/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 11.0)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60 (Kernel)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel), 3.55 (Userland)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp
Games: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1124W4krFF5R-wd-P0ijVp1el2v_1M6mCeg5_EulXbo4
How to install VPK: pastebin.com/6Nd6qY2L

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.1 got released. Browserhax and menuhax have been fixed. Most entrypoints still work. NTR CFW doesn't work at the moment. Don't update yet unless you have a CFW installed.
-Install Menuhax ASAP if you're not already on CFW, because Nintendo can block Browserhax remotely without a workaround. twitter.com/smealum/status/758450605568372736
-You STILL can't downgrade, use CFW or install .cia files from 11.0 without a hardmod or hacked system transfer. github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade
-SD card access in DS mode is now available. ROM loading is still being worked on. gbatemp.net/threads/413015/

>Wii U
-IOSU might happen, but the situation doesn't look good. Update to 5.5.1 recommended.
-Enter 104.236.072.203 under DNS Settings to block updates. twitter.com/NWPlayer123/status/766486134356529152

>Vita
-Henkaku r6 enables GPU overclocking, increasing performance in some games.
-Maidump, a new tool for dumping games, provides better compatibility than Vitamin does.
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku.
>Rinne left the scene to pursue his dream: being a tranny

>PS4
-A webkit exploit is available on firmware 3.55. github.com/Fire30/PS4-3.55-Code-Execution-PoC
-Game decryption (1.76, maybe 3.55 soon) playstationhax.it/forums/topic/3104-tutorial-how-to-bypass-pfs-protection-entirely/

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!3AEV2S6K!zBQ9vGzlE-LE0znRyjgPYf3TIhxIPXfl6IZCevrqEzg
subculture.co.kr/humor/1618270
github.com/Rinnegatamante/rinCheat/tree/d7bced7fe589ffdc9b4d3c197ab67404e81d140e
m.gearbest.com/memory-cards/pp_337821.html?wid=21
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Anyone got Taiko working on a PSTV?

first for new chink release

So i hsve download a game from pspiso and its come out as an mp4. Can I just rename it to vpk if i dont want to use that poorfag qmca method?

>it's a no ePSP or PS1 support today episode

Daily reminder a9lh is a meme, it's useless and there is nothing it does than emuNAND can't do. It will never ever save you from a brick.

sure

Friendly reminder to report and ignore.

CHRISTMAS

H
A
C
K
S

That face would have be pretty fucking bad to turn me away. Even then I could just get a bag or something.

t. butthurt a9lh autist

What is game_config.txt and why does it keep popping up on my SD?

so can I update the cfw to 11.whatever?

>/hbg/ is now full of tranny pics
fucking 3dsfags shitting up the general again.

yeah, don't forget to turn your console and restart it while holding R before updating.

Remember to report and hide the lgbt shitposters.

and why's that?

see

how can you guys complain about how the hacking scenes are full of fags when you lot are such fags

To make sure a9lh doesn't get deleted when you update.

safe mode, so if anything go wrong you can just revert it back easily

Post archive or what game you played last

The worst part is it's 3DPD shit.
Fuck, at least post 2D traps.

Reminder to hide and report hide and report shitposters.

It'll save you from a CTRNAND brick, which is 90% of software bricks.

fucking dumb faggots who don't bother to read the OP or using their brain for easy as fuck answer with google don't deserve any help or sympathy

On what firmware does ps4 came out of box in general?

Fuck off with this autistic meme already. There is no fucking way on earth a9lh can save you from *any* kind of brick.

Thread ruined.
Make another.

I miss the days of needing a pandora battery for psp hacking

3.55 or below new

Used could be 4.00 now

Fuck off, psp scene got better once they ditched those fucking batteries

That's for PS3.

WHAT FUCKING GAME ARE YOU PLAYING OR WHAT ARE YOU WORKING ON?
If you're gonna post traps, talk about hbg shit pls.

I remember having to crack my PSP battery in half and write on the circuit board to get my PSP to boot into recovery mode. Still the coolest hack ever

pokemon heartgold on 3ds when ?

replaying SMT 4 so i can catch up to play SMT4A

>PS4: 1.76 (Kernel), 3.55 (Userland)

cant find photos of her face anywhere

>not having the real cart from launch day
>not owning a flashcart
I'll still be happy when rom loading becomes a thing though

Has there come any new cool homebrew to the vita recently?

Game ports or anything?

Half Life on vita when?

I don't have the arm9 thingy
Yea I know I'm lazy

Scummv works great, just played through Putt Putt Saves the Zoo.

Very Retrouvaille RPGmaker vpk

mega.nz/#!3AEV2S6K!zBQ9vGzlE-LE0znRyjgPYf3TIhxIPXfl6IZCevrqEzg

you can play RPGmaker games on it

Playing firered on my 3DS.

Playing god eater res on pc nigga

subculture.co.kr/humor/1618270

Is this the same person?

what are the controls of easyrpg vita?

Third wallpaper featuring the magical girl yurika, was a bit sceptic since she has the same color as Sanae but in the end I think it's alright

was workingon recovering my shit after my sd card corrupted. Making good progress now. Gonna start up DQ7 after I get everything setup

Is there any way to make QR codes to install romhacks with? The screw on my N3DS is stripped and ninty's fucking wankers for putting the SD card back there

Nothing. About to go masterbait for the second time today.

how do I update my a9lh? I did it like a year ago so I don't know what to do

why would you ever use that method in the first place while you can just ftp shit?

Cyber Sluts and MGS2.

I have to go back and finish AoT's epilogue. Also, Odin Sphere.

Then I have old backlog shit like SAO Hollow Fragment, Freedom Wars and Soul Sacrifice Delta which I owned forever and never finished.

Then I have the huge backlog:

Atelier Meruru
Atelier Ayesha
Atelier Escha to Logy
Atelier Sophie
Grand Kingdom
MGS 3
Ragnarok Odyssey Ace
Senran Kagura Shivovi Versus
Senran Kagura Estival Versus
Sword Art Online Lost Song
Toukiden Kiwami
Valhalla Knights 3
XCOM EU+

and many other weeb and jp only games such as Dungeon Travelers 2, Demon Gaze, Criminal Girls, Deception IV, EDF games, Gundam Breaker 3, Girls und Panzer, Neptunia games, Hatsune Miku games, visual novels like Steins Gate and Psycho Pass, Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters, Moe Chronicle and many more.

Then there's shit games like Borderlands 2, Call of Duty and Assassins Creed which I would like to try just to see how they play on the vita.

And then there are the games that still don't worked, haven't been dumped like the God Eater games.

The backlog is fucking killing me.

Pokemon X because I have the ability to ditch it cost free now if I hate it.

I have literally never played an RPGmaker game. Are there any that are actually worth playing?

Sorry if that's an ignorant question. I tried Yume Nikki but found it to be a tad slow, and I didn't really understand what the hell I was even doing.

how do you make your wallpapers? I'm trying to make some but they won't work when put into a theme

so do i get virtues last reward and zero time dilemma for vita or 3ds?

Can I charge my vita with my microwave?

Reminder to steal rinCheat, rename it, release it, and let him know:
github.com/Rinnegatamante/rinCheat/tree/d7bced7fe589ffdc9b4d3c197ab67404e81d140e

Vita.

any thoughts?

Remember that they have to be in 8-bit depth, and the best dimension to use is 960x512

I like it, incidentally, where are the background images coming from, I feel like I'm supposed to recognise it but don't

Does it support touch? I enjoyed playing Spy Fox on my PSP, but anything requiring fast inputs is a bitch on analog+click.

i think they're pretty comfy. play the one i just made, it's really short and you can beat it in an hour or so.

don't worry though, i didn't like yume nikki either

why?

>RPGMaker games on Vita
is this real life? can I play Ao Oni on the go?

just finished rune factory 4, now I guess I'll play bravely second and either SMT4 or EO4 if I get bored
yes I'm a disgusting neet hate me

Better resolution, better graphics, 3ds has save bugs.

Iv'e heard that 960x544 was the correct size. Would this be a problem in terms of theme compatibility?

Additionally, Iv'e heard that wallpapers don't necessarily need to be 8-bit depth. In fact converting my wallpaper to 8-bit depth(from 24) did not make it work. It just murdered the color quality

I'm currently working on >cakes.
Mostly because I want to refresh my C.

does the second screen not add cool stuff?

Theres a meme that VLR has a corrupt save on 3ds. But all you need to do is google it and you will see it only happens if you save during 1 condition that happens at one point in the game.

The double screen is definitely ideal for ZE games

im making a persona 5 custom theme

This whole a9lh is a meme has become a meme

>does the second screen not add cool stuff?
>The double screen is definitely ideal for ZE games
Second screen is not necessary and adds absolutely nothing, it's just a gimmick.

>cakes
>isn't about lonely Christmas Cakes lusting after dicks

Where do I get the micro sd with those cute sharks on them?

>converting my wallpaper to 8-bit depth(from 24) did not make it work. It just murdered the color quality

Stop using paint retard.

Most of the time I like to have a bunch of background with the same style, thus they are either from CG (this one is from Grisaia no Kajitsu), are original works (like the first two), etc..

The dimension are just for the aesthetic actually, I used to make 960x544 background, but they looked stretched, it's because I didn't take into account the bar, that's why 960x512 is the best option.
If only converting them into 8-bit depth wasn't necessary it would be great, maybe you didn't edit the theme.xml properly with the name of the pictures, and I assume they are in .png right ?

IB it's pretty good, if you want to try a RPGmaker game you should give it a shot.

no because you should play better games

like mogeko castle

alright going vlr for vita and ztd for 3ds

>ztd for 3ds
if it's easier (freer) to do so that way, go ahead. but the 3ds version has major issues, like dropping down to 2 fps at times. vita version also has an unstable framerate as well unfortunately. pc master race

What should I use then? If there's a way to save it in 8-bit depth without obliterating the image then that'd be great, I just sort of assumed that's what lowering the bit-depth would do regardless of how you do it

I did make sure theme.xml was set up properly, and the images are .png

Not yet, but I believe the dev said that would come in the next release or so.

Not to mention the 240p display. I'm not trying to shit on the 3ds but if it's a multiplat between the vita and 3ds always go with the vita version.

>What should I use then?
Photoshop.

It won't change the colors at all

>playing DQV for first time on DS version first time via flashcart
>TFW get to decide your bride part
DQ bros help me out, i wanna choose nera but i know how fucking stupid love at first sight is
>then choose bianca she's a childhood friend
no she's not we raided a fucking dungeon to save a cat as far the hero knows harry is more of a childhood friend since we actually grew up together, albeit in slavery
>tfw all this shit could've been avoided if the hero just told Nera's dad too fuck off and give hin the shield

it's a fucking video game, pick whoever the fuck you want

>i wanna choose nera but i know how fucking stupid love at first sight is
blog time?

Post your vita themes

>ZTD

Don't you know that game's garbage? Why waste your time?

im still making it. please wait

it's a choice of a permanent party member

I never said otherwise. don't put words in my mouth. it's definitely shit why, uchikoshi? ;_;

m.gearbest.com/memory-cards/pp_337821.html?wid=21