Just bought this r32 gtst, can anyone help answer some questions?

Just bought this r32 gtst, can anyone help answer some questions?

Other urls found in this thread:

japan-partner.com/Auto/26285/Nissan/SKYLINE/car-for-sale.html
ebay.com.au/itm/ULTIMA-Short-Travel-Front-Shock-Absorbers-to-suit-Nissan-Skyline-R32-RWD-Models-/301996909446?hash=item46506b2386:g:k9cAAOSwX~dWqfls
twitter.com/AnonBabble

what questions?

>gears crunch in 3rd, should I rebuild or get a new tranny?
>what does the little 'push' button next to the key do?
>rear end of the car makes a sound as if the rear tyres are slipping when they arent, like maybe a bad diff or something?

>>gears crunch in 3rd, should I rebuild or get a new tranny?
common issue for those, 3rd gear synchros go bad
>>what does the little 'push' button next to the key do?
releases the key, you're supposed to push that while turning the key to 'Lock'
>>rear end of the car makes a sound as if the rear tyres are slipping when they arent, like maybe a bad diff or something?
sound like you've got a 2 way differential, good for skids

>when taking off its really jerky, is that a bad clutch or am i just not doing it correctly?

>stock boost gauge is in like cm/kg^3 or some shit, if i take that one out and chuck in one with psi will it work correctly?

>shitty aftermarket water temp gauge says the water is at like 100C or something, is that about right or is the gauge fucked?

thanks dude, does bad synchros mean i need to get a new tranny or is it worth a rebuild?

>>when taking off its really jerky, is that a bad clutch or am i just not doing it correctly?
could be an unsprung clutch, common for them to chatter and feel like an on/off switch
>>stock boost gauge is in like cm/kg^3 or some shit, if i take that one out and chuck in one with psi will it work correctly?
should be in x100mmHg. 7 is 1 bar of boost or 14psi and yes, just run an aftermarket gauge
>>shitty aftermarket water temp gauge says the water is at like 100C or something, is that about right or is the gauge fucked?
RBs run hotter, 100C is normal temp in traffic

source another trans and compare it to the cost of a rebuild. at least with a rebuild you'll know it's good

youre the best man thanks, didnt expect someone on this meme board to actually know their shit let alone help

No problem.

I have a 32 myself (albeit GTR) but they're sort of similar.

post pics

ok

How much did you pay?

so does your exhaust double as a rocket launcher or something?

Muh dick

oh hey one more question, how bad would it be to drive it around but skip 3rd everytime? If i skip third the tranny runs like a dream is there any reason why i shouldnt keep driving it like this?

melon launcher and flamethrower actually

it won't hurt anything, no

OP, maybe there is something going on with the clutch. Try and see if the clutch disk is all right. If not, get a new one. I would also tell you that maybe you're doing it wrong. Or maybe the clutch release bearing? Either one.

$4300aud but the tranny is pretty bad, it has a few dents, the paint is shit but the engine is healthy as fuck

>BTW THE GUY WHO POSTED THE OTHER PIC ISNT ME I CANT POST ANYMORE PICS SINCE ITS NIGHT IN AUS

For the second Nizzy: BEAST MODE. Absolutely love it.

I wouldn't bother fixing the paint until the tranny is up and running. Maybe the 3rd gear syncros can be swapped from another transmission that you can get on the cheap. Or look for compatible syncros.

you motherfucker where did you cop one that cheap

they're cheap as fuck in Japan, Canada, and Australia

not where I've looked, I can't find an R32 for under 7k here in brisbane that isnt totally fucked

Oh and New Zealand

Sorry Kiwis

Ausfag here too. What state?
My brother wants a skyline or a supra or any sort of Japanese sports coupe. Too bad almost all of them have been thrashed and cost way too much.
Sounds like you got a good deal though, if you want to put the work into it. Where did you buy it?

In Japan they are dirst cheap, especially if you look away from Tokyo and the surrounding area. Saw one a month or so ago in Kumamoto, but I didn't have the cash to put it on a boat and deliver it to the Old Dart. JP-AUS is cheap, but JP-UK is so expensive.

Keep on the lookout is all I can say. One person's 'totally fucked' is someone elses prime suspect for a good cheap car.

America has definitely hiked the prices tho.

I'm in the surrounding area of Tokyo and I know of a handful of them (coupes and sedans) for $4500 USD and under

Or the lazyfags or asshats that sell the cars on the cheap just because they are 'old' or 'shit'. Especially hose. You can get them cheap, like really cheap.

yeah man I will definitely do more research

oh man if I told you the full story of how lucky I was you would want to punch me in the face, basically:
>Guy who I was going to buy car from calls off our deal
>get depressed and jump on gumtree
>see this r32 ad that had been up for 3 mins flat
>instantly make an offer and set up a meet
>apparently guy had hundreds of messages but he chose me because I said please and thankyou or someshit lmao

VIC, picked it up from Dallas even though I live on the opposite side of melbourne

It is cheap, but just the car. Especially if you live FAR from either JP or AUS. Me, living in the UK, and wanting a Nissy or a Toyota, like the AE86, R32, R33, S14, S15, or even the 180x or the Sil80, i'm deep in shit.

BEAST MODE. But i'd do away with the wheels, hideous IMO and make it panda white and black. And probably do something with the exhaust, because it looks AWFUL. Again, IMO.

Ah, I live in a similar area. I'll keep a look out.

Yeah you're kinda fucked m8

Yeah dude I hate those wheels, Im gonna go with these kind

>hating LMGT1s

I just hate the chrome, if they were like black or grey I would like em

you lucky cunt

good luck with it! treat her well user and she'll be the ride of your life

plasti-dip em m8 :^)

>youll never be able to buy a cheap bnr32

I guess ill pay 25k for a imported GTR here in the states...

kek

Trannys fucked

It's not the fact that i hate the model of the rims, i hate chromed rims in general. If it were black, red, matte black, matte red, or ANY other color, i'd instatly love 'em.
Sick one. Get either 5 or 6 spoked rims and it'll look awesome. Be it grey or not, no chrome.

Check this shit out japan-partner.com/Auto/26285/Nissan/SKYLINE/car-for-sale.html

Car Price
1902690 JPY
FOB Charge
47200 JPY
Pre-shipping inspection
Free
Ocean freight to Liverpool

95025 JPY
------------------------------------------
Total C&F Liverpool port
2044915 JPY

I"M SO PISSED RIGHT NOW.

Get a 6 speed conversion if you grenade the trans mate.

Despite Veeky Forums's memes these cars are 'sensitive' and old manuals in sports cars with high-ish HARD milage like these will eventually give out

Just go easy on shifts and dont make the same mistake we've all done at one time or another and dagumi it yeah?

You'll miss being able to pull in 3rd, which is the most fun gear.

Does it just crunch going in, or does it vibrate/almost pop out/pop out when it's in 3rd?

Because if it's just the synchros, you can double clutch + rev match into it and not give too much of a shit.

>waste a couple thousand dollars on a 6 speed for your stock HCR32
lol

Lol dont double clutch it while revving high, my box grenaded when i did that.

>$4300aud but the tranny is pretty bad
Common issue.

Just get the clutch changed and while its out you might as well get the shop to look at the box's general condition.

i was literally days from getting mine done when it blew :(

>Stock
These things never usually are.

You are both right. Don't be a yobb and overrev, and if you really don't want to repair the syncro, just revmatch and try to get into 3rd without the help of the syncro. Other than that, as the top comment suggests, get ur clutch replaced.

fine

>waste a couple thousand dollars on a 6 speed for your bolt on HCR32
lol

if it was any sort of built it wouldn't have been 4300 AUD

>Just spend literally more than the purchase price on a new gwarbox mate
Fuck you're a dickhead

That's because you're a dickhead, double clutching does not hurt anything at any revs.

Yeah i will man, thanks. Oh and the cars only done 160,000kms but it might be wound back, is there anyway to tell? Honestly I think its legit because the seats and stuff is like brand new but I dont know for sure

Lol try being in my car when it naded then fag
AH DURRRR
Yeah could be mine only had around 120k i think it was wound back because the box was FUCKED alot worse than yours.

Anyways good luck and dont listen to the trolls here go to a real forum ai.

Its just when shifting into third once its in though there are no problems

its not stock it has an rb25 turbo

>AH DURRRR

? So you admit you're fucking stupid?

>its not stock it has an rb25 turbo
are you saying it has a RB25DET or a 25 Turbo on the 20?

25 turbo on the 20

so it's basically stock

regardless it's not worth any 6 speed swap when the 20 or 25 trans will do the job no problem, for a hell of a lot cheaper

ok thanks for the info

Just a dead synchro, common as hell.

Either live it (double clutch + rev match) or get a quote for new synchros all round and some other goodies.

Ignore the retard who says you should spend $5,000+ on a 6-speed, this is the same guy who spent so much money on a shitheap AU falcon he could've bought a BF F6.

Your 5-speed rebuilt would be more than happy to be thrashed behind an RB25, let alone the RB20.

I don't need to have been in the car, i can already tell your hamfisted ass started pushing it into gear before you had the clutch all the way down the second time, snapping it.

>its not stock it has an rb25 turbo
Yeah thats all good i had a stock rb25det it was a good motor.

Some mods u can do to get the boost on earlier is a aftermarket boost controller and BOV BUT as i was told and found out the stock ceramic turbo's might grenade (yeah these cars love grenading turbo's and manuals) if you run too much over stock boost especially if its had a hard life (overheated if it doesnt have a turbo timer etc.)

So please DONT hoon into 3rd, go easy on it.

From memory mine went on 1st and reverse syncro's and the clutch was slipping.

Go get a decent clutch rated above stock for future proof and research some decent aftermarket turbo's

Good luck

I got over it because i'd rather NA v8 although i didnt know it at the time ;)

Treat her gently till you build her up, i didnt and regret it deeply.

>I don't need to have been in the car, i can already tell your hamfisted ass started pushing it into gear before you had the clutch all the way down the second time, snapping it.
Lol as usual sir you are wrong but please continue ;)

Ive been through this for the last 3 years on Veeky Forums

Seriously man, just take your gearbox out, send it off to be rebuilt and throw a new clutch in it at the same time.

Good time to change transmission mount rubbers if they're shit, check the condition of the unis on the driveshaft (and/or center bearing if it's 2 piece) and change the diff oil + check the diff bushes.

Drivetrain will now be solid, give the rest of the car a full service (all fluids and filters, check rotors+pads while doing brake fluid, etc).

Ready for skidz

Fucking this

damn how much do you think a tranny rebuild will cost, also i need to change the front suspension cos its fucked when you go over speedbumps which suspension should I get? The guy i bought it from said DMU or something ending with a 'u'. How good is that brand? oh and power steering pump but thats only like $50.

Depends on how much you want/needs to be done and where it's done at, ring around and get some quotes telling them what it's doing.
You can also go RB25 box and have that rebuilt if you have the money, future proofing.

Suspension again depends on budget. You can get brand new factory spec shocks and use your current springs, or you can get $2,500 coilovers. Really up to you, might be worthwhile signing up to SAU and seeing if there's a group buy soon.

Basic Shocks are not too much for these

I had coilovers on mine.

Honestly they are not worth it, mine where set up fairly well except for being WAY too stiff the grip and traction was AMAZING but would i ever get coilovers on any car i own on these roads ever again? NOPE

Look at something like this if your low on cash

ebay.com.au/itm/ULTIMA-Short-Travel-Front-Shock-Absorbers-to-suit-Nissan-Skyline-R32-RWD-Models-/301996909446?hash=item46506b2386:g:k9cAAOSwX~dWqfls

As for the gearbox rebuild....

YIKES i was quoted $1000-2000+ with a clutch depending on what was wrong with it and that was 2+ years ago not sure what the going rate is now.

Might also want to get a front bushing kit as well mate and some strut mounts and ball joints if it still feels 'loose'

>Lol dont double clutch it while revving high, my box grenaded when i did that.
What the fuck are you talking about?