftia

Old thread:

Just finished rendering my Slavic temple.

cyka blyat/10
Can you do something steampunk on the future?
Would be really cool.

How deep into TC do I need to get in to unlock golems?
I just simply want golems but not TC.

It would help to know what version you're playing.

And golems aren't cheap.

i think it's over. too bad. I sent fyber the forge log thinking he would go ape on lex but that fizzled out quick with lex admitting he was wrong and fyber seeming to give few fucks either way.

1.7.10, I have some resources but I dont know if it needs a lot of resources from TC.

>trying to manipulate based fyber into following your personal agenda
despicable

ded

community crash when

Why? He should know when he's being trashtalked.

>thinking he would go ape on lex

>implying it's unusual for someone to get pissy about being shittalked by an unflushed turd
>implying it's an unrealistic expectation

also >hurr personal agenda
go away, lex-shill

Why did /mcg/ lose a bunch of posters again?
The last thread wasn't even that shitposty.

so?? is it kinda easy to get them without getting deep in tc?

because 1.10 is shit and 1.7.10 is being buried alive by forgecunts

inb4 page 10

Perhaps advertising would net newfigs.

nobody in their right mind would join this trainwreck of a community
the only people around just haven't moved on, kind of like a beaten wife

Then maybe beating up someone's waifu?

Easy way to get loads of gravel?

Eat mountains

I began lurking /mcg/ just 2 months ago with a sudden interest in MC because I actually had to study.
Now that exams are over I don't even feel like playing the game anymore ;_;

Transmutation Tablet is best one I know

Describe how you played, what mods you used, and how far you got.

Pulverize smooth stone?

iktf
my modpack has been "ready" since last december and i was delaying actually playing for when i have copious amount of free time to go full autist, only interrupting gameplay when i absolutely need or want to

by the time i had enough free time i didn't feel like actually playing

Didn't think anyone would be interested in a blog but here it goes:
- first played MC way back in alpha. Stopped after beta
- wanted to try some mods. Started with FTB because I didn't know shit and it seemed easy enough
- first played SkyFactory 2.5 because it seemed so unique to me (lol). Was actually pretty fun but lost all interest when I setup a AE2/ME system
- Thinking I needed more of a challenge I started a Infinity Skyblock save. Fuck what a chore. At least I got introduced to Logistics Pipes which I love
- Then downloaded hoboserbs modpack and had some fun. Spent most of my time automating shit and writing OpenComputers stuff. Save went to shit after I installed RotaryCraft
- Currently working on my own modpack but it takes so much fucking time that I'm not sure I'll finish

Yeah. Had some comfy hours and connected to my inner autist. Hope I can get back into it sometime soon

Sounds like you're mostly on top of controlling burnout at least.
Maybe do a bit of planning to break up the monotony of just making the modpack?
Or try new mods and stuff.
Or if you really want to go full austism actually force intermod synergy by disabling/changing crafting recipes to remove the "easy" ways of doing things.

The problem I have with making my own modpack:
To see how mods play out in the end sometimes would require to advance pretty far into the game.
I spent 10 hours on a test save just to find out I fucked up the ore gen with loads up duplicates.

I don't wanna start a game just to find out I fucked something up majorly in the configs. And how would I know if the pack even was fun if didn't already play it?
Just use creative? I don't know, I feel like that would take away some of the fun in discovering new mods and whatnot.

Lol I just went to a river and with a silktouch shovel veinmined all the gravel.
Now thats what I call M A W P C.

I have to say I do like the idea of intermod synergy. If FTB Inf Expert mode was just a tad less grindy it would be perfect for my needs.
But as I'm still a noob when it comes to mods, I don't even know how many popular mods work on their own (haven't touched Thaumcraft yet), so there is not much hope in creating any synergy lol.
I'm just gonna mess around some more in my hoboserb save I guess.

>lex admitted he was wrong
>by calling fyber a different idiot

So I was minding my own business trying to procure some coal in my brand new Infitech2 world when I suddenly get this message.

I'm playing in single player and LAN isn't even enabled.

Should I be worried?

Probably headcrumbs, meme mod that ftb usually uses.
Adds "players" that basically act like zombies.

Hmm
That explains it.

This "gatsu" is actually a profile on the minecraft forums.

So im introducing my sister to pc minecraft with technic launcher she has only played pocket addition its amusing watching her learn crasting with a mouse

LSIF got BTFO by us ancaps. Then the ancaps got BTFO by HCF.

But that was one of the problems with 1.0 - any PvP-oriented players could visit and fuck everything up.

Apparently Civcraft 3.0 is fixing that problem using more balanced mechanics, but it's deviating too far away from vanilla so I'm not as interested.

>Direwolf made 1.2.5 popular again
>The Curse launcher is shit and doesn't work for older versions
>more and more people will notice this and it will never get fixed, ruining Curse's reputation even further
Direwolf20, slowly saving the world of modding. How cool is that.

Go to the golemancy tab and research the hungry chest, you should be able to get golemancy right after that. Hope you have enough motus and spiritus.

Speaking of 1.2.5, I just fired up FTB Retro and picked the Insanity map. Any idea where I'm supposed to get Iron from? Do I have to set up a dark room and kill zombies until one drops an iron ingot?

Thanks, any addons I should consider adding?

Look at the Philosopher's stone recipes, then go to the nether.

How the shit do i get the old FTB launcher?

The only download i can find on the ftb site is the shitty curse launcher

Already did that, got a transmutation table. Does it give me iron transmutation to start with or something?

direwolf isn't going to save shit, he's part of the fucking problem. him going to 1.2.5 is a latch ditch effort to save his channel and youtube career now that modding is dead after 1.8

Damnit, no it doesn't. Should I feel bad about using cobblestone slabs to duplicate EMC?

Pigmen drop gold nuggets. The stone lets you transmute one gold ingot into 8 iron ingots.

>us ancaps
reeeee

I've played so many hours of this game.

How do I make it fun again?

>Thanks, any addons I should consider adding?
Automagy
Forbidden Magic
Gadomancy

Right, almost forgot about that because it's almost as dumb as killing zombies for iron

>1.2.5 never stopped being fun
>direwolf plays it
>suddenly everyone wants to play it

not an ounce of individuality in sight

I find enjoyment teaching others the game

You can teach me anytime you want.

infitech 2 serb when

>having a serb when there are only like ten posters

wew, all of this drama. and when did cpw become such a condescending cunt? I really should stop reading reddit.

Crashed and burned like every other serb in progress

Can someone give a tldr of the Why Im opposed to Forge energy?
I lost myself within all the comments.

So now that people are flocking to 1.2.5 mods will get newer version of themselves for that version?

Or are gonna stay with old semi-stable mods?

lex wrote it for curse and ftb the day after getting back from pax with them. he didn't ask anyone, he just added it. people freaked out. damage control teams like cpw told everyone to suck it.

you might see a small surge in 1.2.5 utility mods but it won't last, the community is fickle and has a herd mentality.

lmao wut

why 1.2.5 lol?

Read the thread, pally.

Memewolf20 is playing it to save his channel.

I'm not even an ancap. I just liked those guys so I did a lot of shit with them.

I like 1.4.7 more than anything but I was getting so far behind in the patches that I just conceded my ways and started with the latest mod-friendly patch.

Any active servers up?

I have problems with speedrunning golems, I dont understand the concept of essentia, where do I shove it to make a hungry chest and how to do I gather essentia and put it inside the TC crafting table.

Read tutorials, watch tutorials, figure it out.

Thats exactly what I didnt wanted to, I just wanted the cute golems not TC complete.

Too bad.

;_;

I made a thing on 2b2t about a year ago.
For anyone that still cares about vanilla:

imgur.com/a/GXp8B

Wait, you made this on 2b2t? The anarchy server?

Wait, you made this in the end on 2b2t?

nothing wrong with Headcrumbs if you configure it well
(so basically, disable mobs, rarify heads and replace the dumbfucks in the namelists by people (or ressources) with a good skin.

It can make for some fine base decorations

Cool shit man. But how in the fuck do you hide it?

I haven't played Minecraft in a long time. Do nether portals work in the end?

This happened to me a couple years ago and it scared the fuck out of me. Happened to be a mod though.

>TRAINCRAFT
>FOR 1.7.10

basically, I made it out over the void when inf blocks became temporarily unpatched.

It's still there, but destroyed now. It was amazing...

So what can trains do? And If I where to make a train based modpack what can I do to make them necessary?

They are just prettier way to move things, like lava tanks or wood logs or simply: things.

Probly Custom Ore Gen?

Make the deposits large and less frequent so that you depend on large trips to acquire materials.

Or some big ass mega project

I dunno.

Does it have a way to make ores biome specific? It'd be cool to have multiple mines in different areas. And perhaps through some mod tweaker fuckery cause the ores to drop ore chunks that need to be recombined at your base some how. That way the take up space and encourage the use of trains greater capacity. Or maybe they could cause a slowness debuff when in your inventory.

>minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/level-up
Had a scare with licensing issues due to a 5 year old dead thread, but Level Up! is now released for 1.10.2.

I dunno aboot biome specific. The TFC mod does add a rock layer-based ore gen but it's built into the core mod. I remember Bioxx saying it was based on COG.

And yea, there's a mod that adds a weight factor to your inventory making you almost immobile if you're carrying more than a couple full stacks of cobble or dirt.

I don't recall the name but the Divergence modpack has it. Its on the AT launcher.

I will definitely check those out, thanks user!

oi minecucks how the fuck do i find a good server? all i want is pvp vanilla with an active user base

>All I want is to play shitty servers with other little kids.
Planetminecraft.

>vanilla
>pvp
>active user base
Best look elsewhere, sorry

is there anything to help me farm in Material Energy^Nature Capital?
as far as i know i'm stuck using agricraft's cropsticks and take care of the crops manually? is that really all?

>wanting to play a ded gaem
>an unmodded ded game