/rwg/Rimworld general

BOARS edition

rimworldgame.com/

RimWorld follows a number of survivors from a crashed space liner as they build a colony on a frontier world at the rim of known space. Inspired by the space western vibe of Firefly, the deep simulation of Dwarf Fortress, the epic scale of Dune, and Warhammer 40,000.

FAQ: ludeon.com/blog/faq/
Wiki: rimworldwiki.com/
Mods: ludeon.com/forums/index.php?board=12.0 (also check steam workshop)
Recommended Modlist: pastebin.com/gPWvMJVq (embed)
Please leave any suggestions for the OP pastebin as replies to this post.

Last colony Randy ruined:

This op image is shit, but i couldn't think of anything better.

That's fine. I was creating one, but you were quicker.
You forgot the IRC channel, though... next OP should have
>/rwg/ IRC channel: #Rimworld at irc.quakenet.org

cryopods are an emergency stasis mode for when someone is grievously injured but you have no medicine or if they're under lucifurium withdrawals and you have none left.

Bad girl. NO FLAKE FOR YOU.

It's what you get when a brother and a sister love each other very much.

The way you handle your colony, it scares me.

these retards don't even fucking fire at them what the hell, they just go straight for melee

This guy's gonna be a good cook

That's not scary at all. I don't lock my colonists into 2x2 rooms, or con prisoners thinking they'll get a great time in the colony, or jail anyone on a binge for some smokeleaf, capture spineless tribals for the sake of organ harvesting and slavery...

...oh wait. Well, at least I give them some sweet nicknames.

Even better stonecutter.

>2x2 rooms

You're too kind if you do that. I put a door on a 1x2 dig in my mine wall, sleeping spot down there and knock the fucker out with euthanasia operation which i cancel out, then remove the sleeping spot and repeat until the room has all the prisoners.

okay so what the hell do I do about this at this point since I've only got one soldier and everyone else couldn't hit the broadside of a muffalo, caravans don't kill any, military aid walks straight into it and injures one or two, and I doubt raiders are going to not flee the second they see that shit.

2x2 is for my colonists. The prison is actually nicer than the bedrooms, although the double beds are all excellent+.

Is the mood buff from joywires worth the consciousness loss? I got a depressive colonist with a torso pain who keeps complaining.

andddd then he gets his arm shot off

No. Get them a painstopper and a nice chair in front of a tv.

Molotovs.

>shared bedroom
>disturbed sleep x6
>nicer than the bedrooms
haha -> lol -> lel -> kek

Why do you have stools in there? Put some armchairs down instead.

Maybe i was a little too heavy handed with those corn field, maybe.

yes it is. don't listen to autistics that think they're being optimal, taking care of mood is the greatest productivity second not even to resting. just make sure you're not fucking up any important jobs due to the consciousness nerf and it's a net positive.

a16 when

bruh a15 JUST came out.

a16 when

a16

WHEN

Soon.

a16 when

I'm sticking with A15c until all the mods I want are available for the next version desu

Still hoping we get some pregnancy for colonist and hope they become useful by age 6 or something but by that time we would already have all ship parts build. At least increase or decrease mood for mothers and fasthers.

To be honest all I want is a rape dungeon mod.

Solved the "WAAAAHHH WANNA SMOEK FLAEK!" problem with some micro-. The wood is also convenient for peg legs, so...

Mainly for aesthetics. I thought they looked better... and in the prison, since the prisoners can sit down the time they want through the whooole day, who cares?

Shared bedroom is -5, but they get +5 from pleasant environment and +3 from very impressive barrack (I'm dumping some art to raise it though). But now I noticed they get -6 from being naked, gonna give them crappy cloth tribalwear to dress.

Just as I said... this guy barely recovered from the beating, and he wants to be a filthy crack addict. Nope.

I love this game.

your killbox is par for the course, absolutely awful

>Original 3 have perished
>Only recruited locals and tribesmen left
>Technology to fly amongst the stars was lost with them
>None of the survivors want to leave their home
>Two even refuse to do research
>Have a sustainable habitat
What do I do now?

Make everyone binge on leaf and chocolates while everything burns.

It doesn't even work yet. I'm thinking I'm going to repurpose it to something else. Suggestions?

Barn.

i don't know, if you posted a large resolution pic of your base i could probably find a whole bunch of shit that wouldn't survive natural selection. if you conquered and walled the entire map you should make bigger bedrooms and multiple dining/rec rooms but no doubt you have more important things to do. make art from chunks

Already have one.

1/3. The base itself is 81x69, but the walled part uses almost the whole map. I won't give the colonists bigger bedrooms because this would mean they walk more from bed and to bed, the dorms are already large like that.

2/3. It's a 275x map.
The plasteel comes from that small room from the left, I had 9 drills working nonstop.
The planned mining operations will give access to more deep ores, and it's also to "encourage" insects to not spawn inside my fucking prison and kill all my prisoners.

PLEASE HELP

Does an AI chip prevent the effects of normal brain damage as long as the chip isnt fully destroyed? And does it regenerate like other bionic parts? Or will getting shot in the head with an AI chip installed just make me retarded again.

Basically I'm asking is it an upgrade or just a fully functional replacement

3/3. The "real" killbox is bottom left - raiders like to pathfind through there. They sometimes kick a door on the top of the map, but give up when they see "GUESS WHAT! ANOTHER DOOR!".

dining and rec rooms should be bigger and filled with statues until colonists can barely breathe, steal some real estate from the northern rooms. workshop can use work, i don't know why you need to cut so much stone but get more machining tables, electric smelters, and component tables. work tables should be in the middle of the room all stuck together in order to give colonists the spacious environment buff and let them socialize. there's no reason to use hydroponics for food when you can just sow a huge corn field out in the open during spring and forget about it until harvest, you shouldn't be seeing a no electricity icon over this. you can protect all that land so use it. i don't even want to imagine why you built your dorm on that delicious brown rich soil. place sterile floors in kitchen if you haven't already so you reduce your chance of making poisonous meals when it gets dirty. build trade beacons in your storage house. build televisions in your hospital. harvest some organs and keep them somewhere cold and away from children. i would move your kitchen/freezer down to the south box and expand your workshop. you have a lot of land so you don't need to cook for your animals, just sow daylilies on a good chunk of your land and let them eat it, a grower will keep sowing when the tiles have no flowers and they'll keep eating them. no need for a killbox, just build 30 mortars and keep a stockpile of 3k shells, when something spawns bomb it the fuck out.

>dining and rec rooms [...]
>workshop can use work [...]
Based user is based. I'm doing those.
About the stone, I might allow granite for low-skilled artists instead of wood.
And I already know what I'm doing with the killbox space.

>hydroponics
Somewhat constant and fast flow of food, near the consumption.

>dorms over rich soil
To avoid messing too much with the layout... and because I was already planning on hydro since the beginning.

>sterile floors in kitchen
I barely get any poisoning event, my cookers are 15+ and ingredients get their own room.
(inb4 about hauling: batch cooking. Without batch cooking, I'd set up some priority zones for veggies and meat.)

>tvs in hospital
There are three. I don't recall which mod, but it turns the power off automatically when there is nobody there.

>trade beacons in storage house
There are already.

>organs
Below the hospital.

>daylilies
Nerfed in a15. That was a viable strategy before.

>no need for a killbox
Well, I have a bunch of traps, and due to the amount of charged rifles pirates "gave" me to complement my snipers, I don't even need it. That's why I never worked on the killbox. (The two mortars were uninstalled from a siege.

TL;DR: there is some really good advice here, thanks.

Close up of the hospital. The doors are forbidden to avoid fuckheads from pathing through that... I unforbid them when needed.

call traders buy gold and make high quality royal beds so your peons sleep less and work more.

rest goes up quicker than comfort from my experience; you can very easily have uncomfortable pops because of upgrading your beds. just put a dining chair or even a textile chair at every workbench

uncomfortable doesn't prevent peons from working, tired does, and besides high quality beds are more comfortable as well as more restful

Assuming you start as a tribe in the desert is there any way to make food or are you fucked?
Sand can't be used for growing crops and is kinda useless

it gives them shit moodlets

>colonist gets mauled by a warg
>-3
>prisoner burns in a fire
>-7

it'll fix itself when they sit down and start making more nikes. i'm not paying them to be happy i'm paying them to bring glory to the colony

what if they're harvesting acres of veggies? no comfort

lower caste peons aren't a consideration

Holy fuck senpai why are you torturing your colonists with those rooms.

Hey guys how do I make a pure medieval playthrough without any guns. Just medieval tech I wanna make a village of warriors.

please help you fuckers

please

I just want to know whether my Adam Jensen pawn should have an AI chip or painstopper

>Ice sheets 325x325
>Poison ship on the other side of the map
>11th of winter; outdoors -76F

How long do I have before it poisons my entire map?

I guess I should make a little safe house with campfire on the center of the map just in case. Keep getting a few major break risk and if they break out side, they might as well be dead.

Why can't I plant cacti in the desert?

sage

Why isn't there a seed system for plants?

You know the strange thing is i could have sworn there was a seed system in early builds of Rimworld..

Cause this game is shit, it's just some generic shit like the guys who did all those "DF Clones" trying to make a quick buck
Even the art style was ripped off another game

Oh give me a home where the muffalo roam
Where the boomrat and the Alphabeaver play;

>wanderer joins
>noble
Nothing can be fucking done about this.

Artificial difficulty.

Joking aside kill him.

>no glass walls for greenhouses

sad!

glass. windows. wall lights. ceiling lights.

why are these not in the game.

they're in glittertech and cost titanium

fuck

thats absurd about this is that mods are ostensibly a thing in order to not only customize a game but cover for any blindspots the game devs might have had

and yet here we have a modder making basic things require extra special technology and precious metals

nothing can be fucking done about this

Holy shit, a colonist of mine just went berserk in the dining room and got gunned doen asap. Got fucking dammit and she had good skills and traits. That is one less hauler. I should have locked her in her room when I had the chance. I was expecting her to daze.

found a vein of over 1000 plasteel. If there is a rng god he loves me.

>tfw a colony where I lost 3 people to plague near the beginning has become my best colony yet.

I've been thinking about the plague

do I just burn all old clothing and keep animals out of the house? I bet it has to do with clothing

It's completely random. Most diseases don't spread in this game also

>tribal start
>heat wave happens
>4 out of 5 people die.
How do I stop it.

Research passive coolers. Also git gud.

>wanderer joins
>person asks to joins
>can't check stats/traits/story/skin color ahead of time
this game sucks

they've all become cannibals

thats an anti-semitic meme

You can check stats ahead of time for everyone except people fleeing raiders. And even then you always need a couple of colonist prioritized to busy work like hauling and cleaning.

you don't get an option for 'wanderer joins'

If he aint good enough for you just kill him.

what would you guys do if i cheated to attain maximum aesthetic

don't die

Post defenses.

did you just individually turn off every turret

You are only cheating yourself user. You are only naking yourself weaker.

how are desert sites lads?

>can't farm
>can't hunt
>die

ive come to realize even if you're in a temperate forest you still need to hole up and conserve because you're gonna get fallout or volcanic winters anyway

regular deserts have patches of soil to exploit anyway

Are you shitting me

I chose to rescue her, straight after an additional raid popped up, and one of the ones on the bottom has a sniper rifle

Nothing can be fucking done about this.

capture, never rescue

ah fuck, I'm only like 20 days in

welp, I'm nipping this in the bud this time, no more fucking around

How do I roof this

forgot file

bottom right corner, click the 3rd button on the first line to see which tile isnt roofed

>those coolers